Dr. Alexander Kofinas, MD

Maternal-Fetal Medicine | Male

Dr. Alexander Kofinas, MD
Dr. Alexander Kofinas, MD is a maternal-fetal medicine doctor who practices in Brooklyn, NY. He is 65 years old and has been practicing for 41 years. Dr. Kofinas is affiliated with Good Samaritan Regional Medical Center and NewYork-Presbyterian/Brooklyn Methodist Hospital.

Dr. Kofinas' Experience

See how Dr. Kofinas' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Kofinas

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Kofinas has admitting privileges.

Dr. Kofinas' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Kofinas to family and friends
    4.1
    Dr. Kofinas' Performance
    NY |
    Awful Dr.- cares more about money than you or unborn babies. My obgyn recommended Dr Alexander Kofinas but I am so glad I did my own research. Left immediately!
    in Deer Park, NY |
    My son would not be here today without Dr. Kofinas, it's that simple. He goes above and beyond any doctor in his field and I would never have another child if it wasn't in his care.
    in Wantagh |
    No thank you. Your patients deserve better. I quickly left this dr. After he made me cry after my first appt w his abrasive attitude and cocky demeanor. You aren't god. So happy to be rid of Alexander Kofinas, Garden City office!
    Staten island, NY |
    Dr. Kofinas is very professional, uses the best equipment and is extremely knowledgeable. He kept my wife and daughter healthy and safe. After using him for my wife's difficult pregnancy, all of her sister followed us and used him for all of their future high risk pregnancieS.
    in Huntington, NY |
    My husband and I will forever be grateful for Dr. Kofinas and his staff. I've never met anyone so passionate about what they do and genuinely care about the health of mother and baby. He answers all questions and explains it in terms that you can understand. If it wasn't for him, I'm not sure how many miscarriages I would have had. We have a beautiful healthy baby boy now, thanks to Dr. Kofinas! LOVE him and his entire staff.
    in Brookville |
    A cold cold man who prefers meds and testing over your true needs. I would never recommend!
    in Brooklyn, NY |
    I came to see Dr. Kofinas during what turned out to be a non-viable pregnancy. My regular OBGYN was not able to provide much insight into what was going on. I learned about him through a friend who's pregnancy he had saved. After my first visit, I immediately felt I was in good hands. Dr. Kofinas is extremely through and knowledgeable. He and his staff spent a lot of time with me, explaining what was happening and options for going forward. I highly recommend him.
    in Wantagh, NY |
    Dr. Kofinas may be the best doctor I have ever seen. I've never felt as attended to and cared for by a doctor. When you put the life of your baby in someone's hands, your expectations are high and he has never even come close to disappointing us. His staff is kind and helpful. I can't recommend this office more highly!!!
    in Staten Island, NY |
    If there was a rating higher than excellent I would give it. I am eternally grateful to this practice and to both Dr Kofinas and Dr Nyguen who helped me through a high risk pregnancy that had a lot of unexpected issues. My daughter is here today due to such diligent, caring, and knowledgable doctors. There are no words to express my gratitude.
    in Staten Island, NY |
    I would recommend Dr. Alexander Kofinas and Dr. Nguyen to anyone I know. They are amazing doctors that will do anything to make sure that your unborn child is healthy. I have never met a group of Doctors that work with one another and are always so pleasant and most of all caring. All doctors should be this way. Thank you so much Dr. Kofinas and Dr. Nguyen for a wonderful experience and doing your best to make sure my "Twinkies" are healthy. I would do it all again in a heartbeat!
    Suffolk County, NY |
    I has been under the care of 4 different OBGYN's before going to Dr. Kofinas for a second opinion, when another specialist had dismissed my 5.5 week pregnancy as a loss and recommended a D/C. That fetus is now a smart and healthy 6 year old. I have no doubt that the treatment I received saved a life. Dr. Kofinas also took care of me during my latest pregnancy, where I had multiple complications. I was followed very closely and treatment adjusted as needed - resulting in another wonderful child.
    Lindenhurst, NY |
    That staff is horribly rude and the wait can be up to two hrs- then you get to see Alexander Kofinas, bad attitude, and pompous demeanor.
    Garden City, NY |
    This doctor put me on Lovenox shots when I didn't need them. All of the money all of the drugs- for what?
    in Franklin Square, NY |
    Dr Kofinas is a great doctor! He has alot of knowledge. If it wasn't for him I wouldn't have been able to have 2 kids today. His staff is amazing and tend to your every need. They are also very friendly. I love his office and definitely refer any of my friends there.
    Astoria, NY |
    Dr. Alexander Kofinas and his staff are some of the most knowledgeable, caring and compassionate offices out there. From the start everyone in his office was always caring, professional and helpful. I had numerous issues with my first pregnancy and I felt safe in his care. There were issues my OB/GYN didn't spot that he was able to see and diagnose. Without Dr. Kofinas there's no way I would have given birth to my beautiful baby girl. I thank them everyday for helping me during that time.
    NY |
    In it for the money.
    in Commack, NY |
    Horrible horrible horrible experience! No bedside manner! Quick to send for tests and all of his patients seem to have the same "issues" which he pretends he's fixing.
    Levittown, NY |
    Dr. Alexander D. Kofinas should be ashamed. He should be ashamed of how he treats his patients. He should be ashamed of his lack of knowledge. He should be ashamed of his scam for money. He should be ashamed to force unnecessary testing. Absolutely horrible.
    Brooklyn, NY |
    This place is like a factory. Dr Kofinas is arrogant and has no bedside manner. Most times me makes you feel stupid for asking questions and is not compassionate at all. He seems to be knowledgable, but his receptionist are nasty as well.
    in Long Island City, NY |
    Dr. Kofinas is one of the best. He was able to quickly diagnose my issues and treat me accordingly. He's extremely knowledgable in the field of MFM. The staff is also amazing and very expierenced. If you have any issues with pregnancy Dr. Kofinas WILL help you have a healthy baby.
    in New York, NY |
    Kofinas Perinatal met, and far exceeded our expectations. From the moment we entered the immaculate office we were treated with respect and compassion. All of the sonographers were top notch. State of the art ultrasound machines are used and the exams are so detailed. Most importantly, Dr. Kofinas' bedside manner and attention to detail is unparalleled. We never felt rushed and he always was accessible. Being under the care of Dr. Kofinas put us at ease during the entire pregnancy.
    Dr Alexander Kofinas should have his liscense to practice medicine revoked! The man told me I was pregnant with twins and that one baby was stuck in my tube. Hastily rushed me off to emergency surgery! He made me drive to the emergency room in tears- yelling at me and saying I would die if I didn't remove the stick baby. I wake up from the surgery to find out her was wrong. The man misdiagnosed me. Put me through unnecessary surgery during my pregnancy and still demanded payment!
    Have you seen Dr. Alexander Kofinas, MD?
    Are you Dr. Kofinas?

Dr. Kofinas' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Maternal-Fetal Medicine

• Blood Disorders
    • Blood Disorders in Pregnancy
    • Breech Position
    • Coagulation Defects in Pregnancy and Postpartum
    • Coagulation Disorders (incl. Hemophilia)
    • Ectopic Pregnancy
    • High Risk Pregnancy
    • Hypertension Complicating Pregnancy, Childbirth and Postpartum
    • Intrauterine Growth Restriction
    • Maternal Anemia
    • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
    • Multiple Gestation

Brooklyn Hospital Center

Completed in 1985

Wake Forest University Med School

Completed in 1987

Dr. Kofinas does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Kofinas and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Maternal-Fetal Medicine