Dr. Alexander Istomin, MD

Dr. Alexander Istomin, MD

Geriatric Medicine  |
Dr. Alexander Istomin, MD is a geriatric medicine doctor who practices in Elmhurst, NY. He is 51 years old and has been practicing for 27 years.

8708 Justice Ave

Elmhurst, NY 11373

Learn about Dr. Istomin

See how frequently Dr. Istomin performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Osteoporosis
Osteoarthritis
Arthritis

Dr. Istomin's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Istomin "We bring you what counts - the result!"

• Geriatric Medicine
  • Emergency Medicine

Dr. Istomin does not have any board certifications listed.

• Allergies
  • Psoriasis
  • Pulled Muscles
  • Restless Leg Syndrome
  • Sexual Dysfunction
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Sleep Disorders

• Wart Removal
  • Wart Treatment
  • Wellness Examination
  • Wound Care and Management

No malpractice history found for New York.

• St. Mary's Hospital Medical School
    Other Education | Completed 1996
  • New York University
    Other Education | Completed 1995

• Russian

Dr. Istomin does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Istomin and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Istomin's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Istomin to family and friends
Dr. Istomin's Performance
in Brooklyn, NY |
I was seen right away. Doctor listened to all my worries and calmly explained everything. The staff was courteous. I left feeling calm and more knowledgeable. I would recommend Dr. Istomin to friends and family.
in Great Neck, NY |
Dr. Alexander Istomin, MD is the most caring doctor I have come to know out of 55 years. He is objective while listening to what the patient has to say and works together to resolve situation with my health. Dr. Istomin has always pointed me in the right direction when help is needed outside his office for specialty help. His staff is always great.
in Forest Hills, NY |
Literally the best doctor I've ever been too. I'm 55 years old and have had chronic back pain for about 5 years and every doctor I've been to just wants to prescribe me narcotics and push me off to the side! Not this doctor. He was very concerned and compassionate about my situation and promised me he would help me get off the narcotics and live pain free!!! He even scheduled me steroid injections within 2 days of my visit!! That's something my last doctor never did in 4 years!
in Brooklyn, NY |
Dr. Alexander Istomin is very reliable and kind. He knows how to treat people not only with medication, but also with words by talking with patient. I had terrible coughing,- I had pneumonia, that is gone now. When I first came, he diagnosed the disease and immediately started the treatment. Besides it, he is very educated, has great knowledge and always had for me pretty good advices for my health. I am really glad that I found in New York such a nice doctor. I recommend him and will recommend!
in Jackson Heights, NY |
I have been with him for 14 years. Two kids later! He took great care of me. Professional and yet, a good sense of humor! His staff is wonderful too! Back then, two friends of mine who were nurses recommended him! NO REGRETS! He is the best! Also, if you ever need a referral for any other doctor, he has never let me down and all of his referrals have been wonderful!
in Astoria, NY |
Dr. Alexander Istomin, MD is patient, amiable and thorough. A top notch professional, he never makes me feel rushed and my symptoms are never trivialized. He has good bedside manner. He listens to your concerns, big or small, and makes careful suggestions that seem to be in your best interest. I complained about some aches and pains and he suggested a wait and see approach which I appreciated, unlike other doctors who may prescribe you something just to look like they're being proactive.
Dr. Alexander Istomin, MD has shown me t­hat there are doctors that really care. ­He takes his time with you and never mak­es your appointment feel rushed. He show­s empathy and understanding. He and his ­staff are attentive and maintain profess­ionalism while making you feel comfortab­le at the same time. Amazing Doctor and ­amazing staff!
in Astoria, NY |
This was the first time I saw Dr. Istomin. His bedside manner was excellent as he took the time to hear my medical history and really listen to my health concerns. He was knowledgeable, professional and very nice. He took care of my health need and even ordered some bloodwork. Dr. Istomin was very thorough and I felt confident in his diagnosis and treatment. I will definitely come back and plan to have my family be seen by him. Very pleased!
in Elmhurst, NY |
Dr. Alexander Istomin, MD of New York Medical Center, is an extremely proffesoinal, thorough, and complement physician. He and his staff are very friendly and make me feel very comfortable. All in all, my visit was pleasant of an experience as a visit to the doctor could be.
Have you seen Dr. Alexander Istomin, MD?
Are you Dr. Istomin?