Dr. Alexander Hersel, MD

Dr. Alexander Hersel, MD

Interventional Pain Medicine  |
Dr. Alexander Hersel, MD is an interventional pain medicine doctor who practices in Thousand Oaks, CA. He is 46 years old and has been practicing for 19 years.

1120 Newbury Rd # 150

Thousand Oaks, CA 91320

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
  • Health Net
  • WellPoint

Learn about Dr. Hersel

See how frequently Dr. Hersel performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement)
Herniated Disc
Spondylosis

Dr. Hersel's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Hersel "At PMIR Medical Center we are committed to helping our patients achieve lasting freedom from pain. We believe that optimal pain relief is attained when patients take an active role in their pain management. Using a team approach, our doctors and specialists collaborate with our patients throughout the treatment process, increasing their sense of control over their pain while helping to decrease the feelings of isolation that often accompany chronic pain."

• Interventional Pain Medicine
  • Anesthesiology

Dr. Hersel does not have any board certifications listed.

• Autonomic Disorders

• Peripheral Nerve Block
  • Radiofrequency Ablation
  • Spinal Cord Stimulation
  • Spinal Nerve Block

No malpractice history found for California.

• University Of California At Los Angeles
  • Ny Presbyterian Hospital, Cornell Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2002
  • UCLA Pain Management Center, Department Of Anesthesiology
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2003

Dr. Hersel has no awards or honors listed.

• Farsi

Dr. Hersel does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Hersel and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Hersel's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Hersel to family and friends
Dr. Hersel's Performance
in Thousand Oaks, CA |
Dr. Hersel is always positive, listens closely and recommends the best possible solutions. His staff is great!
in Newbury Park |
Dr. Hersel was thorough and did a complete neurological exam. He was very professional and reassuring. I'm confident he could help me.
in Thousand Oaks, CA |
Dr. Hersel is most caring, understanding, who understands what I am going through. I tell people to come see the most wonderful doctor.
in Thousand Oaks, CA |
I have been a patient for years and I would highly recommend PMIR. Dr. Hersel is kind, caring, informative and never gives up. The staff is the best in Thousand Oaks. If you have pain, do not hesitate to contact this office. It was worth it! There is help for you with PMIR.
in Newbury Park, CA |
After being terrified about having an epidural procedure, I finally decided to do it. The nurse, office staff and medical staff were unbelievably professional, kind and hospitable. After having experienced lumbar pain for decades and having total numbness in my right toe, I experienced 100% relief lasting the first week. I continue to maintain 70% improvement after the first month and all numbness is gone. I remember thinking, why didn't I do this earlier? I was completely amazed by Dr. Hersel
in Newbury Park, CA |
Doctor was professional, respectful, knowledgeable and personable.
in Newbury Park, CA |
One cortisone injection gave great pain relief! Dr. Hersel took time to answer all questions.
in Newbury Park, CA |
I have been coming here for nearly 10 years. I am very pleased with the care I receive.
in Newbury Park, CA |
I have been coming here for almost 10 years. Dr. Hersel is so kind and caring and has not given up on me. I appreciate all that he has done to help me to get to the state where I can function day to day.
in Newbury Park, CA |
Dr. Hersel and all of his staff are always very helpful. They all spend time and effort to help me in any way possible.
in Newbury Park, CA |
I have been a patient of Dr. Hersel for over 10 years. I am very happy to have met him as my treatment by him and his staff has been excellent over the years. I would recommend people to look to PMIR for their pain relief management.
in Newbury Park, CA |
Dr. Hersel is a compassionate, caring and attentive physician. In my dealings with him, he seems quite knowledgeable and willing to go out of his way to accommodate any changes in my pain levels. The staff is amazing and goes out of their way to put the patient at ease.
in Newbury Park, CA |
I suffered for many years with chronic pain. My visits here have given me my life back. The staff is knowledgeable, courteous and extremely caring. I can't thank them enough for their care and concern.
in Newbury Park, CA |
Dr. Hersel performed a neuron stimulator implant about 18 months ago. It has changed my life for the better with pain relief of 60+%.
in Newbury Park, CA |
My visit to Dr. Hersel is always a pleasure. His staff is professional, caring, they care and listen to my issues. My pain in my back was always unbearable. Now I can walk, sit and sleep without pain. Dr. Hersel is the best!
in Camarillo, CA |
I was involved in a horrible single car crash over 4 years ago. I have been in horrible pain since with serious spine problems caused by the accident. Dr. Hersel has been treating me for a over 6 months now. He Is absolutely amazing, genuinely cares about you and finding a solution to reduce or get rid of the pain you are in. I will never go see another doctor again for pain and or spinal problems. His office staff, nurse, and surgical staff are top of the line and very comforting.
in Newbury Park, CA |
This practice runs like a well tuned machine. Dr. Hersel could not be nicer. Feeling this well taken care of during a time of crazy pain helps tremendously. Thank you to all the staff 100 times over.
in Newbury Park, CA |
Doctor is great, gentle, kind, working me to find what's best for me. Feeling hopful working with Dr. Hersel. Thank you.
in Newbury Park, CA |
I have been coming to Dr. Hersel for about a year and I would never go to any other pain management doctor. Dr. Hersel and his staff are kind, considerate and very caring. More doctors should be like Dr. Hersel. Thank you.
in Newbury Park, CA |
I have been a patient of Dr. Hersel for almost a year. He listens to all your complaints and is very kind and caring. He staff is very professional.
in Thousand Oaks, CA |
My visits here have been very pleasant. The staff in the front are so welcoming and kind and the staff in the back are so caring and helpful. Dr. Hersel is so very compassionate, kind, best doctor I've ever seen and I would absolutely recommend Dr. Hersel to my family and friends!
in Newbury Park, CA |
Dr. Hersel's staff is always very nice. The nurses always ask the right questions. As far as Dr. Hersle, I have never met a doctor in my life that is so caring and goes the extra mile to help with medical concerns.
in Newbury Park, CA |
Dr. Hersel is great. I feel like the only time I exist is when I am in the office.
in Thousand Oaks, CA |
He is a wonderful, compassionate man who was able to diagnose my pain within 5 minutes of seeing me. His office staff are extremely friendly and competent, and the procedure he performed eased my sacroiliac joint point immediately. He is the only one I will go to for pain if I needed to in the future, and I have referred my family and friends to him as well. His office and surgery center are beautiful and well equipped, clean, bright, and comfortable. I had a great experience all around.
in Newbury Park, CA |
Dr Hersel is an expert in his field. He cares sincerely about my well-being and restoring me back to an optimal quality of life. I feel rest assured and confident in the treatment, approaches and professional care and advice he provides.
in Thousand Oaks, CA |
He is a good doctor but has had problems with hiring and firing staff and doctors without regards to their well-being. He pretends to care about his patients, other doctors, and other charities, but is only interested in making millions of dollars a year. You may find help with your pain, but just know that you are feeding a selfish man on a take-all, leave nothing for others enterprise. Patients and doctors, STAY AWAY !
in Newbury Park, CA |
Dr. Hersel is genuinely concerned with my well being and is committed to improving my quality of life.
in Thousand Oaks, CA |
I have a chronic back problem and have had an extremely positive experience with various procedures and methods of pain management at PMIR. The staff and Dr. Hersel respond in a timely and professional manner to all calls and messages!
Have you seen Dr. Alexander Hersel, MD?
Are you Dr. Hersel?

See our Interventional Pain Medicine Specialists at Los Robles Hospital and Medical Center

Visit Dr. Hersel