Dr. Alexander Gotesman, MD

Dr. Alexander Gotesman, MD

Adult & Pediatric Urology  |
Dr. Alexander Gotesman, MD is an adult & pediatric urology doctor who practices in Hamilton, NJ. He is 43 years old and has been practicing for 18 years.

1374 Whitehorse Hamilton Square Rd

Hamilton, NJ 08690

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Amerihealth
  • EmblemHealth

Learn about Dr. Gotesman

See how frequently Dr. Gotesman performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Urinary Disorders
Overactive Bladder
Urinary Incontinence

Dr. Gotesman's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Gotesman "Our mission is to be a solutions based practice, maximizing the value of the service we deliver our patients with commitment to excellence, integrity, innovation and treatment.We continually strive to provide comprehensive state of the art urological services with emphasis on patient education and shared decision making. Treating patients with compassion, dignity, mutual respect, and trust remains out steadfast goal.We will strive to be the urology group of choice in the communities we serve."

• Adult & Pediatric Urology
  • Urologic Oncology
  • Urology

Dr. Gotesman does not have any board certifications listed.

• All Lymphoma
  • Bladder Diverticulum
  • Bladder Infection
  • Bladder Stones
  • Bleeding Disorders
  • Blood in Urine (Hematuria)
  • Bone Cancer
  • Cervical Cancer
  • Chronic Interstitial Cystitis
  • Colorectal Cancer
  • Elevated PSA (Prostate Specific Antigen)
  • Enlarged Prostate (BPH)
  • Erectile Dysfunction
  • Esophageal Diseases
  • Genitourinary Cancers
  • HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus)
  • Head and Neck Cancer
  • Hydronephrosis
  • Incontinence
  • Kidney Cancer
  • Kidney Disease
  • Kidney Infection
  • Kidney Infection, Acute
  • Kidney Stone Pain (Renal Colic)
  • Kidney Stones
  • Meningiomas
  • Multiple Myeloma
  • Neurogenic Bladder
  • Neutropenia
  • Nighttime Urination (Nocturia)
  • Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma
  • Oral Cancer
  • Overactive Bladder
  • Painful Urination (Dysuria)
  • Pancytopenia
  • Peyronie's Disease
  • Premature Ejaculation
  • Prostate Cancer
  • Prostate Diseases
  • Prostatitis
  • Secondary Malignancies
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Sleep Disorders
  • Urinary Disorders
  • Urinary Hesitancy
  • Urinary Incontinence
  • Urinary Stones
  • Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
  • Vesicoureteral Reflux

• Excision of Testicular Lesion
  • Lithotripsy
  • Orchiopexy for Undescended Testicle
  • Penile Implants
  • Prostate Cancer Screening Exam (DRE)
  • Prostate Removal
  • TURP (Transurethral Resection of Prostate) or Laser Destruction of Prostate
  • Thoracentesis
  • Urethral Dilation
  • Urinary Stone Removal (Litholapaxy)
  • Uroflowmetry

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

• City University Ny
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1995
  • Stony Brook Univ Hsc Sch Med
    Medical School | Graduated 1999
  • Mt Sinai Hosp/Med Ctr
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2000
  • Mt Sinai Hosp/Med Ctr
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2005

Dr. Gotesman has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Gotesman has no media or publications listed.

• Russian
  • Yiddish

Dr. Gotesman does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Gotesman and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Gotesman's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Gotesman to family and friends
4.0
Dr. Gotesman's Performance
in Matawan, NJ |
Dr. Gotesman is an amazing doctor! He is the only doctor that was able to help me deal with my Interstitial Cystitis. It is a horrible condition and extreme depressing to deal with if not under proper treatment with the right doctor...but I am able to handle it much better with his variety of treatments. He truly cares for his patients. The office staff is absolutely wonderful as well. They are always so pleasant and friendly and willing to help you. This practice is outstanding
in Jackson, NJ |
Dr. Gotesman places reliance on PSA velocity above DRE, and wanted me to get a diagnostic procedure which is considered a last resort due to the high likelihood of infection. I found another urologist who had the good sense to wait a month before PSA retest - especially since DRE showed no problems - and PSA was normal, there was no need for the high-risk procedure (TRUS w/biopsy) that Dr. Gotesman tried to rush me into. If you see this doctor, get a second opinion on tests.
in Toms River, NJ |
I cannot say enough wonderful things about Dr. Gotesman and his entire staff. He is a warm, compassionate and charismatic individual and an amazing doctor. He explained everything in detail, answered all of my questions and completely put me at ease. He was quick to communicate my test results and ultimately resolved a chronic issue I have been dealing with for years. My experience with Dr. Gotesman was fortuitous to say the least and I am beyond grateful for his time, care and expertise.
in Sayreville, NJ |
I am so happy, the Lord guided me to find Dr. Alex Gotesman to operate on my Kidneys I had large stones and my other urologist did nothing. When you need help, you need really someone to help, to calm you down, to assure you and deliver results. I really highly recommend Dr. Gotesman to everyone who has a kidney problem. My difficult surgery was a complete success.
in Freehold, NJ |
Excellent surgeon and one of the most compassionate doctors I have ever had. Highly recommend him and his excellent staff. He gets more than 5 stars for me, that's how good he is
in Jackson, NJ |
While Dr. Gotesman was not my doctor , I used when I called to say I had an emergency, the staff, who are wonderful, heard the urgency in my voice and told me to come on over right away. When I got there and they saw my issue, they did not make me wait, but made sure that I got in to see the doctor immediately. The doctor was also kindly and reassuring and his staff exceptionally compassionate. After tests and samples, he me medication and made for follow up. I highly recommend the Dr. & staff
in Old Bridge, NJ |
Dr. Gotesman is a Really wonderful and caring doctor. My internist actually went to him for his own prostate issues which is how i found him. Ireceived excellent care both from him and his staff for my complex prostate issues.
Horrible customer service by office manager and her staff in Hamilton office. Insensitive staff who do not care about patients confidentiality and want to discuss patient medical in front of other patients in the waiting room. I was supposed to be a new patient today (10/4/2017) and had to leave without seeing a doctor because the office manager was rude and cynical and exhibited poor leadership skills in front of her staff.office front desk is dirty and cluttered with staff belongings. Wow.
in Howell, NJ |
Dr. Gotesman is one in a million as he treats you with professionalism, respect, greets you by name, and has a wonderful bedside manner. Every appointment, Dr. Gotesman sat EYE level with me to give me his total attention and listen to questions, concerns, and discuss treatment. Dr Gotesman is very thorough and dedicated to his patients.
in Freehold, NJ |
I am a patient of Dr. Gotesman's for almost 2 years. I was referred to him by members of my community, all of whom said he has an excellent bedside manner, and explained issues surrounding prostate cancer in a way nobody else did. After I met with him, I agree wholeheartedly. He spent a lot of time and effort to make sure I understood all the issues and questions I had, and he did it in a very clear and informative way to a "lay" person. I can't imagine anybody would think otherwise.
Jackson, NJ |
Dr. Gotesman is a great doctor. He has been so incredibly sweet to my parents. My mom and dad both see Dr. Gotesman and he is the best!
in Freehold, NJ |
Trust is not a word that I normally use when discussing doctors. However, I couldn't have a conversation about Dr. Gotesman without mentioning it. He is the consummate professional beyond his superior technical skills. He's a fantastic listener and a straight shooter. He has a quiet confidence, and an amazing talent for putting a patient at ease. He should also be given credit for assembling a fantastic team, and establishing a culture that makes every single visit an amazing patient experience
in Freehold, NJ |
Dr. Gotesman is one of the most knowledgeable urological surgeons & I'm very critical & set very high standards for the medical profession. I found Dr. Gotesman for my husband. It took more than 3 years to get my husband to go for surgery because he didn't trust anyone else. We loved Dr. Gotesman his bedside manner, his knowledge and his care. We used to live in NY and since we moved to NJ had to find doctors who provided the same quality of care. Highly recommend Dr. Gotesman.
howell, nj |
Dr. Gotesman is a RARE find. I saw him at the Howell office and my life is better for it. He took the time to explain the testing to me and my family. His compassion is unparalleled.
in Toms River, NJ |
On a scale of 1 to 10 he is way over 10. He is a lifesaver. My prognosis was one of the worst possible and 5 years later I am still alive and functioning well with a good quality of life. I owe it all to Dr. Gotesman. He is truly someone special that you can only meet once in a lifetime if you are lucky.
in Lakewood, NJ |
Dr. Gotesman is a great doctor. Wonderful bedside manner. He answered all my question and made me feel at ease. His staff was very pleasant during my visit. I will refer him to my family and friends.
in Toms River, NJ |
Great doctor and staff.Very clean office environment. Completely explained the entire procceedure and experience. Had complete access to Dr. Gotesman and staff after procedure and during the healing process.Great follow up trtreatment.I had three follow up appts. In three months.i give Dr. Gotesman and his staff the highest recommendation.
in Freehold, NJ |
Everyone I worked with was caring and compassionate. I was really nervous, but had the absolutely best outcome. The upside of them treating a lot of women is that they have seen it all and likely know exactly which protocol is best for you. And complications are rare. They are one of the best in the world, if not the best.
in Toms River, NJ |
I have just had one of the worst experiences ever. Dr. Gotesman had his secretary call me up while I'm across the street at community medical center going for a procedure that he wanted me to do He had his secretary tell me that he's no longer going to help me, I didn't think that questioning a Doctor Who called me two different days in a row and gave me to different diagnosis on the phone was wrong. Excuse me for being concerned about myself. Even the staff at community were appalled.
in Colts Neck, NJ |
THE BEST!!! Dr. Gotesman is excellent from his diagnosis to his surgery. His office is extremely well organized and the staff is all superior and of high quality and caring. I have BPH (Also Know As An Enlarged Prostate). If you have this, don't wait to to get this repaired . Go see Dr. Gotesman. You will be happy you did. He told me what was wrong and he fixed it!! My quality of life is great now. His surgical work is excellent and my recovery was also excellent. A very special Doctor.
Point Pleasant Beach, NJ |
Dr. Gotesman prescribed an intravenous antibiotic treatment for my elderly mother's UTI. When we went to an infectious diseases specialist as directed by Dr. Gotesman, she immediately took my mother off the intravenous antibiotic, since the results of Dr. Gotesman's culture showed that bacteria was resistant to the meds he prescribed! We were extremely upset and disappointed.
in Lakewood, NJ |
So nice and considerate. He personally came and escorted me to the exam room and walked me out. Very qualified!!!
in Freeholg, NJ |
Doctor G is an excellent doctor. His office is run extremely professionally, the staff is courteous, on point and helpful. He accurately diagnosed me with prostate cancer when two previous treating urologist had failed to diagnose me. He robotically removed the cancerous prostate. He spared the nerves leaving me full function and fully continent. He saved my life. My recovery has been fantastic, both Dr G and his staff stayed in constant contact throughout my recovery. My surgery was on
in West Windsor, NJ |
Dr. Gotesman is one in a million as he treats you with professionalism, respect, greets you by name, and has a wonderful bedside manner. Dr, Gotesman is very thorough and dedicated to his patients.
in Jackson, NJ |
I was beyond impressed with my experience at this doctor?s office. My first contact was with G and I was completely blown away by how helpful and kind he was and how fast he was at getting back to me! A lot of doctors don?t realize how important it is to have administration like Geoffrey. The first point of contact is crucial!
Have you seen Dr. Alexander Gotesman, MD?
Are you Dr. Gotesman?