Dr. Alexander Gordon, MD

Orthopedic Surgery ·  Male · Age 46

Dr. Gordon

Illinois Bone & Joint Institute

9000 Waukegan Rd Ste 200 Morton Grove, IL 60053

Dr. Alexander Gordon, MD is an orthopedic surgery specialist in Morton Grove, IL and has been practicing for 15 years. He graduated from University Of Illinois College Of Medicine Chicago in 1998 and specializes in orthopedic surgery and reconstructive orthopedic surgery.

Dr. Gordon accepts most major insurance plans.

Dr. Gordon has indicated that he accepts most major insurance carriers

(847) 375-3000Find providers who accept this insurance

No malpractice claims found for Illinois

Check Dr. Gordon's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Gordon's Top Procedures and Conditions

Hip Replacement

Dr. Gordon performs Hip Replacement more than 100% of his peers

Dr. Gordon performs this procedure more than 100% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Anterior Approach Total Hip Replacement

• Excision of Femur or Knee
  • Excision of Tibia or Fibula
  • Femur Fracture
  • Foot and Ankle Fracture Treatment, Closed
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Tibia or Fibula Stress Fracture
  • Total Knee Arthroplasty With Robotic Assistance
  • Trigger Finger
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

Dr. Gordon is known as a surgeon able to listen to his patients. Each patient gets the attention they need, with an individualized treatment plan. Dr. Gordon believes that each patient has a certain uniqueness that must be taken into account when planning a treatment for their specific problem.

• Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery

0.8097165991902834%

Dr. Gordon?
Dr. Gordon's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Alexander Gordon, MD
Over the past year and a half, Dr. Gordon has replaced both of my knees. He and his team are absolutely the best, totally understanding and caring and always professional. I would (and already have) recommended him to anyone in need of surgery. My biggest mistake was waiting too long. I should have done it five years earlier. How can i possibly ever thanks Dr. Gordon for restoring my quality of life. Potential patients....Dr. G puts 100% into surgery so you put 100% into PT afterwards.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Gordon, MD?
Dr Gordon performed hip replacement surgery on my right hip in 2017. I can’t say enough about Dr Gordon’s stellar treatment. I recovered fully with no problems due to his outstanding care. I would definitely recommend Dr Gordon to anyone needing hip replacement surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Gordon, MD?
Dr. Gordon has replaced both of my hips, three years apart. He is not only a fabulous surgeon but a wonderful person! He has time to listen and answer questions and obviously truly cares. I recommend him highly.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Gordon, MD?
Dr. Gordon and his team performed both of my anterior hip replacement surgeries. I found them to be very professional and at the same time caring and understanding. I was provided with all the resources I needed and my questions were always answered courteously in a timely manner. Most importantly, Dr Alexander is a brilliant orthopedic surgeon. Both of my surgeries were day surgeries and they both went off without a hitch. I felt so good that I was dancing at a party 3 weeks after the 2nd one.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Gordon, MD?
I had both hips replaced 6 months apart from each other. I never think about my hips not belonging to me and forget I had them dobe. Highly recommend the anterior approach with Dr. Gordon. He will be doing repairs to a knee replacement later this year to knee that was done with a different M.D. 6 years ago and anticipate smooth sailing on that surgery. Don't wait, go see Dr. Gordon@
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Gordon, MD?
I have had both my hips replaced by Dr. Gordon within a period of 5 months. I could not be happier with the results of both procedures! Not only is he obviously a skilled Orthopedic Surgeon, he is a pleasure to deal with on a personal and professional level. His office runs like clockwork, and his staff is outstanding as well. He seems to really care about each patient and their desires to return to their favorite activities free of pain, thanks to his expertise.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Gordon, MD?
He and his staff were professional, charming and cordial. I felt like my surgery was a miracle. His PA said he would challenge me to a tennis game. Of course I thought I would never play again. Within six months after surgery I was on the courts and felt as if I never had a hip problem.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Gordon, MD?
Had left total knee replacement Aug 2017 after 4 months of pain, using a walker and having seen 6 ortho surgeons for evaluation. So happy I decided on Dr. Gordon. Could walk the same day, no pain, great follow-up and PT coming to home. Very happy with the outcome. Thank you.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Gordon, MD?
My husband and I each had both knees replaced by Dr. Gordon. We are very happy with the results.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Gordon, MD?
My wife had hip surgery this time last year I had mine done on Feb 5th 2018. I.have had minimal pain and my gait is much better already. I do my homework on many matters and i can tell you Dr. G is the man!!! If your lifestyle is comprised by your hip andsurgery is recommended, dont wait!! Life is too short and you his aint no dress rehearsal!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Gordon, MD?
2 hips in little over 2 hours a piece of cake. Was known as the man with 2 hips like it was a big deal. Was walking the halls 6 hours after surgery and stairs the next day. Was amazed how fast I was able to assume normal functions. Walking fast, bending down, two stairs at a time, putting on socks. Back skating, something I never thought i would do again and my slap shot is as good as the night I damaged my hips. Not bad for 80 yrs old. Every ones life experiences should be this successful,
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Gordon, MD?
Dr has replaced both of my knees and one of my hips over the last ten years. I am a medical professional and very careful who I choose to be my personal physician. Professional, courteous and knowledgeable all rolled into one practitioner. I have recommended him to friends and family. Staff is quite wonderful also.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Gordon, MD?
I walked around in excruciating pain for 6+ years. My arthritic hip affected not only my hip, but my upper and lower back. I'm in the healthcare field and had been very active until my hip limited me in every aspect of my life. I don't like taking drugs and subsequently relied on Ibuprofen and Tylenol only. They did not offer me much relief. Thursday June 8, 2017 Dr Gordon replaced my left hip.Now I forget I have a hip replacement. Don't wait.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Gordon, MD?
Dr Gordon replaced my hip and knee (2016 & 2017), both at Thanksgiving week. The initial worries were about losing: time at work and having daunting holidays. My family surprised me with their enthusiasm for the holidays. Life went on at the school and my students were thrilled when I returned. When you choose a doctor you may not know how effective their team may be in the surgical process. Dr Gordon and his staff are a complete package of excellence!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Gordon, MD?
Left hip replacement in June 2016. Surgery and recovery went smoothly, no complications. Dr. Gordon, his staff and that of IBJI were very professional and courteous.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Gordon, MD?
Dr. Gordon performed knee replacement surgery on my right knee. The surgery was performed 6 months ago. I have no pain and just a tiny bit of stiffness which is alleviated when I do my exercises daily. Not only is Dr. Gordon a skilled surgeon, he has a warm and caring bedside manner.. If my left knee requires surgery, I will definitely go back to him. Park Ridge, IL
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Gordon, MD?
I had received high recommendations from friends on their hip replacements. I have had both knees and one hip done by Dr. Gordon. I would recommend him to anyone needing orthopedic surgery. Great guy!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Gordon, MD?
Dr A Gordon is not just an amazing Surgeon he treats his patients with care and respect. I am very slow to heal and I usually have complications while healing he always took the time to see me and listened to my concerns. only one word describes my experience with his abilities as a doctor and that is amazing.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Gordon, MD?
I really think you will be happy with Dr Gordon and his whole crew. I do not like many drs and am very skeptical of them. Dr Gordon is kind and happily put up with me and my too many questions. Most important ,he must be a wonderful surgeon. I am no longer in pain after having my hip and knee replaced. Check him out and don't wait as long as I did. I feel so much better.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Gordon, MD?
I would recommend Dr. Gordon to anyone I cared for. He gave me back a pain free life.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Gordon?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Gordon treats patients.

Skokie Hospital