Dr. Alexander Gordon, MD

Dr. Alexander Gordon, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male | 44 years old

116 reviews| Leave a review
You've got options
Here's a few other providers to consider
Filter Your Results

Dr. Gordon is known as a surgeon able to listen to his patients. Each patient gets the attention they need, with an individualized treatment plan. Dr. Gordon believes that each patient has a certain uniqueness that must be taken into account when planning a treatment for their specific problem.Read more

Dr. Gordon's Experience

See how Dr. Gordon's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Gordon

Dr. Gordon accepts 1 insurance carrier

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Gordon has admitting privileges.

Dr. Gordon's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Gordon to family and friends
Dr. Gordon Says:

I want to thank all the patient who posted positive feedback. Having a good online presence these days is crucial and our happy patients are the best feedback we can get. Hope all those hips and knees continue to do well.

Dr. Gordon's Performance
in Des Plaines, IL |
Right after the total knee replacement surgery I was able to put my full weight on my knee and walk with the aid of a walker to the bathroom. My pain level never increased beyond a 1 and I was walking without any aids one week after surgery. Dr. Gordon's skill, modern methods and approach to the actual surgery left me completely satisfied.
St Charles, IL |
Very experienced and professional. Highly recommended. Excellent surgeon and a really nice guy!
in Algonquin, IL |
Dr. Gordon is the best surgeon ever. I have had several surgeries under Dr. Gordon and I have received nothing but absolute best care ever. Dr. Gordon and his staff will explain any questions you might have and they put your health above everything else. I love Dr. Gordon and his staff. They are awesome!!!
Chicago, IL |
I had some swelling and only limited bruising after the knee replacement. The incision healed very well. I think Dr Gordon did an excellent job, and my physical therapists can tell what good work he did. I've heard of other people who didn't have as good of an experience as I did. He did my husband's knee, too, with equally positive results. Only problem was communication with support staff and at hospital. I had to have blood work & EKG done twice, and there was confusion about the nasal swab.
in Arlington Heights, IL |
In my opinion, Dr. Gordon was reassuring, extremely competent, confident in his techniques, a great team player with other specialists, humble, engaging, and someone with the proverbial "great bedside manner." I expect to have more orthopedic surgery in the coming years, and Dr. Gordon will be my first choice.
Palatine, IL |
He listens well to patients. Came well recommended both by personal acquaintance and a physician's assistant who works for another orthopedic doctor.
in Long Grove, Il |
Dr Gordon took the time to explain everything on my pre op visit. It was important to have an explanation on the posterior and the anterior approach on hip replacement. Every staff member I met before and after surgury were very helpful and supportive. Health loop is a very caring approach, Thank You
Buffalo Grove, IL |
Dr. Gordon did a good job of explaining everything and addressed my concerns. Everything went really well!
in Skokie, IL |
Very satisfied with the total experience with my right hip replacement 9/1/2016-- Dr. Gordon and entire staff care for my well being-- took the time necessary during my 1st consultation to answer all my questions. And checked on me before and after surgery. Will be having my 1st after surgery office visit with Dr. Gordon in another 2 weeks; my outcome has been wonderful--- pain levels of only at a 1 or 2 right after surgery through now (17 days after surgery)-- & PT results are great - Carl J
Arlington Heights, IL |
I have been seeing Dr. Gordon since 2009. He is the most caring and compassionate doctor I have ever seen. His patient care is beyond excellent. He has never given up on me and my problem with my right knee. He has referred me to see other doctors, but I returned to him for the final decision to repair my right knee. He has my outcome uppermost in his mind. I always felt very comfortable with him and he is easy to talk to. He cares very much for his patients.
in Park Ridge, IL |
DR.GORDON REPLACED MY KNEE 2YRS AGO.GREAT DR. LISTENS AND ANSWERS ALL QUESTIONS.I HIGHLY RECOMMEND HIM.
in Mount Prospect, IL |
My TKR went better than I could imagine, and I am sure Dr Gordon's skills were the reason. Sure you leg will swell, and you will have some pain. Watch a YouTube video showing a similar surgery, so you can tell just invasive it is. But I can kick myself for waiting so long. After 2 weeks no walker, no cane. Its now been six weeks, and my range of motion is almost perfect. Dr Gordon always took the time to explain everything. I never felt rushed. Thank you Dr Gordon and the entire IBJI staff!!!
Have you seen Dr. Alexander Gordon, MD?
Are you Dr. Gordon?

Compare Dr. Gordon

Dr. Gordon's Care Philosophy

Dr. Gordon says...

Dr. Gordon's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Gordon has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

Why It Matters: Dr. Gordon's Board Certifications

• Femur Fracture
  • Hip Fracture
  • Hip Pointer Injuries
  • Limb Cramp
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures
  • Peripheral Autonomic Neuropathy
  • Pyogenic Arthritis
  • Rib Fracture
  • Runner's Knee
  • Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA)
  • Systemic Chondromalacia