Dr. Alexander Golbin, MD

Dr. Alexander Golbin, MD

Sleep Medicine  |
Dr. Alexander Golbin started his journey as a physician after graduating from the prestigious Medical Institute in Leningrad, former USSR and was referred by the government to run a pediatric department in a large hospital in Siberia. Upon returning to Leningrad he continued his practice after his post-residency training as a pediatric and adult neuro-psychiatrist. In addition, Dr Golbin successfully completed his PhD dissertation at the renown Pavlov's Institute Experimental Medicine of the Academy of Science. Shortly after, he took up a position as a neuro-psychiatrist of the Central City Pediatric Hospital and then the leading neuropsychiatrist of the NorthWest Region of the former USSR for non-military sailors and their families. He participated in the creation of mental health systems for sailors and their families, as well as assisted in the search for effective treatments for emotional, behavioral and psychosomatic disorders in children and adults. Dr. Alexander Golbin's book "Pathological sleep in children" was accepted as a textbook for medical students and paediatricians in the former USSR. Forced to immigrate in 1981 Dr. Golbin again successfully went through the many years of hard marathon –type of way with multiple obstacles, internships, residencies, fellowships and Boards Exams to became licensed Physician and Surgeon Certified in Adult Psychiatry and Neurology, Fully trained child and adolescent psychiatry, Sleep Medicine, Medical Hypnosis and Hypnotherapy, Psychological Behavior Science, Forensic Medicine (psychiatry) and as a Forensic Examiner). Dr. Alexander Golbin is a former Chairman of the Division of the Child Psychiatry and Sleep Disorder Center at the Cook County Hospital in Chicago, Il, Clinical Assistant Professor of the University of Illinois at Chicago, a staff member of the North Shore Hospital System, Il.

707 Lake Cook Rd Ste 118

Deerfield, IL 60015

Learn about Dr. Golbin

Dr. Golbin's Experience

Dr. Golbin's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Sleep Medicine
  • Board certified in Psychiatry and Sleep Medicine

This content was provided by Dr. Golbin "The Sleep and Behavior Medicine Institute (SBMI) uses the most advanced methods in the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of sleep, alertness, mood, and performance in children and adults. The effectiveness of our approach comes from several factors: we not only view each case individually but use our expertise to find the primary cause of the problem and the best way of treating it. Here at SBMI we achieve positive outcomes both in routine cases and the most severe sleep, behavioral and emotional disorders, and learning disabilities."

• Sleep Medicine

• Autism
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Bulimia
  • Confusion
  • Cyclothymia (Chronic Mood Disorder)
  • Developmental and Learning Disorders
  • Dissociative Disorder
  • Dissociative, Conversion, and Factitious Disorders
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Eating Disorders
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Nondependent Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Marijuana Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder (OCPD)
  • Personality Disorders
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Psychogenic Disorders (incl. Psychogenic Pain)
  • Psychosis
  • Somatoform Disorders

• EEG (Electroencephalogram)
  • Family Psychotherapy
  • Group Psychotherapy
  • Hypnosis (Medical Hypnotherapy)
  • Multiple Sleep Latency Test (MSLT)
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychological Testing
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)
  • QEEG (Quantitative Encephalogram)
  • Radiofrequency Ablation
  • Sleep Study

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• St Petersburg Medical and Technical Institute
    Medical School | Graduated 1967
  • Metro Child and Adol Srvs

Dr. Golbin has no media or publications listed.

• Russian

Dr. Golbin does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Golbin and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Golbin's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Golbin to family and friends
Dr. Golbin's Performance
in Volo, IL |
Dr. Golbin is an experienced & professional psychiatrist. Over the years, I’ve found him to be patient & easy to communicate with. He’s given me honest responses & insightful recommendations. I believe that his genuine compassion, along w/his supportive & encouraging demeanor has added to my personal progress. I highly recommend him!
Buffalo Grove, IL |
The doctor never asked for my son's medical history when we visited the clinics. This was a very poor judgement on the doctor's side and could posed biased conclusion on any findings. Also, after the medical procedure EEG, which costs us $600 out of pocket, we never received any diagnostics and findings. After the EEG, he didn't give us any real medical prescription, but only prescribed herbal supplement. The supplement didn't help with the symptoms at all.
Evanston, IL |
He is a tremendous advocate for his patients. He never rushes and takes the time to ensure he finds solutions to problems big and small. He is the most compassionate doctor I have ever seen. He and his staff truly care about their patient's health and well being.
Deerfield, IL |
Dr. Golbin really cares about patients and gets to know each on a personal level. I found that his staff was very friendly and accommodating to my needs. When I first came into this medical office in October my life was in shambles, and thanks to Dr. Golbin's guidance, I have excelled in all major aspects of my life; such as, achieving high honor roll in college, being promoted at my job, and becoming a more sociable person. I highly recommend Dr. Golbin to anyone in need of a good psychiatrist.
Libertyville, IL |
After years of disappointing experience with other adolescent psychiatrists, we found Dr. Golbin. In a short time, he built trust with our teen and his parents, and created a medication/ therapy plan that created amazing positive change regarding sleep and mood. He is warm, caring and personal rather than robotic in his approach to treatment. Our only regret-that we didn't meet him earlier!
Chicago, IL |
Excellent staff and care. I would highly recommend!
in Buffalo Grove, IL |
Excellent demeanor, punctual, well-run office, but most importantly, he really cares.
in Round Lake, IL |
After years of suffering with depression and memory issues treated by my physician I went to Dr. Golbin, he was warm and I found it easy to talk to him about the help I needed. Dr. Golbin, explained test results so I clearly understood how he came to a diagnosis. The medication prescribed is making a huge impact in my ability to sleep through the night without waking, my depression and memory continue to improve. I would not hesitate in recommending Dr. Golbin to anyone.
Spring Grove, IL |
Disappointing experience!
Northbrook, IL |
My experience with Dr. Golbin has been very positive! He always lends a caring, empathetic ear while having your best interest at heart. A doctor who actually cares about his patients and it is clear to see. He is encouraging, supportive, professional, and overall optimistic.
in Buffalo Grove, IL |
Dr. Golbin and his team are good and professional for patients.
in Chicago, IL |
Each of my appointments with Dr. Golbin have allowed for enough time and were constructive, positive appointments. I believe that he is engaged and truly seeks solutions, and is very good at getting to specifics. I have had day and night sleep studies here and the hospitality and professionalism were just great. I also have had therapy &/or hypnosis sessions with Dr. Serge Sorokin, and got alot of insight from these. Together these Drs. cover so much and I like that they integrate their approach
in Mundelein IL |
Staff members are friendly and make my office visit a pleasurable experience. Dr. Golbin is always professional and very empathetic. I highly recommend his practice.
in Skokie, IL |
professional and compassionate and has a great staff
in Downers Grove, IL |
Several years ago, I had four sleepless nights in a month. Someone recommended Dr. Golbin to me. He wasted no time conducting a sleep study on me and was able to find the source of the problem. Through prescribing the right treatment and actively counseling me - as well as checking in on my sleep habits - Dr. Golbin has been a wonderful asset in my life as well as a true professional! You will not find a more caring, kind physician who also knows just as much about sleep medicine.
in Vernon Hills, IL |
Dr. Golbin and team helped me through one of the most difficult times of my life. Their expertise is very strong. The differentiation for me is that they genuinely care about me. When you find that in a doctor you remain loyal. Dr. Golbin calls himself a life coach and he truly is. I would recommend him to anyone in my life..
Have you seen Dr. Alexander Golbin, MD?
Are you Dr. Golbin?