Dr. Alexander Golbin, MD

Dr. Golbin
Telehealth services available

Sleep and Behavior Medicine Institute

707 Lake Cook Rd Deerfield, IL 60015

Dr. Alexander Golbin, MD is a Psychiatry Specialist in Deerfield, IL and has over 54 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Golbin has more experience with Neurodevelopmental Disorders than other specialists in his area. He graduated from St Petersburg Medical And Technical Institute medical school in 1967. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Golbin to book an appointment.

Compare Dr. Alexander Golbin, MD with other Psychiatry Specialists near you

Dr. Golbin's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Golbin

Dr. Golbin?
  • Trusted the provider's decisions (122)
  • Listened & answered questions (121)
  • Staff friendliness (121)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (7)
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions (7)
  • Appointment was rushed (6)
It is not an understatement to say that Dr. Golbin saved my life. From the moment I walked in he treated me like family. He has been honest, kind, and compassionate…not to mention he is one of the top professionals in his field. He is wis with not only experience but up to date with current medical practices. There are not enough words to describe how thankful I am for him and his whole staff. Thank you, Dr. Golbin.
Patrick B. – Apr 29, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Golbin, MD?
There is something to be said for intuition. From the moment I met Dr. Golbin, my gut told me to stop looking, “you found him”! His style is refreshing. He doesn’t look at me as if I was a scientific puzzle to solve. Rather, he recognizes my uniqueness at the human level and builds the partnership needed to both better diagnose my condition and to give more effective feedback to me. He is always very timely with appointments. I’ve never been rushed in any way. He will be the first to tell you that he is not a mixologist at a saloon. Prescribing the most effective solutions is paramount to him, he’s not one to “see what happens”. Dr. Golbin’s tremendously vast background, thoroughness and true care for his patients make it easy for me to highly recommend him.
Ed – Apr 06, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Golbin, MD?
Dr. Golbin I always helpful and responsive to any of my questions. He always makes sure to squeeze me in when I am back from school, and its very appreciated.
Alexandra – Feb 16, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Golbin, MD?
Very poor and unclear communication. He’s primarily interested in making sure you know how smart he thinks he is. Go elsewhere
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Feb 07, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Golbin, MD?
The field of psychiatry seems to be filled with doctors who want to throw darts at a wall to figure out if random sets of medication will work for the patient. Dr. Golbin is not like that in any way and it is a breath of fresh air. He is interested in actually helping you get better and not just seeing if a random assortment of medication will alleviate your problems. He is considerate, thorough, and an expert on how the brain functions. His experience is an asset and I would recommend him to anyone that is trying to manage their mental health demons.
Nov 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Golbin, MD?
From the very first minutes of the visit, Dr. Golbin manages to create an atmosphere of trust, keeping a very helpful balance between strictly medical issues and empathy, understanding his patients on a basic human level. Given his field of expertise, it builds a doctor/patient partnership so needed when dealing with health issues. Certainly, ready to recommend Dr. Golbin, especially to people for whom these qualities of his are of great importance.
Ilya – Nov 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Golbin, MD?
It was very relaxed, Dr. Golbin is very informed on medication and discusses options. He treats me like a person, not an illness or condition.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
Anthony M Scimeca – Nov 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Golbin, MD?
Dr. Golbin is a world class Psychiatrist so I learn something with each appointment. I had a wonderful teleconference and I felt like we were together.
Margaret A Scimeca – Nov 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Golbin, MD?
Dr. Golbin has such a kind heart and so much knowledge. I believe he truly saved my daughter’s life. I definitely recommend the sleep study, etc. The data allowed him to get her on an effective combination of meds so quickly. He is truly a godsend!
Oct 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Golbin, MD?
Dr Golbin is the most compassionate Dr you will find. I’ve had many medical issues in the past 20 years and have had contact with many physicians. Dr Golbin is by far the best dr that I have come across. I feel very fortunate to have him on my team.
Laurie Paddock – Oct 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Golbin, MD?
Speaking as a family member of one of Dr. Golbin's patients who has dealt with issues for the past 20+ years, the whole experience has truly made a difference in our lives since the first appointment with him approx. 2 years ago. We finally understand so much more about what we're dealing with because of Dr. Golbin. I would absolutely recommend him to family and friends.
Jul 30, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Golbin, MD?
If you don't want to go from doctor to doctor looking for answers, then come to see Dr. Golbin. This doctor will assess your whole body and he will evaluate your symptoms, deepest fears and concerns. He will not offer heavy medications, but he will work with you and your family family if necessary. Dr. Golbin helped my husband understand and resolve a lot of issues. We are truly very thankful.
Mila Kogan – Jul 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Golbin, MD?
To Whom it May Concern, Iam writing this to relate my feelings about the help and support that I have that Dr Alexander Golbin has given me over the years.. I have been seeing him regularly about 6yrs for problem i have needed his doing excellent job and Appropriate i would say how important to me in my life.... DAVIDA K friedmann
Davida K friedmann – Jan 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Golbin, MD?
Dr. Golbin helped me tremendously. I was suffering from not sleeping for a month. Dr. Golbin listened to me, came up with the strategy and gave me hope that I will be OK. Visiting his office, speaking to his staff was always a pleasant experience. Thank you doctor for giving me my life back!
A. Molina – Jan 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Golbin, MD?
Dr. Golbin has been an answer to prayer, truly! Our teenager had been having trouble with sleep, and we were out of options for how to help him. Dr. Golbin gave us hope! He is a brilliant doctor with an amazing background of experience, and he knew exactly how to treat our son's sleep issues. In fact, he asked questions about our son's early development and autism to get a clear and thorough picture of the case. We learned so much as Dr. Golbin put the pieces of the puzzle together for us! Dr. Golbin is also very friendly and sympathetic to our child's struggles. We feel very much at ease with Dr. Golbin and always look forward to our next visit!
Apr 30, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Golbin, MD?
Dr Golbin treated my depression/anxiety for many years. He is a kind, attentive, caring and sensitive doctor who will listen and address your needs. I was in a very bad place due to misdiagnosis and taking the wrong meds, and Dr Golbin helped me get onto the medicine that was right for me. He is a sleep medicine specialist but he was excellent giving me some tough love and lots of support treating my very specific issues. I could not recommend him more highly.
Apr 10, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Golbin, MD?
Finally i've found a great sleep doctor! Dr. Golbin is a brilliant, very informed sleep doctor. Actually, everyone at this facility is extremely courteous and very professional. Dr. Golbin does not have the "one size fits all approach". He takes the time to talk to you, suggest possible tests to insure a proper and exact diagnosis which provides each patient with a custom treatment plan. I can't say enough about Dr. Golbin except I wish I found him earlier. This is the first time i'm confident i
Apr 10, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Golbin, MD?
Dr. Golbin is treating for sleep apnea. The length of my sleep at nigh has improved. He is also treating me for falling asleep during the day doing tings such as seeing a movie or play or attending a concert. There has been significant improvement with that problem.
Jan 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Golbin, MD?
I had a work accident I was in pain for yrs and couldn't sleep a friend told me about dr golbin so I made appt.i went to see him and after a few months I was getting better then I finally was able to sleep and had my pain in control I would tell anybody to go to him for help i am glad my friend recommend him
matthew alek in elk grove village – Jan 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Golbin, MD?
Dr. Golbin is one of the most caring doctors I have ever met. He clearly explains concepts even when they are complex or unusual. He is highly responsive to my needs and requests. A doctor I recommend for anyone with conditions within his varied specialties.
Jonathan in Chicago, IL – Jan 05, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Golbin, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Golbin?

The Sleep and Behavior Medicine Institute (SBMI) uses the most advanced methods in the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of sleep, alertness, mood,...Read more

Dr. Alexander Golbin started his journey as a physician after graduating from the prestigious Medical Institute in Leningrad, former USSR and was referred...Read more

• Psychiatry