Dr. Alexander Golbin, MD

PsychiatryMaleAge 78

Psychiatry

Dr. Alexander Golbin, MD is a Psychiatry Specialist in Deerfield, IL and has over 55 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Golbin has extensive experience in Neurodevelopmental Disorders, Psychotic Disorders, and General Mental Health Disorders & Therapy. He graduated from St Petersburg Medical And Technical Institute medical school in 1967. His office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Dr. Alexander Golbin, MD

Sleep and Behavior Medicine Institute

707 Lake Cook Rd Deerfield, IL 60015 ()
Telehealth services available

Telehealth available

Compare with other Psychiatry Specialists

Compare Dr. Golbin with our nearby Psychiatry Specialists at Northwestern Medicine Lake Forest Hospital.

Make an appointment at Northwestern Medicine Lake Forest Hospital today at (847) 260-7919.

These providers are on the medical staff of Northwestern Medicine Lake Forest Hospital.

Dr. Golbin's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Golbin

90.64748201438849%
1.4388489208633093%

Dr. Golbin

Dr. Golbin is an excellent psychiatrist. One who listens, thinks critically and doesn’t just plug little tidbits of information into DSM diagnoses. He has treated me as an equal in the the healthcare relationship and has been very helpful in reversing damage done by other psychiatrists. He has been helpful with sleep apnea and CPAP issues as well.
JohnDoe – Jan 26, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Golbin, MD?
Dr. Golbin is a kind,compassionate Doctor,genuinely concerned about the patients well being. I would highly recommend him. Christoph H.
Christoph H. – Jan 18, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Golbin, MD?
The services that I received from Dr Golbin and the staff are excellent. Wonderful and warm experience from the start. Outstanding quality of care.
Michaelle Braun – Jul 03, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Golbin, MD?
It is not an understatement to say that Dr. Golbin saved my life. From the moment I walked in he treated me like family. He has been honest, kind, and compassionate…not to mention he is one of the top professionals in his field. He is wis with not only experience but up to date with current medical practices. There are not enough words to describe how thankful I am for him and his whole staff. Thank you, Dr. Golbin.
Patrick B. – Apr 29, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Golbin, MD?
There is something to be said for intuition. From the moment I met Dr. Golbin, my gut told me to stop looking, “you found him”! His style is refreshing. He doesn’t look at me as if I was a scientific puzzle to solve. Rather, he recognizes my uniqueness at the human level and builds the partnership needed to both better diagnose my condition and to give more effective feedback to me. He is always very timely with appointments. I’ve never been rushed in any way. He will be the first to tell you that he is not a mixologist at a saloon. Prescribing the most effective solutions is paramount to him, he’s not one to “see what happens”. Dr. Golbin’s tremendously vast background, thoroughness and true care for his patients make it easy for me to highly recommend him.
Ed – Apr 06, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Golbin, MD?
Dr. Golbin I always helpful and responsive to any of my questions. He always makes sure to squeeze me in when I am back from school, and its very appreciated.
Alexandra – Feb 16, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Golbin, MD?
Very poor and unclear communication. He’s primarily interested in making sure you know how smart he thinks he is. Go elsewhere
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Feb 07, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Golbin, MD?
The field of psychiatry seems to be filled with doctors who want to throw darts at a wall to figure out if random sets of medication will work for the patient. Dr. Golbin is not like that in any way and it is a breath of fresh air. He is interested in actually helping you get better and not just seeing if a random assortment of medication will alleviate your problems. He is considerate, thorough, and an expert on how the brain functions. His experience is an asset and I would recommend him to anyone that is trying to manage their mental health demons.
Nov 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Golbin, MD?
From the very first minutes of the visit, Dr. Golbin manages to create an atmosphere of trust, keeping a very helpful balance between strictly medical issues and empathy, understanding his patients on a basic human level. Given his field of expertise, it builds a doctor/patient partnership so needed when dealing with health issues. Certainly, ready to recommend Dr. Golbin, especially to people for whom these qualities of his are of great importance.
Ilya – Nov 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Golbin, MD?
It was very relaxed, Dr. Golbin is very informed on medication and discusses options. He treats me like a person, not an illness or condition.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
Anthony M Scimeca – Nov 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Golbin, MD?
Dr. Golbin is a world class Psychiatrist so I learn something with each appointment. I had a wonderful teleconference and I felt like we were together.
Margaret A Scimeca – Nov 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Golbin, MD?
Dr. Golbin has such a kind heart and so much knowledge. I believe he truly saved my daughter’s life. I definitely recommend the sleep study, etc. The data allowed him to get her on an effective combination of meds so quickly. He is truly a godsend!
Oct 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Golbin, MD?
Dr Golbin is the most compassionate Dr you will find. I’ve had many medical issues in the past 20 years and have had contact with many physicians. Dr Golbin is by far the best dr that I have come across. I feel very fortunate to have him on my team.
Laurie Paddock – Oct 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Golbin, MD?
Speaking as a family member of one of Dr. Golbin's patients who has dealt with issues for the past 20+ years, the whole experience has truly made a difference in our lives since the first appointment with him approx. 2 years ago. We finally understand so much more about what we're dealing with because of Dr. Golbin. I would absolutely recommend him to family and friends.
Jul 30, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Golbin, MD?
If you don't want to go from doctor to doctor looking for answers, then come to see Dr. Golbin. This doctor will assess your whole body and he will evaluate your symptoms, deepest fears and concerns. He will not offer heavy medications, but he will work with you and your family family if necessary. Dr. Golbin helped my husband understand and resolve a lot of issues. We are truly very thankful.
Mila Kogan – Jul 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Golbin, MD?
To Whom it May Concern, Iam writing this to relate my feelings about the help and support that I have that Dr Alexander Golbin has given me over the years.. I have been seeing him regularly about 6yrs for problem i have needed his doing excellent job and Appropriate i would say how important to me in my life.... DAVIDA K friedmann
Davida K friedmann – Jan 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Golbin, MD?
Dr. Golbin helped me tremendously. I was suffering from not sleeping for a month. Dr. Golbin listened to me, came up with the strategy and gave me hope that I will be OK. Visiting his office, speaking to his staff was always a pleasant experience. Thank you doctor for giving me my life back!
A. Molina – Jan 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Golbin, MD?
Dr. Golbin has been an answer to prayer, truly! Our teenager had been having trouble with sleep, and we were out of options for how to help him. Dr. Golbin gave us hope! He is a brilliant doctor with an amazing background of experience, and he knew exactly how to treat our son's sleep issues. In fact, he asked questions about our son's early development and autism to get a clear and thorough picture of the case. We learned so much as Dr. Golbin put the pieces of the puzzle together for us! Dr. Golbin is also very friendly and sympathetic to our child's struggles. We feel very much at ease with Dr. Golbin and always look forward to our next visit!
Apr 30, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Golbin, MD?
Dr Golbin treated my depression/anxiety for many years. He is a kind, attentive, caring and sensitive doctor who will listen and address your needs. I was in a very bad place due to misdiagnosis and taking the wrong meds, and Dr Golbin helped me get onto the medicine that was right for me. He is a sleep medicine specialist but he was excellent giving me some tough love and lots of support treating my very specific issues. I could not recommend him more highly.
Apr 10, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Golbin, MD?
Finally i've found a great sleep doctor! Dr. Golbin is a brilliant, very informed sleep doctor. Actually, everyone at this facility is extremely courteous and very professional. Dr. Golbin does not have the "one size fits all approach". He takes the time to talk to you, suggest possible tests to insure a proper and exact diagnosis which provides each patient with a custom treatment plan. I can't say enough about Dr. Golbin except I wish I found him earlier. This is the first time i'm confident i
Apr 10, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Golbin, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Golbin?

The Sleep and Behavior Medicine Institute (SBMI) uses the most advanced methods in the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of sleep, alertness, mood,...Read more

Dr. Alexander Golbin started his journey as a physician after graduating from the prestigious Medical Institute in Leningrad, former USSR and was referred...Read more

• Psychiatry

Metro Child and Adol Srvs
1967
St Petersburg Medical And Technical Institute

Does Dr. Alexander Golbin, MD offer telehealth services?

Dr. Golbin has indicated that they offer telehealth. Contact the office to check for eligibility for your needs.

Is Dr. Alexander Golbin, MD accepting new patients?

Dr. Alexander Golbin, MD generally accepts new patients on Healthgrades. You can see Dr. Golbin's profile to make an appointment.

Does Dr. Alexander Golbin, MD accept my insurance?

Use the Healthgrades insurance check to verify if Dr. Golbin accepts your insurance.

What are Dr. Alexander Golbin, MD's top areas of care?

Dr. Golbin frequently treats Neurodevelopmental Disorders, Psychotic Disorders, and General Mental Health Disorders & Therapy. See all practice areas where Dr. Golbin specializes.

Where is Dr. Alexander Golbin, MD's office located?

Dr. Golbin's office is located at 707 Lake Cook Rd, Deerfield, IL 60015. Find other locations and directions on Healthgrades.

How can I make an appointment with Dr. Alexander Golbin, MD?

No malpractice claims found for Illinois

Frequently Treated by Dr. Golbin

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Golbin treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Golbin treats other conditions, please contact the office at (847) 984-6585.

Neurodevelopmental Disorders

Compare with other Neurodevelopmental Disorders specialists.

Dr. Golbin is experienced in the area of Neurodevelopmental Disorders. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 5 conditions and procedures

ADHD and-or ADD
Conduct Disorder
Autism
Developmental and Learning Disorders

Psychotic Disorders

Psychotic disorders specialists diagnose and treat conditions that cause severe mental symptoms and disconnection from reality, such as schizophrenia, delusional disorder, and substance-induced psychosis.Compare with other Psychotic Disorders specialists.

Dr. Golbin is experienced in the area of Psychotic Disorders. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 9 conditions and procedures

Psychosis Due to Mental Illness
Schizoaffective Disorder
Schizophreniform and Schizoaffective Disorder
Schizophrenia

General Mental Health Disorders & Therapy

General mental health includes management, treatment and prevention of mental illness through risk factor screenings, counseling, group therapy, and wellness support.Compare with other General Mental Health Disorders & Therapy specialists.

Dr. Golbin is experienced in the area of General Mental Health Disorders & Therapy. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 41 conditions and procedures

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcohol Misuse Screening and Counseling
  • Alcohol or Substance Misuse Screening and Counseling
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Anorexia
  • Autism
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD)
  • Borderline Personality Disorder
  • Bulimia
  • Cocaine Addiction
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Combination Drug Dependence
  • Conduct Disorder
  • Conversion Disorder
  • Cyclothymia (Chronic Mood Disorder)
  • Delusional Disorder
  • Dementia or Depression Screening
  • Depersonalization Disorder
  • Developmental and Learning Disorders
  • Dissociative Disorder
  • Dissociative, Conversion, and Factitious Disorders
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Drug-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Eating Disorders
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Paranoid Personality Disorder
  • Personality Disorders
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychogenic Disorders (incl. Psychogenic Pain)
  • Psychological Evaluation
  • Psychological Evaluations Prior to Bariatric Surgery
  • Psychosis
  • Psychosis Due to Mental Illness
  • Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)
  • Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Schizophrenia
  • Schizophreniform and Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Sedative, Hypnotic, or Anxiolytic Dependence
  • Somatoform Disorders
  • Speech, Language and Learning Disorders
  • Suicidal Ideation

Dr. Golbin accepts

Dr. Golbin accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO