Dr. Alexander Golbin, MD

Dr. Alexander Golbin, MD

Sleep Medicine  ·
Dr. Alexander Golbin, MD is a sleep medicine specialist in Deerfield, IL and has been practicing for 52 years. He graduated from St Petersburg Medical and Technical Institute in 1967 and specializes in sleep medicine and psychiatry.Read his story

707 Lake Cook Rd Ste 118

Deerfield, IL 60015

No malpractice claims found for Illinois

Check if Dr. Golbin treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Golbin's conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Anorexia
  • Autism
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Borderline Personality Disorder
  • Bulimia
  • Combination Drug Dependence
  • Conduct Disorder
  • Confusion
  • Cyclothymia (Chronic Mood Disorder)
  • Delusional Disorder
  • Depersonalization Disorder
  • Developmental and Learning Disorders
  • Dissociative Disorder
  • Dissociative, Conversion, and Factitious Disorders
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Drug-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Eating Disorders
  • EEG (Electroencephalogram)
  • Emotional Disturbances of Childhood and Adolescence
  • Family Psychotherapy
  • Gender Dysphoria
  • Group Psychotherapy
  • Hypnosis (Medical Hypnotherapy)
  • Hypochondriasis
  • Impulse Control Disorders
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Mania
  • Multiple Sleep Latency Test (MSLT)
  • Nondependent Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Marijuana Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder (OCPD)
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Paranoid Personality Disorder
  • Personality Disorders
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychogenic Disorders (incl. Psychogenic Pain)
  • Psychological Testing
  • Psychosis
  • Psychosis Due to Mental Illness
  • Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • QEEG (Quantitative Encephalogram)
  • Radiofrequency Ablation
  • Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Schizophrenia
  • Schizophreniform and Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Sedative, Hypnotic, or Anxiolytic Dependence
  • Sleep Study
  • Somatoform Disorders
  • Speech, Language and Learning Disorders

The Sleep and Behavior Medicine Institute (SBMI) uses the most advanced methods in the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of sleep, alertness, mood, and performance in children and adults. The effectiveness of our approach comes from several factor...

• Sleep Medicine

92.62295081967213%

Dr. Golbin?
Dr. Golbin's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Alexander Golbin, MD
Dr. Golbin has been an answer to prayer, truly! Our teenager had been having trouble with sleep, and we were out of options for how to help him. Dr. Golbin gave us hope! He is a brilliant doctor with an amazing background of experience, and he knew exactly how to treat our son's sleep issues. In fact, he asked questions about our son's early development and autism to get a clear and thorough picture of the case. We learned so much as Dr. Golbin put the pieces of the puzzle together for us! Dr. Golbin is also very friendly and sympathetic to our child's struggles. We feel very much at ease with Dr. Golbin and always look forward to our next visit!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Golbin, MD?
Dr Golbin treated my depression/anxiety for many years. He is a kind, attentive, caring and sensitive doctor who will listen and address your needs. I was in a very bad place due to misdiagnosis and taking the wrong meds, and Dr Golbin helped me get onto the medicine that was right for me. He is a sleep medicine specialist but he was excellent giving me some tough love and lots of support treating my very specific issues. I could not recommend him more highly.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Golbin, MD?
Finally i've found a great sleep doctor! Dr. Golbin is a brilliant, very informed sleep doctor. Actually, everyone at this facility is extremely courteous and very professional. Dr. Golbin does not have the "one size fits all approach". He takes the time to talk to you, suggest possible tests to insure a proper and exact diagnosis which provides each patient with a custom treatment plan. I can't say enough about Dr. Golbin except I wish I found him earlier. This is the first time i'm confident i
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Golbin, MD?
Dr. Golbin is treating for sleep apnea. The length of my sleep at nigh has improved. He is also treating me for falling asleep during the day doing tings such as seeing a movie or play or attending a concert. There has been significant improvement with that problem.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Golbin, MD?
I had a work accident I was in pain for yrs and couldn't sleep a friend told me about dr golbin so I made appt.i went to see him and after a few months I was getting better then I finally was able to sleep and had my pain in control I would tell anybody to go to him for help i am glad my friend recommend him
excellent
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Golbin, MD?
Dr. Golbin is one of the most caring doctors I have ever met. He clearly explains concepts even when they are complex or unusual. He is highly responsive to my needs and requests. A doctor I recommend for anyone with conditions within his varied specialties.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Golbin, MD?
Dr Golbin has been the best psychiatrist that I have ever had. I went through so many different doctors before seeing Dr Golbin. He always has the patient’s best interest in mind. I have been nothing but EXTREMELY satisfied with his treatment for my issues. I have vastly improved since being under the care of Dr Golbin. There are not many doctors like him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Golbin, MD?
Dr. Golbin has been treating my sleep apnea for over 8 months. His thorough analysis of test results and his ability to translate them into understandable terms and recommend solutions that actually work is remarkable. My health has improved markedly due to following his advice and treatment. I cannot recommend him highly enough.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Golbin, MD?
This is the best psychiatrist I have had for 15 years. I am under his care for over a year. I am happy I found him. He is first who, I can feel, really cares of my well being. His reliability is excellent.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Golbin, MD?
I have been seeing Dr. Golbin for about 6 months for severe sleep apnea. He has helped me tremendously. Really knows his stuff and his staff is great.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Golbin, MD?
For over 6 years I have been privileged to be treated by this amazing doctor, Alexander Golbin!! That is after many interactions and it simply IS TRUE that I am always "heard" & know that Dr. Golbin is committed to my optimum well-being. He can be trusted on that. Don't deprive yourself of his outstanding care! Kathleen S
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Golbin, MD?
Dr. Golbin is a caring doctor, who makes you feel at ease while he helps you understand what is going on and works with you on finding the best treatment.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Golbin, MD?
Sometimes the road to getting well is long and full of potholes, but it is much easier to reach the goal when you have a person you can trust indirectly holding your hand all the way to recovery. I would recommend Dr. Alexander Golbin to everyone who wants to get better, not just better, get well!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Golbin, MD?
I have been seeing Dr. Golbin for over 6 years for a pretty severe sleep disorder due to a brain injury. Dr. Golbin is a caring, compassionate Dr. who takes the time to listen and discuss options for treatment. Through therapy and medication he has made my life, and sleep much more manageable. . I wish I had met him sooner. I would highly recommend this caring man who is patient, kind and knows his profession well.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Golbin, MD?
Doctor Golbin is easily the best doctor I have ever worked with. He cares about every individual patient and doesn’t try to solve your problems with a new prescription, he listens and works with you. He knows what he’s talking about and takes the time to explain things so they’re easily understood. I am grateful for everything he has done for me, he truly changed my life.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Golbin, MD?
Dr. Golbin is an experienced & professional psychiatrist. Over the years, I’ve found him to be patient & easy to communicate with. He’s given me honest responses & insightful recommendations. I believe that his genuine compassion, along w/his supportive & encouraging demeanor has added to my personal progress. I highly recommend him!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Golbin, MD?
The doctor never asked for my son's medical history when we visited the clinics. This was a very poor judgement on the doctor's side and could posed biased conclusion on any findings. Also, after the medical procedure EEG, which costs us $600 out of pocket, we never received any diagnostics and findings. After the EEG, he didn't give us any real medical prescription, but only prescribed herbal supplement. The supplement didn't help with the symptoms at all.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Golbin, MD?
He is a tremendous advocate for his patients. He never rushes and takes the time to ensure he finds solutions to problems big and small. He is the most compassionate doctor I have ever seen. He and his staff truly care about their patient's health and well being.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Golbin, MD?
Dr. Golbin really cares about patients and gets to know each on a personal level. I found that his staff was very friendly and accommodating to my needs. When I first came into this medical office in October my life was in shambles, and thanks to Dr. Golbin's guidance, I have excelled in all major aspects of my life; such as, achieving high honor roll in college, being promoted at my job, and becoming a more sociable person. I highly recommend Dr. Golbin to anyone in need of a good psychiatrist.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Golbin?

Sleep and Behavior Medicine Institute