Dr. Alexander Golbin, MD

Sleep Medicine | Male

707 Lake Cook Rd Ste 118 Deerfield, IL 60015 Get Directions
Dr. Alexander Golbin, MD

Dr. Alexander Golbin, MD is a sleep medicine doctor who practices in Deerfield, IL. He is 74 years old and has been practicing for 50 years. Dr. Golbin is affiliated with Skokie Hospital.

Dr. Golbin's Care Philosophy

The Sleep and Behavior Medicine Institute (SBMI) uses the most advanced methods in the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of sleep, alertness, mood, and performance in children and adults. The effectiveness of our approach comes from several factors: we not only view each case individually but use our expertise to find the primary cause of the problem and the best way of treating it. Here at SBMI we achieve positive outcomes both in routine cases and the most severe sleep, behavioral and emotional disorders, and learning disabilities.

Dr. Golbin's Experience

See how Dr. Golbin's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Golbin

Dr. Golbin accepts 5 insurance carriers

Dr. Golbin is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Golbin has admitting privileges.

Dr. Golbin's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Golbin to family and friends
Dr. Golbin's Performance
Libertyville, IL |
After years of disappointing experience with other adolescent psychiatrists, we found Dr. Golbin. In a short time, he built trust with our teen and his parents, and created a medication/ therapy plan that created amazing positive change regarding sleep and mood. He is warm, caring and personal rather than robotic in his approach to treatment. Our only regret-that we didn't meet him earlier!
Chicago, IL |
Excellent staff and care. I would highly recommend!
in Buffalo Grove, IL |
Excellent demeanor, punctual, well-run office, but most importantly, he really cares.
in Round Lake, IL |
After years of suffering with depression and memory issues treated by my physician I went to Dr. Golbin, he was warm and I found it easy to talk to him about the help I needed. Dr. Golbin, explained test results so I clearly understood how he came to a diagnosis. The medication prescribed is making a huge impact in my ability to sleep through the night without waking, my depression and memory continue to improve. I would not hesitate in recommending Dr. Golbin to anyone.
Spring Grove, IL |
Disappointing experience!
Northbrook, IL |
My experience with Dr. Golbin has been very positive! He always lends a caring, empathetic ear while having your best interest at heart. A doctor who actually cares about his patients and it is clear to see. He is encouraging, supportive, professional, and overall optimistic.
in Buffalo Grove, IL |
Dr. Golbin and his team are good and professional for patients.
in Chicago, IL |
Each of my appointments with Dr. Golbin have allowed for enough time and were constructive, positive appointments. I believe that he is engaged and truly seeks solutions, and is very good at getting to specifics. I have had day and night sleep studies here and the hospitality and professionalism were just great. I also have had therapy &/or hypnosis sessions with Dr. Serge Sorokin, and got alot of insight from these. Together these Drs. cover so much and I like that they integrate their approach
in Mundelein IL |
Staff members are friendly and make my office visit a pleasurable experience. Dr. Golbin is always professional and very empathetic. I highly recommend his practice.
in Skokie, IL |
professional and compassionate and has a great staff
in Downers Grove, IL |
Several years ago, I had four sleepless nights in a month. Someone recommended Dr. Golbin to me. He wasted no time conducting a sleep study on me and was able to find the source of the problem. Through prescribing the right treatment and actively counseling me - as well as checking in on my sleep habits - Dr. Golbin has been a wonderful asset in my life as well as a true professional! You will not find a more caring, kind physician who also knows just as much about sleep medicine.
Evanston, IL |
Dr. Golbin is a caring an insightful doctor who takes the time to listen to me and any issues I am having. I never feel rushed and find that he is available when I need to get a hold of him. I like that he continues to work with me until we find a solution to the sleep problems I am having. Very thorough and his office staff is great as well, they know me by name and always greet me with a smile.
in Vernon Hills, IL |
Dr. Golbin and team helped me through one of the most difficult times of my life. Their expertise is very strong. The differentiation for me is that they genuinely care about me. When you find that in a doctor you remain loyal. Dr. Golbin calls himself a life coach and he truly is. I would recommend him to anyone in my life..
Have you seen Dr. Alexander Golbin, MD?
Are you Dr. Golbin?

Compare Dr. Golbin

Dr. Golbin's Care Philosophy

Dr. Golbin's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Sleep Medicine
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Autism
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Bulimia
  • Confusion
  • Cyclothymia (Chronic Mood Disorder)
  • Developmental and Learning Disorders
  • Dissociative Disorder
  • Dissociative, Conversion, and Factitious Disorders
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Eating Disorders
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Nondependent Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Marijuana Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder (OCPD)
  • Personality Disorders
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Psychogenic Disorders (incl. Psychogenic Pain)
  • Psychosis

St Petersburg Medical And Technical Institute

Graduated in 1967

Metro Child and Adol Srvs

• Russian

Dr. Golbin does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Golbin and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Sleep Medicine
  • Psychiatry

• EEG (Electroencephalogram)
  • Family Psychotherapy
  • Group Psychotherapy
  • Hypnosis (Medical Hypnotherapy)
  • Multiple Sleep Latency Test (MSLT)
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychological Testing
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)
  • QEEG (Quantitative Encephalogram)
  • Radiofrequency Ablation