Dr. Alexander Golant, MD

Dr. Alexander Golant, MD

Orthopedic Sports MedicineMaleAge 43

Dr. Alexander Golant, MD is a Orthopedic Sports Medicine Surgery Specialist in Fresh Meadows, NY. He is affiliated with NewYork-Presbyterian Queens. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Golant to book an appointment.

NewYork-Presbyterian Medical Group Queens - Fresh Meadows

NewYork-Presbyterian Medical Group Queens - Fresh Meadows Multispecialty163-03 Horace Harding Expressway Fresh Meadows, NY 11365

NewYork-Presbyterian Medical Group Queens - Jackson Heights

NewYork-Presbyterian Medical Group Queens - Jackson Heights Multispecialty72-06 Northern Boulevard Jackson Heights, NY 11372

NewYork-Presbyterian Queens Hospital56-45 Main St Flushing, NY 11355

Hospital Highlight

Dr. Golant is affiliated with NewYork-Presbyterian Queens Flushing, a highly rated and top awarded hospital for orthopedic surgery.

• Practices at Top Hospital Orthopedic Surgery Excellence Award™ See hospitals

More Orthopedic Surgery Specialists at NewYork-Presbyterian Medical Group Queens - Fresh Meadows

Dr. Golant's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Golant

4.3

Dr. Golant

Dr. Golant performed two surgeries on my right arm over the course of two days. He is confident, professional, polite, well spoken and a master of his craft. I have had many visits since having surgery, and Dr. Golant and his staff have treated me and my family extremely well. I am extremely impressed with his bed side manor. Dr. Golant spent a great deal of time listening to my concerns, and explaining my injury’s and recovery to me. I’m 6 months into recovery and have regained full use of my arm. I have recommended him to several friends and family members, and would highly recommend Dr. Golant as an orthopedic surgeon to anyone in need.
Andy Mack – Dec 07, 2021
Dear Andy, thanks for leaving us such a wonderful...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Golant, MD?
I was so beyond impressed with the entire staff from Dr. Golant to the front desk. Everyone was amazing. I would highly recommend Dr. Golant to anyone!!
Conell Hatton – Jul 01, 2021
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Golant, MD?
As unfortunate as I was to fall and break my hip, I was so fortunate to meet Dr. Golant in NYP hospital. He is a very knowledgeable doctor. He has amazing approach with patients. He is very caring and compassionate. Talking to him gives me confidence and assurance to a fast recovery. I would recommend him without any doubts to anyone who needs an orthopaedic surgeon.
Vickie Trub – Jun 30, 2021
We are so grateful for your kind words. Thank you...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Golant, MD?
I recommend Dr. Golant to all my friends and family who need an Orthopedic Surgeon. My husband has been his patient for years and he was the first doctor who understood my husband’s injury, as well as his competitive nature for sports, gradually getting him back to sports. During appointments Dr. Golant takes the time to explain and give options as well as answer all questions and address all concerns. Dr. Golant is knowledgeable, empathetic, and skilled.
Shines – Jun 04, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Golant, MD?
As an athlete, in my 40’s, with a long history it was comforting to find Dr. Golant. While all other doctors told me to stop competing, Dr. Golant and his staff came up with solutions to keep me going and excelling. Unbelievable bed side manner, excellent communication, as well as the ability to relate, assured me I was in the right hands. I enjoy tossing my ideas his way and having him steer me in the right direction. While I am sure he is very busy, I always feel like I am his only patient. I am competing again knowing that I am in good hands.
Jason Almeida – May 22, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Golant, MD?
We saw Golant based off of the wonderful reviews a total of 2 times- both times the wait was horrendous ( nearly 2 hours). Both times the appt. felt very rushed. Both times it seemed as though the doctor was seeing 2 patients at once in between his oddly position room divided by a curtain for two patients. I also agree with the reviewer that mentioned that the doctor takes phone calls and looks at his phone often, this is very true and does not help with the aspect of feeling rushed or disregard to say the least. What bothers me the most was that the family member I came here with is elderly and Dr. Golant was a extremely quick in scheduling A Rotary cup shoulder replacement (a serious surgery). - his eagerness to schedule the surgery was very concerning. We ended up going for a second opinion and that doctor told us he would NEVER suggest something like that for a person of his age due to difficulty in recovery - wouldn't recommend Dr. Golant, Clearly he's out to make a quick buck.
  • Long wait times
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Apr 22, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Golant, MD?
I would never recommend this guy, and I'm not sure how this he has gotten so many good reviews so I decided to share my experiences with Dr. Golant: Terrible bed side manner - he literally took a phone call regarding a storage facility during my first visit. Also, he would often check his phone during the few times he actually met with me during subsequent visits. Regarding my follow-up visits; I saw his physician assistants far more times than I did he, the actual doctor/surgeon (of which there were 3 different PA's during the several months I was in his charge). Finally, during my last visit he asked me specifically what percentage of "loss" I felt I was still experiencing following his surgery; a wildly inappropriate question for a "specialist" to ask his patient. I really wish I chose another doctor. Honestly, I have zero confidence in his work on my shoulder.
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Nov 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Golant, MD?
the best doctor ever i had a broken arm and he did a perfect job on me i really recommend Dr Golant he's the best one in new york
Henry Vargas – Oct 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Golant, MD?
To Dr. Alexander Golant and staff. Dr. Golant is an angel, my angel. He operated me from Jan 13 2020 and Sept 2019. He is humugusly blessed by God. If it was because of me I would give him not a 5 stars, but 10! Everything of him is excellent! My knee surgery and shoulder did not have scars and both surgeries came out perfect. Dr. Golant is a true miracle. His staff are all absolutely wonderful and so very helpful. My deepest thanks goes also to his assistant whom was as wonderful and blessed as Dr. Alexander Golant. Also thanks to Prebysterian Hospital for all their wonderful help and such wonderful hearts. My appreciation will always be present. Thank you from the depth of my heart to you all.
Mariluz Valle – Apr 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Golant, MD?
Dr. Golant is an excellent doctor and I am more than satisfied with his work and bedside manner.
janina miduch – Feb 20, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Golant, MD?
He's amazing! With my grandparents getting older the past couple of years I've been to quite a few doctors and most were condescending, dismissive, and had such big heads I was surprised they got through the door. Doctor Alexander Golant is an exceptional doctor who is capable, caring, a fantastic listener, and phenomenal at explaining your options without pressuring you one way or another. His team and facilities are top notch and I have nothing bad to say about any part of my process! 10 out of 10, would recommend!
Sean Cooper – Jan 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Golant, MD?
I cannot thank Dr.Golant and his team enough. Prior to my surgery (KNEE ARTHROSCOPIC SURGERY) I had an overabundance of pain 24/7. Two weeks after the surgery I was able to sleep and walk without limping. Dr. Golant gave me my life back and I am forever grateful. Dr. Golant was confident that I would do well. He was 100% correct. I knew I was in good hands. Dr. Golant thank you. The entire team provided the highest level care.
Lavada Williama in Corona – Apr 08, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Golant, MD?
Dr. Golant is an excellent doctor and surgery doctor. He helped me and fixed me like there was never a problem. I recommend Dr. Golant to everyone and anyone who needs a great orthopedic surgery doctor.
abdul satar in s.ozone park, new york – Mar 20, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Golant, MD?
Dr. Golant had helped me through an incredibly difficult surgery for my bucket -handle tear on my right knee. MRI scans told him that the chances of saving my meniscus may be quite low, however he strongly stated to me that since I am young, he will try his utmost to save the meniscus in order to help me live a pain-free life in the later years to come. I strongly recommend Dr. Golant, who greatly helped me set realistic expectations and decide on a plan of action to take pre and post-operation.
Ivan in New York – Mar 08, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Golant, MD?
A wonderful experience. Staff is very professional
Feb 16, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Golant, MD?
I am one of Dr. Golant's current patient. I had a terrible tear on my right shoulder which led to rotator cuff surgery. I was very nervous and scared, but Dr. Golant had the ability to make me feel at ease. He was very realistic when it came to expectations and what I needed to do in order to make the process smooth and effective. My surgery was in November and it went very well. I have regain almost all of my motion in my shoulder. I am pain-free and feeling like my normal self again!
Martha – Feb 14, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Golant, MD?
Dr. Golant was very knowledgeable and most importantly willing to take the time to hear out my concerns and explain to me what was going on and the treatment plan.
Feb 09, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Golant, MD?
I suffered a serious injury to my left shoulder requiring surgery while training in the police academy. The only option I had to keep my job was to have surgery to repair the tears I had in my shoulder. Dr. Golant was referred to me as a great orthopedic surgeon and far surpassed the recommendation I received about him. My shoulder, after rehab, is stronger than before my injury and I was able to complete my training and become a Police Officer. Dr. Golant saved my career. Thanks Dr. Golant!!!
Vinnie C in Flushing, NY – Oct 18, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexander Golant, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Golant?

No malpractice claims found for New York

Check Dr. Golant's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Golant's Top Procedures and Conditions

Joint Pain

Dr. Golant treats Joint Pain more than 98% of his peers

Dr. Golant treats this condition more than 98% of his peers

Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome or Knee Pain

Dr. Golant treats Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome or Knee Pain more than 97% of his peers

Dr. Golant treats this condition more than 97% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Knee Pain

• Elbow Fracture and-or Dislocation Treatment, Closed
  • Elbow Fracture and-or Dislocation Treatment, Open
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Elbow Tenotomy
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Replacement
  • Knee Sprain
  • Knee Surgery
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Limb Cramp
  • Osteochondritis Dissecans
  • Osteosarcoma
  • Partial Shoulder Replacement
  • Pathological Spine Fracture
  • Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)
  • Reverse Total Shoulder and Total Shoulder Replacement
  • Unicompartmental Hip Surgery
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate
  • Wrist Fracture

Dr. Golant accepts

Dr. Golant accepts the following insurance:

Aetna EPO
National (BlueCard Basic) PPO
National (BlueCard) PPO
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP) HMO
United Healthcare HMO
United Healthcare POS
United Healthcare PPO
VNS Choice

We are committed to delivering the best care and an exceptional patient experience. We are devoted to providing services that are patient-centered and...Read more

Dr. Alexander Golant is a board certified Orthopedic Surgeon practicing at NewYork-Presbyterian Medical Group Queens Orthopedics and Sports Medicine located...Read more

• Orthopedic Sports Medicine