Dr. Alexander Glogau, MD

Dr. Alexander Glogau, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

Dr. Alexander Glogau, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Plano, TX. He is 63 years old and has been practicing for 33 years. Dr. Glogau is affiliated with Baylor Medical Center at Frisco, Medical City Plano and Baylor Scott & White - Plano.

Dr. Glogau's Experience

See how Dr. Glogau's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Glogau

Dr. Glogau accepts 13 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Glogau has admitting privileges.

Dr. Glogau's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Glogau to family and friends
3.6
Dr. Glogau's Performance
Mckinney, TX |
Huffed and puffed like a spoiled child when we had questions. Rolled his eyes and made us feel like we were a total waste of his time. Would love to say he was a good surgeon but a second surgery was necessary. Later, we were approached in a grocery store by another of his former patients, she stated she too had to have a second surgery, then we heard of a recent third patient of his needing a second surgery. Does anyone monitor this man? He's rude to patients and staff. RUN from him!
in Plano, TX |
I would NOT recommend. I had knee surgery last summer. The surgeon and staff at the out patient client failed to implement blood clot procedure before/after my surgery, thus 3 days after surgery I had multiple blood clots in my leg. It was pretty serious (well atleast my PCP doctor thought so). Dr. Glogau seemed put out that I was admitted to the hospital for 3 days and he had to come and check on me over 4th of July weekend. A year out and knee is same as it was before surgery. :(
in Dallas, TX |
I WAS VERY IMPRESSED WITH CAT, SHE WAS THE FRONT OFFICE EMPLOYEE WHO CHECKED ME IN AND ASWERED ALL MY QUESTIONS. VERY FRIENDLY. ALSO MY MEDICAL TEAM OF VIC/JESS WERE ESPECIALLLY INFORMATED AS WELL. X-RAYS WITH COURTNEY WAS A BREEZE. AND I WOULD RECOMMMEND DR. GLOGAU TO ANY ONE WHO ASKS. EXCEPTIONAL DOCTOR.
in Frisco, TX |
Dr Glogau has diagnosed my knee problem in a very professional manner and discussed options available to me. Together we decided upon an option and Dr Glagou performed the surgery in a very timely manner. I would recommend Dr. Glogau to anyone with an orthopedic problem. I would also like to commend his staff of Victoria and Jessica, they are always extremely friendly and cooperative. If I have any questions, I can call them at any time and my questions will be answered.
in Plano, TX |
I was in a motorcycle accident a few weeks ago and was referred to Ortho Texas. I couldn't move my right arm at all and no one could tell me why, I saw Dr.Glagau and he sat with me looking at my x rays, MRI'S and cat scan's making sure I understood exactly what he was seeing. Nerve damage! Finally an answer! He made me feel like I was his only patient. Explained to me my diagnosis and set me up with OT right away so I can have a chance of recovery. Amazing Dr. And staff, Highly recommend.
Plano, TX |
I have never in my life been more horrified by a doctor's office visit. He treats both his patients and his staff with absolute disrespect. He was in a rush, unnecessarily defensive, we had to force him to look at a swollen elbow, he yelled at his nurse in front of us for no reason that we could ascertain. I don't care if he is a very capable doctor, he is a very incapable person. There are plenty of other orthopedic surgeons who could treat this injury. Don't give him your money.
in Plano |
I would highly recommend Dr. Glogau. He has great experience in orthopedics and is compassionate with great bedside manner. He places his patient's welfare and safety first. I have seen Dr. Glogau for 11 years. He even has called me from the waiting room and escorted me to the room to be seen and evaluated for preop clearance. Hopefully, I won;t need anymore replacement surgery, but if I do, Dr. Glogau will be my surgeon.
in Frisco, TX |
Glogau was wonderful with my son. Conservative treatment for an ACL stretch. I'm sure my son would have had a surgical decision with other "team doctors". We even had to go back for a shoulder injury. I'm in the healthcare field and he is ranked very well for quality evidenced based medicine and efficiency.
in Frisco, TX |
Had a horrible experience with Dr. Glogau. He was openly mocking my beliefs (i.e. therapy vs prescription meds), was happy that he prescribed the most medicine out of fellow doctors and it was just a downright shockingly bad experience.
in Plano, TX |
It's a shame when Doctors get so numb to the patients needs and body trauma experiences. Today I felt treated as unimportant as a dog at a puppy meal. The Doctor I guess depended on his PA to have all the patient interaction wrapped up before he came in to knod and collect his money. (Figure of speech) I guess when you look at knees day in a day out what's another knee. I disliked the impersonal treatment and still left with questions. Of course he was walking away while I was still asking them.
in Richardson TX |
Great patient experience, good doctor, and the facility was clean. The staff was friendly and helpful.
in Plano, TX |
Dr. Glogau has been our orthopedics for 18 years. He has taken care of badly broken ankles requiring surgery with plates and pins. He also repaired a compound fractured elbow, a total knee replacement as well as other less serious injuries. In my opinion he is the best orthopedics doctor in the Dallas area.
in Plano, TX |
Due to a delayed flight, I had to see the Physician's Assistant, Mike Sheehan. He was extremely professional, knowledgeable and friendly. HIGHLY recommend him!
Have you seen Dr. Alexander Glogau, MD?
Are you Dr. Glogau?

Compare Dr. Glogau

Dr. Glogau's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopaedic Sports Medicine, Orthopedic Surgery and Sports Medicine

Dr. Glogau has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Glogau's Board Certifications

• Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lupus
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist

Maimonides Medical Center

Completed in 1988

Associated Orthopedics and Sports Medicine

Completed in 1990

Dr. Glogau does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Glogau and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Sports Medicine