Dr. Alexander Feldman, MD

Dr. Alexander Feldman, MD

NeurologyMaleAge 63

Dr. Alexander Feldman, MD is a Neurology Specialist in Denver, CO. Dr. Feldman has more experience with Headache and Epilepsy than other specialists in his area. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Presbyterian/St. Luke's Medical Center and Rose Medical Center. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Feldman to book an appointment.

Advanced Neurological Evaluation and Treatment Center

Advanced Neurological Evaluation and Treatment Center1601 E 19th Ave Ste 4400 Denver, CO 80218

Hospital Highlight

Dr. Feldman is affiliated with Presbyterian/St. Luke's Medical Center Denver, a highly rated hospital.

• Practices at Top Hospital Stroke Care Excellence Award™ See hospitals

Dr. Feldman's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Feldman

3.5

Aug 31, 2021
Have been under Dr. Feldman's care for sinus thrombosis and papilledema. He successfully treated double vision and made appropriate referrals for further testing of my eyes. He is professional and knowledgeable. Would recommend both doctor and staff to anyone.
Jun 08, 2021
Great staff and team, always friendly and willing to help. Dr. Feldman goes above and beyond to make sure my symptoms are controlled, and always takes time to listen to my questions and helps find solutions that work best for me. I wouldn't go anywhere else, highly recommended!
Marina Breycher – May 18, 2021
I was impressed about doctor Feldman’s neurology visit . First of all he had spend a lot time to collect very detailed history of my not only neurological but general health problems . After providing exam he had explained me in the layman’s terms about his plan of treatment. He prescribed me few medications and after one week I felt completely cured from severe back pain . His staff was cheerful and very professional . I did not have to wait for the doctor at all . Both Dr Feldman and his staff deserve more then 5 stars review !
Apr 22, 2021
Dont waste your time you won't even get in! He chooses poor staff to schedule appointments. I had an appointment that I confirmed the week prior. On the day of I got a call to confirm it again and the lady gave me earlier appointment options. I called back immediately to leave a message saying I can’t make an earlier appointment but I would still be coming to my appointment. I needed treatment for chronic migraines I depended on this appointment only to show up to my appointment to find the office locked and no one picking up! No one even bothered to call me and tell me they were canceling for me!! Completely unbelievable!! I’ve never had such disrespect especially when I severely needed the treatment and had been looking forward to getting some relief again. I called the next day only to be met with the same rude staff member who did not call to cancel my appointment and would not accommodate making me a new appointment- this didn't happen before but they got new staff that sucks
Alli – Mar 16, 2021
Do Not See This Doctor. I saw Dr. Feldman for what I thought was carpal tunnel. After just one visit he diagnosed me with a progressive muscular dystrophy and told me "I made his day". He ended up being wrong - after a lot of testing (EMG, lab work, genetic testing). This of course was very stressful and his bedside manner was terrible throughout the process (never explained my results throughly, never did a full neuro exam) In addition the office is complete mess: - I was seen 50 minutes late for my first appointment - He messed up my lab and genetic orders (had to go back for additional blood draw) - Had to call to confirm everything and follow up to see if they had results back before coming in for my visit, sometimes they didn't - During the EMG they left me in a room with the patient schedule on the screen in front of me (HIPAA violation) - Never followed up when I asked to have my records sent to another doctor
Carolyn – Mar 08, 2021
He did not review our prior info, was rude and short with our questions, did not answer fully our questions
Maureen Savage – Nov 12, 2020
Very bad experience!
BadMedicine – Sep 14, 2020
My mother was referred to Dr. Feldman after a diagnosis of PHN, and because her pain was increasingly getting worse and changing in its location and presentation. He did a basic eval, and simply increased her PHN medication and ordered PT, even though he acknowledged her pain and the presentation wasn’t typical. And he refused to order an MRI. She swiftly deteriorated and lost her ability to walk, and we called multiple times for help. We finally got him on the phone and he stated her pain and symptoms were not in line with PHN, and that he believed she was making it all up to get attention. We took her to the ER and they immediately ordered imaging and found a large tumor pressing on her spinal cord, causing all of the pain. She was admitted to the ICU for 5 days and the hospital for 6, and finally properly diagnosed with lymphoma and in severe kidney failure. We could have avoided her suffering and began treatment as outpatient, avoiding extensive intervention and hospitalizatio
Claudia N – May 01, 2020
Dr. Feldman always takes time to talk and listen to what is going on with me during my visits. I appreciate that he understands what happens when I experience a migraine headache. He knows from his own experiences as a migraine headache sufferer. He has great bedside manner.
Jan 03, 2020
Dr. Feldman helped me with my migraines to where I went from having 3-5 a week to maybe 2 per months. I have seen three different neurologists in the past and have not been able to get the right help. Dr. Feldman found the right treatment plan by asking lots of questions and listening to my needs.
Ivanna in CO – Apr 30, 2019
Let me start by saying that if you're looking for bedside manner with a specialist you're wasting your time. But that's not why we go to them is it? No we go because they are specialists. For me I needed a specialist in Neuropathy. Other specialists I've been to only left me with more questions, but Dr. Feldman diagnosed me within minutes of meeting me. It was nice to finally have an answer. He also never forgets to ask me about my migraines which I frequently forget is another specialty of his.
Shelly – Jun 19, 2018
Thank you for all you have done for me. My migraines have gone from 3-5 a week to a few a month. Dr Feldman has helped me control the pain I have with my migraines and TOS. I would recommend him for your pain control. One thing you need to keep in mind is be patience, it doesn’t happen overnight the first 2 sessions eased the pain but 3 and 4 have been almost pain free and I haven’t been like that in 3yrs. Thanks again Dr. Feldman
J Phillips in KS – Jun 13, 2018
If it were not for Dr Feldman and his caring for the patients there is no way i would be back to being able to live life. I was badly injured with a head trauma and neck. With his and his staffs knowledge and caring over a three year period i have been given the tools via cognitive therapy and care to be able to go back to work part time and do 80% of the things that i was able to do before the injury. I would recommend Dr Feldman to anyone at all times and I have!!!!
Greg McNall in Denver Co – Jan 09, 2018
Dr. Feldman is very knowledgeable and helpful. I have seen him for several years for chronic migraines I would recommend him to anyone
CB in Buzzards Bay, MA – Nov 14, 2017
I was sorry I didn't get up and leave during the examination. He was unbelievably arrogant and insensitive. He delivered a devastating diagnosis with absolutely no empathy and was obviously annoyed that I was upset. I would never go back to see him even if it meant going out of state for treatment.
Denver, CO – Oct 15, 2017
I was referred to him in 2013 by another doctor who felt that I may have postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome. Dr. Feldman helped me understand and control it to the point that I only take medicines as needed. He also diagnosed thoracic outlet syndrome and found the best surgeon for me. I can move my arm and have no numbness, tingling, or coldness. Now, he is helping me with occipital headaches by controlling them with injections. He is very helpful, patient and understanding. Great doctor!
Kerryn F. in Westminster, CO – Dec 30, 2016
I originally saw Dr. Feldman for my chronic migraine disorder when I switched health insurances. He listened to me and prescribed Botox immediately due to my history and symptoms and made sure I was seen immediately. About one month after my first appointment, I was in a car accident and did not receive adequate treatment from the hospital I was taken to. I went to Dr. Feldman and he has properly diagnosed me as well as recommended multiple therapies to help with my current condition.
Mia in Denver, CO – Dec 12, 2016
I have had chronic cluster headaches for almost a decade now, lasting almost a year when in affect, and sometimes 3 times day.. Very debilitating to say the least.. Dr. Feldman worked very hard to find a preventative solution for me.. His passion to fix the problem is very evident, and is not a pill pusher.. After many attempts at different solutions, the Botox, every 3 months has done the trick.. I have been in remission for almost 2 years now, headache free.
Tim W in Arvada, CO – Dec 09, 2016
Worst dr ever. I have an mtbi with hypersensitivity. The doc did electric shock to my cervical spine, which has had 3 procedures for pain and nausea. He lied abt the procedure, now my nausea is back, my muscles are twitching, which they didn't do before. No period.. He is also holding my results hostage, I never want to see him again n get extreme anxiety attack when it comes up. I would never recommend him if you have an injury, find someone else, this guy will only hurt you.
Golden, CO – Oct 29, 2016

How was your experience with Dr. Feldman?

No malpractice claims found for Colorado

Frequently Treated by Dr. Feldman

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Feldman treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Feldman treats other conditions, please contact the office at (303) 863-0501.

Headache

Headache is a common symptom that can sometimes signal a more serious condition, such as migraine, high blood pressure, or cerebral hemorrhage.Compare with other Headache specialists.

Dr. Feldman is experienced in the area of Headache. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 6 conditions and procedures

Treatments
Similar Providers
All Headaches (incl. Migraine)
Migraine
Tension Headache
Headache
Normal
High
Very High

Epilepsy

Epilepsy specialists diagnose and treat spectrum of brain disorders that cause seizures due to an interruption of normal nerve activity in the brain.Compare with other Epilepsy specialists.

Dr. Feldman is experienced in the area of Epilepsy. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 3 conditions and procedures

• Insomnia
  • Lyme Disease
  • Memory Evaluation
  • Meningitis
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Muscular Dystrophy (MD)
  • Myasthenia Gravis
  • Myoclonus
  • Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Nerve Conduction Studies
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Non-Cosmetic Chemodenervation
  • Parkinson's Disease
  • Parkinsonism
  • Peripheral Autonomic Neuropathy
  • Peripheral Neuropathy Testing
  • Polymyositis
  • Polyneuropathy
  • Post-Concussion Syndrome
  • Quantitative Sensory Test (QST)
  • Restless Leg Syndrome
  • Syncope
  • TCD Bubble Test
  • Temporal Arteritis
  • Tension Headache
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Traumatic Brain Injury
  • Vitamin B Deficiency
  • Vitamin B12 Deficiency
  • Wada Test

Dr. Feldman accepts

Dr. Feldman accepts the following insurance:

Whole Health Colorado Front Range