Dr. Alexander G. Digenis, MD

Dr. Alexander G. Digenis, MD

Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery | Male

Digenis Plastic Surgery Institute 315 E Broadway # 111, Louisville, KY 40202 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Digenis' Experience

93Experience
Match

See how Dr. Digenis' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Digenis

Dr. Digenis accepts 9 insurance carriers

9 Insurance Carriers Accepted*

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Check out the quality of care at the 7 hospitals where Dr. Digenis has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Reviewing Dr. Digenis

Dr. Digenis' Review Details
4.9 based on 54 responses
Experience with Dr. Digenis
Dr. Digenis' Office & Staff
    Under 10 minutes (47)
Dr. Digenis says

We greatly appreciate the feedback provided by patients as it lets us know where are strengths are and what areas we may need to focus on for development. We continuously strive to improve the quality of care and service devoted to our patients, so we value reviews and take each and every one of them very seriously. We also want every patient to know they can always reach out to any one of our team members should they need to relay information of a confidential nature. Their satisfaction is our satisfaction.

in Baileys Harbor, WI |
Dr. Digenis is an incredible Plastic Surgeon as well as a delightful, caring Physician in every aspect. He explains the procedure in depth and calms your fears if any. He has a bedside manner that is very unique as his personality shines through no matter the conversation. He is a perfectionist and OCD which is exactly what one hopes for in a Plastic Surgeon. I traveled hundreds of miles for his many talents and wisdom which I'm most grateful for with out any hesitations. He is SUPERB!!!
in Ellison Bay, WI |
Louisville, KY |
I had a mommy makeover, if you will....got new breasts (an augmentation) after nursing 3 children. Dr. Digenis also addressed my tummy (after 3 kids, there was loads of extra skin). I feel like a million bucks. Not only is he a fantastic surgeon, he has the best bed-side manner EVER. My whole family adores him. I felt at ease with him and his nurse Beth. Extraordinary group of medical staff too. I am a BETTER, more confident mommy thanks to Dr. Digenis and his staff.
in Louisville, KY |
Patient Education is premiere with Dr. Digenis and his team. Moreover, you feel like you're family. We're so fortunate to have them in Louisville.
Louisville, KY |
This is the second surgery I had with Dr. Digenis! I had liposuction about 3 years ago and then came back to get a breast augmentation. He was as informative and caring as he was the first go around. The fact that I have elected to come back to this surgeon says it all. But even more so, I brought my daughter to him for her procedure and that is the best form of flattery. The whole team from Beth, to Jenifer, to Jessica to Emily, etc. are fabulous!
Louisville, KY |
So apart from the fact that Dr. Digenis is disarmingly gorgeous, he's so knowledgeable about the field of plastic surgery. I felt instantly at ease with his charm and intellect. I had read review after review on him and other colleagues of his, and everything they say about Dr. Digenis is so true. He is authentic and has picked people who work with him who share the same level of expertise and kindness and compassion. I would definitely recommend him to all my friends and family!
in Louisville, KY |
Fantastic surgeon and staff. I cannot say enough about how special they all make me feel. His staff is attentive, caring, and so professional. He is a lovely human being and superb surgeon. My new body is beyond belief. I highly recommend going to see this medical practice!
Louisville, KY |
Dr Digenis and his staff immediately put my nervous 8 yr old son at ease for his in-office procedure on his face! I would highly recommend him for anybody who is seeking excellence in plastic surgery!
in Louisville, KY |
So I did my due diligence in researching several plastic surgeons in Louisville. I found Dr Digenis' reviews to be the best in the state so I scheduled a consultation. He was indeed superb. Everything that patients say about him is absolutely TRUE! Such a class act person and surgeon. I had a facelift lift and eyelid surgery done and my hubby and neighbors are over the moon excited for me. I haven't felt this happy in a long time. Thank you to Dr. Digenis and his staff of exceptional people.
in Louisville, KY |
It was wonderful consulting with Dr. Digenis. He took his time to educate my husband and myself. I never felt like I was being rushed through his office. My surgical experience was even better. My reults is amazing! I would reccommend him to anyone looking for perfection and a great bedside manor.
in Louisville, KY |
This is an amazing plastic surgeon and extraordinary human being--His staff welcomed me and made me feel very welcomed and relaxed. He and his nurse Beth answered a ton of questions both my husband and I had. They were patient and very educational. I love my new body! I can't wait to show off my bikini bod for spring break!
Love the whole group in his office and especially Dr Digenis. He is the best plastic surgeon in Kentucky!
I consulted with Dr Digenis after doing several internet searches. He was the second Plastic Surgeon I visited. I instantly felt as I had found the right surgeon for my breast augmentation and tummy tuck. He was thorough, insightful, funny, and personable. I learned a great deal about my options. I had the surgery a month ago and I am in love with my new ME! Breasts and tummy are spectacular. Amazing staff too. All around fantastic experience. No way will I ever go to another plastic surgeon!
New York, NY |
He is my favorite doctor of all time. I trust him and respect him...
in Louisville, KY |
I had a breast augmentation procedure done and Dr. Digenis made me look natural and really hit the mark on what I wanted to achieve. I love, love, love my results! I'm thrilled I took the time to get a consult with him and select him as my surgeon. His team is incredible from start to finish. I'm considering a tummy tuck or liposuction too because he's so skilled!
in Louisville, KY |
I love Dr. Digenis and his staff! They are always so courteous and knowledgeable about products for skincare and injectables! I've gotten Botox and Juvaderm regularly and I am always ecstatic about the results. Dr. Digenis is very conservative and takes into account what the patient wants. I always leave happy and I would highly recommend his office to anyone looking for a beautiful, natural look!
in Louisville, KY |
The eyes are the windows to the Soul.. Mine looked half open. Gravity, genetics, and the Ohio Valley only added to my less than optimum self. Dr. Digenis, Beth, and the entire team are courteous, professional, educated, and the best at providing incredible outcomes. Hey! I finally recognize that person in the mirror. Wish I'd given myself an Upper Bleph years ago.. It is the Perfect Gift to help your outsides match the insides. My Fountain of Youth was found at Dr. Digenis' practice.
Louisville, KY |
I had one of the most thorough consultations ever with Dr. Digenis. I was first greeted by an exceptional group of people-his staff-who are polite, professional and personable. I felt instantly at ease. Even though I have wanted breast augmentation for years now, I still was apprehensive about my consult. That all changed once I hit the waiting room and was escorted into their sanctuary. The office, staff, and mostly Dr.Digenis, are extraordinary. I had my surgery 3 weeks ago, and I LOVE them!
in Louisville, KY |
Dr Digenis is a gifted and uniquely skilled plastic surgeon. Brilliant, experienced and well trained surgeon PLUS he is a talented artist (therefore has the eye to see/recommend what to do). What perhaps differentiates him from others is the result he achieves is the best, better you--meaning the result is natural. I have had multiple procedures (including a facelift). I look like a rejuvenated me. I HIGHLY recommend Dr Digenis.
Louisville, KY |
Excellent office and team who make me feel special!
Have you seen Dr. Digenis?

Compare Dr. Digenis

Why It Matters: Dr. Digenis' Board Certifications

• General Surgery
  • Plastic Surgery

Dr. Digenis says..

As a board certified plastic and reconstructive surgeon, I have specialized training in both fields. I strive to provide the utmost in quality surgical and non-surgical procedures through continual education and certification. I have been in clinical practice for well over 25 years, and perform over a thousand cosmetic and surgical procedures annually. I am committed to providing the best level of care and customized surgical procedures of the face, breast, and body for each patient.  Individualized treatment plans ensure that our patients will receive the most appropriate medical care for their needs and goals.

This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.
  • Breast Cancer
  • Breast Cancer Recurrence
  • Breast Ptosis
  • Capsular Contracture of Breast Implant
  • Cosmetic Conditions
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Gynecomastia
  • Large Breasts
  • Lipomas
  • Localized Fat Deposits
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Skin Aging
  • Wrinkles

Dr. Digenis says..

I am a board certified plastic and reconstructive surgeon with over 25 years of clinical experience. I am committed to providing the best level of care and customized surgical procedures of the face, breast and body for each patient. I perform over 1,000 surgical and non-surgical procedures annually and am proud to have over 18,000 patients in my data base. I feel honored that I have been selected by my peers and patients in awarding me top surgeon and top doctor in Louisville, Kentucky for the past several years consecutively. In an effort to stay in the forefront of surgical and technological developments, I serve as a member of national committees on emerging technologies, communications and government relations for the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. I am the founding member and President of the Kentucky Education Plastic Surgery Foundation which promotes only the highest quality of care in the field of cosmetic surgery.

This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.
  • Abdominoplasty
  • Blepharoplasty
  • Body Contouring (After Weight Loss Surgery)
  • Botox® Injection
  • Eyelid Surgery
  • Facelift
  • Liposuction
  • Nipple Reconstruction
  • Nose Plastic Surgery (Rhinoplasty)
  • Restylane® Injections
  • Wound Repair

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Kentucky.

University of Kentucky

New York University Med Center

Completed in 1997

University of Kentucky

Graduated in 1983

Dr. Digenis has no media or publications listed.

• Greek

Memberships & Affiliations

Dr. Digenis does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Digenis and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Digenis' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
  • Board certified in General Surgery and Plastic Surgery
  • Malpractice claims in Kentucky not available
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Digenis

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Digenis' Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Digenis

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Digenis says...

Dr. Digenis is a nationally and internationally recognized, board certified, plastic and reconstructive surgeon. He has over 25 years of clinical experience and is committed to providing the best level of care and customized surgical procedures of the face, breast, and body. He performs over a thousand cosmetic and non-cosmetic procedures annually, and designs individualized treatment plans to ensure that his patients will receive the most appropriate medical care for them.

Dr. Digenis has been selected by his peers as a Top Doctor and Top Surgeon for several years consecutively (2009-2015). He's received several accolades acknowledging his excellence in the field of plastic surgery and voted number one plastic surgeon in Louisville (Reader's Choice award in Leo Magazine) from 2012-2014. He was also recognized by Norton Hospital for dedicated and compassionate patient care resulting in patient satisfaction scores among the top 10% of all physicians nationally.

In an effort to stay in the forefront of surgical and technological developments, Dr. Digenis serves as a member of national committees on emerging technologies, communications and government relations for the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. His involvement exposes him to the newest advances in plastic surgery internationally, as well.

Dr. Digenis received his surgical training at Vanderbilt University, considered by many as one of the most rigorous surgery programs in the country. He then completed a fellowship in plastic surgery at New York University and at the prestigious Manhattan Eye, Ear, and Throat Hospital. He then became a clinical professor in the plastic surgery department at the University of Louisville before starting his own clinic in 1999.

His boutique-style cosmetic center has earned a reputation of excellence from both patients and peers across the United States and Europe.

Dr. Digenis' Care Philosophy

As a Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon, I take the time to understand my patients and help them achieve realistic outcomes for optimal surgical results. My team and I believe that educating our patients, treating them with the utmost respect, and making them feel comfortable with the choices they've made is paramount. We hold ourselves to the highest standard of medical care and patient safety. Their satisfaction is our satisfaction.