Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery  |
Dr. Alexander Digenis, MD
Dr. Digenis is a nationally and internationally recognized, board certified, plastic and reconstructive surgeon. He has over 25 years of clinical experience and is committed to providing the best level of care and customized surgical procedures of the face, breast, and body. He performs over a thousand cosmetic and non-cosmetic procedures annually, and designs individualized treatment plans to ensure that his patients will receive the most appropriate medical care for them. Dr. Digenis has been selected by his peers as a Top Doctor and Top Surgeon for several years consecutively (2009-2015). He's received several accolades acknowledging his excellence in the field of plastic surgery and voted number one plastic surgeon in Louisville (Reader's Choice award in Leo Magazine) from 2012-2014. He was also recognized by Norton Hospital for dedicated and compassionate patient care resulting in patient satisfaction scores among the top 10% of all physicians nationally. In an effort to stay in the forefront of surgical and technological developments, Dr. Digenis serves as a member of national committees on emerging technologies, communications and government relations for the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. His involvement exposes him to the newest advances in plastic surgery internationally, as well. Dr. Digenis received his surgical training at Vanderbilt University, considered by many as one of the most rigorous surgery programs in the country. He then completed a fellowship in plastic surgery at New York University and at the prestigious Manhattan Eye, Ear, and Throat Hospital. He then became a clinical professor in the plastic surgery department at the University of Louisville before starting his own clinic in 1999. His boutique-style cosmetic center has earned a reputation of excellence from both patients and peers across the United States and Europe.

315 E Broadway # 111

• Bluegrass Family Health
  • ChoiceCare Network

Learn about Dr. Digenis

Dr. Digenis' Experience

Dr. Digenis' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
  • Board certified in General Surgery and Plastic Surgery

This content was provided by Dr. Digenis "As a Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon, I take the time to understand my patients and help them achieve realistic outcomes for optimal surgical results. My team and I believe that educating our patients, treating them with the utmost respect, and making them feel comfortable with the choices they've made is paramount. We hold ourselves to the highest standard of medical care and patient safety. Their satisfaction is our satisfaction."

• Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery

• Breast Cancer Recurrence
  • Breast Ptosis
  • Capsular Contracture of Breast Implant
  • Cosmetic Conditions
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Gynecomastia
  • Large Breasts
  • Lipomas
  • Localized Fat Deposits
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Skin Aging
  • Wrinkles

• Abdominoplasty
  • Blepharoplasty
  • Body Contouring (After Weight Loss Surgery)
  • Botox® Injection
  • Eyelid Surgery
  • Facelift
  • Liposuction
  • Nipple Reconstruction
  • Nose Plastic Surgery (Rhinoplasty)
  • Restylane® Injections
  • Wound Repair

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Kentucky.

• University Of Kentucky
  • Vanderbilt Med School
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1995
  • New York University Med Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1997

Dr. Digenis has no media or publications listed.

• Greek

Dr. Digenis does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Digenis and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Digenis' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Digenis to family and friends
Dr. Digenis Says:

We greatly appreciate the feedback provided by patients as it lets us know where are strengths are and what areas we may need to focus on for development. We continuously strive to improve the quality of care and service devoted to our patients, so we value reviews and take each and every one of them very seriously. We also want every patient to know they can always reach out to any one of our team...

Dr. Digenis' Performance
The most recent procedure I had by Dr. Digenis was a liposculpt after a breast reconstruction treatment. I want to say what an amazing doctor he is , His ability to see what my body looked like when I was younger and bring me back to that shape again is truly remarkable . Dr Digenis is true artist !
louisville, ky |
I did liposuction before I did my breasts, and I can tell you that bar none, Dr. Digenis is fabulous beyond belief. He is an artist in all that he does and knows plastic surgery better than anyone in this area. On top of that, he has an incredible staff of ladies who treat me better than family. They are all well trained and skilled both professionally and personally.
in crestwood, ky |
Dr Digenis is the BEST PLASTIC SURGEON IN KENTUCKY! His office staff are just as superb as he is. Everyone made sure I understood the procedure (upper eyelid surgery in the office is what I had), and took care of me. I love my results and my entire tennis team think I look 15 years younger!
in Louisville, KY |
Dr. Digenis and staff are wonderful. He was thorough, compassionate, and dedicated to making sure I was completely comfortable with my procedure. I couldn't be more satisfied with the care I received from him. I highly recommend Dr. Digenis!
Louisville, KY |
The entire team here is professional, knowledgable and extremely courteous. They truly listen to you before recommending anything... High marks!
in Louisville, KY |
This is one of the premier plastic surgeons in our area and we're are fortunate to have him in Louisville! I love my new face (I initially started with injections of Botox) but after turning 60 this year, I decided to have a mini facelift and upper eye lid lift. I look absolutely natural and refreshed. Feel like I did when I was 45! I have recommended him to my daughter for her mommy make over (breast augmentation and tummy tuck) because that's how much I love/trust this doc!
Southern Indiana |
As a health professional myself, I was very impressed with the time Dr. Digenis spent with me. My consultation with him left me feeling at ease with my procedure. I am more than pleased with his work and definitely recommend him. His office staff is stellar as well! All in all, an amazingly gifted surgeon with incredible passion and compassion!
in louisville, ky |
My husband consulted with Dr. Digenis about a tummy tuck and liposuction. The entire experience-from start to finish-was exceptional....from medical care to staff interaction. I loved how much they cared for and really educated both on the procedure and what every step would entail. I'm now scheduled to do my eye lids and facelift and I can't wait. I know I'll get the same level of care that my husband did. Kudos to Dr. Digenis and his staff of gorgeous ladies!
Louisville, KY |
I called to booked a consultation w/Dr Digenis for breast augmentation & a tummy tuck. After the consultation with Dr. Digenis and Beth, I now realize why this plastic surgeon is so booked! HE IS THE BEST! He is warm, caring, funny, and so very knowledgeable. I was completely confident that he is the best plastic surgeon hands down all around. I have a new tummy and breasts to show for it! Thank you for making me look and feel AMAZING!
Louisville, KY |
Holy Moly is this man amazing! I am thrilled with my breast lift and augment! My husband is thrilled too, so that's an added benefit. Great surgeon! Great staff! I will definitely be back.
Louisville, KY |
Top plastic surgeon in Louisville! My experience was top notch from start to finish. I can't wait to bring my tennis group here!
Louisville, KY |
Exceptional physician and life altering experience. I have the body and breasts I've always wanted and know that I chose a surgeon who put my care and outcome first! His staff is warm and inviting and I wouldn't go anywhere else for future surgeries.
in Louisville, Kentucky |
Dr. Digenis is the ABSOLUTE BEST SURGEON EVER! He is kind, funny, smart, HANDSOME (pleasant bonus), and truly cares about his patients! He goes above and beyond to ensure you have the best possible experience with him! He will make sure you have a thorough understanding of the procedure, and will answer all of your questions with patience and a beautiful smile! I got a breast lift and I look FANTASTIC!!! Way better than I ever expected!!! He is TRULY AMAZING and GIFTED at what he does!!!
Hanover, IN |
Previous surgery left me with a nasty keloid. My genetic predisposition does not make me a good candidate for keloid removal. Everywhere it is touted that keloid excision without additional treatment is doomed. Not true, when in the hands of the best of the best. Dr. Digenis is an artist. Four weeks later, I can see the thinnest line instead of that ugly scar. Dr. Digenis is a kind, charming, confident, brilliant person who warms your heart while delivering the ultimate care. Look no further.
in Louisville, KY |
I recently saw Dr. Digenis for some injectables. All of my friends have had it done and I wanted to get in on the action. Although, I was very nervous at first I am in love with my results! Dr. Digenis explained how the fillers and Botox work before we got started and made me feel very relaxed and comfortable. He performed all of the injections himself and with some of the product I could see the results immediately! I cannot believe how natural I look! I will definitely be back for more!
in Louisville, KY |
I found Dr. Digenis both on the web and through online reviews.....I'm here to tell you not only is he the best plastic surgeon in town, he's the most charming man I've ever met. My girlfriend and I booked back to back breast augmentations and liposuction surgeries. We are ready for our tour of Mexico in December! Fantastic doc and results.
in Louisville, KY |
I got a mommy makeover of sorts...I initially went in to address my sagging breasts and dimply tummy tuck. Together with Beth and Dr. Digenis (Dr. DeGORGEOUS, as I like to call him now), helped me come up with a plan for addressing both my concerns in a reasonable, natural, safe way. I just had a breast augmentation and LOVE the way I look and feel. I'll be getting a tummy tuck the first of the year as I wanted to take my time to heal. With that said, I can't wait to start on the new me!
in Louisville, KY |
I recently consulted with Dr. Digenis about a potential breast augmentation/lift surgery. Once at the office I was amazed by how warm and friendly everyone was. The office was very clean, and the staff made me feel so comfortable. During my consult and exam Dr. Digenis explained everything in detail about both procedures. He spent well over an hour with me and had the BEST bedside manner i had ever seen from a physician! I am thrilled with my result and so glad I found Dr. Digenis and his team!
in Baileys Harbor, WI |
Dr. Digenis is an incredible Plastic Surgeon as well as a delightful, caring Physician in every aspect. He explains the procedure in depth and calms your fears if any. He has a bedside manner that is very unique as his personality shines through no matter the conversation. He is a perfectionist and OCD which is exactly what one hopes for in a Plastic Surgeon. I traveled hundreds of miles for his many talents and wisdom which I'm most grateful for with out any hesitations. He is SUPERB!!!
Louisville, KY |
I had a mommy makeover, if you will....got new breasts (an augmentation) after nursing 3 children. Dr. Digenis also addressed my tummy (after 3 kids, there was loads of extra skin). I feel like a million bucks. Not only is he a fantastic surgeon, he has the best bed-side manner EVER. My whole family adores him. I felt at ease with him and his nurse Beth. Extraordinary group of medical staff too. I am a BETTER, more confident mommy thanks to Dr. Digenis and his staff.
in Louisville, KY |
Patient Education is premiere with Dr. Digenis and his team. Moreover, you feel like you're family. We're so fortunate to have them in Louisville.
Louisville, KY |
This is the second surgery I had with Dr. Digenis! I had liposuction about 3 years ago and then came back to get a breast augmentation. He was as informative and caring as he was the first go around. The fact that I have elected to come back to this surgeon says it all. But even more so, I brought my daughter to him for her procedure and that is the best form of flattery. The whole team from Beth, to Jenifer, to Jessica to Emily, etc. are fabulous!
Louisville, KY |
So apart from the fact that Dr. Digenis is disarmingly gorgeous, he's so knowledgeable about the field of plastic surgery. I felt instantly at ease with his charm and intellect. I had read review after review on him and other colleagues of his, and everything they say about Dr. Digenis is so true. He is authentic and has picked people who work with him who share the same level of expertise and kindness and compassion. I would definitely recommend him to all my friends and family!
in Louisville, KY |
Fantastic surgeon and staff. I cannot say enough about how special they all make me feel. His staff is attentive, caring, and so professional. He is a lovely human being and superb surgeon. My new body is beyond belief. I highly recommend going to see this medical practice!
Louisville, KY |
Dr Digenis and his staff immediately put my nervous 8 yr old son at ease for his in-office procedure on his face! I would highly recommend him for anybody who is seeking excellence in plastic surgery!
in Louisville, KY |
So I did my due diligence in researching several plastic surgeons in Louisville. I found Dr Digenis' reviews to be the best in the state so I scheduled a consultation. He was indeed superb. Everything that patients say about him is absolutely TRUE! Such a class act person and surgeon. I had a facelift lift and eyelid surgery done and my hubby and neighbors are over the moon excited for me. I haven't felt this happy in a long time. Thank you to Dr. Digenis and his staff of exceptional people.
in Louisville, KY |
It was wonderful consulting with Dr. Digenis. He took his time to educate my husband and myself. I never felt like I was being rushed through his office. My surgical experience was even better. My reults is amazing! I would reccommend him to anyone looking for perfection and a great bedside manor.
Love the whole group in his office and especially Dr Digenis. He is the best plastic surgeon in Kentucky!
I consulted with Dr Digenis after doing several internet searches. He was the second Plastic Surgeon I visited. I instantly felt as I had found the right surgeon for my breast augmentation and tummy tuck. He was thorough, insightful, funny, and personable. I learned a great deal about my options. I had the surgery a month ago and I am in love with my new ME! Breasts and tummy are spectacular. Amazing staff too. All around fantastic experience. No way will I ever go to another plastic surgeon!
New York, NY |
He is my favorite doctor of all time. I trust him and respect him...
in Louisville, KY |
I had a breast augmentation procedure done and Dr. Digenis made me look natural and really hit the mark on what I wanted to achieve. I love, love, love my results! I'm thrilled I took the time to get a consult with him and select him as my surgeon. His team is incredible from start to finish. I'm considering a tummy tuck or liposuction too because he's so skilled!
in Louisville, KY |
The eyes are the windows to the Soul.. Mine looked half open. Gravity, genetics, and the Ohio Valley only added to my less than optimum self. Dr. Digenis, Beth, and the entire team are courteous, professional, educated, and the best at providing incredible outcomes. Hey! I finally recognize that person in the mirror. Wish I'd given myself an Upper Bleph years ago.. It is the Perfect Gift to help your outsides match the insides. My Fountain of Youth was found at Dr. Digenis' practice.
Louisville, KY |
I had one of the most thorough consultations ever with Dr. Digenis. I was first greeted by an exceptional group of people-his staff-who are polite, professional and personable. I felt instantly at ease. Even though I have wanted breast augmentation for years now, I still was apprehensive about my consult. That all changed once I hit the waiting room and was escorted into their sanctuary. The office, staff, and mostly Dr.Digenis, are extraordinary. I had my surgery 3 weeks ago, and I LOVE them!
in Louisville, KY |
Dr Digenis is a gifted and uniquely skilled plastic surgeon. Brilliant, experienced and well trained surgeon PLUS he is a talented artist (therefore has the eye to see/recommend what to do). What perhaps differentiates him from others is the result he achieves is the best, better you--meaning the result is natural. I have had multiple procedures (including a facelift). I look like a rejuvenated me. I HIGHLY recommend Dr Digenis.
Louisville, KY |
Excellent office and team who make me feel special!
Have you seen Dr. Alexander Digenis, MD?
Are you Dr. Digenis?