Dr. Alexander D. Abkin, MD

Dr. Alexander D. Abkin, MD

Bariatric Surgery | Male

Advanced Laparoscopic Surgeons of Morris, LLC 83 Hanover Rd Ste 190, Florham Park, NJ 07932 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

Your WEIGHT is over! Please join our winning team of surgeon, dietician, behavioral specialists, nurses and successful patients to get your weight-related medical problems under control and let me show you how easy it is.Read more

Dr. Abkin's Experience

See how Dr. Abkin's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Abkin

Dr. Abkin accepts 16 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 4 hospitals where Dr. Abkin has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Dr. Abkin's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Abkin to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Abkin
Dr. Abkin's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (56)
in Flanders, NJ |
I had gastric bypass, with Dr. Abkin as my surgeon. He gave me the opportunity to use the surgery as a tool for losing weight that was holding me back from living my best life. I am so happy! I can move more easily, breathe better, and can fit into cute clothes! Thank you Dr. Abkin!
in East Brunswick , NJ |
I have had a great experience with Dr. Abkin and Dr. Botvinov. I went into my surgery with all the necessary information. They were honest about what to expect. All my questions were answered.
in Livingston, NJ |
Dr. Abkin is hand's down the best bariatric surgeon in NJ! His team is awesome and he has unsurpassed skills. He has the best bedside manner and everyone raves about how great he is. He is superlative!
in Randolph, NJ |
I had surgery with Dr. Abkin and had a filter placed before the bypass several years ago. Everything went great and Dr. Abkin is an amazing surgeon with an amazing bedside manner and amazing skill. I am so happy with everything he did for me.
in Randolph, NJ |
Dr. Abkin is amazing. Not only is he a 1st class surgeon, he does not have simple office staff he has a team!! Everyone from the desk all the way thru the recovery room are 100%professional. I would challenge anyone to find a finer Surgeon.
in Wayne, Nj |
Dr. Abkin and his staff a wonderful! They are very knowledgeable and everyone takes time with you to ensure you feel comfortable with your treatment plan.
in Florham Park, NJ |
Excellent surgeon. Very happy with the whole process, from my first visit on. Appointments are on time, staff is friendly and the doctor is amazing!
Dover, NJ |
Dr Abkin is fully knowledgeable of all bariatric procedures for weight loss. He requires a long checklist of other doctors that you must see visits to support the decision to have weight loss surgery. His seminars on metabolic disorders are very good. He has a great support staff (dietitian and group support meetings) to assist you after surgery. He is the only NJ doctor certified to do the new procedure for weight loss (gastric balloon), which, for me, is another indicator of his ability.
in Hopatcong, NJ |
Dr Abkin is talented, caring and skillful. You can trust him with your life.
in West Caldwell, NJ |
Beyond pleased with every aspect of my treatment and care with Dr. Abkin and his staff. They are all amazing!
in Long Valley, NJ |
Fantastic Doctor! Very caring and professional! Would recommend Dr Abkin to anyone thinking about weight loss surgery!!
in Hackettstown, NJ |
Thank you Dr. Abkin! Two years ago I made the choice to get my life and my health back. All the great things I heard about you didn't do you justice. You were all that and more. You cared and were with me every step of the way and even two years later, you're still with me. I had type 2 diabetes. I left the hospital the day after my surgery never needing another insulin shot or pill. I lost so much weight and lost the diabetes. I haven't been this healthy or this active in 20 years. I'm enjoy
in Wanaque, NJ |
honestly he is sweet &u know when u 1st see someone that you get comfortable to,he told me to check sleeve & that it helps get 60% of diabetes & my weight to & that its much better than the lapband i was planning to have my surgery was on Nov 17th 2015 at 11.am & i was out home at 3.45 pm from his clinic i was so scared at first but it was so simple he was such careing he & his beautiful stuff thank you all so much i highly recommend Dr Abkins clinic he's the best thank you for saving my life
Morristown, NJ |
Dr. Abkin is a great surgeon and he really cares about his patients. I would recommend him to anyone for weight loss surgery!
Hackettstown, NJ |
Best decision I have ever made was following a friends recommendation to see Dr Abkin. He has changed my life. The support of his staff has been wonderful. Highly recommend
in Harrison, NJ |
I would highly recommend Dr. Abkin and had surgery in June of 2015. I had a history that included a massive bilateral PE. I was unsure if he would even take me on as a patient. He took the time to address all of my concerns prior to my surgery and had me consult with a vascular surgeon who implanted a filter in my artery that was removed a few months later. At follow up appointments, he always took time with me and addressed all of my concerns. I am very happy and would do it all over again
in Rockaway, NJ |
His office staff was friendly, courteous and professional. They made me feel very comfortable. As a surgeon, I would trust Dr. Abkin again. I know he's the best!
in Blairstown, NJ |
I am so happy I chose Dr. Abkin to do my sleeve surgery. He is very caring and is a wonderful dr. I was treated with kindness and respect. I would recommend him highly.
in Yukon, OK |
Simply put, he saved my life. He was the first doctor who talked to me like a human and didn't just make me feel horrible about myself. He sat and explained everything in extreme detail, never pressured me into something I didn't want or need. I can not thank him and his staff enough for everything they have done and continue to do.
in Tuckerton, NJ |
From my first contact with the office staff to my one year post on they are the best. Dr Abkin took real time to talk and explain my options during the consult. his staff was so accommodating with communicating via Email due to my job. My surgery in January 2015 was scheduled for a Monday but it was supposed to snow. I emailed the office ON Sunday morning and Dr Abkin himself called me immediately to reschedule for later that week since I lived almost 2 hours away. I owe Dr Abkin my life.
in Denville, NJ |
Dr Abkin and his Staff were Awesome. They made me feel at ease and helped me through the long Insurance Process to get my Gastric Sleeve! Dr Abkin is very caring and ease to speak to and a great Listener. Thank You Dr Abkin and everyone at your office!
in Hackettstown, NJ |
I was given Dr Abkin?s name by a family Friend. They had done so well I was inspired to move forward myself with weight loss surgery. I will admit I was scared but Dr Abkin and his Staff made me feel comfortable and confident that I was doing the right thing. I am 3 months post op and down 50 pounds with a sleeve! Thanks!
in Chester, NJ |
Dr Abkin came Highly Recommended to me from a Co Worker who also had surgery with him. I knew i had complicated medical Issues and was impressed that he spent time to make sure we were on same page. My surgery went well and I've been doing well. Little issues i did have post op... he was right there to address them. ALways willing to spend time to listen and help. I would recommend him to all my friends and family. The Staff was also very helpful and quick to get doctor when needed. Thanks
Newark, NJ |
Overall I had a negative experience. He came highly recommended, however he does not get to know his patients. He placed a removable filter in me prior to my procedure stating that it was necessary. The filter a few months later was banned and unable to be removed in surgery. Current medical procedures/protocols were not followed. Dr. Abkin has questionable ethics. He is more concerned with money than his patients well being. A long list of unacceptable behavior for a physician.
Have you seen Dr. Alexander D. Abkin, MD?
Are you Dr. Abkin?

Compare Dr. Abkin

Bariatric Surgery
Florham Park, NJ 07932

Narrow your results

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.

• Bariatric Surgery

• Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery
  • Appendectomy
  • Appendectomy, Laparoscopic
  • Appendectomy, Open
  • Bariatric Surgery (Weight Loss Surgery)
  • Bowel Surgery
  • Stomach Surgery
  • Umbilical or Ventral Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • Vagotomy
  • Ventral Herniorrhaphy

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

First Leningrad I P Pavlov Med Inst, St Petersburg, Russia

• NJ TOP DOCS, 2008
    • NJ TOP DOCS, 2011
    • NJ TOP DOCS, 2007
    • NJ TOP DOCS, 2009

Dr. Abkin has no media or publications listed.

• Russian

Dr. Abkin does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Abkin and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Dr. Abkin's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Bariatric Surgery
  • Board certified in General Surgery

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Abkin

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Abkin's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Abkin

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Abkin's Care Philosophy