Dr. Alexa Andewelt, MD

Psychiatry ·  Female · Age 42

Dr. Andewelt
1050 17th St NW Ste 800 Washington, DC 20036

Dr. Alexa Andewelt, MD is a psychiatry specialist in Washington, DC and has been practicing for 14 years. She graduated from George Washington University / School Of Medicine and Health Sciences in 2005 and specializes in psychiatry.

Dr. Andewelt's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Andewelt

Dr. Andewelt?
Dr. Andewelt's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Alexa Andewelt, MD
Smart, empathetic, kind. Puts me at ease.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexa Andewelt, MD?
I have been with Dr. Andewelt for over 5 years. I came to her after previously seeing multiple psychiatrists. It wasn't until I started with Dr. Andewelt that I felt that my medications were finally right. I have recommended her to multiple friends and colleagues. She is empathetic, remembers everything that I have ever told her, and is truly invested in my happiness.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexa Andewelt, MD?
I decided to write a review because I am very picky, and I have been very satisfied with Dr. Andewelt’s care. She has done a great job with medication management. I am particularly impressed with the “light bulb moments” that I have had in her office. Discussing topics with her has brought me clarity on many important issues in my life.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexa Andewelt, MD?
Dr. Andewelt is very thorough! Her 2 hour intake was aimed at understanding my specific, individual presentation and how it was affecting my life. She creates an environment where I feel that I can be open, and not judged. Within 2 months I had relief that I had been looking for from various psychiatrists over the last 15 years- finally! Before I leave the office, I have all of the necessary information that I need to submit a claim to the insurance company- which makes things very smooth!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexa Andewelt, MD?
Charged a very high fee to mostly go down a verbal list of symptoms, so I guess I should have just taken an online quiz. Talked about other patients in a way that seems to conceal their identities but, in reality, I could probably figure out who it was bc were in the same field. Sent evaluation of lab results over email. Refuses to confirm basic information with insurance company without charging me more to answer that phone call, Diagnosis was incomplete so recommended treatment was wrong.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alexa Andewelt, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Andewelt?

• Psychiatry

Haverford College
2005
2000

Dr. Andewelt accepts

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for District of Columbia

Check Dr. Andewelt's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Andewelt's conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Mood Disorders
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Panic Attack
  • Panic Disorder
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)