Dr. Alex Steinleitner, MD

Fertility Medicine •  Male • Age 62

Dr. Steinleitner

Alex J Steinleitner MD

35 Casa St Ste 260 San Luis Obispo, CA 93405

Dr. Alex Steinleitner, MD is a fertility specialist in San Luis Obispo, CA and has been practicing for 31 years. He graduated from University Of California, San Diego, School Of Medicine in 1983 and specializes in fertility medicine.

Dr. Steinleitner accepts

Dr. Steinleitner accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
Advantage Preferred DirectAccess Plus PPO
Blue Cross Blue Shield of California PPO
Select Plus HMO

No malpractice claims found for California

Check if Dr. Steinleitner treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Steinleitner's conditions and procedures:

• Family Planning Services
  • In Vitro Fertilization
  • Infertility Treatment
  • Intra Uterine Insemination
  • Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI)
  • Ovulation Induction
  • Preimplantion Genetic Diagnosis (PGD)
  • Tubal Ligation Reversal
  • Vasectomy Reversal

Dr. Steinleitner's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Steinleitner

3.3

Dr. Steinleitner?
Dr. Steinleitner's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Alex Steinleitner, MD
The office was horribly organized, the staff never got back to me, I had to continually go into the office to get their attention for test results and to make appointments. I was told it was a child free zone and we were to not bring our 4 yo daughter with us. We couldn't find care and had to bring her to an appointment where we were chastised and treated terribly. Not only were the visits unwelcoming, and the office run horribly, but Dr. Steinleitner told me I was infertile, likely to never conceive and even IVF was not an option for us but was very WRONG! I conceived less than 2 months later, naturally, miscarried due to genetic issues (NOT Progesterone issues like he predicted) then conceived again, naturally, shortly there after with a perfectly healthy pregnancy and baby. After speaking with others, I found out he was not throughout at all and based his theory solely on my AMH and progesterone levels. I honestly would never recommend this experience to anyone!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alex Steinleitner, MD?
Uneducated and rude staff ! Money is the main goal not creating families. Will do anything to get more money from you including fraudulent bills for services not received. If you want to waste your time and money than Dr. Steinleitner and his incompetent staff are definitely the right choice!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alex Steinleitner, MD?
My husband and I have been trying to have a child for 7 years. We have been to several doctors over the course. Dr S was amazing from the start. Very knowledgeable regarding my case and knew right away what treatment I needed to best suite my needs. I am 42 years old, went through my first round of Egg retrevial and he was able to extract 9 eggs! 5 fertilized, 2 has good blastocysts and now we are waiting for the final genetic ananlysis.Dr. S has impressed me through the whole process thus far!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alex Steinleitner, MD?
After years of not understanding the underlying reasons behind my irregular cycles, infertility, and recurrent miscarriages, Dr. Steinleitner was able to offer SO much clarity and helpful information. From our first consultation, he was confident in his diagnosis and ability to help my husband and I conceive. I'm so thankful for the thorough lab work he ran. The best part is that my husband and I conceived twin boys the first round of treatment!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alex Steinleitner, MD?
After seeing multiple Reproductive endocrinologists with many failed IVF attempts- Dr. S was the only doctor willing to do tests to see what the problem was. He made it his personal problem to fix. He gave us our rainbow baby on his first try.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alex Steinleitner, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr Steinleitner's for over 3 years now. He is wonderful at explaining each procedure and why he thinks it is necessary or beneficial. He is always available via his IM system. He is a problem solver and see's each of his patients like a puzzle he needs to figure out and he won't stop until he has done that. He comes with a lot of experience and he will not waste your time or money doing procedures he doesn't think will be effective.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alex Steinleitner, MD?
Dr. Steinleitner pleasantly surprised me. My husband and I had been trying to get pregnant on our own for 3-4 years before we saw Dr. Steinleitner. I had heard negative things about him, and went in with low expectations. I was pleasantly surprised. Not only was he able to successfully help us get pregnant with an amazing little boy (now 8 weeks) but I felt that he cared about me. I am very reason oriented and Dr. S took time to talk it out with me. I ask a lot of why questions and he answer
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alex Steinleitner, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Steinleitner?

• Fertility Medicine