Dr. Alex Montazem, DMD

Dr. Alex Montazem, DMD

Dentistry  |
Male

Dr. Alex Montazem is a native Long Islander, and graduated from Stony Brook University earning his Bachelor of Science degree in Biochemistry. After college, he began his dental education at Boston University’s School of Dental Medicine, obtaining his doctorate in Dental Medicine in 1989. Upon graduation from dental school Dr. Montazem furthered his education undertaking a general practice residency at the V.A. Hospital in Northport, NY. After successful completion of his general dental residency he was selected, and subsequently completed an oral and maxillofacial surgery residency at Harlem Hospital Center in New York City. Dr. Montazem has been in private practice full-time since 1994 and has developed North Shore Oral Surgery in Smithtown, NY into a state of the art surgical and dental implant practice. He currently lives on the North Shore of Long Island in East Setauket with his wife Catherine, and their two children. Dr. Montazem is a member of the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, and has founded four successful surgical practices since entering private practice in 1994.

National Dental

• Dominion Insurance
  • EmblemHealth
  • Guardian

Learn about Dr. Montazem

The team at National Dental is dedicated to providing exceptional dental care by offering a variety of general, restorative, preventative, cosmetic, and specialty services and maintaining convenient office hours in the early mornings, late nights, weekends, and most holidays. Our patients reap the benefits of  our state of the art equipped facilities throughout Queens, Nassau, and Suffolk counties.

We strive to provide the best care for all your dental needs with cutting edge technology and a team of highly trained professionals. Our services are designed to yield exceptional, personalized results. We offer affordable solutions to achieve your dreams of a healthy, beautiful, one of a kind smile.

Our goal is to provide the best dental care facility to our patients as well as providing a successful, cheerful working environment for our team. We take pride in changing the self image of  our patients and boosting their self-esteem.

• Oral & Maxillofacial Pathology

• Oral Surgical Procedures
  • Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
  • Orthognathic Surgery
  • Physical Examination
  • Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)
  • Root Canal
  • Simple Tooth Extractions
  • Teeth Extraction
  • Temporomandibular Joint (TMJ) Recording

No malpractice history found for New York.

• Stony Brook University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated
  • Boston University School of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1989

Dr. Montazem has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Montazem has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Montazem does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Montazem and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Montazem's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Montazem to family and friends
3.5
Dr. Montazem's Performance
in Riverhead NY |
Dr. Montazem is a very caring and professional Doctor. I had work to be done that I put off for a very long time and was very nervous. I felt comfortable in the office from the reception desk to the procedure room. I would highly recommend Dr. Montazem to anyone and everyone..
in Ridge, NY |
I went to Dr. Montazem to have my wisdom teeth removed. I would absolutely recommend him and his team to anyone looking for an oral surgeon in the area. Dr. Montazem made the whole experience of having a procedure painless. I get anxiety when it comes to any type of surgery but him and his team made sure I was completely comfortable and understood all steps of the procedure and recovery. Everything was done with little or no pain for me!
in Ridge,NY |
I have been a patient of Dr. Montazem for quite a few years. I have needed to have quite a few teeth extracted and at least five dental implants done. Dr. Montazem and his staff were wonderful! I also had all three of my daughters wisdom teeth extracted by Dr. Montazem when they were in their teens. He was terrific with them! I always recommend Dr. Montazem to anyone who needs an oral surgeon!
Middle Village, NY |
Dr. Montazem is a very unprofessional doctor. He is rude, condescending and short. My son was saw the doctor to have wisdom teeth and Dr. Montazem spoke to my son as if he was stupid if he didnt do the procedure and gave brief answers to questions. His office never picks up the phone and when you finally get someone on the phone they too are rude. It is unbelievable that a doctor and his staff operate in this manner!
Ronkonkoma, NY |
I tried to set up an appointment w Dr. Montazem but a woman receptionist refused to do it simply because I did not provide details for the need to see doctor for dental problem I have. The receptionist on the phone was very rude and unprofessional. I explained that I need consultation and second opinion but she insists on asking HIPPA information which I did not want to provide over the telephone. She just hung up on me. \
St James, NY |
I would not recommend this oral surgeon to anyone. He has a real bedside manner, along with his staff and additionally charges higher than any other oral surgeon in the neighborhood.
Have you seen Dr. Alex Montazem, DMD?

Visit Dr. Montazem