Dr. Alex Fokin, MD

Dr. Alex Fokin, MD

Orthopedic SurgeryMale

Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Alex Fokin, MD is a Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in Hollywood, FL. He is affiliated with Memorial Regional Hospital. His office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Office Hours

Tue

Wed

Call to Book

Memorial Division of Orthopedic Surgery and Sports Medicine

Memorial Division of Orthopedic Surgery and Sports Medicine1150 N 35th Ave Ste 130 Hollywood, FL 33021
    • Sat: 8:30am - 5:00pm
    • Sun: 8:30am - 5:00pm
New Patient?
Memorial Division of Orthopedic Surgery and Sports Medicine3702 Washington St Ste 303 Hollywood, FL 33021
New Patient?
Memorial Division of Orthopedic Surgery and Sports Medicine - Fort Lauderdale2122 W Cypress Crk Rd Ste 220 Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309
New Patient?

More Orthopedic Surgery Specialists at Memorial Division of Orthopedic Surgery and Sports Medicine

Dr. Fokin's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Fokin

1.075268817204301%
1.075268817204301%

Dr. Fokin

Full traumatic tears of rotator cuff
Dr. Fokin is a amazing orthopedic surgeon. I suffered a mountain biking accident and had a full tear of my rotator cuff. He is extremely knowledgeable and tells it like it is he is very professional. My experience in his office and during my surgery were nothing but top notch. My recovery has been quicker than I expected I have however been doing my part. He has also worked on my husband and his outcome has very well also. I would recommend him to anyone needing shoulder or knee work as these are his specialty.
gisele b. guevara – Mar 30, 2022
Great job
Had a complicated shoulder surgery. The operation was done perfectly. Fully recovered in three months. Thank you very much to Dr. Fokin. I recommend him to everyone.
Sergey Vandysh – Mar 09, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alex Fokin, MD?
I’m an active 40 year old that took his 2 boys roller skating and broke both my tibia and my fibula (shin bone and ankle) . A friend that works with many orthopedic surgeons recommended Dr. Fokin. I transferred from another Hospital to Memorial. He and his staff made sure my pain was managed Pre-Op, spent the night at the hospital and early the next morning went right into surgery. All this on New Year’s Eve… Dr. Fokin is clear, direct and thorough. I felt complete comfortable and confident in his care. Not only is he professional, but also kind and very easy to talk to. To fix my severe injury, a titanium rod had to be inserted inside the Tibia. Of course, the only way to do that is through the knee. For my ankle, he placed a metal plate with screws on the Fibula. (Technical terms are: “intra-medullary nailing of tibial shaft fracture and open reduction internal fixation of ankle fracture”) I highly recommend Dr. Fokin.
Jose Lopez – Feb 13, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alex Fokin, MD?
Dr. Fokin has built an incredible team that shines through every step of the process. From the moment I opened the door at Memorial Hospital, to taking my x-ray, to taking in my information, everybody was so kind and understanding. Dr. Fokin is a fantastic surgeon who answered all my questions and provided a variety of approaches to my patella problem, understanding my doubts, goals, and expectations. If you’re thinking of getting surgery, I highly recommend Dr. Fokin. His job is impeccable. He and his team will make sure that you feel comfortable and understand the fundamental steps to get a successful result.
Vania Arboleda – Dec 28, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alex Fokin, MD?
Dr. Fokin is very pleasant person and also a great doctor. He and his medical staff did an excellent surgery on both of my knee. Before the surgery I was in terrible pain, could hardly walk. After the surgery and the time of healing, I got big smile on my face. I could walk, face and enjoy life without that terrible pain. Dr. Fokin is the best, I know, and I would recommend to him to anybody.
Hugo Kortstam – Dec 04, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alex Fokin, MD?
After I hurt my knee doctor Folkin was called and he set everything up to figure out the best treatment. He came up with a treatment plan and got me walking in 2 months post op.
Oct 01, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alex Fokin, MD?
I had my right shoulder, bicep and clavicle surgery on Aug. 4th by Dr. Folkin. After my surgery Dr. Folkin explained all of my images and answered any questions and concerns. He did an amazing job and was extremely knowledgeable explaining the entire process of my procedure. He has a very calm spirit and very respectful towards his patients. My incisions are hardly noticeable now and I am healing well. Thank you so much Dr. Folkin for preforming my surgery.
Simone Bridgen – Sep 29, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alex Fokin, MD?
My husband had surgery with Dr Fokin for a cyst decompression in the ACL. He has been in worst pain post surgery for the past 6 months. Last time he saw Dr Fokin, he basically said, I don’t know why your in pain and there is nothing I can do. Well to me that means your a your not a well rounded doctor, because if you can’t fix him, refer him to someone else who can
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Sep 24, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alex Fokin, MD?
Omggg doctor Alex fokin is the best orthopedic doctor His staff are very awesome as well my visit with him was amazing.he did surgery on my right knee July 9th and I don’t regret it I love my results I recommend anybody who looking for a orthopedic doctor to go to him he’s the best.
Sep 11, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alex Fokin, MD?
Very happy and satisfied,very good doctor
John Tan – Sep 09, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alex Fokin, MD?
How fortunate I was to have Dr. Fokin for my surgery after a hit and run on my bicycle! During my time in the ER I begged the ER nurses to give me a thumbs up or down when the surgeon arrived. (Nurses always know the competency of the surgeons, and I was more than willing to leave if their opinion was not strong). When Dr Fokin left they assured me I had the best and after seven weeks I cannot thank Dr. Fokin enough. I am using my wrist and arm so well and will return to all of my sports activities in the next few weeks. As soon as I was discharged, he told me to start exercising immediately and how that advice paid off quickly. The physical therapists also know how excellent he is. Thanks Dr. Fokin. I do so appreciate your competency and care!
Pamela Montgomery – Aug 26, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alex Fokin, MD?
Knows his stuff compared to other Orthopedic surgeons.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
New Patient – Jun 16, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alex Fokin, MD?
I am extremely happy with my total left knee replacement. Two months after surgery and I am playing 18 holes of golf twice weekly. Not afraid of stairs anymore either going up or down. A super talented surgeon.
Ernie Dorow – May 18, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alex Fokin, MD?
Dr. Fokin is a great doctor, my experience with him was excellent. He answered all my questions and the way he communicate with his patients is very good.
Mar 09, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alex Fokin, MD?
Dr Fokin is an excellent surgeon.He is patient and takes the time to explain everything. I definitely trust him. My surgery was awesome.
Mike Frazer – Jan 23, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alex Fokin, MD?
Dr. Fokin is an excellent physician and has an excellent staff. Dr. Fokin assessed the pain that I was experiencing in both of my knees and determined it was patella-femoral syndrome. He explained what patella-femoral syndrome is and provided me with a packet which contained all the necessary exercises I needed to do to resolve the knee pain. In addition, he prescribed physical therapy sessions which helped my knees tremendously. I followed both Dr. Fokin and the physical therapists’ guidance and got excellent results. My knee pain is gone, and I now understand how to maintain / take care of my knees as an avid runner. I am very grateful for both Dr. Fokin and his staff.
Dec 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alex Fokin, MD?
Yes I would recommend Dr Fokin, is a good orthopedic surgeon. I had a very bad humerus fracture from a fall playing pickleball. Dr Fokin had to place plate with screws, I was not happy with hardware placement, but had to have it due to the severity of the fracture. My goal was to get better and get back playing pickleball. I am healing very nicely at 3.5 months with no complications. I have followed and worked hard following Dr Fokin’s postop and rehab instructions, which has helped with a speedier recovery. Hope to be back to pickleball soon. Dr Fokin did a great job., he knows his stuff. Thank you..
Nancy Williams – Dec 09, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alex Fokin, MD?
Dr. Fokin was very good and accommodating in treating my father who is 83 years old. He had shoulder surgery and is recovering nicely within 6 weeks. The staff was also accommodating and understanding.
Nov 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alex Fokin, MD?
My life was painful 24/7 due to arthritis in Both shoulders. I did a reverse shoulder replacement with Dr. Fokin 2 months ago and I already can reach my cup from the cabinet. Dr Fokin’s surgical skills and professionalism have given me a renewed quality of life. I Have so much trust in Dr. Fokin, I am going to do my other shoulder in 3 weeks. There are no words that can fully exprese my appreciation for all you continue to do for me. I highly recommend Dr. Fokin and his staff for any orthopedic surgical needs. Nazly
Nazly Menasche – Nov 08, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alex Fokin, MD?
Dr. Fokin is an amazing doctor! He explains everything well and really takes the time to listen to your questions and concerns. I had a pectoralis major repair and it’s only been two months since my surgery and I feel great. I’m glad I was referred to him.
Emay Rodriguez – Nov 08, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alex Fokin, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Fokin?