Dr. Alex Espinal, MD

Dr. Alex Espinal, MD

General Surgery  |
Dr. Alex Espinal, MD is a general surgery doctor who practices in Rock Hill, SC. He is 47 years old and has been practicing for 23 years.

200 S Herlong Ave Ste G

Rock Hill, SC 29732

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • AvMed
  • CareSource
  • Centene

Learn about Dr. Espinal

See how frequently Dr. Espinal performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
Appendectomy, Laparoscopic
Abdominal Disorders
high

Dr. Espinal's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• General Surgery

• Breast Cancer
  • Breast Lump
  • Carcinoma in Situ
  • Cholecystitis and Gallstones
  • Collapsed Lung (Pneumothorax)
  • Colorectal Cancer
  • Head and Neck Cancer
  • Hemorrhoids
  • Hidradenitis
  • Hypercoagulable State
  • Immune Thrombocytopenic Purpura (ITP)
  • Incisional Hernia

• Colon Surgery
  • Colon and Rectal Surgery
  • Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy, and Sigmoidoscopy
  • Destruction of Anal Tumor
  • Enterostomy (Laparoscopic or Open)
  • Esophagomyotomy
  • Thyroidectomy or Thyroid Lobectomy
  • Umbilical or Ventral Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • Weight Loss Revisional Surgery
  • da Vinci® Robotic Surgery

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for South Carolina.

• University Of Akron
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1990
  • Northeastern Ohio Universities College Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1994
  • Akron City Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1995
  • Akron City Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1999

Dr. Espinal has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Espinal does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Espinal and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Espinal's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Espinal to family and friends
Dr. Espinal's Performance
Rock Hill, SC |
I was referred to Dr. Espinal for Gallbladder Surgery. He made the entire process very easy. He was patient and friendly answering my questions; understanding my very specific instructions regarding pain medicine and anesthesia (which some doctors have issue with) to the procedure itself. Most important was that he made me confident I was in good hands. He has a very upbeat and friendly demeanor that puts you at ease immediately upon meeting him. Highly recommend him.
in York |
Everyone was kind, joking, they obviously enjoy working with each other. Very calming for a nervous patients.
in Ft Mill, SC |
Dr. Espinal is awesome! He has brought me through my surgeries and made me feel secure that he was doing the very best for me. He is easy to talk to and explains everything in a way you can understand. I am very fortunate that he has been my doctor. I would recommend him highly.
Rock Hill, SC |
Dr. Espinal did my gastric bypass about 12-13 years ago and I am still half the weight from my successful surgery. Dr. Espinal is always so professional and pleasant.
in Rock Hill, SC |
Nice people appreciate the Dr giving straight answers no problems with any visits so far.
Ft Mill, SC |
Dr Espinal performed a hernia repair on me. He explained the procedure in his office, then on the day of surgery, came into the prep room and introduced himself to my wife and answered all of her questions. He took his time and we did not feel uninformed or rushed to get information. I would highly recommend him to anyone needing surgery.
in Rock Hill |
He is very professional tells you the truth about your health. The only surgeon I will go to. The best Dr.
Rock Hill, SC |
I may be a special case, an "outlier", since I also am a surgeon. Dr. Espinal is an accomplished laparoscopic surgeon, also very experienced with robotic surgery. Perhaps as important to his technical ability is his compassionate and genuine personality, fund of knowledge, and sound judgment , especially when interacting with consultants on complex medical/surgical conditions. My laparoscopic hernia surgery was painless/uneventful, even though I didn't follow any of his post-op instructions!
in Rock Hill, SC |
I had Dr. Espinal for out patient surgery. He was great at explaining the procedure and what to expect. I had a great experience with him, his office, and Piedmont Hospital. I would highly recommend him if you are looking at any upcoming surgeries.
in Rock Hill, SC |
Spectacular, Personal, Friendly, saved my life. Dr. Espinal performed my Gastric Bypass surgery. I knew all the risks, possibilities, and issues I could run into. I was well informed and calm the day of surgery. Have since lost over 200lbs. I can do things I have not been able to do in years. Dr. Espinal was the 4th place I researched weight loss surgery options and If there were 10 stars I would give them for the quality and care of this team.
in Charlotte, NC |
Dr. Espinal is great doctor, he is very pleasant, compassionate and he takes the time to listen.
in Rock Hill, SC |
Not only was the staff friendly and courteous, but Dr. Espinal himself was friendly, knowledgeable and professional. He thoroughly explained the operation and prepared me for the all aspects of the recovery. The surgery and recovery went exactly as the doctor described and I couldn't be happier with the results.
Dr. Espinal is wonderful. He is very friendly and professional. He and his nurse made me feel very comfortable, even though my particular surgery and recovery would have otherwise made me feel self conscious. I highly recommend him!
in Chester. SC |
The doctor is wonderful but if you are looking for communication , you won't find it here! Getting anyone from this office to return a call is dang near impossible! I first tried about my worsening symptoms and was eventually told the assistant didn't call back because the Dr. wouldn't do anything else so it didn't matter! Now i am just trying to get someone to gove me an approximation on the completion date of my FMLA papers. Nothing. Horrible experience!!
in Rock Hill, SC |
I have been to Dr. Espinal a few different times. He is wonderful and makes you feel comfortable and answers all questions without ever making you feel rushed. I also love Pam his nurse!
in Rock Hiill, SC |
I had never had surgery before and was having problems with my gallbladder. I knew the moment I met Dr. Espinal, that he was the right Doctor to perform my surgery. He was very friendly and understanding of what I was going through. He covered the procedure and did not rush through the consultation. On the day of my surgery he came to my room to make sure I was ok, he went to meet with my Family once it was over and came to see me. He has a great bedside manner.
in Rock Hill, SC |
I felt comfortable with Doctor Espinal from the moment he walked in the examination room. The appointments were thorough, but not rushed. Everyone I encountered in the office were friendly, and professional. Not only would I recommend D. Espinal, I already have on several occasions.
in Lancaster, SC |
I love Dr. Espinal and his staff, they are excellent !
Rock Hill, SC |
Loved Dr. Espinal and Dr. Bohrhanian! They were both incredible when I had a odd situation and researched possibilities and calmed my fears. I would recommend them to everyone! My only complaint is about the office staff. The women were horribly rude, didn't return calls in a timely manner, didn't call in nausea meds like we're supposed to, and lied to me twice. It's a shame that they work in healthcare.
in Rock Hill, SC |
Being fairly new to the area and not knowing the good surgeons, I was anxious about my upcoming surgery. Dr. Espinal came highly recommended from another doctor and friends. I have to say that if I had to have another surgery, I would want Dr. Espinal. Love his professionalism and personality.... He explained the procedure, what to expect before and after, including the pain expected. He answered all my questions to my satisfaction. I would recommend him to anyone!!
in Rock Hill, SC |
My husband was being treated with radiation for cancer. He grew weaker and weaker and none of the doctors were able to find out why he was so sick. The radiation treatment doctor kept telling us that it was NOT the radiation but offered no other explanation. Unfortunately my husband had to be hospitalized due to this complication. Dr. Espinal saw my husband in the hospital, had a hunch, tested him, found the problem right away, did surgery. Today, my husband is thriving! Thank you, Dr. Espinal!
in Tega Cay, SC |
Dr Espinol and the staff were professional, caring, and pleasant. I would highly recommend them.
in Rock Hill, SC |
extremely caring with an outstanding bedside manner. Took the time to explain the medical condition and the surgical procedure in detail.
in Rock Hill, SC |
He is WONDERFUL!!!!! He took his time explaining the procedure and options available to me. I never felt rushed or hurried; and answered all my questions to my satisfaction . Dr. Espinal is very professional yet has a great personality.
Have you seen Dr. Alex Espinal, MD?
Are you Dr. Espinal?