Dr. Alessandra Buonopane, MD

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Buonopane's Experience

93Experience
Match

See how Dr. Buonopane's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Buonopane

Dr. Buonopane accepts 6 insurance carriers

6 Insurance Carriers Accepted*

• Connecticare

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Reviewing Dr. Buonopane

Dr. Buonopane's Review Details
3.7 based on 36 responses
Experience with Dr. Buonopane
Dr. Buonopane's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (32)
in Prospect, ct |
Very caring and thorough. I feel very comfortable and know I am being listened to and my concerns are addressed. Very pleased!
in Oxford |
Dr. Buonopane, MD. is one of the most caring doctors I use. I lived for many years being depressed, anxious, taking lots of Meds. etc. and now I feel like I have a GOOD CHANCE of getting off of all of the Meds with Dr. B's. help. I hope to not only get off the Meds., but begin to feel like a person again.
New York, NY |
I highly recommend Dr.B. After being with the wrong psychiatrist for 10 years who I trusted but obviously did not have my best intentions in mind , I am amazed by her comforting manner, the amount of time she speaks with me, over an hour when necessary. Dr.B is thou rough and true,y wants and cares about the best treatment course for you. It is not cookie cutter for everyone and she understands that! She has come to see me on her days off and has text me while she is away from the office. Amazin
in Wallingford, CT |
I have been with Dr Buonopane for about a year. She is the most incredible doctor and I've seen quite a few. She is firm with me when I need it and a compassionate ear when I need that. She is amazing and I knew I wanted to stay with her from the first day. I highly recommend her
Cheshire, ct |
She does not return calls! Even if your meds are scarring you. Double books and leaves you waiting over an hour! Believes loads of meds is the answer. Other doctors are confused why a doc would prescribe certain harmful mixtures. Most of all, the lady is lost! If you just need someone to strictly provide meds then go to her otherwise stay away!
in Cheshire, CT |
She is very much polite friendly and very good at her job.She worked with me very well. She is so great .I was to a different Doctor for a year and half and he didn't have clou.Alexandra is right to the point.Because of her I live my life normal.She gave me the right medication for anexity and dipression.Dont miss a chance to meet with her .
in Cheshire, CT |
the ease of getting a appointment with the doctor keeps me very relaxed. and she understands all my bipolar problems and gets me the right meds, for me.
in Trumbull, CT |
THIS LADY IS CRAZY ,SHE NEEDS A DR.SHE TREATS PEOPLE WITHOUT REGARD SHE HAS NO IDEA WHAT FAMILIES ARE GOING THROUGH SHE IS COLD & WITHOUT FEELINGS FOR ANYBODY BUT HERSELF.SHE COULD BE VERY HARMFUL TO ANYBODY HAVING A HARD TIME. SHAME ON HER TO CALL HER SELF A DOCTOR.
in Wallingford, CT |
If you are in anyway vulnerable or in need of compassion, please go elsewhere. I have never left a review for anything but feel obligated to warn others about his woman. She lacks basic decency and any sense of professionalism. She cherry picks clients. I waited a month for an appointment. and then was rejected as a patient after being grilled mercilessly for an hour events that occured 25 years ago.I am 5 weeks pospartum and have three children.depending on me. A
in Meriden, CT |
Very considerate. Tries to understand and asks a lot of questions to try and help. Very pleasant. Maybe a little forgetful at times. Sometimes overbooks. Uses Iphone exclusively for texting, phone calls, scheduling.
New Britain, CT |
I needed help urgently, but it was not an emergency situation. DrBuopane does not take phone calls, only text messages. I messaged her 3 times and her only response was telling me to go to the hospital which I can't do because my insurance doesn't cover it. All I needed was advice on my medication and she completely ignored by pleas for help.
Have you seen Dr. Alessandra Buonopane, MD?
Are you Dr. Alessandra Buonopane, MD? Post a response on your personalized profile.

Compare Dr. Buonopane

• Psychiatry
  • Addiction Psychiatry

Why It Matters: Dr. Buonopane's Board Certifications

• Psychiatry

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Substance Abuse

• Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Detoxification Evaluation
  • Medication Management
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Stress Management

No malpractice history found for Connecticut.

Universita Degli Studi Di Roma La Sapienza (Facolta I), Facolta Di Medicina E Chirurgia I

Graduated in 1988

Yale Univ Sch Med

Completed in 2001

Universita Degli Studi Di Roma La Sapienza

Graduated in 1988

Dr. Buonopane has no media or publications listed.

• Italian

Dr. Buonopane does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Buonopane and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Buonopane's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Psychiatry
  • Board certified in Psychiatry
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Buonopane

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Buonopane's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Buonopane

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Buonopane's Care Philosophy

I am committed to the notion that every person should be treated individually based on their circumstances, background and condition. I will take into account medical, psychiatric and social issues in the treatment plan. If the inclusion of family members will contribute to a favorable outcome, I will consider it.