Dr. Alena Ashenberg, MD

Dr. Ashenberg
Telehealth services available

Boston Children's Primary Care Alliance

505 Nashua Rd Ste 5 Dracut, MA 01826

Dr. Alena Ashenberg, MD is a pediatrics specialist in Dracut, MA and has been practicing for 34 years. She graduated from Faculty Of Medicine, Israel Institute Of Technology in 1986 and specializes in pediatrics.

Compare Doctors

Quickly compare more Pediatricians in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

Dr. Ashenberg accepts most major insurance plans.

Dr. Ashenberg has indicated that she accepts most major insurance carriers

(978) 957-4300Find providers who accept this insurance

No malpractice claims found for Massachusetts

Check if Dr. Ashenberg treats your condition or procedure

• Diarrhea
  • Immunization
  • Immunization Administration
  • Influenza (Flu)
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Newborn and Well-Child Care
  • Painful Urination (Dysuria)
  • Pediatric Diseases
  • Well Child Examination
  • Well New Born Care
  • Wellness Examination

Help Improve Healthgrades

Does Dr. Alena Ashenberg, MD...

Offer evening visits?

Offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

Offer an online patient portal portal?

Have free onsite parking?

Offer weekend visits?

Dr. Ashenberg's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Ashenberg

4.5

Dr. Ashenberg?
Dr. Ashenberg's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Alena Ashenberg, MD
Dr. Ashenberg is very thorough, staff is very friendly and never a long wait. Best pediatrician in the area!
Sep 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alena Ashenberg, MD?
My two children have been seeing Dr. Ashenburg for 12 years now and we could not be happier or more comfortable with the care they have gotten. We have never felt rushed or left with any unanswered questions and always get an appointment promptly. Highly recommended Dr. Ashenburg!!
Michelle – Aug 09, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alena Ashenberg, MD?
My son has been a patient of Dr. Ashenberg for nearly 12 years. She has always been very helpful to us and my son. She is very intelligent and knowledgeable on her patients and pediatric development and care. Her affiliation with Boston Children’s Hospital has provided us with top notch care and resources. With her gentle manner, sense of humor and ability to communicate well with parents and her patients, she is in our opinion the best pediatrician in the Merrimack Valley area.
Patti N – Jul 30, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alena Ashenberg, MD?
My three children have been cared for my Dr Ashenberg for over 14 years. While their medical needs have changed from infant to teens the high quality of care Dr Ashenberg and her staff provide never has. You are not a number there but an individual and Dr Ashenberg and her staff truly know their patients. Dr. Ashenberg is a tremendous advocate for her patients as well as I witnessed when my son needed specialist care. She has a very easy going presence and a warm demeanor. Your children couldn't be in better hands.
Jul 15, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alena Ashenberg, MD?
Dr Ashenberg has been an incredible advocate for all 3 of my kids for the last 22 yrs. Her dedication to her patients is unmatched and her genuine care and concern is hard to come by. She’s very thorough and always going the extra mile to be sure that the kids are feeling better and on the road to recovery.
May 04, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alena Ashenberg, MD?
We have been seeing Dr. Ashenberg for nearly 18 years now, ever since our first son was born. Since the beginning Dr. Ashenberg has shown us attention, compassion, understanding, and has a close relationship with us and our children. She listens to our concerns, works with us when we have an issue, and spends the time needed to fully understand our children as people. When our oldest son was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes Dr. Ashenberg was a source of comfort, information, and support as we we
Apr 22, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alena Ashenberg, MD?
Dr Ashenberg is all about the child's health and educating the parent on healthier choices. I have a child that has ADD and instead of giving me a referral for someone else to treat my child, Dr Ashenberg treated him and kept an eye on all his developments. I have 3 kids and the fact that she knows who all my kids are is huge. A real doctor that cares about the well being of your child says more than anything. She is one amazing doctor. Her staff is excellent as well and very understanding.
Mar 29, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alena Ashenberg, MD?
We have been with Dr. Ashenberg, with our 2 children for the past 10 years. If experience/knowledge is the criteria for picking a provider, with least dramas, she is the one. Thanking, for your service.
Mar 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alena Ashenberg, MD?
I be never seen like her ever since. She take care of my children
Mar 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alena Ashenberg, MD?
Dr. Ashenberg is an excellent pediatrician, treating the whole patient as well as family. She has been so helpful and supportive to us. Her kind and gentle manor is well matched to her sense of humor and calming disposition. My son and I enjoy the conversations we have with her. She is on the ball with all his health needs and I have full confidence in her expertise. I highly recommend Dr. Ashenberg.
Patti Newman in Lowell, MA – Jan 29, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alena Ashenberg, MD?
I highly recommend Dr. Ashenberg for three reasons. The first is that she is communicative. She dialogues with the parents and children and has always worked with any concerns that I have over new vaccines or new proposed standards. The second is knowledge. Not all physicians are good. Dr. Ashenberg maintains her edge by never becoming stale in her learning. The third is that Dr. Ashenberg is compassionate and has always been there for my children. I could not recommend her more highly.
Rob Cooper in NH – Jan 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alena Ashenberg, MD?
I've been hesitant about switching doctors since my child has been with Dr. Ashenberg since birth, but after 6 years I've finally had enough. She's made multiple rude comments throughout the years and even went as far sharing her disapproval when my child's father and I separated. On our last visit she became very agitated and raised her voice after I disagreed with her,my child was in the room and was not only terrified, but in tears by the time we got to the car! The staff however is amazing.
Anonymous in Dracut, MA – Jul 10, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alena Ashenberg, MD?
Love the practice. Everyone is so friendly and helpful. My 4 daughters have been patients of Dr. Ashenbergs since babies and she has always been a kind, trusting doctor. She truly cares. When we have had medical emergencies, she was a huge advocate for our children. Always making sure they had the best specialists. Highly recommend.
Mary in Tyngsborough, ma – Jan 11, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alena Ashenberg, MD?
Dr Ashenberg has been my pediatrician for my 4 daughters for many years. I couldn’t ask for a more kind and compassionate doctor. She goes out of her way to ensure your child receives whatever care is necessary and very often will call you at home the next day if your child is sick to make sure they are getting better. Her office staff are friendly and helpful and make your visit fun and stress free. She is a wonderful doctor and would highly recommend her practice to anyone.
Lowell, MA – Dec 12, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alena Ashenberg, MD?
Dr. Ashenberg has been taking care of my kids for their whole lives. She is so nice and always spends plenty of time with us and answers all my questions. When my youngest was born with a heart defect and needed open heart surgery at 3 months old, she drove into Boston Children's Hospital on New Years Eve (after work, on her own time) to visit us along with calling daily to check on him. I am blown away with the helpfulness helpfulness and kindness of the staff and nurses.
Jen Stanley in Dracut – Dec 04, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alena Ashenberg, MD?
I have had a great experience not only with Dr Ashenberg, but with the office staff as well. I have a newborn and whether it is a sick visit or standard newborn appointment, Dr. Ashenberg always spends ample time with me to explain everything,make sure I am comfortable, and give me the support I need. As a first time mom in my 30s, I am very nervous and they always address my concerns with compassion. I feel very safe and confident in her skills. I would recommend this office to all!
Dec 04, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alena Ashenberg, MD?
She was a great doctor at first.Been with my daughter since birth. She is very opinionated and rude and so is her office manager and nurses. The only nice person there is her receptionist.. I have switched after two years because of her rude comments. She always gets upset if I go to urgent care. Her exact words were"all my other patients call". I told her I didn't call cause they were closed and I was concerned and just went, then she just got mouthy. No respect for my decisions as a parent .
Boston, MA – May 05, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alena Ashenberg, MD?
All three of my boys have been fortunate to be under the care of Dr. Ashenberg since they were young and I simply trust their care to her expertise, experience and judgement. My boys have all been comfortable with her and all of her staff and now that I have teen boys, I appreciate that they have a good rapport with her. And most importantly, when large medical concerns were before us, her calm demeanor and professional knowledge were a comfort.
Pelham, NH – Jun 18, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alena Ashenberg, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Ashenberg?

As childhood is critical to future education and happiness, I support parents in fostering good behavior and achievement at school. I minimize use of medications and procedures and always weigh carefully and discuss with the parents the benefit versus the risks and side effects. I am very open to getting a second opinion if there is any doubt or the family desires to improve safety.

• Pediatrics