Family Medicine  |
Dr. Aleksandra Giedwoyn, MD
Born and raised in east Portland, I graduated with a BS in Biochemistry from Lewis & Clark College. As a first generation Polish-American, I received my M.D. from Karol Marcinkowski Medical School and finished my Family Medicine internship and residency at Good Samaritan Hospital in Phoenix, Arizona. I have been board certified in Family Medicine since 2002.

1235 SE Division St Ste 208

Portland, OR 97202

Dr. Aleksandra Giedwoyn, MD

• Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • First Choice Health
  • Moda Health
  • Oregon Health Plan
  • PacificSource
  • Providence Health Plans
  • Regence Blue Cross Blue Shield

Learn about Dr. Giedwoyn

I practice the full scope of primary care in the office. I provide a "medical home"—one location where you can receive care for most health issues and one physician who is helping you coordinate the care you may receive from other providers or specialists. I prefer to rely more on healthy lifestyle and less on pharmaceuticals. My interests are strong in nutrition and in "food as medicine".  I can refer you to a wide array of traditional medical specialists and alternative providers and I feel comfortable collaborating with them to provide you with great healthcare.

Both as an employed physician and as a patient, I have experienced mainstream medicine to resemble an assembly line form of care. Patients who are motivated to understand why they have a medical problem, rather than just wanting a pill to solve the problem, often need longer appointments than typical 10-20 minute visits. So I practice "slow medicine." Longer visits allow more holistic healing and future health success.

Dr. Giedwoyn's Experience

Dr. Giedwoyn's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Family Medicine

• Insomnia
  • Irritable Bowel Syndrome
  • Menopause
  • Menstrual Cramps
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Menstrual Migraine
  • Neck Pain
  • Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)

• Anoscopy
  • Suture Removal
  • Suture Uncomplicated Lacerations
  • Urinalysis
  • Urine Pregnancy Test

No malpractice history found for Oregon.

• Good Samaritan Family Practice
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1999
  • Good Samaritan Family Practice
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2001

Dr. Giedwoyn has no media or publications listed.

• Polish

Dr. Giedwoyn does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Giedwoyn and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Giedwoyn's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Giedwoyn to family and friends
3.9
Dr. Giedwoyn's Performance
in Portland |
As a new patient, I'm extremely pleased with Dr. Giedwoyn's intuitive nature and personal, individualized approach to medicine. She is very easy to talk to, open-minded and has genuine concern for the well-being of her patients.
Portland, OR |
Aleksandra was very warm and welcoming. She was a great listener and I felt comfortable taking to her. She is also located in a great neighborhood which is nice to be able to walk to her office. I would recommend her to friends!
in Portland, OR |
I met with Aleksandra when I moved back to Portland and I am so glad I did. She takes the time to really listen and understand what your issues are. She is willing to work with me to find solutions that work for both of us and treat the true cause of the issue. I recommend her to everyone and wish I had her the whole time.
in Portland, OR |
I haven't had a family doctor in a number of years and my experience with doctors have not been the greatest. Dr. Giedwoyn sat with me and didn't rush me through as if I was just a patient number and we talked about various things going on with myself both mentally and physically. I'm an overweight person who is trying to lose weight and I've had experiences where I was frowned at and treated less than a person due to my weight by doctors, but she was very supportive, kind and knowledgeable.
in Portland, OR |
I saw Dr Giedwoyn for a routine issue, and I was very impressed with her warmth and attention. Her treatment advice was strong and led to a quick resolution of the problem. But I really appreciated that she gave her full self for even just a minor problem. When the visit ended, I was disappointed that I couldn't spend more time getting to know her.
in Portland, OR |
Dr. Giedwoyn was a breath of fresh air. She was very informative and offered great methods to relieve my pain. She was very knowledgeable and was able to take the time to help me understand the issues I was having during my appt. I absolutely recommend Dr. Giedwoyn!
in Portland, OR |
I had a very positive experience with Dr. Aleksandra Giedwoyn, during which she was able to pinpoint why I was suffering from lethargy and skin issues. I found her wholistic approach to be a good match for me, since she takes into account medical as well as environmental and emotional factors. It's clear that she cares about her patients. With her recommendations I was able to make the changes I needed to live a healthier lifestyle.
Portland, OR |
I was excited to learn that she is interested in other modes of healing: meditation, acupuncture, herbs, yoga. I felt safe in sharing the "alternative" medicines and modes that I have been using. She listened and had to end the appointment since the clinic doesn't allow for longer than 15 minute urgent care visits. She invited me to return for a longer appointment.
in Portland, OR |
Dr. Giedwoyn didn't take a second to listen to my concerns. She refused to listen to me and completely misdiagnosed what I had. On top of it she didn't fill the prescription for antibiotics that I needed (she had all day to do it) so I waited for days in pain. She makes you feel terrible about yourself and will rush through the appointment.
Portland, Oregon |
I do not particularly like being interrogated as to why I needed to be seen. Dr. Giedwoyn was dismissive to my concerns and made me feel like a hypochondriac for my visit. My concerns were validated and addressed during a second opinion appointment with a family nurse practitioner. Dr. Giedwoyn was unfeeling and acted as if my appointment were an inconvenience to her. Not positive qualities, especially so for a medical professional.
Have you seen Dr. Aleksandra Giedwoyn, MD?
Are you Dr. Giedwoyn?

Visit Dr. Giedwoyn

Evening
Saturday
Dr. Giedwoyn accepts 8 insurance carriers
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • First Choice Health