Dr. Aldo Russo, MD

Dr. Aldo Russo, MD

Gastroenterology  ·

Dr. Aldo Russo, MD is a gastroenterology specialist in Baton Rouge, LA and has been practicing for 18 years. He specializes in gastroenterology.Read his story

Ochsner Health Center - O'Neal

16777 Medical Center Dr Fl 2

Baton Rouge, LA 70816

• American Lifecare
  • Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
  • Bluegrass Family Health
  • Community Health Choice
  • Coventry Health Care of Louisiana
  • Employers Health Network

Learn about Dr. Russo

See how frequently Dr. Russo performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Nausea
Diarrhea
Abdominal Disorders

Dr. Russo's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Russo's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Russo "Originally from the Dominican Republic and part of a third generation of physicians in my family, I take pride in treating our patients with respect and at the center of every decision we make. Putting patient's first is part of our culture at Ochsner and every day I try to live by that premise, also remembering that our patients are someone's father, mother, son or daughter, helps us connect while and provide healing for their ailments. We are here for our community!"

This content was provided by Dr. Russo "Dr. Aldo Russo's expertise lies in the area of prevention of colorectal cancer, viral hepatitis treatment, IBD and gastrointestinal emergencies. His special medical interests include viral hepatitis and IBD. Dr. Russo received his undergraduate degree and medical degree from Universidad Nacional Pedro Henriquez Urena in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic. He completed his internship and residency at Danbury Hospital in Danbury, Connecticut, and his fellowship in gastroenterology at LSU Medical Center in New Orleans. Dr. Russo is board certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine in gastroenterology and has been on staff at Ochsner since January 2005. "

• Gastroenterology

• Gastroenterology
    Accredited by: American Board of Medical Specialties*
    Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Louisiana.

• National University of Pedro Henriquez Urena / School of Medicine
  • LSA Medical Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2000

• Best Ochsner New Physician of the Year Baton Rouge Region, May 2006
  • Teacher Fellow of the Year LSU Health System New Orleans, May 1999

Dr. Russo has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Russo does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Russo and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Russo's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Russo to family and friends

Dr. Russo's Performance

Dr. Russo and his entire staff are excellent. I could not ask for better treatment. I was really worried about being put to sleep because of an extreme sensitivity to drugs, but was assured by the anesthesiologist that he would not leave my side until I was awake. The nurses both in prep, the...more
Great experience.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
I found in the first appointment he was very attentive and eager to help. Following visits once my case became out of the normal treatments, he blamed other doctors and diagnoses for my gastric issues. Finally, I had an endoscopy procedure done and he open admitted that the other diagnoses were...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option1

Hi, Katherine. We're very sorry about your experience, and we'd like to have someone reach out to you personally. Please email us at feedback@ochsner.org with your contact information so we can pass it along.

Very satisfied with my experience . Dr. Russo was easy to talk to. I would highly recommend him and the rest of his staff. I was in and out in 2 hours..
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Dr. Russo and his team at the endoscopy center at Ochsner-Baton Rouge were fantastic. Everything was on time, I was quite comfortable throughout, and I received very clear explanations and timely results. I would highly recommend Dr. Russo!