Dr. Alberto Ortiz-Arroyo, MD

Dr. Alberto Ortiz-Arroyo, MD

Ophthalmology  |
Male
Dr. Alberto Ortiz-Arroyo, MD is an ophthalmology doctor who practices in West Palm Beach, FL. He has been practicing for 11 years. Dr. Ortiz-Arroyo is affiliated with Palm Beach Gardens Medical Center and Delray Medical Center.

2000 Palm Beach Lakes Blvd Ste 400

West Palm Beach, FL 33409

• AARP
  • American Pioneer
  • Amerihealth
  • Bankers Life and Casualty
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)

Learn about Dr. Ortiz-Arroyo

See how frequently Dr. Ortiz-Arroyo performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Blepharitis
Eyelid Disorders
Dry Eyes

Dr. Ortiz-Arroyo's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Ortiz-Arroyo "To provide a lifetime of vision care in a setting of excellence."

• Ophthalmology
  • Anterior Segment Ophthalmology
  • Anterior Segment Surgery
  • Cataract Surgery
  • Cornea & External Diseases
  • Cornea & Refractive Surgery
  • Ophthalmic Surgery
  • Orbital Disorders

Dr. Ortiz-Arroyo does not have any board certifications listed.

• Accidental Eye Injuries
  • Diabetes-Like Retinal Edema
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Dilatation
  • Diplopia
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Drusen
  • Glaucoma Diabetic Eye Disease
  • Glaucoma in Ciliochorodial Detachment
  • Glaucoma in Epithelial Ingrowth
  • Glaucoma in Intra Ocular Tumours
  • Glaucoma in Iridoschisis.
  • Glaucoma in Phacomatoses

• Refractive Surgery
  • Relaxing Incisions, Corneal
  • Retinal Testing
  • Ultrasound
  • Vitrectomy (incl. Macular Hole Repair)
  • Vitreoretinal Surgery

• University of Puerto Rico School of Medicie, University District Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2007
  • Univ of PR RCM
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2010
  • Associates In Ophthalmology-Pittsburgh,Pa (Anterior Segment Specialist)
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2011

Dr. Ortiz-Arroyo has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Ortiz-Arroyo has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Ortiz-Arroyo does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Ortiz-Arroyo and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Ortiz-Arroyo's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Ortiz-Arroyo to family and friends
Dr. Ortiz-Arroyo's Performance
in Boynton Beach, FL |
I was a patient of dr Ortez in his other office. I tracked him down to his new place mittleman eye and am extremely happy. He is an excellent doctor with an excellent relationship with his patients. I will be having catarac surgery in the next few weeks wi dr Ortez and he has explained everything to me He is a 5 star dr!!
in West Palm Beach, FL |
I called the emergency after hour phone number do to an eye injury. Dr. Ortiz got back with me and listened to my dilemma. he didn't try to rush me off the phone as it was on a Sunday night. He allowed me to text a picture of my eye. He told me to come in the next day at 8:30am. For that I was grateful because it's so hard to get into any doctors that quickly. He was knowledgeable and kind. The office staff is awesome as well.
Boynton Beach |
Dr. Ortiz-Arroyo is a very knowledgable doctor. However, I felt that I was being rushed when I actually got to the doctor. The vast majority of the "work" was done by an Optical Technician. Once dialated, I was taken to the Optical Frame dept. to "look at frames"; which was ludicruous considering I couldn't see a damn thing close up. I felt that I was being hustled. The entire experience was one of a very smooth, very large operation that was high on competence and low on patient warmth.
Very nice and informative
in West Palm Beach, FL |
highly recommend Mittleman Eye! the whole team was very friendly, competent and thorough in detailing what they were doing and what they were seeing.. Check in was fast.and accurate.. The 1st tech Yasmeing answered all my questions. good information from Celia regarding potential cataract issues (none). Dr. Ortiz was thorough and gave me a depth of information so i could make good decisions. i felt he was caring and accurate.. i trusted the meeting.
Palm Beach Gardens, FL |
My appointment was in the West Palm Beach office. It is a very busy office. The front desk let me know how long the appointment would take (it was 15 minutes shorter) and each step I would go through. Dr. Ortiz-Arroyo was thorough and didn't rush through his time with me. He answered all questions I asked.
in West Palm Beach, FL |
Dr Ortiz and his staff Jennifer, Joseph, Shayla and Carmen were all so helpful from the moment I arrived and throughout my entire visit. Their professionalism and expertise is evident in how everything was conducted. Dr Ortiz did an outstanding job on my eye procedure and I am very grateful for everyone in this practice.
in Palm Beach Gardens, FL |
Outstanding service by the entire staff of Mittleman Eye Center in West Palm Beach, Florida especially Dr. Ortiz, receptionist Ronaivia, technician Tatiana, and Charles at checkout. The office was exceptionally clean and well appointed. The equipment modern and well maintained. Overall , a pleasant and sense of being well cared for from the time of sign in until checkout. Thanks to all at Mittleman Eye Center for a job well done.
West Palm Beach, FL |
I give Dr Ortiz 5 stars. He explains very fully and clear. I'm happy with service of this office.
Palm Beach Gardens |
Great, efficient and friendly staff. Highly recommend.
in West Palm Beach, FL |
Dr. Ortiz was very professional and thorough.
Lake Worth, FL |
Very nice and detailed explanation of patient condition. Staff was very friendly during office visit. After visit, attempted to contact doctor's staff for a question but didn't get response.
stuart, fl |
Friendly Staff And Dr Ortiz was absolutely wonderful. Would highly recommend.
in palm beach gardens, fl |
The doctor greeted me politely, got right to my chart, reviewed it with me, asked about my concerns. He made some suggestions and explained everything well. I will gladly see him next time.
in West Palm Beach, FL |
Dr. Ortiz was absolutely wonderful in putting my mind at ease regarding my exam concerning cataracts. From a thorough exam, he discovered that I had the beginnings of AMD & was very informative as to explaining what that was & how it could be handled. I completely put my "eye life" in his very capable hands. Would definitely recommend him to anyone who is need of his service.. As far as the staff, they also were extremely accommodating.
in Palm Beach Gardens, FL |
I recently moved here from Los Angeles. With the service Dr. Ortiz provided why would I leave? He was patient, caring, and knowledgeable. He explained his findings in ways that I could understand. All in all, I simply felt I was in terrific hands!! Also, here's a shout-out to the entire Mittlemen Eye team who I interacted with during my appointment; i.e. Jennifer, Jessica, Roseann. With their cheerful demeanors they made the entire process painless.
in West Palm Beach, FL |
I have had 2 visits with Dr. Ortiz and find him to be patient with explaining his findings is willing to answer all inquiries.
Washington, DC |
Very well organized, efficient and friendly practice. Would highly recommend.
in Palm Beach Gardens, FL |
Due to a system glitch I had to wait a long time, but I was compensated for it by waiver of an exam fee.. The efficiency of staff is excellent. Dr. was in a bit of a hurry, but I already pretty much knew the status of my cataracts and macular, but did not discuss cataract surgery as stated in my review as they are minimal at this time.. I am skeptical of many recommended pharmacy products as do not trust the studies are that proven,and every person is different, which concerns me about dosage,
Lake Worth, FL |
It was a pleasure meeting Dr Albert Ortiz-Arroyo. He was very professional, knowledgeable, upbeat, and friendly. He was highly recommended to me and I was extremely happy. I would also highly recommend him to my friends and family too!
in Lake Worth, Florida |
DR. Ortiz is a wonderful doctor who answers all question in a manner that is easy to understand. He is through in is exams and covers every area to come up with the total answers to any problems you may be having. I have been a coming to doctor Ortiz for at least seven years and always been satisfied with the results. Everyone should be so lucky to have Dr. Ortiz as their vision care provider.
in West Palm Beach, FL |
Pleasant, through, and answered all questions
in West Palm Beach, FL |
Very happy with my eye exam today and all my questions were answered.
Palm City, FL |
I came in very nervous about my hyperthyroidism and its possible effects on my eyes. Everyone-from Jen at reception to Jessica the technician-put me at ease and seemed genuinely concerned. with each test that Jessica performed on me, she told me that my results were perfect and I began to relax. Dr. Ortiz was reassuring and thorough. He recommended supplements and over the counter drops for my dry eyes. I will definitely be returning to this caring office for all my eye needs.
Delray Beach, FL |
Dr Ortiz was the only one of 3 opthamologists who diagnosed my teen with blepharitis. He explained the condition and provided samples to prevent future break outs. That was a relief. Don't know how the other two opthamologists missed it! The wait time was 15 minutes - not bad considering I have waited in various doctors' offices for up to 2 hours past the appointment time. Efficient check in and check out. Friendly staff. Worth the drive. Would recommend both Dr Ortiz and the practice.
in West Palm Beach, FL |
very pleasent Dr, explained my condition thoroughly.
in Lake Worth, FL |
Dr. Ortiz-Arroyo was very professional and very knowledgeable. Will recommend to family and friends
in west palm beach, fl |
The staff is excellent. They are all very considerate AMD INFORMATIVE.
in Delray Beach, FL |
We followed Dr. Ortiz from his previous practice and are Glad that he is still close to us. He is a knowledgeable surgeon who has answered all our questions. We look forward to his expertise.
in delray beach, fl |
Dr. Ortiz has taken excellent care of my eyes for the three years I have lived in Florida. I feel very lucky I have a Dr. who I have such confidence in.
in Jupiter, FL |
Very pleased with the flow of this office. I walked in and was greeted and taken care of right away. They were kind and explained everything in detail.
in Hypoluxo Florida |
I have been Dr Ortiz,s patients for about three years at the Boynton office I am always satisfied with my exams so I continue to use him This was my first time at Mittleman Eye I have to say it was a little overwhelming coming into the facility but everyone was very nice and most professional and it is always a Pleasurable experience with Dr Ortiz JOANNE Miller
in Boynton Beach, FL |
I was sent to Dr Ortiz by the Dept of Veteran's Affairs Veteran's Choice Program for cataract surgery. I found Dr Ortiz to be exceptionally knowledgeable and calming as I was quite nervous about having this done. The first surgery I was very anxious and after the surgery which took about 10 minutes, Dr Ortiz informed me that he sensed my anxiety and asked the anasthesiologist to give me "a little extra". I never felt a thing and my recovery was successful, the second surgery was even easier.
in Boynton Beach, FL |
Dr. Ortiz has demonstrated caring and trustworthy. I have seen him for the past two years and he always provided sufficient time with me and sign language interpreter.
in Boynton Beach Fla |
I have been a patient of Dr Sibia's for many years. Unfortunately, I could not get an appointment with him, so my last appointment with this office had to be with Dr. Ortiz. Dr Sibia and his staff have always been excellent and very professional, but I cannot say the same for Dr. ORtiz. He is uncooperative in an emergency and has no compassion for his patients. I DO NOT recommend him.
in Lincoln Park, M |
Cares for parients. Very trustworthy. Excellent doctor!!!!
Have you seen Dr. Alberto Ortiz-Arroyo, MD?
Are you Dr. Ortiz-Arroyo?

Visit Dr. Ortiz-Arroyo

Dr. Ortiz-Arroyo accepts 49 insurance carriers
  • AARP
  • American Pioneer
  • Amerihealth
    Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO
  • Bankers Life and Casualty
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida
  • CHAMPVA
  • Christian Care
    Medi-Share
    Great West Healthcare-Cigna
  • Compassionate Care Network (CCN)
  • CompBenefits Corp.
  • CoreSource
    Emblem Health
  • Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • EyeMed Vision Care
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA
  • Group Health Incorporated (GHI)
  • Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
    Harvard Pilgrim Health Care PPO
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Medicare
    CarePlus
    PacifiCare
    Secure Horizons
  • Veteran Administration Plan
  • Vision Service Plan (VSP)

Hospitals where Dr. Ortiz-Arroyo has admitting privileges