Dr. Albert Odom Jr, MD

Obstetrics & GynecologyMaleAge 64

Dr. Albert Odom Jr, MD is a Obstetrics & Gynecology Specialist in Columbia, SC and has over 38 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Medical University Of South Carolina medical school in 1983. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Prisma Health Baptist Hospital and Prisma Health Baptist Parkridge Hospital. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Odom Jr to book an appointment.

Dr. Odom Jr

Palmetto Health-USC Obstetrics and Gynecology - Parkridge OB/GYN

300 Palmetto Health Pkwy Ste 300 Columbia, SC 29212

Dr. Odom Jr's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Odom Jr

Dr. Odom Jr?
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (103)
  • Explained conditions well (103)
  • Listened & answered questions (102)
  • Long wait times (8)
  • Staff wasn't friendly (2)
  • Appointment was rushed (1)
My online search for a GREAT Dr. lead me to Dr. Odom. It was difficult for me to replace my previous OBGYN when I moved to SC, so finding a Dr I was happy with was important. I needed to resolve my female issues, I suffered monthly and it negatively impacted my personal and social life. My first consul with Dr. Odom assured me I found the right Dr. and didn't need a second opinion. His demeanor along with several years of experience put my concerns at ease. He was thoroughly knowledgeable, asked me what I wanted to accomplish, made sure I understood each process; he listened and provided guidance and helped me make the best medical decision based on my situation. It's rare to find a Dr. and staff that possess all the qualities that makes them outstanding. It has been less than 2mths since my surgery, it was a SUCCESS! I was up and going in less than two weeks. I continue to thank Dr. Odom for helping regain a healthy and happy quality of life. Blessed to have found him. Thank you.
Dec 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Albert Odom Jr, MD?
Dr. Odom performed by Laparoscopic hysterectomy and two weeks in I felt great. He answered by husband any my questions and made us feel we were in good hands despite the consequences that something could go wrong. I was a little hesitant to return home the same day of surgery, which I found out is normal but due to a late surgery I was able to remain overnight. Dr. Odom provided a service with a smile and sense of humor. He did an awesome job and I had no complications and felt like my normal self soon after the surgery. I would strongly recommend Dr. Odom as he is great at what he does and very down to earth. He asked/answered questions that he knew I wanted to ask and made the post operative visits a cinch. I'm happy I went to the best surgeon. Thanks again Dr. Odom for a job well done!!!
Ann – Apr 05, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Albert Odom Jr, MD?
Dr. Odom – I cannot thank him enough for not only being the best surgeon/Obgyn for me, but for being the most caring, gentle, and understanding person I could have asked for. Fibroids weighed heavy on the heart during that time and for many years. I had a myomectomy in December 2019. He was able to make it light and made me feel as though I was in the best hands I could be in. I am thankful for my beautiful scars! I truly love them. I know I’m a better person because the myomectomy. Dr. Odom is attentive, analytical, ethical, knowledgeable, observant, passionate, reassuring, skillful, and wise. Thank you Dr.Odom for all that you give to your patients! God Bless you.
Kersha Sessions – Mar 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Albert Odom Jr, MD?
Dr. Odom is a very professional, attentive, and thorough doctor. Prior to my appointment with Dr. Odom I had been to my GYN at that time several times about the pain and discomfort I was feeling with no relief. I was told about Dr. Odom. Making an appointment with Dr. Odom was one of the best decisions I have ever made. On my first appointment after examination he came in and sat down and discussed my findings, medication, and health conditions. He allowed me to help to decided my treatment. This was great finally I had a doctor who listened and cared about how I felt. I thank him so very much. I had to have a hysterectomy and the care was exceptional. I stayed in the hospital over night went home. The next day he called me at home to check on me. He is really caring. I have never had a doctor do this and I have been to my right share of doctors. I have already been telling my family and friends about him. Awesome doctor with great bedside manner.
Paulette Scott-Eaddy – Mar 09, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Albert Odom Jr, MD?
Doctor Odom is absolutely fantastic! He has a great personality and truly cares about the health and welfare oF his patients. His recommendations are in the patient’s best interest and he gives all available options and considerations. I would definitely recommend him to my family and friends!
Felicia in Columbia, SC – Feb 05, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Albert Odom Jr, MD?
Doctor Odom performed my acessa surgery for fibroids. He made me feel very comfortable and made sure I was informed of everything. I had surgery in May 2019 and August of 2019 my fibroids are almost gone. I saw a difference with my cycle in August as well. This surgery was the best decision I’ve made.
Sep 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Albert Odom Jr, MD?
Professionalism and expertise at its finest, I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Odom! In July 2019, I had the myomectomy procedure. Prior to visiting Dr. Odom I saw 2 additional OB/GYN who only gave me one "OPTION". In seeking a third opinion I found Dr. Odom whom gave me OPTIONS! Dr. Odom took the necessary steps to ensure I was a candidate for his recommendations including sending me for a MRI; no other doctor took the time to take those steps before. Dr. Odom was able to pinpoint and explain what would happen before and after the surgery including I would feel like a new woman! He performed a successful surgery and I feel AMAZING! My surgery was 2 hours longer than planned because he took his time to ensure all remained as planned. I am simply grateful for Dr.Odom, and because of him I now have my healthy uterus again! Thanks to Dr. Odom and his staff for the follow-up and the wonderful card I received after my procedure! Trust me you cannot go wrong with Dr. Odom!
T.S.B.B – Sep 04, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Albert Odom Jr, MD?
While he was a good doctor, he did not believe me when I told my symptoms of early labor. And the nurses had to call him twice and let him know that on the next PUSH the baby would be here. But overall, he was really great. Oh and he forgot to numb my whole vagina while sewing me up from a first degree tear, so I felt quit a few pinches.
J. Allen – Jul 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Albert Odom Jr, MD?
Dr. Odom and his staff, both at his office and the surgery center, are absolutely amazing! They have taken such great care of me during the last couple of years. He has gone above and beyond with his care, to calling me back personally to answer questions and checking on me personally the instant I got out of post op recovery!! He is kind and informative and all around a wonderful doctor to trust with your health!!
Lezlee M. – Jun 05, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Albert Odom Jr, MD?
Where do I begin? Albert Odom is A#1. His Anesthesia team, Nurse staff, Teches are STELLAR!!! Had total hysterectomy this morning 2/14/19 at 7am. Awoke to no pain, scant amount of bellbutt soarness that was taken care of. He managed my pain before and just before I woke up. Staff at Palmetto Parkridge Hospital were amazing. Attentive, professional and caring. Palmetto Parkridge Hosp. Out did themselves with the care they provided. I definitely recommend them and DR.A ODOM
Kerra in Camden, SC – Feb 15, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Albert Odom Jr, MD?
Great doctor and staff. Thx so much
Cassandra Samuels in COLUMBIA, SC – Jan 24, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Albert Odom Jr, MD?
I had my uterine fibroids removed and the surgery went very well. I stayed in the hospital overnight. The scaring was minimal. My stomach muscles was sore for about 4 days, after that I could move around with minimal help. I would definitely recommend Dr.Odom for this surgery.
Octavia in Columbia, SC – Dec 27, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Albert Odom Jr, MD?
Dr. Odom is awesome and very friendly ! I first met him 10 years ago and he performed a myomectomy due to fibroids. This surgery went well and i healed with no problem. Unfortunately fibroid sufferrers will experience new ones. I went to him again in June 2018 and he discussed all options with me so that I could make the best decision. I chose to have a hysterectomy. He was able to do it robotically which was a blessing and so far so good, feeling like i will have my life back.
Tiffany in SC – Oct 11, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Albert Odom Jr, MD?
Dr. Odom is an experienced physician with great bedside manners. I have fear and become extremely anxious at doctor appointments. He is able to calm my nerves and assure me that it's nothing to worry about. I've been with him and Nurse Donna for about 10 years now and will travel 30 minutes away just to see them. Out of my four c- sections his office has done extremely well with 2 of my surgeries(2 of them were with another practice). Great practice even better doctor.
K. Roundtree in Columbia, SC – Aug 24, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Albert Odom Jr, MD?
Dr. Odom is a Blessing to me. I was told by some other women that my kind of surgery would be painful & bloody; however, they all assured me that it was totally worth it. Dr. Odom performed my surgery and I have very minimal scarring & pain, and I did not see a single drop of blood. His work is thorough, he has great bedside manner, and he addressed all of my concerns.
Sandra W. McCray – Aug 22, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Albert Odom Jr, MD?
I've been a patient of Dr. Odom's for over twenty years, he's an excellent doctor. He listens to my concerns and offers solid patient care. I've recommended him to friends and family because of the care I receive from him and his staff.
Rachel Bourke in Columbia, SC – Aug 13, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Albert Odom Jr, MD?
He’s the best! So kind and caring as well as very clear in his explanations of medical concerns.
Laura Hunt in Columbia , SC – Aug 09, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Albert Odom Jr, MD?
If I could give more than 5 stars I would. Dr Odom has been my doctor for 26 years and he has always made me feel more than just a patient. He takes whatever time is needed to be sure he has gone over everything and answered all my questions at my appointments. If I ever have a question that is not an emergency, I will send an email and he will get back to me that day. Even his office is really good about returning phone calls. I don't know what I am going to do when he retires.
Kelly Phillips in Lexington, SC – Aug 08, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Albert Odom Jr, MD?
There are doctor and there are doctors. Dr Odom was my fifth opinion, some gynecologist had written my case off while some said a hysterectomy was my option but Dr Odom was an exception, he examined me, went through my ultra sound MRI and together we decided that an open myomectomy was going to be better. He took out multiple fibroid, surgery was successful. He is genuinely kind caring and personable. His bed side manner is impeccable and he has a great team. I felt so safe and at peace with him
"J" in columbia, SC – Aug 06, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Albert Odom Jr, MD?
Dr. Odom is wonderful! There truly are not enough words to describe how wonderful he is. His patience and love for his patients is evident from the moment he greets you to the moment he leaves. I would and have recommended him to family and friends!
Columbia, SC – Aug 30, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Albert Odom Jr, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Odom Jr?

• Obstetrics & Gynecology