Dr. Albert Chong, MD

Dr. Albert Chong, MD

Orthopedic Sports Medicine  |
Dr. Albert Chong, MD is an orthopedic sports medicine doctor who practices in Pomona, CA. He is 42 years old and has been practicing for 17 years. Read his story

160 E Artesia St Ste 360

Pomona, CA 91767

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Caremore Medical Group
  • Health Net

Learn about Dr. Chong

See how frequently Dr. Chong performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Fracture
Knee Disorders
high
Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome or Knee Pain
high

Dr. Chong's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Chong's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Chong "Albert Chong, M.D. specializes in sports medicine and arthroscopy. He graduated Phi Beta Kappa from Stanford University in 1996. Afterwards, he received his medical degree from the USC Keck School of Medicine and finished his residency at the University of Southern California. He returned to SOAR/Stanford University to complete a sports medicine fellowship, where he acquired additional expertise in arthroscopic procedures. Dr. Chong has helped to provide care to professional athletes, including those from the NFL, MLB, and US Gymnastics. He has served as an orthopaedic consultant to the ATP (Association of Tennis Professionals), and he was an assistant team physician for Stanford University and Santa Clara University. Dr. Chong is board-certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery in both Orthopaedic Sports Medicine and Orthopaedic Surgery. He was appointed the Sports Medicine and Arthroscopy Expert for LiveSTRONG, and he is a regular contributing writer. He was given a Patients' Choice Award in 2012 and Compassionate Doctor Recognition in 2013. Dr. Chong has been selected by his peers for inclusion on the Super Doctors ® list since 2015. He was also named a Castle Connolly Top Doctor in 2017. Dr. Chong enjoys volunteering his time and skills, both locally and abroad. He has had numerous students and residents do rotations with him. He also has served as a Clinical Instructor in Orthopaedic Surgery at the University of Southern California, where he was awarded the Francis J. Schiller, M.D. Voluntary Faculty Award. He visited rural China on a medical missions trip, where he performed corrective surgeries and also instructed local doctors. Among Dr. Chong's areas of expertise are shoulder stabilizations, rotator cuff repairs, knee and elbow ligament reconstructions, meniscus repairs, and cartilage transplants. He also specializes in arthritis and joint replacements of the knee, hip, shoulder, and elbow."

This content was provided by Dr. Chong "I look forward to having the opportunity to work with you, and to helping you achieve your best possible musculoskeletal health. My goal is to return you to an active, pain-free lifestyle. This can range from professional level athletic activities to simply walking around the house without pain. I believe that patient care is a partnership. I want you to play an active role in your own health, so I encourage questions and concerns. When you leave the office, I want you to be completely satisfied with the treatment plan that we have come up with together. To achieve this goal, I combine a comprehensive evaluation with patient education. As the saying goes, a picture is worth a thousand words. I diagram each step of the problem and/or treatment. Our office can also provide you with patient education materials or websites that give you added appreciation of your condition and treatment options. Oftentimes, the options are non-surgical. I work closely with physical therapists in the area and I can refer you to ones who will give you the best chance of healing without surgery. If you do require surgery, we will discuss the procedure, rehabilitation and expectations in detail. I always tell my patients - it's 50/50%. I do the surgical part, and you do the rehabilitation part. Both are equally important. I also believe that although I am the doctor, God is the ultimate healer."

• Orthopedic Sports Medicine

• Broken Arm
  • Bunion
  • Clavicle Fracture
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lupus

• Shoulder Replacement
  • Shoulder Resurfacing
  • Shoulder Stabilizations
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

No malpractice history found for California.

• Stanford University

• USC Francis J. Schiller, MD Voluntary Faculty Award, 6/23/2010
  • Computed tomography study of radial head morphology, March 2008

• Mandarin
  • Taiwanese

Dr. Chong does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Chong and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Chong's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Chong to family and friends
4.4
Dr. Chong's Performance
in Chino, CA |
My first visit with Dr. Chong I felt confident I found an Orthopedic surgeon that could operate on my torn meniscus. The office staff was friendly. The wait was not long at all. Dr. Chong performed my knee surgery without any complications. One of my easiest surgeries yet. I highly recommend Dr. Chong for any of your Orthopedic needs.
Pomona, CA |
Dr Chong is a hack doctor who does not care about his patients. I had a medical emergency but he was unable to see me because he was on vacation and he had left no doctor on call. The office refused to let me see another doctor on staff because they have a no in office policy. I would avoid this office at all costs.
in Chino Hills, CA |
I had a shoulder cuff tear that needed to be repaired. My initial meeting left me unsure, but it was only the personality that I was unsure about. Got a second opinion, it agreed that surgery was needed and I went ahead with Dr. Chong as the surgeon. My experience with him and all of the staff at Pomona Valley Outpatient Surgery was exceptionally positive from the moment we arrived until we left the facility several hours later. I would absolutely recommend Dr. Chong; an excellent surgeon.
in Covina, CA |
Dr. Chong performed a revision shoulder labrum anthroscopic surgery on me after a different doctor did a very poor job the first time I had it done. I was in a tremendous aount of pain before Dr. Chong performed the surgery and now I can honestly say 6 months after Dr. Chong's surgery I now feel the best I ever have in 2 years! I cant thank him enough he is such a magnificent doctor! Im so glad I had the privilege of meeting Dr. Albert Chong.
in Chino Hills, CA |
My mother was referred to this office from her primary doctor, when she called to make an appointment the receptionist who answered the phone was COMPLETELY RUDE, I told my mother to cancel it and we called her primary doctor to refer her somewhere else!
in Chino Hills, CA |
This was my second time going to Dr. Chong. He is an amazing surgeon who I would highly recommend.
in Ontario, CA |
I was referred to Dr. Chong by my physical therapist and I'm very glad they sent me to him. He was very clear about my diagnosis and took the time to talk me through it and my treatment options. I never had a problem getting a timely appointment, and never spent a long time waiting for my appointment at the office. I will definitely go back to him in the future if the need arises!
Ontario, CA |
Very satisfied with the care received from Dr. Chong. I would highly recommend him to any one with a meniscus tear. He will fix you right up!!!
in Pomona, CA |
I had two elbow surgeries with Dr. Chong, the second being a radial head replacement. I really appreciate his straightforwardness, how efficient he is. Initially the front office staff was a bit unsavory but he's seemed to have straightened that out and they are an absolute pleasure to work with, friendly and respectful. Dr. Chong is a pretty incredible surgeon. A huge thank you to him AND his staff! You guys are awesome and congratulations on the new office!
Have you seen Dr. Albert Chong, MD?
Are you Dr. Chong?

Visit Dr. Chong

Dr. Chong accepts 11 insurance carriers
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
    Aetna EPO
    Aetna POS
    Aetna PPO
    Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield POS
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
    Blue Cross Blue Shield POS