Dr. Alben Goldstein, MD

Dr. Alben Goldstein, MD

Rheumatology | Male

Alvin G Goldstein MD 611 S Carlin Springs Rd Ste 202 Arlington, VA 22204 Get Directions

Dr. Alben Goldstein, MD is a rheumatology doctor who practices in Arlington, VA. He is 71 years old and has been practicing for 46 years. Dr. Goldstein is affiliated with Virginia Hospital Center.

Dr. Goldstein's Experience

See how Dr. Goldstein's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Goldstein

Dr. Goldstein accepts 10 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Goldstein has admitting privileges.

Dr. Goldstein's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Goldstein to family and friends
Dr. Goldstein's Performance
in Arlington, VA |
Dr. Goldstein is a good person great doctor really explained my illness and have great staff
Dr. Goldstein has been my doctor for over 30 years. Without his help, I would not be able to function (I am a physician). I recommend him highly. He listens, is compassionate, respectful and responsive. 6 stars!
in Alexandria, VA |
I have seen Dr. G for several years. I have many problems. A few times I have needed to see him ASAP. After talking to him his staff would always fit me into his schedule for that day. Years ago he gave me his cell number incase his office was closed & I had an emerg. I never intended to use it, but 1 Sunday I had an emerg. and I called his cell and L/M. He called me back a few hours later & apologize for the delay he was sick in bed. He was sick yet he called me & took care of me. Hes Great!
Dr. Goldstein is an excellent doctor but if your in pain and looking for narcotics. I strongly advise you to look elsewhere as he randomly drug tests and will not prescribe opioids. He will use alternative treatments and refer you on to addiction treatment or pain specialist. Just a heads up.
in Alexandria, VA |
After so many years of been in pain I found my Angel Dr. Goldstein. I went to so many Doctors before I found him. I was given so many medications by the other Doctors for pain which all were antidepressants and caused me to become suicidal. Dr. Goldstein gave me my life back by prescribing the right medications. I really recommend him to others, very loving and caring Doctor. Thank you Dr. Goldstein and staff for my excellent care.
in alexandria, VA |
thanks to dr goldstein getting me to the right people saved my life. i had been in and out of fairfax hospital numerous times and they couldn't find out what was wrong . dr goldstein and his staff always show a great deal of concern for not only me but all his patients that i notice. i would recommend dr goldstein to anyone that would need his services and if anyone has a complaint with dr goldstein and his staff then they have problems with themselves.
in Woodbridge, VA |
Dr. Goldstein has literally made me cry two appointments in a row. Today was the last straw. I wasn't doing anything wrong, just simply asking about my treatment and expressing my concerns about interactions (I have many different illnesses) and he just gets totally irrationally angry and starts yelling at me. It wasn't unexpected; he's always this way with me. Very irritable, slouches back in his chair with his eyes shut. He told me my illnesses were my fault and there's no cure. Done.
in Arlington, VA |
Dr Goldstein is a wonderful and caring Doctor. Yes, the waiting time could carry on a little more than usual, but once its my turn and I'm in his office he makes it ALL about me. My doctor listens to my concerns and guides me as to what I can do to live a comfortable life. Plus he has a great team in his office. I wouldn't want another doctor.
Have you seen Dr. Alben Goldstein, MD?
Are you Dr. Goldstein?

Compare Dr. Goldstein

Dr. Goldstein's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Rheumatology
  •  Board certified in Geriatric Medicine, Internal Medicine and Rheumatology
  •  Sanctions found

No malpractice history found for Virginia.

Sanction

Dr. Goldstein has received 1 sanction

• Disciplinary action in another state (12/25/2006)
    • Action Taken: Revocation
    • Summary: Dr Alben Glazer Goldstein; License # 195302

Nature of Complaint:

The Physician has been the subject of disciplinary action in another state.

The Physician has been disciplined in the State of Virginia for professional misconduct.

Action Taken:

The Board has Revoked the Physician's license to practice medicine in the State of New York.

• State: New York

• Adhesive Capsulitis
  • Dermatomyositis
  • Gout
  • Hepatitis B - Immune Response
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Lupus
  • Malaise and Fatigue
  • Muscle Weakness
  • Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist
  • Osteoarthritis of Hands
  • Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh
  • Polymyalgia Rheumatica (PMR)
  • Polymyositis
  • Raynaud's Disease
  • Reiter's Syndrome (Reactive Arthritis)
  • Sarcoidosis
  • Sjögren's Syndrome
  • Still's Disease
  • Systemic Sclerosis
  • Temporal Arteritis
  • Trigger Finger
  • Vasculitis

SUNY Upstate Medical University (Syracuse)

Graduated in 1971

Dc General Hospital

Completed in 1972

Georgetown University Hospital

Completed in 1974

Hadassah Hospital Med Center

Completed in 1975

• French

Dr. Goldstein does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Goldstein and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Rheumatology