Dr. Alan Zhang, MD

Sports Medicine ·  Male

Dr. Zhang

UCSF Orthopedic Institute

1500 Owens St San Francisco, CA 94158

Dr. Alan Zhang, MD is a sports medicine specialist in San Francisco, CA. He graduated from Ucsd and specializes in sports medicine and orthopedic sports medicine.

Dr. Zhang accepts

No malpractice claims found for California

Check if Dr. Zhang treats your condition or procedure

• Baker’s Cyst
  • Clavicle Fracture
  • Coccygeal Pain
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Excision of Scapula, Clavicle, Rib, or Sternum
  • Knee Arthroscopy
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Ligament Injuries
  • Knee Surgery
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Shoulder Tendinitis and Tenosynovitis
  • Systemic Chondromalacia
  • Tibia and Fibula Fractures
  • Wrist Fracture

I treat patients with sports injuries of the hip, knee or shoulder using advanced, evidence-based medicine. If surgical treatment is needed, I utilize minimally-invasive arthroscopic procedures to help achieve optimal results.

• Sports Medicine

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Zhang

Dr. Zhang?
Dr. Zhang's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Alan Zhang, MD
From the moment I entered to the moment I had my final checkup, I was consistently thrilled with the kind, attentive, professional care I received. Dr. Zhang and his team attended my every need, and I had nothing but positive experiences with my surgery and care.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Zhang, MD?
Dr Zhang and his team are professional, competent, caring, and knowledgeable. I had surgery to repair my ACL and meniscus. The facilities, supporting infrastructure, and patient follow-up have all been great across the diagnosis, operation, and post-op steps. Definitely recommend!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Zhang, MD?
Dr. Zhang is absolutely incredible! After months of living in stress, pain, and agony dealing with Worker's Comp, due to a labral tear that occurred while opening a restaurant (OTJ), Dr. Zhang was my saviour! He is hospitable, knowledgeable, professional, and more. This being my first major surgery, his staff put my mind at ease and have helped with both pre and post-op recovery; making sure that I have been well taken care of through this journey. Thank you for giving me my life back Dr. Zhang!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Zhang, MD?
I suffered from pain due to FAI in my hip for several years. One surgeon said that arthroscopic surgery wouldn't help in my case and recommended a hip replacement instead which I didn't want to do. I met Dr Zhang because of a recommendation of a yoga student who recently got arthroscopic surgery by him and he seemed confident that this procedure would be helpful in my case. Just got it done. Recovery was much less painful than expected. Walked without problems a week after procedure. Great team.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Zhang, MD?
Dr Alan Zhang beey kmowledgeable in his field. For me, I gelt very safe and confident and I will recover soon. Post surgery had limited pain, nothing I could handle. Thanks expertise of Dr Zhang, my expeirence with him was almost seemleas.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Zhang, MD?
I had hip arthroscopy for FAI and after 12 days I was walking no crutches. Dr. Zhang is very informative and the process was like a well oiled machine. Questions we answered quickly as well! I felt taken care of. Surgery lasted only an hour.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Zhang, MD?
Dr Zhang was pleasant, and explained my procedure fully and in a way that I could understand. The procedure went great. Dr Zhang is the best and his office truely thought of everything. I couldn’t be happier
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Zhang, MD?
He listens patiently. Most importantly, I found that he checks old health record of mine to analyze my current problems.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Zhang, MD?
He is the best. He is warm and humble. He gives you ghe confidence that everything is going to be fine and it does. He did my acl and miniscus surgery and it was smooth. There is barely a scar, it was like done by an artist.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Zhang, MD?
Dr. Zhang was a delight. He is very professional, provides very helpful information and does a great job of listening. He has a laid back personality that made me very comfortable with asking questions.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Zhang, MD?
I had a partial lateral meniscus tear that Dr. Zhang operated on. Everything went smoothly and I was able to stand for 8+ hours 3 weeks later when my wife delivered our first baby. Dr. Zhang's bedside manner is spot on as well and through the entire consultation, pre-op, op and post-op I felt well taken care of and at ease.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Zhang, MD?
Hands down the most highly skilled, patient, informative and involved Doctor I’ve ever had. I would recommend him without hesitation to anyone who needs his services
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Zhang, MD?
Dr Zhang is everything I could want in an orthopedic surgeon. He took my issues seriously, even though, at nearly 70, I am no young athlete. He explained clearly what was causing my knee issues and how minor arthroscopic surgery would help. He also recommended a special brace to slow down the process of arthritis. I was up and weight-bearing within 24 hrs after surgery, no pain, and very little discomfort.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Zhang, MD?
Dr. Zhang was incredibly helpful throughout the entire process of repairing my ACL/meniscus tears. From initial consultation to surgery to post-op, he was very kind, informative, and professional. He was also very receptive to questions and I never felt like I was one patient among many. I'm only 3 weeks out of surgery and I barely have any scarring as well. Really just an all around great experience with this guy
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Zhang, MD?
Super happy with the overall care experience. Hip arthroscopy operation and recovery went very well. Painless and problem free.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Zhang, MD?
Dr. Zhang and his entire staff are top rate. There is absolutely nothing that I would change beginning with my consult, through the surgery, and now my after care. They 100% know what they are doing and make me feel very cared for - even at 350miles away. Dr. Zhang is very professionaL and very personable. He & his staff are ALWAYS on time, but at the same time, never make me feel rushed. GREAT EXPERIENCE!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Zhang, MD?
Over my lifetime I've encountered many doctors after having a car accident 13years ago that increased. I have been to many different hospitals and had multiple surgeries. After a new injury i saw my regular orthopedic doctor and he said my knee was one of a kind and needed an extensive surgery that he would not do and didn't know anyone that could help me. I was sent to Dr. Zhang. He was kind great bedside manner and was very detailed in the process for surgery and after I am beyond impressed!!!
Great in all ways.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Zhang, MD?
Dr. Zhang made me feel comfortable and confident about my diagnosis and treatment plan/surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Zhang, MD?
Great experience working Dr. Zhang. Calming and direct and gets to the issues and then gets them resolved. This has been one of the best experiences dealing with a medical issue ever. The whole staff is top notch.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Zhang?