Dr. Alan Wan, DO

Dr. Alan Wan, DO

Oncology  |
Male

Dr. Alan Wan, DO is an oncology doctor who practices in Dekalb, IL.

Northwestern Medicine Regional Medical Group

• HFN
  • LifeSynch
  • UniCare

Learn about Dr. Wan

See how frequently Dr. Wan performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Breast Diseases
Blood Disorders
high
Anemia

Dr. Wan's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Wan ""Better people means better experiences. Our care team is committed to delivering results that change lives." "

• Oncology

• Breast Cancer
  • Central Nervous System Lymphoma
  • Cervical Cancer
  • Cholangiocarcinoma
  • Chronic Myeloid Leukemia (CML)
  • Coagulation Disorders (incl. Hemophilia)
  • Colorectal Cancer
  • Gynecologic Cancer
  • Head and Neck Cancer
  • Hodgkin's Disease
  • Hypercoagulable State
  • Immune Thrombocytopenic Purpura (ITP)
  • Kidney Cancer
  • Pancytopenia
  • Polycythemia Rubra Vera
  • Pregnancy-Related Disorders
  • Primary Central Nervous System Lymphoma
  • Primary Hypercoagulable State (incl. Factor V Leiden Disease)
  • Prostate Cancer
  • Stomach Cancer
  • Stomach Diseases
  • Stomach and Small Intestine Cancer
  • Testicular Cancer
  • Throat Cancer (Oropharyngeal)
  • Thrombocytosis
  • Thyroid Cancer
  • Tongue Cancer
  • Tonsil Cancer
  • Urinary Disorders
  • Uterine Diseases

• Bone Marrow Biopsy
  • Thoracentesis

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• Nova Southeastern College Of Osteopathic Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated
  • Franciscan St James Health
  • Franciscan St James Health
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Wan has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Wan does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Wan and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Wan's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Wan to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Wan's Performance
in Sycamore, IL |
I was diagnosed with breast cancer and seen by Dr Wan. He spends a lot of time with his patients. He did with me. He was very thorough, answers all questions and addressed all my concerns. Thanks to Dr Wan and the wonderful Northwestern Kish cancer center staff, I made it through chemotherapy and am doing very well. I will always be thankful and appreciative of the care I was shown. I would definitely recommend Dr Wan and his staff. They were a light at a very dark time in my life!
Was treating my wife for small cell lung cancer, he is a fast talker and knows everything so listen to what he says. he used false statistics when discussing immune based therapy treatment with my wife, made it sound more effective than it really was. He talked her into the second round of immune based therapy which she had and two days later when we went for an appointment he stated that she was to weak for a treatment, that was the last time we saw him. treated her more like a lab rat.
I believe we set out in fall of 2016 regarding a diagnosis of a very aggressive disorder. We had 2 objectives after I had analyzed and your wife's diagnosis and prognosis. She wanted to attend your daughters wedding and see your grandchild born. We achieved both of those circumstances. She walked down the aisle for your daughter's wedding on her account to me. She fought for 9 months with advanced disease, aggressive disease. I am sorry for family's loss.
in Rochelle, IL |
Dr Wan is treating my colon cancer. He is very personable. He always makes a point to come and see how I am doing during Chemo days and tries very hard to stay on time during clinic. He has a very calming presence. He is very knowledgable. He is patient and listens.
in Rochelle, IL |
Saw Dr Wan at Rochelle office. This was very convenient. With several changes at Kish hospital. It's been nice to have Dr Wan be so personable, easy to talk to, and kind. He listens and really knows his stuff. I feel very confident and feel well regarding options for care.
in Rochelle, IL |
I would definitely recommend Dr Wan to people I know. He is very thorough and addressed all my needs. He is currently treating my lung cancer.
in Greencastle, PA |
I seen Dr Wan for 1 1/2 years and he gave me excellant care and went above and beyond to save my life. He fought for me and along side me and made me feel protected during my fight. I miss him terribly but hope but I know that anyone who now has him as their oncologist is very lucky because he has the knowledge and hunger for the fight and will do everything he can to help beat cancer.
in Sycamore, IL |
Receiving treatments with Dr Wan for Breast Cancer. When others had given up on me, he brought fresh ideas and innovation. With Northwestern Medicine, Dr Wan has refreshed a bit of hope. He has excellent bedside manner as well. He communicates with patients very well. He listens and tries to think of all possibilities.
in Hagerstown, MD |
Dr Wan treated both my mother for Esophageal Lymphoma and my father for Colon cancer. Though both my father and mother ultimately lost their battle to cancer, Dr Wan encouraged them throughout their journeys. Our experience with Dr Wan is that he is very upfront about diagnosis/staging/treatment. He listens and tries to address your problems. He cares. I still remember that he called me after hours and during holidays as I requested to know my parents' results as soon as they were available.
in Hagerstown, MD |
Dr Wan and Dr Jung treated my lung cancer and my husband and I have nothing but kind words for Dr Wan. He truly helped me through the most difficult ordeal in my life. I am grateful for his compassionate care and many hours dedicated to treating me.
in Clearspring, WV |
Treated me for Lung Cancer. Had multiple rounds of chemotherapy. Dr Wan was compassionate and caring. He listened to my needs and focused on my particular goals for care. I continue to do well because of him. He was very patient with my visits and I never felt rushed. Routinely, he would spend time going over multiple options for treatment to help find one which would best for my quality of life. I drove an hour to see him routinely. He was one of the best physicians I have had.
in Hagerstown, MD |
Dr Wan treated me for a blood disorder. He was very responsive and has been very helpful with recommendations with treatment. Since he has moved back to IL it has been difficult to find another doctor like him that spends the time talking to you and explaining everything. I felt very comfortable with his treatment plan and his treatments were very effective for my condition.
in North Aurora, IL |
Treated by Dr Wan at Kish Cancer Center with oral cancer. Provided excellent service. Cancer center staff, nurses, and Dr Wan were very responsive to my needs. Dr Wan was very understanding of the difficulty with side effects with treatment. He provided me with excellent care of not only my cancer, but also support from fluids, nutrition, supportive medications. He really makes every effort to help as much as he can.
in DeKalb, IL |
Had an excellent experience with Dr Wan. Received chemotherapy for breast cancer. He was there to guide me and my family through every step of the way. Excellent bedside manner. Explained how to help take care of side effects with treatment. Also spends a lot of time helping us understand disease and treatment recommendations.
in DeKalb, IL |
Reviewed my diagnosis, staging, and spent a lot of time discussing with me treatment options at fore front of medicine. Also, new cancer center now with Northwestern Medicine. Felt very comfortable with Dr Wan and the cancer center staff!
in Mercersburg, PA |
Ended up with Dr. Wan in Hagerstown for my Mom with pancreatic cancer. She had already spent many weeks traveling to Baltimore for radiation & chemo. Wanted compassionate care close to home. She didn't receive it from Wan. She also suffered from dementia. He was very insensitive to this scolding her for being mean to his nurses and threatened to record our visits. I would not return to him with any of my family members. Smug and uncaring.
in Boonsboro, MD |
Excellent physician spends more than 20-30 minutes with my office visit. Listens carefully and has truly helped me through some of the toughest times in our family. Treated both my wife and me for cancer. I am in remission. My wife continues to battle. Dr Wan has truly been wonderful.
New York, NY |
Fast talker who doesn't want or welcome questions. He has all the answers, but doesn't even read or care about the patient's medical history.
Have you seen Dr. Alan Wan, DO?

Visit Dr. Wan

Hospitals where Dr. Wan has admitting privileges

Northwestern Medicine Delnor Hospital
300 Randall Rd
Geneva, IL 60134

More Oncology Specialists like Dr. Wan at Northwestern Medicine Regional Medical Group

Hematology Specialist