Dr. Alan Tuckman, MD

Dr. Alan Tuckman, MD

Orthopedic Foot & Ankle Surgery  |
Dr. Alan Tuckman, MD is an orthopedic foot & ankle surgery doctor who practices in Ephrata, PA. He is 53 years old and has been practicing for 27 years.

175 Martin Ave Ste 315

Ephrata, PA 17522

• Advantra
  • Capital Blue Cross
  • Federal Employee Program (FEP)
  • Geisinger Health Plan

Learn about Dr. Tuckman

See how frequently Dr. Tuckman performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Achilles Tendinitis
Ankle Sprains and Strains
Ankle Sprain and Achilles Tendon Sprain or Rupture

Dr. Tuckman's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Orthopedic Foot & Ankle Surgery

• Foot Sprain
  • Gout
  • Hammer Toe
  • Heel Spur
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Marfan Syndrome

• Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Closed
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Revision of Shoulder or Elbow Replacement
  • Separated Femoral Epiphysis Treatment

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

• Union College
  • Albert Einstein Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1995
  • Emory Clinic
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1996

Dr. Tuckman has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Tuckman does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Tuckman and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Tuckman's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Tuckman to family and friends
4.4
Dr. Tuckman's Performance
in Ephrata |
I would recommend Dr. Tuckman to everyone! He is so friendly and most of all thorough. My surgery experience was excellent and I was confident I chose the best surgeon for the job.
in York, PA |
Love Dr. Tuckman. Had Metatarsophalangeal joint fusion March 10,2017 . I'm so thankful to him and his team, Brian Walters and Adrienne Carnahan PA-Cs. He really desires to help people feel better and he is thorough and very meticulous! Need surgery on other foot and will definately see Dr. Tuckman! Great team! Foot doing well and arthritus pain free!
in New Providence, PA |
Dr. Tuckman was very matter of fact regarding the repair of my broken heel bone. He was completely up front about possible outcomes. I am very please to say that the operation was a success and I am well on my way to the fullest recovery possible. I would highly recommend Dr. Tuckman to anyone suffering a sever ankle/foot injury requiring surgery, based on my experience with him and his office personnel!
Very knowledgable and friendly
in Wyomissing, PA |
My wife and I as well as both of my children have been patients of Dr. Tuckman for over 10 years. He has always been personable, compassionate and really knows his stuff. He has always educated us about the problems and seems to focus on the non-surgical options first. I would strongly recommend his without reservations. I guess everyone has different experiences, but our family's has been 5 stars. I've also referred a number of patients to him over the years and they would say the same. You are
in Manheim, PA |
I had a procedure on my foot called capsular arthroplasty. Everything went perfectly and I had great healing with no complications whatsoever. Would highly recommend Dr. Tuckman.
in Lancaster, PA |
Dr. Tuckman was very thorough and professional throughout my surgical and follow-up experience. My foot surgery was successful and I would definitely recommend him to others who are suffering from foot and ankle problems.
Harrisburg, PA |
Dr. Tuckman and his associate Brian changed my walking pattern by casting my ankles and providing me with permanent braces to continue my improved walking habits. Their treatment changed my life. Literally!
in Blandon, PA |
Have been a patient of Dr. Tuckman's for over 6 years. He was the one to finally diagnose my condition of CMT. Have had 5 major operations on both my feet to literally reconstruct them. And am now able to walk with the help of braces. He has been nothing but professional, caring and listening to my needs. At no time have I ever felt rushed when with him. I have recommended him to various people who have come back and thanked me for that recommendation. Can't say enough good things about him
in Mount Joy, PA |
I visited Dr. Tuckman last year when I started experiencing discomfort in my right foot. I thought my problem was a bunion, but after having X-rays taken, was told that my problem was more involved. I was told what needed done surgically to correct the problem and also spoke to someone who had this surgery done and recommended Dr Tuckman. Excellent job done by an excellent physician. Glad I chose Dr Tuckman and recommend him highly!
Every visit i had with this office was horrible and will be getting one star for each visit i review, As some others have reported i too was stuck with Mr tuckmans horrible Pa-c Mr walters for my first two visits. The Pa-c ended up giving a wrong diagnosis my first visit all because he cut me off and did not let me finish talking which included vital information, That's visit one i'm disrespected cut off and given wrong diagnosis to sum it up.
in Mohnton, PA |
i was referred to Dr. Tuckman by my PCP who I trust greatly. I was not disappointed he was professional from my very first appointment. My feet are so bad from plantar fascia surgery that should never have been done. I now can function normal, I would refer any one to him, no problem.
in Lancaster, PA |
I would ( and have) recommend Dr. Tuckman to our friends and family. He is very professional, knowledgeable and efficient. He worked very well with me. He performed an ankle replacement and reconstruction, including heel realignment and tendon repair. I had no pain and am currently in PT with the LOG team. Very satisfied with the whole process.
in Lancaster, PA |
Friendly, professional, very willing to answer any questions - very pleasant interaction both pre and post op
in Lancaster, PA |
Condition initially misdiagnosed by another doctor who recommended inappropriate physical therapy which ultimately caused the Achilles tendon to separate, resulting in severe pain and inability to walk properly. Dr. Tuckman replaced the tendon with one he crafted from fascia surrounding muscle in my leg. He directed and monitored physical therapy which I followed religiously. Recovery results exceed my and my family's expectations and, I suspect, Dr. Tuckman's as well. Communications A+
Blandon, PA |
Dr. Tuckman is very professional. He takes the time to talk on your level so you understand the procedures that you will be going through. His personality is friendly , caring, and courteous.
in Holtwood, Pa. 17532 |
He did an operation on my foot and ankle. My leg and foot are almost straight. I would recommend him to anyone that wants a great doctor.
in Mt. Joy, Pa |
After a first referral from another physician that recommended surgery, Dr. Tuckman was more conservative re treatment. No surgery was recommended. Instead placement in a short cast and the repetitive stretching of my Achilles tendon he recommended worked really well reducing swelling and all pain. Very pleased with his care and concern re my injury. Would highly recommend him!!!!!
Reading, PA |
After 9 years, 4 different Dr's and 1 surgery, Dr. Tuckman was recommended by others and I decided to see what he could do for my right foot. After assessing my injury and pain, it was decided to cast my foot for 1 month, with improvements made after 2 weeks. Dr. Tuckman explained to me more in 15min. than all the 4 others told me in 9 years. he explained exactly what was needed for healing. I feel comfortable and confident with Dr. Tuckman and feel I have finally found the right Dr. to help me.
in Lancaster, PA |
It's been 5 years since Dr. Tuckman 2 complex surgeries on my feet. I have had no pain since and am doing great! I saw him today to check out a minor cyst & was glad he seemed pleased with how I'm doing.
in Manheim, PA |
Dr. Tuckman did an outstanding job with my surgery and follow up care.
in ephrata pa |
Saw Dr. Tuckman for a calcaneous fracture without insurance. Lack of communication with the staff and was given a surgery schedule from the hospital before even talking to the surgeon. Expressed pain and burning and discomfort just to be told to deal with it and come back with insurance ina few months.
Have you seen Dr. Alan Tuckman, MD?
Are you Dr. Tuckman?

Visit Dr. Tuckman

Dr. Tuckman accepts 15 insurance carriers
  • Advantra
    Select
  • Capital Blue Cross
    Coventry Health America PPO
  • Federal Employee Program (FEP)
  • Geisinger Health Plan