Dr. Alan Slepian, MD

General Surgery | Male

ALAN T SLEPIAN MD 146A Manetto Hill Rd Ste 102 Plainview, NY 11803 Get Directions
Dr. Alan Slepian, MD
Dr. Alan Slepian, MD is a general surgery doctor who practices in Plainview, NY. He is 56 years old and has been practicing for 31 years. Dr. Slepian is affiliated with North Shore University Hospital, Saint Joseph Hospital and Plainview Hospital.

Dr. Slepian's Experience

See how Dr. Slepian's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Slepian

Dr. Slepian accepts 21 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Slepian has admitting privileges.

Dr. Slepian's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Slepian to family and friends
4.4
Dr. Slepian's Performance
farmingdale, ny |
Excellent and Professional Service from Doctor and all Office Staff
in East Meadow NY |
STELLAR SURGEON AND STAFF! My husband and I are supremely grateful to Dr. Slepian, his medical assistants, and secretaries. Each of them is wonderfully compassionate. The office staff is amazingly efficient, friendly, and kind. Dr. Slepian is an outstanding surgeon! You don't feel rushed when speaking with him, and he's very communicative. His skill is phenomenal. My husband has just a thin scar from the hernia repair and no surgical complications. Thank you to the entire medical staff!
Wallkill, NY |
He should not be "practicing" on patients. I wonder how he sleeps at night.
in Hempstead, NY |
I had to have emergency surgery and Dr. Slepian was my Surgeon. He made me extremely comfortable and assured me that the surgery would be a success and not to worry. He also told me that he successfully completed the surgery more times that I can count. He was very professional and showed that he cared. I would trust him again, again, and again.
in West Babylon, NY |
Was able to get a same day appointment....walked me through every step...Highly recomended
in Oakdale, NY |
After performing life-saving surgery on my 86 year old mother in November 2016, Dr. Slepian guided her through an amazing and complete recovery by mid-December. Our family was highly impressed with his skill, vitality, friendliness, and accessibility. Both Dr. Slepian and his staff were, at every step, devoted to providing calming and comprehensive care. Best doctor I've ever met. Thank you so much to the entire crew!
in Massapequa, NY |
when I met Dr.Slepian in the emergency room he had to explain to me how my life was in danger and that he would correct my problem. I don't easily trust strangers but I felt confident in putting my life in Dr.Slepians hands ,I found out he spent most of the nite on my surgery till sunrise Im told and he cameto check on me daily ,He even took the time to encourage me to give up some unhealthy habits ,and his caring manner has given me a healthier appreciation of life.
in Oyster Bay, NY |
Exceptional surgeon with a caring approach. Wonderful thoughtful and friendly staff.
in West Islip, Ny |
Dr. Slepian saved my life! he was performing a simple appendectomy when he saw something suspicious. It turned out to be a cancerous tumor. Dr. Slepian removed it and I have been cancer free ever since. He is a wonderful caring doctor!! He listened to my concerns and explained everything in detail. He spent a lot of time with me until I was comfortable.
in Hicksville, NY |
Dr. Slepian is an excellent surgeon. His bedside manner and very caring ways helped to relieve my stress about gallbladder surgery. His staff is very nice too. I would recommend Dr. Slepian.
in Farmingdale, NY |
Dr. Slepian is a kind and caring doctor. He has great bedside manner and a fun sense of humor. I had an appendectomy due to a burst appendix. Dr. Slepian explained everything in patient and easy to understand terms. My sincere thanks to Dr. Slepian and his caring staff. I would highly recommend Dr. Slepian!
in Nassau, NY |
His staff is awesome, great with reminders, flexible working with me and my hours. Dr. Slepian performed two medical procedures on me (in office and in hospital). He was a skilled professional and I feel great now post surgery. He helped eliminate all fears, he helped describe all options, he is easy to talk to - and most importantly his his his passion for his job shows not only through his successful work but through his happy outgoing professional demeanor.
in Farmingdale, NY |
Had a malpractice that let me to end up in the E-room. Dr Slepian perform a colonoscopy on me. From the time I enter the emergency room to the post surgery, he has not only been an exceptional practitioner but also an amazing human being. He truly cared about my recovery and was with me throughout the whole process. During my colonoscopy reversal I experience the same treatment, kindness and caring from him. I have been seen by many Doctors because of many illnesses I have, but never met someone
Have you seen Dr. Alan Slepian, MD?
Are you Dr. Slepian?

Compare Dr. Slepian

Dr. Slepian's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in General Surgery

• Appendicitis
  • Breast Cancer
  • Breast Lump
  • Burn Injuries
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cholecystitis and Gallstones
  • Neuroendocrine Tumors
  • Pancreatic Cancer
  • Partial Lung Collapse
  • Peripheral Arterial Embolism and Thrombosis
  • Peripheral Vascular Disease (PAD, PVD)
  • Phlebitis and Thrombophlebitis

Mt Sinai

Completed in 1987

Mt Sinai

Completed in 1991

Dr. Slepian does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Slepian and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• General Surgery

• Appendectomy, Laparoscopic
  • Appendectomy, Open
  • Axillary Lymph Node Dissection
  • Bile Duct Procedure
  • Breast Surgical Procedure
  • Colectomy
  • Colon and Rectal Surgery
  • Enterostomy (Laparoscopic or Open)
  • Esophageal Surgery
  • Gastrotomy
  • Hernia Repair
  • Incision and Removal of Foreign Object
  • Inguinal Hernia Repair, Open
  • Intestinal Transplant (incl. Enterectomy)
  • Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure