Dr. Alan Schechter, MD

Dermatology | Male

Dr. Alan Schechter, MD

Dr. Alan Schechter, MD is a dermatology doctor who practices in Manalapan, NJ. He is 63 years old and has been practicing for 28 years. Dr. Schechter is affiliated with Mount Sinai Hospital and Raritan Bay Medical Center.

...See Less

Dr. Schechter's Experience

See how Dr. Schechter's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Schechter

Dr. Schechter accepts 24 insurance carriers

Dr. Schechter is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Schechter has admitting privileges.

Dr. Schechter's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Schechter to family and friends
4.0
Dr. Schechter's Performance
Tobyhanna, PA |
Dr Schechter has been our Dermatologist for over ten years. Recently, my husband and I retired and moved to the Poconos. My husband has multiple skin issues and has had several skin cancers. Today we traveled back to New Jersey to Dr Schechter for our regular skin exam. We travel because we have total faith in him as a physician and person. He is one of a kind!
New York, NY |
I work in the city and used to use a dermatologist in Manhattan for years. Switched to Dr Schechter and I thinks he is terrific. He has treated me for 2 skin cancers, is always kind and personable and performs a very thorough after each exam. Terrific physician!
Brookpark, OH |
I saw Dr. Schechter for a few years until we moved out of state a few months ago. He is knowledgable, kind and caring. I have to look for someone new where I currently live and am dreading it. There are not many doctors like him. He has also treated some of my kids and was wonderful with them.
Newark, NJ |
Dr Schechter has been treating me for acne. In 2 months of taking medicines he prescribed my skin is starting to look great! I had seen another Dermatologist over the last year with so so results. He also very friendly and answers my questions.
Newark, NJ |
Dr Schechter has been treating my Acne. I have had great results with the medicines he has prescribed. He is very friendly and always seems to care. I think he is really good.
Middletown, NJ |
Dr. Schechter is truly an amazing doctor. He is extremely thoughtful and caring. He once spotted a funny-looking legion on my thigh and he preformed a biopsy. Well, it turns out that that funny-looking legion was skin cancer. He saved my life!
Miami Beach, FL |
I am very happy with Dr Schechter. I have a lot of moles and a family history of melanoma. I used to see another Dermatologist who would do multiple biopsies on every visit and all the results came back normal. I have numerous scars to show for it. Dr Schechter who has been my doctor for the last year has been closing following me and has not done any unnecessary procedure. He has even sent me for special digital analysis to confirm his exam. Great Doc and really honest!
Red Bank, NJ |
Dr Schechter started treating me for Psoriais last year. I did not want to take any more oral medicines that my prior dermatologist had prescribed. Dr. S. started me on photo therapy My skin has never looked so good!
I trust Dr. Schechter, but his office staff is totally incompetent. They forget to call with Biopsy results. They did not set up my surgical appointment as they promised. Did not return my message left on their answering machine.
in Monroe Township, NJ |
Misdiagnosed me. Refused to look closely at skin condition. Instead prescribed me a pesticide for Contact Dermatitis which was the diagnosis of a real dermatologist the next day. When I called to tell them this they said he prescribed me a steroid and it could be used for poison ivy. Anyone that would use a pesticide for posion ivy would have to be insane. A doctor telling you that it is ok to use instead of admitting his incompetance is downright dangerous.
in Englishtown, NJ |
I will never recommend Dr.Schechter to my friends and mu family!!! Because of the rudeness and obnoxious of his staff.They are careless people. My biopsy report came to the office with Cancer diagnose,they called me after more then 3 weeks!!! Ridiculous!!!!
Have you seen Dr. Alan Schechter, MD?
Are you Dr. Schechter?

Compare Dr. Schechter

Dr. Schechter's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Dermatology
  •  Board certified in Dermatology

Dr. Schechter has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

Why It Matters: Dr. Schechter's Board Certifications

• Dermatology

• Acne
  • Actinic Keratosis
  • Allergic Reaction
  • Athlete's Foot
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Basal Cell Carcinoma
  • Keloid Scar
  • Lichen Planus
  • Lipomas
  • Melanoma
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Molluscum Contagiosum Infection

Completed in 1990

Mount Sinai Hospital

Completed in 1993

• French

Dr. Schechter does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Schechter and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Dermatology