Dr. Alan Rubin, MD

Psychiatry •  Male • Age 72

Dr. Rubin

A. Lawrence Rubin, M.D.

520 Franklin Ave Garden City, NY 11530

Dr. Alan Rubin, MD is a Psychiatry Specialist in Garden City, NY. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Rubin to book an appointment.

Dr. Rubin's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Rubin

0.821917808219178%
0.821917808219178%
7.945205479452055%

Dr. Rubin?
What People Say About Dr. Alan Rubin, MD
Dr. Ruben is a kind and compassionate doctor I am a fairly new patient of his and he has made me feel comfortable from the first meeting he asked the right questions a great listener. I have done so much better in the short time I’ve been seeing him. I recommend him highly.
Jv – Jun 19, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Rubin, MD?
Dr. Rubin takes his time to listen to his patients. He helps them to achieve their goals by working with them find solutions to their problems. Whether it be time management or a more complex matter. He is very approachable, shows great compassion, and easy to talk to.
Erica – Jun 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Rubin, MD?
From the first time I met with Dr.Rubin I felt comfortable, this was my firs time ever seeing a psychiatrist. I am also a provider in the mental health field so I was a little nervous. He is very patient, non-judgmental, attentive to how well the medication works for me. He is very friendly and sometimes I even forget I'm in a session. Dr. Rubin also does not only focus on medical management but checks in on other areas in my life that may affect my depression. Thank Dr. Rubin!
Emma – May 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Rubin, MD?
Dr. Rubin has been an immense help with learning to control my depression and anxiety. Things were very dark for a bit there but our sessions and his commitment to solving and easing my pain has really been invaluable.
Paul McGrath – May 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Rubin, MD?
Dr Rubin is very attentive and helpful
May 04, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Rubin, MD?
I've been seeing Dr. Rubin for almost a year now and he immediately helped me by first adjusting my medication and prescribing me a new one. He has a lovely bedside manner. Dr. Rubin is very professional, patient, and kind. I was originally recommended to him as a psychiatrist that takes my insurance, but I was pleasantly surprised that he is also a very good psychiatrist. I highly recommend him.
Dora – Mar 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Rubin, MD?
Dr. Rubin is great! Visits with him are pretty short and to the point, but he is patient, thorough, and kind. He's also one of the few Psychiatrists I've found in NYC who takes insurance, which was a tremendous relief. Between his bedside manner, his method of treatment, and the ease with which you can get in touch with him/his office manager, I couldn't recommend Dr. Rubin more highly!
Dec 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Rubin, MD?
Dr. Rubin is compassionate and proficient in diagnosing and treating psychological problems. He has helped me numerous times when I experienced episodes of depression and anxiety.
Warren Sicherman – Dec 06, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Rubin, MD?
I have been under Dr. Rubin's care for the past year, and my life has completely changed for the better because of it. I am in a stressful profession, am a competitive amateur athlete, and Dr. Rubin has been able to provide me with a specifically tailored approach to address my particular needs. I am very grateful and appreciative for the progress that I have been able to make because of him; he's the best.
Nov 25, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Rubin, MD?
I’ve been under Dr. Rubin’s care for a year and a half. Though I see a therapist medication was needed to help me stop crying constantly over anything, getting angry over anything and generally not being the person I always have been. His assessment of my personality was right to the point. We have adjusted several medications to help me feel like my old self again. Family and friends have commented how happy they are to have me back!! Plus, you don’t sit in the waiting room for hours but he will definitely give you the attention you need during your visit time. You are never rushed and I’m so happy that he has helped me get back to normal. Thank you, Dr. Rubin!
Angela in Long Island, NY – Nov 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Rubin, MD?
Amazingly caring and very skilled diagnostician and psychopharmacolgist. Great sense of humor but of most importance deeply listens and attends to what is needed. The best
Julie – Nov 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Rubin, MD?
For the past two and a half years, I've suffered from a daily headache, which no doctor has definitively diagnosed. I've seen over ten specialists, trying a variety of different medical regimens to manage my pain to no avail. This was until I had the pleasure of meeting and becoming a patient of Dr. Rubin's a year ago. As you could imagine, due to my health I was suffering from depression for the first time in my life, which was only aggravating my chronic pain condition. I had taken a year medical leave of absence from work, was highly considering leaving a doctoral program I had worked my whole life to get into, and almost ended a five year relationship with my now fiancé. With his expertise and phenomenal listening skills, Dr. Rubin helped me manage my pain and emotional state to the point where it is now tolerable and no longer debilitating. While still am pursuing the underlying cause of my condition, Dr. Rubin has helped me resume and prosper in my life until that day comes.
Elaine – Nov 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Rubin, MD?
I recently started seeing Dr. Rubin and have to say that in this short time period he has helped me enormously with prescribing the correct medication that my previous Dr. couldn't seem to figure out. I in a very short time period approximately 2 months he has done for me what another Dr. couldn't do in almost 2 years. I am so grateful to Dr. Rubin for his expertise in diagnosing me and prescribing the medication that has given me my life back. Thank you
Joanne Taylor – Oct 24, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Rubin, MD?
Dr Ruben is easy to talk to, with a very likable personality. I am treated with courtesy, respect and dignity.
Oct 10, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Rubin, MD?
I saw Dr. Rubin for almost a year. I decided to go back on my medication after becoming pregnant and nursing for 15 months because I was going on the academic job market in the fall and finishing my PhD. Dr. Rubin did his own assessment in our intake, but then listened to what medications worked for me in the past and agreed to try them again with no judgement (one was a controlled substance--but I was having severe panic attacks). Over the course of being his patient, I successfully navigated the job market (ended up with the tenure-track job--total shock) and completed my PhD. In my experience, he was often ahead of schedule and always saw me within 5-10 minutes of my arrival. He takes his job seriously and is no nonsense in terms of asking the specific, required questions about how you you have been feeling since the last appointment--but he has a lot of compassion for his patients and experience doing his job. I wish I could still see him from VA!
Jul 30, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Rubin, MD?
Dr. Rubin is a very friendly and patient doctor. He always provides advice and anticipates needs. When I arrive he remembers my history and backstory and is able to follow-up on any changes (if any). He is extremely accommodating and works with you to solve the issues you bring to him.
Kyle – Jul 29, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Rubin, MD?
A year ago I would have said 4. I don’t know if he has his notes mixed up but I have not felt well for a while and found out about a year ago about a fairly serious medical issue. He kept telling me it was anxiety as it seems that’s what the medical community tells anxious women. Told me I overreacted once to go to ER after pooping blood. My medical condition Is hard to treat so I have recently been referred for a lot of tests. He has had me on same med for 2 years. Said he doesn’t feel I am making progress so he can’t treat me anymore and he has patients with more serious health problems than me that cope better. I tried to pull out my phone to show him medical results and remind him. He sarcastically said “ what are you doing with your phone?” Did not give me another referral or offer to see me until I found someone else. He is inconsistent- can be very kind but then seems completely frustrated and then goes and dumps someone vulnerable with no warning. So disappointed
Jun 03, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Rubin, MD?
Dr. Rubin has a very kind but direct manner, which I appreciate. In the initial visit, he asks a series of about 100 questions that help him zero in on a diagnosis. I went to see him after 2.5 months of misery, and he had me feeling almost completely better within about 3 weeks. He gave me a diagnosis that my other previous doctors had missed, but which makes sense to me and seems to have been spot on. After another 7 months, I'm still feeling great. Dr. Rubin listens well and really understands what I tell him. After decades in practice, he has a wealth of experience to offer. I really feel I am in good hands with him. He pairs a sharp mind with a gentle soul.
May 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Rubin, MD?
After waiting five weeks for an appointment, he rufused to continue speaking with me because I do not give out my social security number. I freely provide my health insurance ID number.
Apr 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Rubin, MD?
Dr. Rubin was very patient and reassuring when I was struggling with my mental health. Thanks to him I am now feeling much better. I would highly recommend him to anyone in need.
Apr 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Rubin, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Rubin?

All patients must be heard and appreciated as individuals. Their goals may differ. Their priorities may differ. The manner in which they experience their illness and the words they use to describe their experiences all differ. The clinician must be p...

• Psychiatry