Dr. Alan L. Rubin, MD

Dr. Alan L. Rubin, MD

Psychiatry | Male | 69 years old

All patients must be heard and appreciated as individuals. Their goals may differ. Their priorities may differ. The manner in which they experience their illness and the words they use to describe their experiences all differ. The clinician must be prepared to listen carefully and to know his patients as individuals. They must share the same goals, the same understanding of the individual so that the patient may trust the doctor and accept his help.Read more

Dr. Rubin's Experience

See how Dr. Rubin's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Rubin

Dr. Rubin accepts 5 insurance carriers

Dr. Rubin's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Rubin to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Rubin
Dr. Rubin's Office & Staff
    Under 10 minutes (246)
in East Meadow NY |
A very smart and kind doctor. Listens very carefully, shares his thoughts, deep respect and consideration for your experiences. Very quickly you feel care, empathy and interest. Very personable. Highly recommend
in New York, NY |
Dr. Rubin is amazing! He really cares about me as a person and as a patient. Together, we have reduced my symptoms dramatically. I recommend him to anyone who is looking for an amazing psychiatrist.
in FRESH MEADOWS |
Dr Rubin has been extremely helpful in helping me help myself
in Brooklyn, NY |
Dr. Rubin is fantastic! He has helped me to regain control of my anxiety. A very difficult task, I might add. It is very rare to find such a gifted and wonderful Psychiatrist. I would never go anywhere else
Brooklyn, NY |
Very satisfactory
in mineola, ny |
Dr Rubin is thoughtful and understanding. He listened to what I had to say and provided a treatment plan that works. My anxiety and panic attacks prevented me from enjoying the simple things in life. With his help I've never had such a great outlook on the future.
in New York, NY |
In 7 years I have been to different psychiatrists but none have been as good a listener or at offering a sound professional opinion as him. I have been seeing Dr. Rubin for a while now and I plan to continue.
in Mineola ny |
After a hysterectomy I became a different person. I never believed anxiety was real nor did I ever feel it before my surgery. Dr Rubin has helped me understand it and with his help I am now managing it and working my way back to the person I was. I would recommend him to anyone! I suffered a year before deciding to make an apt and my only regret is that I didn't seek his help sooner. Thank you dr Rubin
in New York, NY |
Dr. Rubin takes time to listen to you and provide thorough advice. I have never left his office with any outstanding questions and he often anticipates issues that may arise from any prescribed medications and helps you to manage them. He follows up often on topics we discuss and cares about his patients.
Dr.Rubin was absolutely wonderful. I have nothing but good things to say about him and my experience as his patient. He is a very smart, compassionate doctor who made me feel comfortable and well taken care of. I would definitely recommend him and would use him again in the future when needed.
in Brooklyn, NY |
I have been going to him for 11 years. I suffered from panic attacks and was constantly crying. he prescribed 2 medicines and it worked. I got my life back! he is a very kind, soft spoken doctor. he is very easy to talk to. he has helped me so much. He has saved my life, thank you Dr. Rubin
Atlanta, GA |
Helped me find the right meds after 12 years of treatment by other psychiatrists.
in Astoria, NY |
Through my personal experience dealing with Dr. Rubin, I can easily that he is one of the greatest psychiatrists currently in practice in NYC. He is knowledgable, caring, skilled, and compassionate. Scheduling appointments is very easy. The penthouse for his nyc office is always clean and neat. I trust every decision Dr. Rubin makes when it comes to medications being prescribed. If you are looking for a psychiatrist, GO TO DR. RUBIN! HE'S THE BEST OF THE BEST!!
in New York, NY |
I have been going to Dr. Rubin for 4 years and is absolutely wonderful. He is so kind and really takes the time to know his patients. He is always on schedule which is a big plus! My previous Doctor kept me waiting for hours. But I've never waited more than 5 minutes for Dr Rubin. He is very professional and really knows his stuff. He has changed my life! Several of my friends and family members see him as well and I would recommend him to anyone.
in Merrick, NY |
I have contacted this doctor twice and not received a response. Yet he claims to be accepting new patients. This response is aggravating my condition as he is not the only psychiatrist ignoring requests for appointments. I did mention my health insurance plan. Does this indicate a passive aggressive response to not wanting to deal with insurance?
in Babylon, NY |
The doc was treating our daughter and during this time, she had a very bad night, reaction to medicine, etc... My wife called to review this and left a message. The next day the doctor saw my daughter and told her he couldn't treat her any longer and kicked her to the curb. This was very irresponsible because my daughter needed help and also to start moving off the drugs gradually, not be told he couldn't help her. We thought that's what a psychiatrist is supposed to do? Would not recommend him
in East Meadow, NY |
Dr. Rubin saved my life. He gave me the appropriate medication and I feel great! I would recommend him to anyone.
in Garden City, NY |
I have going to Dr Rubin for more than 5 years. He has been very helpful with controlling my Panic attacks. I would recommend him.
in Staten Island, NY |
I had the worst experience in my life with this doctor. His secretary scribbled a 1 or 2 sentence message on a fax I sent him when I did not hear from him telling me he no longer wished to treat me only a few days before I was scheduled to see him again. I ended was without medication and suffered severe insomnia and anxiety before I found another doctor. I ended up filing a complaint against him with the NYD Department of Health's Office of Professional Conduct. He is horrible!!
in Woodbury, NY |
Excellent doctor. Dr. Rubin has helped me manage my issues through treatment. I have the utmost confidence in his decisions and he has made me feel comfortable and trusting in him since my first visit. Dr Rubin always greats me with a warm smile and my visits with him have been the absolute best healthcare experiences I've had with any doctor. Dr Rubin and his staff are well organized and the scheduling process is always a pleasure. If possible I would rate him over 5 stars!
Have you seen Dr. Alan L. Rubin, MD?
Are you Dr. Rubin?

Compare Dr. Rubin

Dr. Rubin's Care Philosophy

Dr. Rubin says...

I have special training in diagnosing and treating psychiatric illnesses. I received this training as Chief Resident of the Psychiatric Research Unit of Yale University, School of Medicine.

There are no laboratory tests that can be used to select a psychiatric treatment. All treatments are based upon a careful evaluation. Since different illnesses may share common symptoms, only a complete and thorough evaluation can distinguish one illness from another.

Different psychiatric illnesses may have special treatments. Therefore, in order to select the right treatment the doctor must know the specific illness he is treating.

Often patients who believe they are treatment-resistant have never been given the right medication at the right dosage. These people may respond quickly once the right medication is started.

Dr. Rubin's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Psychiatry
  •  Board certified in Psychiatry

Dr. Rubin has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for New York.

Why It Matters: Dr. Rubin's Board Certifications

• Psychiatry

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Impulse Control Disorders
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Panic Disorder
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases

New York Universiry
  • Other Education
    New York University, Masters In Public Admistration

Completed in 1994

Dr. Rubin does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Rubin and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Psychiatry