Dr. Alan Rubin, MD

Psychiatry ·  Male · Age 71

Dr. Rubin

A. Lawrence Rubin, M.D.

520 Franklin Ave Ste 211 Garden City, NY 11530

Dr. Alan Rubin, MD is a psychiatry specialist in Garden City, NY and has been practicing for 35 years. He graduated from Univ Of Pa Sch Of Med in 1980 and specializes in psychiatry and pharmacology.

Dr. Rubin accepts

Dr. Rubin accepts the following insurance:

AvMed

• Adjustment Disorder
  • Autism
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Impulse Control Disorders
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Panic Disorder
  • Personality Disorders
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Schizophrenia
  • Schizophreniform and Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Schizophreniform Disorder
  • Separation Anxiety

All patients must be heard and appreciated as individuals. Their goals may differ. Their priorities may differ. The manner in which they experience their illness and the words they use to describe their experiences all differ. The clinician must be p...

• Psychiatry

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Rubin

Dr. Rubin?
Dr. Rubin's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Alan Rubin, MD
A year ago I would have said 4. I don’t know if he has his notes mixed up but I have not felt well for a while and found out about a year ago about a fairly serious medical issue. He kept telling me it was anxiety as it seems that’s what the medical community tells anxious women. Told me I overreacted once to go to ER after pooping blood. My medical condition Is hard to treat so I have recently been referred for a lot of tests. He has had me on same med for 2 years. Said he doesn’t feel I am making progress so he can’t treat me anymore and he has patients with more serious health problems than me that cope better. I tried to pull out my phone to show him medical results and remind him. He sarcastically said “ what are you doing with your phone?” Did not give me another referral or offer to see me until I found someone else. He is inconsistent- can be very kind but then seems completely frustrated and then goes and dumps someone vulnerable with no warning. So disappointed
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Rubin, MD?
Dr. Rubin has a very kind but direct manner, which I appreciate. In the initial visit, he asks a series of about 100 questions that help him zero in on a diagnosis. I went to see him after 2.5 months of misery, and he had me feeling almost completely better within about 3 weeks. He gave me a diagnosis that my other previous doctors had missed, but which makes sense to me and seems to have been spot on. After another 7 months, I'm still feeling great. Dr. Rubin listens well and really understands what I tell him. After decades in practice, he has a wealth of experience to offer. I really feel I am in good hands with him. He pairs a sharp mind with a gentle soul.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Rubin, MD?
After waiting five weeks for an appointment, he rufused to continue speaking with me because I do not give out my social security number. I freely provide my health insurance ID number.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Rubin, MD?
Dr. Rubin was very patient and reassuring when I was struggling with my mental health. Thanks to him I am now feeling much better. I would highly recommend him to anyone in need.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Rubin, MD?
Dr. Rubin is a pill-pusher. He has no expertise beyond psycho-pharmacology. If you want a pill, he's for you. But don't delude yourself into thinking he knows more than the pharmaceutical company salesmen have told him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Rubin, MD?
Dr. Rubin is a wonderful psychiatrist. He helped me get through a tough time when no one else could. He is very patient and did a full assessment of my current condition and how to properly treat it. He is extremely patient and conducts a thorough evaluation, diagnosis and recommended plan of action. Dr. Rubin also makes himself available via text and email to answer any questions, issues, or concerns you may have. I highly recommend Dr. Rubin for those in need of mental care!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Rubin, MD?
Dr. Rubin is fantastic. He did a full assessment of my needs and continues to do so each appointment. He is patient and thoughtful in his diagnosis and recommended plan of action, and takes into account your personal experience as well as medical history. His assistant is also super accessible via text - answering questions and sending appointment reminders.
Amazing!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Rubin, MD?
He is very thorough with his exam/assessment. And he made me comfortable from my first appointment. I never feel rushed every time I see him. He’s an active listener and is very compassionate. He has helped me through my darkest days.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Rubin, MD?
Dr. Rubin is a kind, knowledgeable physician. He explains in an easy to understand way the treatment plan he believes is best to help you. I would definitely recommend him to friends and family.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Rubin, MD?
Dr. Rubin is incredibly knowledgeable, thorough, and empathetic. He seems to take a “whole-person” approach and does not treat you like just another patient. He will work to figure out what best for his patients and will make adjustments accordingly. His assistant Reva seems very sweet also.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Rubin, MD?
Dr. Rubin is an expert in his field. Very approachable and will get you in and out within your appointment timespan.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Rubin, MD?
Great Dr. is actually interested in what you have to say. Does not just push you out the door with meds.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Rubin, MD?
Dr. Rubin is an excellent psychiatrist and truly cares about the well-being of his patients! He helped me make sense of my symptoms and guided me towards a solution without any pressure.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Rubin, MD?
Dr. Rubin works with you to get you on a track towards your goals. He is invested in your health and in your personal relationships. I would recommend Dr. Rubin to a friend or family member.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Rubin, MD?
Dr Rubin is extremely knowledgeable and patient. He has been an excellent dr and I’ve seen quite a few.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Rubin, MD?
Warm and personal along with being extremely knowledgeable. Makes my appointment very personal by remembering me and my situation. Makes me feel hopeful Prior to prescribing Dr Rubin makes sure what I am about to take interacts properly with my other meds. Highly recommend Dr Rubin! Feel refreshed after my visit
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Rubin, MD?
Patient, insightful and easy to schedule around. Visits are not a simple 10 minute discussion and a prescription renewal, unless you want them to be. Highly recommended.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Rubin, MD?
Dr. Rubin has a kind, caring way of interacting with me that helped me relax and open up about my problems.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Rubin, MD?
Can't say enough positive about Dr. Rubin. He is kind and compassionate, and is clearly an extremely knowledgeable and skilled clinician. His office staff is quick to respond, they communicate by text messaging which makes it unbelievably convenient, and I got exactly the help I need. I hope you never need a psychiatrist, but if you do, Dr. Rubin absolutely has my strongest recommendation.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Rubin?