Dr. Alan Rubin, MD

PsychiatryMaleAge 73

Dr. Rubin

A. Lawrence Rubin, M.D.

520 Franklin Ave Garden City, NY 11530

Dr. Alan Rubin, MD is a Psychiatry Specialist in Garden City, NY. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Rubin to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Psychiatry Specialists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Low Wait Times
    Patients are usually seen in 10 minutes or less.
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

No malpractice claims found for New York

Psychiatric Evaluation

Dr. Rubin performs Psychiatric Evaluation more than 80% of his peers

Dr. Rubin performs this procedure more than 80% of his peers

Psychological Evaluations Prior to Bariatric Surgery

Dr. Rubin performs Psychological Evaluations Prior to Bariatric Surgery more than 80% of his peers

Dr. Rubin performs this procedure more than 80% of his peers

Dr. Rubin's conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcohol Misuse Screening and Counseling
  • Alcohol or Substance Misuse Screening and Counseling
  • Autism
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Dementia or Depression Screening
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Impulse Control Disorders
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Panic Disorder
  • Personality Disorders
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Schizophrenia
  • Schizophreniform and Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Schizophreniform Disorder

Dr. Rubin accepts

Dr. Rubin accepts the following insurance:

Select

Dr. Rubin's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Rubin

87.71929824561404%

Dr. Rubin?
  • Listened & answered questions (351)
  • Trusted the provider's decisions (348)
  • Explained conditions well (346)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (27)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (23)
  • Appointment was rushed (22)
Kind and supportive doctor - helpful care contributing to broad improvements in personal and professional life.
Apr 28, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Rubin, MD?
I've been working with Dr. Rubin for almost a year. He is the BEST. He's wise, experienced, efficient, and precise (and has an awesome sense of humor!!), all the while being extremely professional. Dr. Rubin did an awesome job assessing and diagnosing me. He's the kind of person who makes conversation and appointments effortless. Every session feels like we're just old friends catching up. I always feel so much better after speaking with him :)
Feb 16, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Rubin, MD?
I receive treatment for ADHD with Dr. Rubin. He's a friendly guy and I've seen lots of improvement under him. Highly recommended!
Feb 04, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Rubin, MD?
Dr. Rubin is a life saver!!!! He is brilliant doctor and helped me to be myself again! God Bless you!!!!! His experience and kindness is priceless! thank you!!!!!
Irina – Jan 31, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Rubin, MD?
On my way to meet Dr. Rubin for the first time almost a year ago, I was a little nervous to meet a new psychiatrist. However, Dr. Rubin put me at ease in a way that felt genuinely effortless, and he still does. Beyond the baseline of being good at his job, he is also pragmatic and has given me practical and effective advice. Without Dr. Rubin's help, I might have lost my job: instead, my ability to function in this world has improved significantly.
JT – Jan 15, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Rubin, MD?
Dr. Rubin is the best! I’ve been seeing him for many years and he consistently takes my thoughts and feelings into consideration to come up with plans that work for me. Dr. Rubin is caring and extremely knowledgeable in his field, I can always count on him! He saved my life! Five Hundred stars. Thanks Doc!
alon kakoraiev – Jan 07, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Rubin, MD?
I have been seeing Dr. Rubin for over a year, he is the best. He did a fantastic job assessing and diagnosing me, all the while maintaining the highest degree of professionalism. Appointment with Dr. Rubin feel like catching up with an old friend and I always feel better after meeting with him.
Matt – Jan 07, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Rubin, MD?
Dr. Rubin is a wonderful man. I have found him to be kind, compassionate and attentive. To me these are the qualities that make a great doctor.
Brian – Dec 26, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Rubin, MD?
Dr. Rubin is the best! I’ve been seeing him for over a year and he consistently takes my thoughts and feelings into account to come up with plans that work for me. Dr. Rubin has a fantastic approach, I love working with him. Oh, And there is always a short wait time! Five stars.
Dec 25, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Rubin, MD?
Dr. Rubin is the best! As a student with a full-time job, he always encourages me to make sure that I don't overwork myself and keep my mental health in mind. I struggled with Bipolar Disorder for years before going to see Dr. Rubin. It has been about a year and a half since he started me on a new medication that has changed my life. With Dr. Rubin's help I've been able to live my life without my mental illness always holding me back.
Dec 16, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Rubin, MD?
Been working with Dr Rubin for almost a year now. Best choice I could've made for my mental health. He is thorough and genuinely cares about how best to prescribe you. 100% recommend.
Jason R – Dec 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Rubin, MD?
Very good doctor he has experience knowledge, and patience. Highly recommend him!
Dec 09, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Rubin, MD?
Dr. Rubin is always thoughtful, kind, and ready to listen. He is also patient and ready to help with any issues you may be dealing with. I always look forward to our sessions.
KC – Dec 09, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Rubin, MD?
Dr. Rubin is an extremely understanding psychiatrist. As someone who has been going through a lot of physical and emotional stress, depression and anxiety, Dr. Rubin has been able to create a safe and open environment which makes it easier to talk about my symptoms without any fear of judgement. Despite it being a doctor to patient relationship, Dr. Rubin really does go out of his way to make sure you are doing okay, checks on your life as a whole, and explains everything clearly and in detail without making the appointments themselves feel "rushed" or "forced". And as for someone who has visited a myriad of different doctors and specialists over the years, I have never experienced something like this before and it is very much appreciated especially when it comes to dealing with something like mental health. Due to the pandemic, the appointments are done through Zoom and you are able to message his assistant anytime regarding any questions or concerns that you may have.
Dec 08, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Rubin, MD?
As all of us reading this website know, finding good (and affordable) mental health care can feel like a part-time job. It is stressful and demotivating to have to repeat your story over and over to each new doctor, most of whom you feel no connection to. My search was over the moment I met Dr. Rubin - he is a godsend. For the first time, I finally felt heard, understood, and safe enough to disclose my "stuff." He's also the first psychiatrist who has insisted on an integrative approach to wellness with my other physicians! I've never had a psychiatrist care enough to request my blood test and physical results, but it makes total sense why he'd need them in order to properly diagnose and treat me. Our meetings have been entirely by Zoom due to the pandemic, but his kindness transmits over the format as well. You'd do well to give him a try. He's the one for me, and I truly believe he'll be the one for you too.
C.T. – Dec 04, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Rubin, MD?
He has a great manner and I feel in safe hands with Dr. Rubin. I see him for Adult ADD. He's definitely taken the trouble to understand me as an individual and tailor my treatment, particularly to my concerns around substance abuse. As a result, we've now dialed in a successful course that hasn't been adjusted for more than a year. He's also alleviated the extent to which I struggle being frustrated by the condition through teaching me more about its symptoms - in particular, circumstantial thought and speech. I couldn't believe there was a name for what I was groping around in the dark with all this time. I thought I just sucked. But, now I can better observe myself with colleagues and clients and get to the point quicker and more mindfully.
Dec 04, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Rubin, MD?
Dr. Rubin is very insightful and takes the time to ask a lot of questions to truly get the full picture! He is very easy to talk to and made me feel very comfortable during our appointments. Since we are in the era of covid, our appointments have been over facetime. This has been very convenient for me, without losing the integrity of the session.
Nov 30, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Rubin, MD?
Dr. Rubin has been treating me for chronic low grade depression and chronic anxiety for over a year. During this time, he was extremely responsive and receptive to my complaints about certain medications working or not working and we adjusted multiple times until we hit the jackpot. Throughout the pandemic and quarantine, treatment has continued seamlessly with the help of his assistant and he was flexible enough to let me pay the copays through Venmo. He was always professional and diligent in asking the objective questions but also interested in learning more about my life and personal issues. I have read the negative reviews and found that (i) he was not dismissive at all; (ii) there are issues with insurance and that is expected, one should be more patient with those things; (iii) he has pushed me to give him bloodwork and ECG results to make sure my health is unharmed by the medication. Overall, a great psychiatrist that I would highly recommend.
Rafael Silva – Nov 26, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Rubin, MD?
Dr. Rubin is not only knowledgeable about psychiatry but also therapeutic lifestyle changes that complement medication for leading a fulfilling life. He pays close attention to details during diagnosis and treatment. Dr. Rubin's in-depth understanding of medicine coupled with his ability to build rapport with his patients make him an excellent practitioner. I'm glad to have a doctor like him on my treatment team.
Nov 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Rubin, MD?
Have been seeing Dr Rubin for a while and love it. We found a cocktail that addresses my needs and have managed for a while now, however he's always been sensitive to exploring new options as I request/need them. He's been especially accommodating for emergency appointments and really makes me feel confident that my mental health needs are and will always be addressed and treated with priority. I would recommend him to any and everyone.
  • Long wait times
Roberto A Arriagada – Nov 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Rubin, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Rubin?

All patients must be heard and appreciated as individuals. Their goals may differ. Their priorities may differ. The manner in which they experience their...Read more

• Psychiatry