Dr. Alan Patterson, MD

Dr. Alan Patterson, MD

Obstetrics & Gynecology | Male

7451 Wiles Rd Ste 205 Coral Springs, FL 33067 Get Directions

I provide personalized care from one doctor. My patients always see me for their visits. My patients want someone who has the experience and the expertise and who keeps up with the latest treatments and procedures. My OB patients want someone who they can trust to give them the best care and the safest delivery and the best experience. I do many surgeries in the office which saves my patients money and it is more convenient for them.

I was born and raised in the heart land, Indianapolis, Indiana . I attended Tulane University for undergraduate work and received my BS degree in Biology and graduated Phi Beta Kappa in 1975.I went to Indiana University Medical School and received my MD degree in 1979 and did my OB-GYN residency at a very fine busy institution St Vincent Hospital and Health Care Center in Indianapolis, In. and finished in 1983. I passed my ACOG OB-GYN boards the 1st time in 1985. I practiced in Indianapolis, Indiana and was on the teaching staff at Methodist Hospital and I helped train many OB-GYN residents from 1983-1991. I moved to Boca Raton, Fl. in 1991 and joined a practice but left 1 year later to open my own office which was much better and have been in practice with offices in Coral Springs and Boca Raton from 1992 through the present. Last year I was featured on the radio show "Doctors Are Real People Too". And this summer will be on TV show about a patient and featuring me and my practice, stay tuned!

Dr. Patterson's Experience

See how Dr. Patterson's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Patterson

Dr. Patterson accepts 21 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Patterson has admitting privileges.

Dr. Patterson's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Patterson to family and friends
4.2
Dr. Patterson's Performance
in Boca Raton |
I have been a patient of Dr. Patterson's for many years. The office is always cheerful and professional and they go out of their way to be helpful and caring. I moved out-of-state and still remained with him for my yearly checkup. THE BEST!
in Tamarac, FL |
He's absolutely rude and short with people. Each time I've seen him he's short and dismissive. He doesn't want you to ask questions or have actual conversations. He gets irritated when you ask him anything about possible treatment or options. No one contacts you about test results or scheduling follow-up appointments. The only thing I like about this office is the Office Manager Kim. She is efficient, and always very helpful and patient, warm and friendly.
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
I have been going to Dr. Patterson for about 20 rears and he delivered both of my boys who are now 15 and 17. He has always been informative and takes his time explaining each visit to make you feel comfortable.
in North Lauderdale, FL |
Dr. Patterson has been my gynecologist for many years, and he also delivered my 13 yr old daughter, via emergency C-section. He knew I was a little worried because I had 2 older children through natural vaginal births, and the IDEA of a C-section was a little scary! Dr. Patterson made me feel very comfortable and at ease May 17th, 2003, and I have a brilliant, smart, intelligent, well rounded, straight A honor roll BEAUTY to show for it!!?? Thanks Dr. Patterson????
Coral Springs, FL |
Kind, caring, intelligent Dr. that is always there to answer all questions and concerns knowledgably. His office is super clean and has a wonderful staff that treats you like family!
Have you seen Dr. Alan Patterson, MD?
Are you Dr. Patterson?

Compare Dr. Patterson

}

Dr. Patterson's Care Philosophy

Dr. Patterson says...

I have been in practice for 33 years. I take care of low and high risk obstetrical patients.I have delivered more than 5600 babies both vaginal, safe vacuum- which can save you from a C-Section, and by C-Section when indicated.

I do all areas of gynecology office and in hospital and specialize in birth control, vaginitis,abnormal pap smears, bleeding problems, pelvic pain, PMS, endometriosis, basic infertility, fibroid, polyps, menstrual pain and hormone therapy. I also do cardiovascular screening, a 3 minute FDA approved finger scan covered by all insurances. Also I offer mental health screening.

I do in office minor surgery which saves my patients time & money instead of doing them in hospital that would cost the patient much more money. I do in office hysteroscopy, D&C, Tubal sterilization, endometrial ablation, leep cone biopsy, removal of endometrial polyps.

I also offer a healthy diet weight management system that my patients can follow and lose weight.

Dr. Patterson says...

I do many procedures in office many of these procedures other providers will make you go to hospital to do. I always check your benefits 1st, so you know you are covered!

I do in office hysteroscopy and endometrial biopsy & D&C to diagnose and help treat bleeding problem. Endometrial ablation where the endometrial tissue is removed to stop periods or make them much lighter. Tubal sterilization by putting coils into the tubes through your cervix so there is no cutting or pain. Leep cone to remove abnormal cervix tissue which could be pre cancer or cancer. Removal of in cavity fibroids and polyps. Freezing of vulvar warts. Injectible birth control, removal and placement of IUDs. vulvar biopsy, colposcopy of the cervix to diagnose abnormal pap smears by a painless brush technique. and other minor procedures.

I give my patients some  minor pills and medicines and a toradol injection so my patients do not have pain from these procedures. I have been doing these for a long time!

Dr. Patterson's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Obstetrics & Gynecology
  •  Board certified in Obstetrics & Gynecology

• Americas TOP OB-GYN Award, 2006,07,08
    • Whos Who Medicine, 1987,91,95
    • Phi Beta Kappa, 5/25/1975

Dr. Patterson has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Patterson's Board Certifications

• Endometriosis
  • Female Infertility
  • Genitourinary Cancers
  • Gestational Diabetes
  • HPV (Human Papillomavirus)
  • Hemorrhage from Placenta Previa
  • Lichen Sclerosis Et Atrophicus
  • Mastodynia
  • Maternal Anemia
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Migraine, Hormone-Induced
  • Multiple Gestation
  • Ovarian Cancer
  • Ovarian Cysts
  • Ovarian Diseases
  • Ovarian Tumor
  • Pap Smear Abnormalities
  • Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID)
  • Pelvic Pain
  • Perimenopause
  • Placenta Previa
  • Preeclampsia
  • Pregnancy-Related Disorders
  • Premature Birth
  • Premenstrual Syndrome
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Symptomatic Menopause

Completed in 1983

Tulane University Of Louisiana

Graduated in 1975

• Portuguese

Dr. Patterson does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Patterson and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Obstetrics & Gynecology