Dr. Alan Parks, MD

Dr. Alan Parks, MD

Dermatology  ·
Dr. Alan Parks, MD is a dermatologist in Columbus, OH and has been practicing for 35 years. He graduated from SUNY Downstate Medical Center College Of Medicine in 1983 and specializes in dermatology.Read his story

150 Taylor Station Rd Ste 250

Columbus, OH 43213

• CoreSource
  • EmblemHealth

Learn about Dr. Parks

See how frequently Dr. Parks performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Dermatitis
Skin Infections
Skin Discoloration

Dr. Parks's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Parks' bio

This content was provided by Dr. Parks "Dr. Alan J. Parks founded Eastside Dermatology & Skin Care Center and has served as its medical director since 1987. Dr. Parks is board certified in dermatology with clinical interests including cosmetic and surgical dermatology, laser treatments, BOTOX® Cosmetic, and skin cancer surgery. Dr. Parks is a recipient of the American Academy of Dermatology Community Service Award for skin cancer screening and the Edmund D. Lowney Teaching Award for teaching dermatology residents. He was also the first physician to perform purely tumescent liposuction in Columbus, Ohio. Dr. Alan J. Parks graduated from the State University of New York – Downstate Medical School in 1983. After finishing school, Dr. Parks held an internship in internal medicine at Downstate Hospitals. In 1987, he completed his dermatology residency at Ohio State University, where he served as chief resident during his final year. Dr. Parks is a fellow of both the American Academy of Dermatology and the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery. He is also a member of the Ohio Dermatologic Association and the Central Ohio Dermatologic Society, where he has previously served as president."

This content was provided by Dr. Parks "At Eastside Dermatology, we live our values every day. That means giving our patients not only the care they need, but the respect they deserve. Our philosophy of care allows our physicians and medical staff to go the extra mile and give the best service to every patient, every day."

• Dermatology

• Dermatology
    Accredited by: American Board of Dermatology*

• Destruction of Benign Skin Lesion
  • Destruction of Malignant Skin Lesion
  • Destruction of Penile Lesion
  • Excision of Skin Cancer

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Ohio.

• SUNY Downstate Medical Center College Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1983
  • Kings County Hospital Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1984
  • Oh State University Hospital
  • University Hospital SUNY Health S C Bklyn

Dr. Parks has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Parks does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Parks and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Parks' Reviews

2.5
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Parks to family and friends

Dr. Parks' Performance

FAIR

GOOD

I made my first appointment with Dr. Parks. I needed an annual skin check. From setting up my appointment with the staff, filing out new patient paperwork, and check up process, all of the staff and physician were great! Very efficient!
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
I saw Dr. Parks last week for my acne. Although acne is very embarrassing to me, Dr. Parks recommended a product that I received results in 4 days. I can't thank him enough.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
I have been going to Dr Parks for a few years now. Dr parks has always been very nice and easy to talk to about all of my concerns and his receptionists are always so nice and fun to talk to when I'm there.. I always recommend Dr Parks to my friends and family.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
I have been coming to Dr. Parks for 2 years. He has been doing my skin checks and he makes me feel comfortable every time. Everyone in his office is very pleasant. I would highly recommend him!
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Bedside manner not good. Spent less than five minutes in the room and took no time to really examine my scalp. Simply said that his five second examination told him everything. Said I had a form of Alopecia where my hair wouldn't grow back. Didn't need a biopsy of my scalp because he could tell by...more
Are you Dr. Parks?