Dr. Alan Mendelsohn, MD

Dr. Alan Mendelsohn, MD

Ophthalmology  |
Dr. Alan Mendelsohn, MD is an ophthalmology doctor who practices in Hollywood, FL. He is 59 years old and has been practicing for 35 years. Read his story

4651 Sheridan St Ste 100

• EyeMed Vision Care
  • Golden Rule

Learn about Dr. Mendelsohn

Dr. Mendelsohn's Experience

Dr. Mendelsohn's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Ophthalmology
  • Sanctions found

Dr. Mendelsohn's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Mendelsohn "Alan D. Mendelsohn, M.D. has been an ophthalmologist in Broward County for twenty-four years. He attended Northwestern University's Honors Program in Medical Education and Northwestern University Medical School, where he also completed his residency training in Ophthalmology. At the completion of this training, he was honored by the prestigious Heed Ophthalmic Foundation as one of the ten most outstanding graduating ophthalmologists in the United States. Dr. Mendelsohn and his family moved to South Florida in 1986, where he completed a Fellowship at the renowned Bascom Palmer Eye Institute in corneal transplant surgery and corneal refractive surgery. While practicing in South Florida, he has been actively engaged in organized medicine at the local, state, and national levels. He served as president of the Florida Society of Ophthalmology in 1996 and led that organization's public policy efforts for more than a decade. Dr. Mendelsohn is a fellow of the American College of Surgeons. Dr. Mendelsohn has also held numerous leadership positions in both the Broward County Medical Association and in the Florida Medical Association. He has received several national awards for his efforts and for his leadership from such organizations as the American Academy of Ophthalmology, the Florida Medical Association, and the Florida Society of Ophthalmology. Dr. Mendelsohn has written articles for numerous scientific publications and has presented his findings at international and national ophthalmology society conferences."

This content was provided by Dr. Mendelsohn "We know how important it is to provide families with the best health care possible.  Eye Surgeons and Consultants is one of the most respected ophthalmology groups in South Florida.  Our physician, Alan Mendelsohn, MD provides up-to-date eye care services with state of the art equipment in a beautiful and relaxing office setting.  We are proud of our dedicated and caring team of professionals that make up our office staff, each member having the common goal of providing the best eye care possible."

• Ophthalmology

Dr. Mendelsohn does not have any board certifications listed.

• Blepharitis

• Cosmetic Botox® Injection
  • Foreign Body Removal from Eye
  • Removal of Foreign Body from External Eye

1 Sanction
  • Disciplinary action in another state (3/22/2016)
    Action Taken: Probation
    Summary: Please reference the following Document
    Documentation: Download here (PDF)
    State: Pennsylvania

• Northwestern Center Feinberg School Of Medicine
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1986
  • University Miami Bascom Palmer Eye I
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1987

Dr. Mendelsohn has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Mendelsohn has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Mendelsohn does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Mendelsohn and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Mendelsohn's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Mendelsohn to family and friends
Dr. Mendelsohn's Performance
in Skokie, IL |
Dr Mendelsohn has a great bedside manner. He is very calm and took a lot of time explaining my symptoms to me. He also spent a great deal of time explaining to me how to protect my eyes. He is a terrific doctor, caring and kind.
Pembroke Pines |
Dr. Mendelsohn is an experienced, professional physician. I use him exclusively for my eyes. He always finds time to explain most thoroughly.
in Pompano Beach, FL |
Dr. Mendelsohn is excellent, thorough, explains diagnosis and preventive care very well. Best eye MD in Florida.
Hollywood, FL |
Dr Mendelsohn is one of my favorite doctors. He explains everything in detail and answers any question that you have. I have recommended him to several friends. Everyone that I refereed was as pleased with him as I am.
Ft Lauderdale, FL |
Dr. Mendelsohn has been my othamologist for many years and I deep I deeply appreciate his expertise and warm and friendly manner.
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
Dr. Mendelsohn and his staff run the most efficient medical office that I have ever visited. Dr. Mendelsohn always goes above and beyond to provide excellent medical care to me and my family. He also has convenient Sunday hours. We are lucky to have him as our doctor.
in Hollywood, FL |
I saw Dr. Mendelsohn a few years ago for an eye infection. When I suspected something was wrong, I went back to him because he is so thorough. I was diagnosed with cataracts in both eyes. He was able to schedule me for surgery ASAP. Within about a month both surgeries are completed, with multifocal lens implants. I have had no complications and see better than I have in years! Dr. Mendelsohn is very knowledgeable, professional and comforting.
in Parkland, FL |
Dr. Mendelsohn is reminiscent of a time when doctors cared about their patients. He has consistently gone above and beyond for my family and me. He is extremely knowledgeable about eye health and disease and never rushes his patients. He was even there for me on a Sunday morning when my eye was swollen shut. He left his house, met me for an emergency exam and resolved my issue the same day. Dr. Mendelsohn is one of kind.
in Hollywood, FL |
Such a nice friendly doctor. Explains everything
in Miami, FL |
I have known Dr. Mendelsohn for the last six years. He is an excellent ophthalmologist! His work is impeccable. I have never had an issues with any work he has performed. His office is well organized and efficient. A true professional. I would highly recommend Dr. Alan Mendelsohn !
Miami, FL |
I have been using the services of Dr. Mendelsohn for 6 years. He is extremely professional and highly competent. He has great listening skills and always willing to answer questions. I have total confidence in him and his office staff is excellent. I highly recommend Dr. Alan Mendelsohn to be your ophthalmologist.
in Hollywood, FL |
Dr. Alan Mendelsohn has been my ophthalmologist for 15 years and is the most understanding and kind-hearted doctor I've ever had. I had eye surgery with Dr. Mendelsohn and couldn't be happier with the result!
in Hollywood, FL |
Finally a doctor who takes the time to listen and explain clearly. Dr. Mendelsohn is an amazing surgeon and compassionate doctor. I was most impressed that he took the time to speak to my son who lives out of state. From my initial appointment to surgery and post operative care, Dr. Alan Mendelsohn was incredibly professional and kind. I could not be more pleased with the surgical results.
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
Doctor Mendelsohn is amazing, I first stumbled upon him when my old eye doctor wanted to charge me a "red eye" fee of $50 for an emergency staph infection. He took me right in at no extra charge and was so detail oriented!! I just recently had my year check up and my insurance changed and I am now out of network with him! I will still see him for all my eye appointments I am just that happy!!! So thank you to you and your whole team for being AMAZING!!
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
I have been seeing Dr. Mendelsohn for over 20 years and I can't say enough good things about him. He has kept a chronic viral eye infection in check for most of that time and has bent over backwards to treat it when it has flared up. He has always taken to time to treat and discuss issues as necessary and he has excellent "bedside manner". On occasions when my virus did flare up he has given me his personal cell phone number and told me to call him at anytime if I needed any help or needed to be
Delray Beach, FL |
Family members have been patients of Dr. Mendelsohn for over 35 years and managed the eye healthcare needs, including cornea surgeries, with competence, thoroughness and patient compassion. He has always remained highly informed of eye and vision research and developments and educates his patients as options/decisions need to be made. Our family confirms the faith and trust we have in his knowledge and skill, and we will travel the distance for our appointments with him.
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
I've been seeing Dr. Mendelsohn for about 10 years. I've been very satisfied with his competence and politeness. He's very thorough and his staff of assistant's and clerical support are also professional and cheerful. I have referred several friends and recently my wife for his services.
in Fort Lauderdale FL |
Have only good things to say about Dr. Alan Mendelsohn who has been the eye doctor for my wife and myself for many years. Going to his office is always a pleasant experience and we have been more than satisfied with the good care we've received. Dr. Mendelsohn is a kind, caring, thoughtful man as well as an outstanding doctor. The staff in the glasses shop is also excellent.
in Hollywood, FL |
My family and I have been seeing Dr. Mendelsohn for over 15 years. He is highly trained, very personable and thorough. His staff is excellent and efficient as well! I would not trust my eyes with anybody else.
Hollywood, FL |
Dr. Mendelsohn is a true professional. He talks you through the exam and explains all medical terms, putting his patients at ease through the process. He has an excellent bedside manner, as does his kind and friendly staff. Appointments run on time! He has been our family Ophthalmologists for over 30 years. I take my children there as well. The optometry shop has an excellent selection of glasses. And you can't beat the location, 2 minutes from I-95 off Sheridan Street. I highly recommend him!
in Teaneck, NJ |
I have a rare eye condition called called kerataconus which Dr. Mendelsohn has treated skillfully, compassionately, and thoroughly for 15 years. I fly from New York just to see him. Recommend without hesitation.
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
Dr. Mendelsohn is a very caring Doctor. Dr.Mendelsohn completed my eye surgery last year for cataracts and in-plants. Everything went smoothly with lots of follow up visits. A very talented Surgeon.
in Ft Lauderdale, Florida |
I have known Dr. Mendelsohn since 1990. He is an excellent caring physician. His office staff is efficient and friendly and the office is very clean and up-to-date. He really cares about taking care of my vision as i age.
in Hollywood, FL |
Been treated by Dr. Mendelsohn for nearly 30 years. He has excellent bedside manner, and his office staff are welcoming.
in Hollywood, FL |
Dr. Mendelsohn has been my doctor for years. Wouldn't dream of switching- the wait is always minimal, staff is nice, care is fantastic. Best decision I ever made was going to Dr. Mendelsohn's practice.
in Livingston, NJ |
Dr. Mendelsohn is extremely thorough and knowledgeable, and is a top tier surgeon. He is exceptionally caring and spends a lot of time explaining what is going on with your eye health. He's worth traveling to.
in Miami, FL |
Dr Mendelsohn is kind, compassionate and very thorough! I know that any concerns I have will always be addressed. I have had to schedule emergency appointments more than once and he always fits me in immediately. I always know with Dr Mendelsohn when I need to be concerned about my eye vision as he always updates me completely and answers all my questions. I have been a patient of Dr Mendelsohn for over twenty years and he is the only person I trust completely with my eyes
in Hollywood, FL |
Dr. Mendelsohn is a great ophthalmologist. Very careful, thorough, and caring. The entire office works quickly and efficiently - I don't spend much time waiting when I go, but he does spend a lot of time with me. I've been very pleased with my experience with him, and I'd recommend him to anyone.
in Hollywood, FL |
Dr. Mendelsohn is the BEST!!!! He takes care of three generations of my family and saw my friend in an emergency on a Sunday Morning. He explains what is happening clearly and patiently. He is very available and responsive to concerns. His staff are lovely. His hours are great; the after work hours help with my husbands hectic work schedule. Surgically, he has the best reputation and I have the results to go with it. Thank you Dr. Mendelsohn!
Have you seen Dr. Alan Mendelsohn, MD?
Are you Dr. Mendelsohn?

• Davis Vision
  • EyeMed Vision Care
  • Golden Rule
    Select HMO
  • Neighborhood Health Plan (NHP)