Dr. Alan McInnes, MD

Ophthalmology •  Male • Age 51

Dr. McInnes
3357 W Bavaria St Eagle, ID 83616

Dr. Alan McInnes, MD is an ophthalmology specialist in Eagle, ID and has been practicing for 20 years. He graduated from University Of Utah School Of Medicine in 2000 and specializes in ophthalmology and oculoplastic surgery.

Compare Doctors

Quickly compare more Ophthalmologists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Hospital Satisfaction
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ See hospitals

Dr. McInnes accepts

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Idaho

Check Dr. McInnes' experience treating your condition or procedure

Help Improve Healthgrades

Does Dr. Alan McInnes, MD...

Offer weekend visits?

Communicate via email?

Have free onsite parking?

Offer evening visits?

Offer an online patient portal portal?

Dr. McInnes' Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. McInnes

10.344827586206897%

Dr. McInnes?
Dr. McInnes' Performance
What People Say About Dr. Alan McInnes, MD
I went in for an Upper Blehparaplasty that I didn't even know I needed. I didn't even know what it was so watched YouTube. DUMB that just made me worry. Dr. McInnes and he staff explained things so well, really described the procedure and what I needed to do before and after to have a positive outcome. The smiles and ease of conversation really eased my mind! The office is clean and comfortable, Dr was very matter of fact while he was doing his thing but conversationally he was wonderful and always positive. We even hit an insurance snag and they helped me deal with all of that!! After procedure he was right there with a genuine concern as to how I was feeling and a smile that just helps a person feel better. Follow his direction for pre and post op and it's a wonderful experience. Now I'm in the healing phase and doing very well! I'm SO Grateful to Dr. McInness and his staff!
Karla – Jan 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan McInnes, MD?
I was a teenager in Los Angeles, before sunscreen, so now in my 70's I'm having skin cancers and MOHS procedures, where they take layers until they get a sample that is free of basal cells. Dr. McInnis did the repair the day after my dermatologist did four layers off my lower eyelid -- I had lost a half inch of the eyelid margin (edge) and the size of a penny, off my cheek. Wow, what a fabulous job he did. He used several techniques -- strong stitches in the skin below the outer surface, and then several techniques to swirl enough skin around on the outer layer. It's been a few months now and I'm amazed the both eyes have the same appearance at the margin and also the skin underneath my eye. When I smile, the skin under my eyes naturally wrinkles -- both sides equally. He is very talented, and also very gentle and kind. When I had returned after a few weeks to have stitches taken out, he did it himself, very gently. He and his staff are kind souls. I highly recommend him.
Apr 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan McInnes, MD?
I cannot stress what a great experience I had more! The correspondence was prompt and clear, and they worked well with my situation. Even as I added my lower eyelids rather last minute. I really liked the Dr. McInnes's Approach in not wanting to overdo my procedure. Dr. McInnes's nurse Nancy very professional, welcoming, funny and kind. I just want to take her home. My results are amazing and I found following their aftercare procedures to the let
JK in Boise, ID – Oct 24, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan McInnes, MD?
Had my procedure yesterday, and have just a little swelling and bruising today. My eyes are a little itchy and uncomfortable, but not painful. Hardest part is to remember to not lift, bend over, and apply ice packs, as I feel great. The surgery center was great, The nurses were very attentive and kind.
Debbie in Meridian , ID – Sep 08, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan McInnes, MD?
I couldn't be more happier with the service I received from the doctor and the staff
Kenneth in Boise, ID – Sep 05, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan McInnes, MD?
Dr. McInnes performed Entropion repairs on both eyes. He was very thorough, easy to talk to and took his time to explain the procedure. I am very happy with the results, no more lashes in my eyes. The staff at the hospital surgery center had only good things to say about him. Office staff is friendly and very helpful. Would definitely recommend to anyone.
Kevin Obenchain in Boise, ID – Jul 11, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan McInnes, MD?
Dr. McInnes and his staff were professional and kind to me for my eye surgery. Everything went just as explained and supported prior to surgery and during my easy recovery. I will return if I need other help and I surely will recommend this first class doctor. Thanks for taking such good care of me!
K Dalton-Wemp in New Plymouth, ID – Sep 14, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan McInnes, MD?
Dr. McInnes was very thorough, easy to talk to and took his time to explain the procedure. I am very happy with the results, I look well rested and a little younger, not an unnatural look! Everyone in this office is awesome! It's like a happy family there and very evident that everyone is very happy to be there with Dr. McInnes. I took a spill down the steps and hurt one of my incisions, I was told to come in asap and I was seen and restitched in no time! You won't be disappointed in Dr. McInnes
Boise Idaho – Dec 31, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan McInnes, MD?
Friendly staff, and high level of professionalism in the office. Dr. McInnes takes his time with patients and is extremely knowledgeable.
Meridian, ID – Jun 29, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan McInnes, MD?
I love Dr. McInnes's staff. His nurse is so nice and knows her stuff. Dr. McInnes took his time with me and answered all my questions. I had a great outcome with my lid surgery.
MLL in Eagle, ID – Jun 24, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan McInnes, MD?
Dr. McInnes was amazing he repaired my daughters eye , and could not have been nicer. He was thorough and informative. He made you feel very comfortable. Everyone on at his office was nice and very helpful . I would recommend him to anyone !
Karli Flannery in Boise, ID – Jan 20, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan McInnes, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. McInnes?

• Ophthalmology