Dr. Alan McGee, MD

Dr. Alan McGee, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Alan McGee, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Fort Wayne, IN. He is 60 years old and has been practicing for 35 years. Read his story

5050 N Clinton St

Fort Wayne, IN 46825

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Learn about Dr. McGee

See how frequently Dr. McGee performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Spondylolisthesis
Back Pain
Spinal Stenosis

Dr. McGee's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. McGee's bio

This content was provided by Dr. McGee "Specializing in surgeries of the spine, Alan W. McGee, M.D., is a native of Fort Wayne and a surgeon with SpineONE, a division of Ortho NorthEast. The 1975 Salutatorian of North Side High School graduated Summa Cum Laude from Wright State University in Dayton, Ohio. He went on to receive his medical degree there in 1982, graduating with honors. Dr. McGee performed his internship with the Family Practice Residency of Fort Wayne. Reaffirming his commitment to the community, he also served his orthopaedic residency at Lutheran Hospital of Indiana. Dr. McGee completed his spine fellowships at the Kenton D. Leatherman Spine Center, Louisville, Kentucky, and the Dewar Spine Center at Toronto General Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Dr. McGee is board certified by the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, where he retains an active membership. Other memberships afforded Dr. McGee are the Alpha Omega Alpha National Medical Honor Society, the Wright State African American Medical Scholarship Program, the Martin Luther King Jr. Club, the North American Spine Society, the African American Healthcare Alliance and the Mid-America Orthopaedic Association."

Accredited by: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery*

• Anterior Cervical Herniated Disc Surgery With Plating and Fusion
  • Arm Surgery
  • Disc Replacement
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Indiana.

• Wright State University, Dayton, Oh
  • Kenton D. Leatherman Spine Center, Louisville, Ky
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1989
  • Toronto Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1990

Dr. McGee has no media or publications listed.

Dr. McGee does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. McGee and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. McGee's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. McGee to family and friends
Dr. McGee's Performance
Ft Wayne, IN |
Dr. McGee was very focused, explained xray and mri findings to me and my daughters. Took time to talk with me about my challenges and examine me. He then thought it best to order additional testing and place me on some medication that may assist until the next results are in.
in Rochester, N |
my experience with Dr. McGee, has been wonderful from the very first visit, to my back surgery and to my six week appointment. Everyone has been extremely helpful and courteous. We were running a little late to my six week appointment yesterday because of a big accident on Highway 30, I was afraid we were going to miss her appointment but we were only five minutes late, and so as it happened Dr. McGee was running late also so there really was no problem. I have been happy with Dr. McGee,
in Elkhart, IN |
After several back/neck surgeries other surgeons felt they could not do anything more for me. Fortunately, I was referred to Dr. McGee by a friend and he did what others could not...MY HERO! When people tell me they have unresolved back pain I always refer them to McGee and his outstanding team. He never rushes to surgery and tells you like it is. Wonderful Doctor.
Kalamazoo, MI |
Dr McGee spent a decent amount of time with me, explained all of my options without pushing surgery. I have decided to have the surgery, because his diagnosis was different than another doctor's. I came to see him for a 2nd opinion. I'm confident I have made the correct dercision.
in Bryan, OH |
Completely Professional! Listens to the Patients, on Where the Pain is. .Gives the Patient Plenty of Time to Answer Questions. Explains Well, on How he Can Help.
in Warsaw, IN |
This was my first visit with Dr McGee (was previously a patient of Dr. Hoffman who retired). Fantastic bedside manor. Glad this is the Dr that I was given. Explained everything regarding my concerns and condition. Highly recommend.
in Ft Wayne, IN |
Dr McGee performed a successful 2 disc cervical fusion that was unigue for he had to fuse to an older 3 disc fusion from a previous surgery. He is amazingly skillfull not only in surgery but in the office when seeing patients as well. He does answer your guestions and concerns and gives you time to make decisions regarding your forward progress in healing. Have had many surgeries in the past and O.N.E. doctors have always had a positive impact on my life going forward.
in Elkhart, IN |
The entire staff was efficient, professional, very kind & right on time. Dr. McGee listened intently, checked out my back & x-rays and, based on all gathered info, recommended that I consult with one of his colleagues for a procedure that will give me the best possible outcome & minimize the mobility limitations traditional multiple vertebrae fusion yields. I can't say enough about my level of comfort with Dr. McGee. He is genuine, caring, thorough, immediately likable & very knowledgeable.
in Ft Wayne, IN |
Dr. McGee is awesome. I have worked along side of him for many years in the OR. He is awesome physcian.
Wabash, IN |
Dr. McGee is an excellent doctor. He knows his stuff. He took the time to explain the things I am dealing with. His explanation was very thorough. He answered all of my questions. I did not feel like I was being herded through the process. The staff was excellent. Dr. McGee was definitely concerned about my health and I did not feel that I was being viewed as his next big paycheck. Dr. McGee is an excellent Dr. in all respects and I would recommend him without reservation to all of my friends
in IN |
Dr McGee is always professional yet personal. He takes time to listen and is on time. His care is excellent and I have already had a lumbar fusion, performed by him and his team, with excellent results. His assessment skills are second to none.
in Ft Wayne, IN |
Dr. McGee is a wonderful Doctor who is a total professional. During my visit, he responded to all my questions and concerns in a very clear and concise way. I would recommend him to anybody.
in Huntertown, IN |
The level of personal care received from Dr. McGee is difficult to put into words. Unfortunately the genes received from my parents was a gift of degenerative disc in my lower spine which increased in my later years. Dr. McGee has twice repaired what nature provided and I'm able to do most anything I choose. He has a great personality and truly cares for his patients. He is a terrific person whom I highly recommend to anyone who has found themselves struggling to resolve back pain issues.
in Ft Wayne, IN |
My primary care physician recommended that I visit Dr. McGee to surgery options and unlike many other surgeons, Dr. McGee wasn't quick to put me under the knife. While I wanted relief for my excruciating pain, I was very thankful that he was more concerned about my health than performing a premature procedure that could actually create more problems. He was caring and made me understand everything relating to my condition in layman's terms and I was very pleased. He's an amazing doctor.
in Claypool, IN |
Excellent rapport with patients. Explains everything very thoroughly. Couldn't ask for a better experience with Dr. McGee and all of the staff.
in Huntertown IN |
Dr McGee performed a spinal fusion on me in 1995 and saved my career and my life. I would not let anyone else have anything to do with my spine. 11 years later he relieved me from a herniated disc in the same area of my spine. In and out in 1 hour. No adverse side effects to this day. He is the best at what he does.
in Marion, Indiana |
Dr. McGee knew right away when he seen me what the problem was. Another Dr. had done surgery but not correctly and I was bent over. Dr.McGee had to do surgery to correct and make me straight again. I refer all my friends and family to him as he's the best. My surgery was major L5 to T5 back fusion surgery and I am so glad that I had Dr. McGee!
in Harlan, IN |
I had spinal fusion done on 12/1/15. I am still in excruciating pain. He referred me to Dr. Kulkarni for a nerve block, which has made it worse. Now, I can do anything without debilitating pain. All Dr. McGee does is throw pills at it that don't work. Dr. Kulkarni says I need patience.....way past the time the block was supposed to work. I won't even get started on Dr.McGee's PA who doesn't give pain meds after surgery. I'd rather go see my dogs vet next time!
in Fort Wayne, IN |
Dr. McGee answered my questions, and explained the needed procedure. He listened to concerns and spent time to make appropriate recommendations. At no time did I ever feel rushed.
in Larwill, IN |
Dr. McGee and his staff are wonderful!! I went in with a herniated disc in my neck that did surgery on and I feel 100% better. My husband had emergency surgery for a blown disc last year that Dr McGee did and he feels 100% better too. Thanks Doc!
Have you seen Dr. Alan McGee, MD?
Are you Dr. McGee?

Visit Dr. McGee

Dr. McGee accepts 1 insurance carrier
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Hospitals where Dr. McGee has admitting privileges