Dr. Alan Mandelberg, MD

Dr. Alan Mandelberg, MD

Ophthalmology  |

Dr. Alan Mandelberg, MD is an ophthalmology doctor who practices in Burbank, CA. He is 70 years old and has been practicing for 45 years. Dr. Mandelberg is affiliated with Providence Saint Joseph Medical Center.

A Center For Visioncare

2031 W Alameda Ave Ste 300

Burbank, CA 91506

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
  • Health Net of California
  • WellPoint

Learn about Dr. Mandelberg

OUR MISSION - A Center for VisionCare is dedicated to helping you maintain and achieve your visual goals.

Experience for Dr. Mandelberg

Gain confidence in your healthcare decisions by comparing quality indicators on our provider profiles: education, board certification, years of practice, patient experience, and now Top Care Areas, which gives frequency in conditions treated or procedures performed. More about finding the right doctor for you

Top Care Areas for Dr. Mandelberg by Patient Volume

Blepharitis

Dr. Mandelberg treated this condition for more patients than 99% of his peers nationwide.

Eyelid Disorders

Dr. Mandelberg treated this condition for more patients than 97% of his peers nationwide.

Age-Related Macular Degeneration

Dr. Mandelberg treated this condition for more patients than 95% of his peers nationwide.

Need Other Care?

Discover how Dr. Mandelberg compares to peers nationwide for your care needs.

?

Where our data comes from - The data you see on providers' Healthgrades profiles comes from both the provider and public sources. The Top Care Areas section uses public data from billing claims that providers submit to insurance companies. That data is filed nationwide on behalf of the provider to either the government or a private health insurance company.

How we evaluate our data - Patient volume is analyzed by provider and compared nationally with all providers who perform the same procedure, or treat the same condition. We organize the volume data in percentile ranking from 'may perform' for the lowest claims volume to 'Very High' for the highest claims volume data. For a given condition or procedure, performance categories are defined based on 80%, 90%, and 95% confidence intervals from the average patient volume for all providers in our database. Providers identified as ‘may perform’ do not have sufficient volume for Healthgrades to create a statistical evaluation.

Are you Dr. Mandelberg?

Learn more about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Ophthalmology

• Corneal Diseases
  • Corneal Ulcer
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Diplopia
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Drusen
  • Retina Diseases
  • Retinal Dystrophy
  • Retinal Neovascularization
  • Retinal Vein Occlusion
  • Retinitis Pigmentosa (RP)
  • Senile Cataracts

• Intraocular Lens Implant Surgery
  • LASIK
  • Laser Surgery
  • Paracentesis of Anterior Eye
  • Photorefractive Keratectomy (PRK)
  • Pterygium Surgery
  • Refractive Surgery
  • Removal of Foreign Body from External Eye
  • Vitrectomy (incl. Macular Hole Repair)
  • YAG Laser Capsulotomy

No malpractice history found for California.

• Brooklyn College
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1968
  • University At Buffalo State University Of New York School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1972
  • SUNY Buffalo Affil Hosps
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1973
  • Park Ridge Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1979

Dr. Mandelberg has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Mandelberg does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Mandelberg and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Mandelberg's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Mandelberg to family and friends
Dr. Mandelberg's Performance
in Burbank, CA |
I've been a patient of Dr Mandelberg for 12 years. He is highly experienced, professional and an excellent doctor. I recently had cataract surgery which went perfectly and I'm thrilled with the results. Dr Mandelberg gave great care in all follow-up appointments. I highly recommend Dr Mandelberg.
in North Hollywood, CA |
A couple weeks ago I had cataract surgery. Sure, the possibility of losing whatever vision remained in my bad eye was very slight, but I was worried nonetheless. Throughout the entire process, from diagnosis to post-op care, Dr. Mandelberg and his staff have been caring, very attentive, and the outcome is better than I could've hoped for. I'd been misdiagnosed elsewhere, which is why I sought out Dr. Mandelberg to begin with. For the first time in years, I can now properly SEE. Amazing.
in Los Angeles, CA |
It is a pleasure to visit an office...well run...taken ON TIME...efficiently handled procedures - then you get Dr. Mandelberg's attention - which is thorough, gracious. PLUS he has removed cataracts and implants...also done at maximum satisfaction!!! We're happy patients! Linda and Skip Bowling
in Burbank, CA |
Dr. Mandelberg performed cataract on both of my eyes. My right eye had a problem that he noticed right away. He successfully corrected this problem with the end result of excellent vision in both eyes, to my great satisfaction. I highly recommend him to anybody for correction of their eye problems. My sincere thanks to Dr. Mandelberg.
in North Hollywood, CA |
Dr. Mandelberg performed cataract surgery on my right eye. I couldn't be more pleased. The procedure was brief and the results after one week are astounding. Thank-you, Doctor Mandelberg, for everything. Great office and great staff as well.
in Granada Hills, CA |
I was diagnose with cataracts in both eyes by Dr Mandelberg. I had surgery and the result is unbelievable; now i have 20/20 vision in both eyes. Thank you Dr Mandelberg!!!! Fernando Forno
in Riverside, CA |
He was thoughtful and kind in dealing with us and our concerns. He was conservative with our expectations and left us astonished with such excellent outcomes through two surgeries and now vision with no glasses. Thank you Dr. Mandelberg.
in Los Angeles, CA |
Dr. Mandelberg performed cataract surgery on both my eyes, one a month before the other. One eye had a couple of out of the ordinary conditions that he immediately noticed and took extra precautions to ensure that the surgery would be successful without any complications. As a result, both surgeries went very smoothly and were successful. In addition, whenever I called his office with questions or concerns, they were extremely courteous and patient.
in Sherman Oaks, CA |
Dr. Mandelberg is an excellent Dr. He explains everything very clearly and with a kind, caring demeanor. He is very friendly, while being totally professional. He recently performed my cataract surgery. I couldn't be more satisfied with the results. He also corrected my distance vision during the surgery. I now have 20/20 vision for distance! I highly recommend Dr. Mandelberg!
in North Hollywood, CA |
I moved to the North Hollywood area about 22 years ago. Dr. Mandelberg was referred to me from friends at the company where I work. Dr. Mandelberg is an excellent doctor, explains everything and is very caring. His staff is always helpful and friendly. The optics department staff is very helpful when trying to decide on a new pair of glasses. Dr. Mandelberg makes me feel comfortable and explains everything. I always feel like I am in good hands when I see him.
Have you seen Dr. Alan Mandelberg, MD?
Are you Dr. Mandelberg?