Ophthalmology  |
Dr. Alan Lessner, MD
Dr. Lessner has practiced Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery for over 25 years in Gainesville Florida. He graduated at the top of his class from Albany Medical College and was selected for Alpha Omega Alpha Honors Society. He then trained in Ophthalmology at the University of Florida and subsequently completed prestigious fellowships in Oculofacial Plastic Surgery at UCLA, in Los Angeles and Beverly Hills California, and Orbital Surgery at The University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada. After fellowship, he returned to Gainesville, Florida and became Director of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at the University of Florida. Presently his private practice concentrates on cosmetic eyelid, eyebrow, and facial plastic surgery. Dr. Lessner also performs procedures such as Botox, facial fillers, chemical peels, and laser resurfacing. He has been invited to speak nationally and internationally about his surgical techniques. He is a Board Certified Ophthalmologist and a member of the American Society of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.

Alan M. Lessner, M.D.

6801 NW 9th Blvd Ste 2

Gainesville, FL 32605

• AvMed
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida
  • CHAMPVA
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • Group Health Cooperative
  • HealthSmart
  • Managed Care (Non-HMO)
  • Medical Mutual of Ohio

Learn about Dr. Lessner

Dr. Lessner is Board certified in Ophthalmology, he specializes in Ophthalmic Plastic surgery and Diseases and surgery of the orbit.

Dr. Lessner's Experience

Dr. Lessner's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Ophthalmology

• Blocked Tear Duct
  • Chalazion
  • Cosmetic Conditions
  • Diplopia
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Ectropion of Eyelid

• Jules Stein Eye Insitute, UCLA
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1989
  • University Of British Columbia
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1990

Dr. Lessner has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Lessner does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Lessner and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Lessner's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Lessner to family and friends
3.8
Dr. Lessner's Performance
in Ocala, FL |
Alan performed tear duct surgery ~2 years ago. Result was fantastic. This was after a less than acceptable surgery by a different doctor 20 years ago on the same eye. If my other eye has a similar problem, Dr Lessner will be the first doctor that I will see to correct my problem. Sometimes their may be a short wait in waiting room, but the small amount of time invested is well worth it, considering the results that I have seen. I would definitely recommend to my family & friends...
Lake City, FL |
I was nervous about getting my eyelids "fixed". Dr. Lessner and staff put me at ease and cared for me in a great and professional manner. I felt only the pain of the numbing injections and that was tolerable because they prepared me for what I was to feel and their caring manner really helped. Other than looking like a raccoon for a week or so my eyelids no longer prevented me from seeing as well and I looked younger! He's great, I wish all surgeons treated their patients this well. Thanks!
We're so glad to hear about your positive experience with Dr. Lessner. Our goal is to provide the very best patient care available, so it's always encouraging to hear about positive experiences.
in Beverly Hills, FL |
Had surgery w/Dr Lessner last Friday was pleased w/dr nurses and North Florida Surgical Pavilion! Awaiting ultimate results!
We appreciate the kind words about our team. Thank you for sharing!
in Inverness, FL |
Wonderful doctor and staff at both the Gainesville and Lecanto office. I was awake during the eye surgery procedure and the staff was just like a family in the room. So very comforting. No pain- great results. I would recommend Dr. Lessner to you too. He came highly recommended by my primary eye doctor in Inverness and I am glad I traveled the distance to use him.
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us! We're thrilled to hear about the success of your visit with Dr. Lessner!
in Lake City, FL |
From the first office visit to the post operative follow ups, Dr. Lessner and the entire team at his office have been great. He answers all questions and concerns that I had. The front office staff and assistants are all wonderful also.
Thank you for sharing, Brad!
in Washington, DC |
Dr. Lessner performed several surgical procedures on my eyelids and face. He and his staff were courteous, professional, and made the experience as comfortable as possible. Dr. Lessner was able to see me on short notice, and was able to accommodate my tight schedule. Once I arrived at the office, the receptionist took my information promptly and led me to the exam room immediately. I have been extremely happy with the results of my procedures, and will return to Dr. Lessner in the future.
in Summerfield, Fla |
Dr. Lessner has done several surgeries for me for cancer related problems in the eye area. He is top notch....wonderful results....great surgeon...compassionate and professional office staff.
in Gainesville, FL |
Dr. Lessner and his staff, were extremely professional, friendly and caring. He was generous with his time and explained exactly what he was doing. My procedure required multiple follow-up visits where he was always attentive and never made me feel rushed. I am very pleased with the outcome of my eye surgery and would highly recommend Dr Lessner.
in Dunnellon, FL |
Dr. Lessner has performed 3 surgeries on my sons right eye. My son had a primitive rifle backfire when he shot it. The numerous surgeries were because of the complications this injury has caused. Lord willing this last surgery will be the last but time will tell. Throughout this ordeal, Dr. Lessner has been kind, accommodating, kind and meticulously detailed in all information he has given us and completely honest in what he believed the results would be. He is the epitome of excellence.
in Perry, FL |
Dr. Lessner treated my mother with much care and professionalism. He was clear about treating her problem and his staff was very helpful in the process. I would not hesitate to refer friends or family to Dr. Lessner.
Fantastic surgeon.
Inverness, FL |
Waited 2 hours to see him for 2 seconds and was told my symptoms were not sever enough and come back in 2 years. My questions weren't answered and he had no idea how bad my symptoms are!
in Hernando, FL |
The eye doctor I had been seeing for over 20 years told me that my eyelid dropping and just fat was something I should get used to! I couldn't read much because of the weight of my eyelids. My former dr. said he had been referring patients to Dr. Lessner who comes to our County once a month on Saturdays. I was able to make an appointment. I took the Field Eye Test and FAILED it. Dr. Lesser took one look at my eyes, said I qualified for Medicare on part but we would have to pay some. OK!!
in Orlando, Florida |
Brilliant surgeon. Very caring. Travel as far as possible to see this doctor. Be patient because it is a process and you can not rush it. I would not trust anyone else with my vision or orbit. Dr. Lessner is the BEST!!
in Gainesville Fl |
Barely looked at my eye for about 1 second. His assistant cut me off when asking question and stated that you and waved here hand to the door. In other words leave
Have you seen Dr. Alan Lessner, MD?

Visit Dr. Lessner

Blue Preferred Patient Care PPO
  • CHAMPVA
    Group Plan PPO
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA