Dr. Alan Kimura, MD

OphthalmologyMaleAge 66

Ophthalmology

Dr. Alan Kimura, MD is an Ophthalmology Specialist in Loveland, CO and has over 41 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science / Chicago Medical School in 1982. He is affiliated with medical facilities Porter Adventist Hospital and Saint Joseph Hospital. His office accepts new patients.

Dr. Alan Kimura, MD

Monarch Dermatology & Surgery, LLC

1615 Foxtrail Dr Ste 100 Loveland, CO 80538

Compare Dr. Alan Kimura, MD with other Ophthalmology Specialists near you

Dr. Kimura's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Kimura

3.8

Glad to have found Dr Kimura
Dr Kimura was thorough, professional, he spent time with me explaining my diagnosis & prognosis. Referred me back to my primary Dr for further testing.
Nov 15, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Kimura, MD?
I have been a Dr Kimura patient for over a year. He is saving my vision! I can never thank him enough. Yes the treatment is like a bad Mad Maxx movie frequent eye shots and such, but well worth it.
Apr 06, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Kimura, MD?
I had a partial retina tear in one eye and total detachment in the other. When I visited the office on a late Friday afternoon they immediately examined me. They told me to come back at 6 am on Saturday morning for surgery. They did surgery on one eye and shortly after the other. This was in 2008 and have great sight since. Such a great group of helpful and friendly professionals.
John L Barrett – Jul 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Kimura, MD?
I went to see Dr. Kimura for worsening diabetic retinopathy. He gave me an injection in my eye, and I experienced floaters for 3 weeks. When I came in for a follow-up with more targeted questions about the risks, benefits, length of side effects, etc. he was dismissive, rude and never answered my questions - only strongly recommended I get a second injection. He referenced my higher socio-economic status and said there was another option that I could pursue but it was significantly more expensive. He has NO IDEA what I do for work or my status, is making broad generalizations and insinuating if I cared about my health I'd pursue this significantly more expensive option (even though he said the two treatments have very similar results). I left his office in tears. On the other hand, his medical assistant was an absolute saint. She consoled me and went above and beyond.
Nov 05, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Kimura, MD?
Dr.Kimura is awesome! He was on time and told me what I needed to know.He knew right away that I have a rare genetic disease and immediately sent my DNA to the lab to confirm the gene.He knew all about it and gave me hope for the future.I also absolutely love his nurse!She was extremely knowledgeable and was able to explain some things I didn't understand and was happy to help in any way and did not push us out the door.Thanks guys
Pamela Thom – Oct 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Kimura, MD?
Dr. Kimura is great. He has always been a straightforward, no-nonsense kind of doctor. I have been seeing him since 2013 or so and he does have good days and bad days like all of us. He is very direct and to the point. I appreciate his expertise and non-nonsense delivery - some may not. His medical support staff is always hit or miss - depending on the location you see him at for service. For some reason the Lowry office seems to have a revolving door of staff who are either great or just there for the paycheck. Overall I recommend Dr. Kimura. I trust my vision with him.
stevestr – Sep 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Kimura, MD?
I looked for the very best retina specialist and never gave much thought about his staff or the people that I would encounter during my appointment. I have since found that the “whole package” is what makes the “difference”. My entire experience starts at the reception desk and my first calming breath out is when someone smiles and greets me. I am then welcomed by one of his technicians. Their professionalism with a friendly smile and caring manner allows me to take another calming breath. Waiting for the next test, the lady next to me makes small talk. Usually something like, “ I see Dr. Kimura, who do you see? I really like it here or he is great, isn’t he?” After the testing, I get prepped for my shot. They know what they are doing and after, I feel more confident that everything will go smoothly. Dr. Kimura then comes in, shakes my hand, greets me with his friendly smile. I am reassured that all will go well and the shot is effortless. Thank you to Dr. Kimura and your staff.
Ann in CO – Sep 25, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Kimura, MD?
I have been seeing Dr. Kimura in the Golden office for over 10 years. In my early eighties I noticed wavy lines in my right eye and contacted Dr. Kimura who informed me that there were now medicines for age-related macular degeneration. I started receiving shots in that eye every 4 to 5 weeks which have preserved my vision. Dr. Kimura is knowledgeable of treatments and communicates clearly with me. Even now that he has become recognized in our area, he provides me with appointments - except one time when he was in Africa training retinologists. His well-trained nurses always give me numbing/pain medication in the eye and have me close it until he comes in with a good handshake. Then he inserts the needle in my eye. I barely feel it! Most evenings of the same day I am able to read. By the next day I can see quite well again - thanks to Dr. Kimura. I am 91 years old and very thankful for his help and his efficient and respectful office staff.
Westminster, CO – Aug 24, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Kimura, MD?
I’ve been a patient of Dr. Kimura for almost 20 years. He is kind, attentive, and extremely talented. I wouldn’t have my life as I know it today without his skills and dedication.
Mar 31, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Kimura, MD?
I have been seeing Dr Kimura for several years and have always found him to be caring, willing to explain what is going on and o over options. Also has a great sense of humor.
Steve in Broomfield – Mar 07, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Kimura, MD?
I was referred to Dr. Kimura through my eye physician for my 12 year daughter who is showing the initial signs of RP. After reading some of the reviews on here I was very hesitant on going to Dr. Kimura for her first appointment. I could not have been more wrong! I was very impressed with Dr. Kimura! He was very patient with my daughter and kind to her. He was very informative and took his time explaining everything to us. He was very encouraging and positive. I would recommend him to everyone!
Wendy Skalak in Morrison, CO – May 08, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Kimura, MD?
PLEASE DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR. I am a nurse and I was taking my mom to get injections in her eye. He yelled at her while she was crying because she didn't want the injection due to a reaction. He was rude to his staff. Didn't read the chart or have knowledge about her case at multiple appointments. Missed a bleed in her eye that was found at mayo clinic after multiple appointments. When she stated she was having trouble seeing, he seemed not to care. He is after insurance money .BEWARE
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
Denver, CO – Apr 17, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Kimura, MD?
I was recently diagnosed with Retinitis pigmentosa. This means that I am going blind. I am young and this is terrifying and his advice was to be positive and have a laté. I understand some people are terrible about handling the emotions of others, but when you tell a twenty something they are going blind you would think you would be more prepared. Also I have been waiting 4 months for genetic testing, and they just told I have to wait until next year. 0 follow through. He doesn't care at all
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
RP patient in Denver – Aug 23, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Kimura, MD?
I have seen him 3 times. I do not have severe eye problems, simply bad floaters. He puts me off, is not respectful, speaks rudely to his scriber and generally plays word games with me. I can not seem to get any direct answers from him. I'm not sure what is going on. He was not satisfied with the glaucoma test from my optometrist and is now sending me to another specialist, without any evidence of glaucoma. it is difficult to communicate with him.
huntley in Denver, CO – Apr 14, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Kimura, MD?
Dr. Kimura has been treating me for many years. I have always felt so warm in his office with his staff and with Dr. Kimura. He takes the time to listen to my concerns and explains in detail (meat and potatoes type of way) about my condition and how he is treating it. There are times I know I am asking so many questions that any other doctor my get tired of answering and he smiles and laughs with me while we work together to help my eyes.
Steven in Denver, CO – Mar 30, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Kimura, MD?
I had visited Dr. Kimura for his opinion for my left eye which has no vision because of matured cataract and detached retina. My opinion: Dr. Kimura does not seem to have sufficient practical experience of attaching detached retina. Besides, he is disrespectful, rude, bad-listener, and, his way is the only way type of doctor. I would not recommend him to any person for retina treatment.
Denver, CO – Mar 21, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Kimura, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Kimura?