Dr. Alan Hilibrand, MD

Orthopedic SurgeryMaleAge 58

Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Alan Hilibrand, MD is an Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in Marlton, NJ. Dr. Hilibrand has extensive experience in Spine Disorders & Surgical Procedures. He is affiliated with Thomas Jefferson University Hospital. His office accepts new patients.

Dr. Alan Hilibrand, MD

Rothman Orthopaedics

999 Route 73 North Suite 301 Marlton, NJ 08053

Compare with other Orthopedic Surgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Hilibrand with our nearby Orthopedic Surgery Specialists at Virtua Health.

Make an appointment at Virtua Health today at (856) 288-1760.

Filter by
Provider Ratings

These providers are on the medical staff of Virtua Health.

Dr. Hilibrand's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Hilibrand

Gives me confidence! Very knowledgeable & caring !
Dr. Hilibrand performed major corrective scoliosis surgery on me 10 years ago and it has made all the difference in my life! I was almost immobile and now I can enjoy exercising, walking, and daily activities with minimal discomfort. I see him yearly and have all the confidence in the world in him. He always takes his time and shows/ explains my X-rays. I feel he is invested in keeping me healthy.
Debbie – Nov 04, 2022
The Best!
Always made it about me and helping me through my the diagnosis and treatment with “The Best” options available and the right information to make critical decisions. His patience and bed side manner in my visits always made it comfortable when the subject wasn’t matter wasn’t! Knowledgeable/Skilled!
Blessed! – Oct 05, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Hilibrand, MD?
Dr. Hilibrand was very patient and explained my MRI to me and my husband. Very empathetic to my concerns. Highly recommended.
BC – Jun 19, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Hilibrand, MD?
Great surgeon. Great person.
Complicated back surgery and slow recovery. Dr and staff provided great support throughout. Truly appreciate them. Would not go anywhere else.
Fred L. – Jun 10, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Hilibrand, MD?
Back to riding my motorcycle.
Bad backs run in my family. Both my mother and father had dreadful problems and the joys of genetics meant that both my sister and I inherited those problems too. In the 80s and 90s I had back operations to try to fix my back but compared to the technology now available, it was really a bit primitive and the fixes eventually failed. In 2016 I limped in to see Dr Hilibrand and after he looked at the MRI, he outlined what he proposed to do with my lower spine and we got it done. A couple of years later problems arose up in my neck and now that has been fixed. I am back to riding motorcycles and living my life and I am very grateful for the outcome. I am pain free as well. One thing that filled me with confidence is that not only is Dr Hilibrand a great surgeon, he is also an engineer and inventor. He helps to create the medical devices that he uses, he appears to me to take a very well rounded approach to his solutions to his patients problems. He has a great manner too.
Michael O’Reirdan – Apr 20, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Hilibrand, MD?
Doc changed my life. Before surgery I couldn't walk a block or stand for more than a few minutes without crippling pain. Post surgery I'm back to normal, more active than ever. No pain no limitations.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
Marc B – Feb 16, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Hilibrand, MD?
Dr.Hilibrand is an excellent doctor . My cervical fusion surgery went very well with no complications. He has an excellent bed side manners and was very compassionate. Highly recommend him .
Feb 14, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Hilibrand, MD?
Dr Hilibrand is excellent surgeon. I came to him as wanting a second opinion. He told me exactly what was wrong with my spine. Though I been walking like a "shopping cart lady" and the back and side of my legs hurt 24/7. Even after going to pain management and 3 months of physical therapy, nothing gave me relief. I had Anterior/Posterior Lumbar Spine Decompression and Fusion. I was cut down the front of my abdomen. My spine had been locked in a forward arch. Dr H had fixed this, having to decompress my spine and add two new disks. The second incision on my back, Dr H fixed my Spinal Spinosis L3-S1, having some hardware placed L4-L5 and L5-S1. This was a 10+ hour operation. I am now into my 7th week post-surgery and I feel great. I had RN, OT, PT come to my home. Was using a walker and now transitioning into a cane. It feels great to stand up straight again after two years of bending forward as I walked. Anyone who is having spinal problems. I recommended Dr Hilibrand an A+ surgeon.
Diane Rouse – Jan 13, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Hilibrand, MD?
Dr. Hilibrand is the best!
Dec 22, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Hilibrand, MD?
Explained and answered my questions and addressed my concerns without rushing. Ordered appropriate tests and follow up appointments were within two weeks or less. Very easy to talk to and understand. Accommodated my timeframe preference. Entire staff was a pleasure to work with and got back to me without me having to follow up. Plus everyone from check-in at the Marlton location to check-out was pleasant, respectful and focused on the patient while doing their job.
Debbie Marshall – Nov 17, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Hilibrand, MD?
I waited 3 hours and they couldn’t get my MRI to load even though it loaded for my first visit. Even without the MRI which detailed severe spinal stenosis, disc degeneration, severe arthritis and other problems, he said there was nothing he could do for me, despite going to physical therapy for 2 months which he recommended but produced no decrease in pain. When I pressed for a solution, he suggested I read a book. He then condescendingly suggested I didn’t have to read the whole book. I told him I taught Honors and AP English for 30 years but he didn’t know that because he never asked what I did for a living. He was highly recommended by several doctors but I’m positive he had made a decision after my first visit. I had to get X-rays both visits even though my MRI and X-rays were very recent. He didn’t even look at them. I wasted three hours of my life.
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Joe O’Donnell – Nov 02, 2021
Mr. O'Donnell, The wait time you describe is...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Hilibrand, MD?
Dr Hilibrand took his time and was very thorough. He took his time explaining everything. He is an amazing doctor and very knowledgeable.
Sep 29, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Hilibrand, MD?
From my first visit until follow to surgery Dr. Hilibrand thoroughly explained each and every process. His respectful confidence in his ability and his candor gave me a very at ease feeling about such a sensitive procedure. My results were great in my back surgery.
K. Mayfield – Aug 25, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Hilibrand, MD?
Dr Hilibrand is extremely knowledgeable and professional. I would recommend him to family and friends.
Jun 21, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Hilibrand, MD?
Excellent doctor. Performed a spinal fusion and artificial disc. Now I can walk!
Jun 10, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Hilibrand, MD?
Physician and resident explain procedures well. Did a thorough neurological exam. Would recommend Rothman institute Dr. Hildebran for anyone with cervical neck concerns. Drove four hours one way to disappointment but would have driven across the United States to see this position and get his professional opinion.
  • Staff wasn't friendly
May 14, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Hilibrand, MD?
this was my first visit with hillibrand and he and his nursing staff acted in a professional empathetic manner. dr hillibrand is extremely knowledgeable and takes all the time needed to listen to and answer my questions. he explains the pro and con of any procedures needed. I was very impressed with this practice as cdc covid protocol was thoroughly followed.
anthony – Apr 07, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Hilibrand, MD?
Dr. Hilibrand is a fantastic surgeon! He has performed spinal fusion on both my cervical and lumbar spine with excellent results. Following surgery, Dr. Hilibrand makes certain that I am very familiar with my brace, and gives specific instructions regarding its use prior to my hospital release. During office visits Dr. Hilibrand gives me his full attention, asks questions, and really listens to my responses and concerns. Dr. Hilibrand makes me feel like I am his only patient, and I consider myself very lucky to have him as my orthopedic surgeon. Also, I would like to add that Dr. Hilibrand's Nurse Practitioner , Jody Walter, is extremely knowledgeable and accommodating. She and Dr. Hilibrand make a terrific team!
Marilyn Byrne – Mar 26, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Hilibrand, MD?
It has been a pleasure to have had uou as my surgeon
Linda kehoe – Mar 19, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Hilibrand, MD?
Dr. Hilibrand has made it possible for me to resume walking. I was unable to walk for a while and that really affected my quality of life. I highly recommend Dr. Hilibrand he is a caring competent surgeon. He explained very clearly just what my back surgery would entail. Thank you ??
Rhada – Mar 18, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Hilibrand, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Hilibrand?