Dr. Alan Hilibrand, MD

Orthopedic Surgery •  Male • Age 55

Telehealth services available

Dr. Alan Hilibrand, MD is a Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in Marlton, NJ. Dr. Hilibrand has more experience with Spine than other specialists in his area. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Jefferson Washington Township Hospital and Capital Health Medical Center - Hopewell. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Hilibrand to book an appointment.

Rothman Orthopaedic Institute

New Patient?
Rothman Orthopaedic Institute999 Route 73 N Ste 401 Marlton, NJ 08053

More Orthopedic Surgery Specialists at Rothman Orthopaedic Institute

Dr. Hilibrand's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Hilibrand

Dr. Hilibrand?
Dr. Hilibrand is amazing, he gave me my quality of life back. The sugery & recovery were exactly as he explained. He as well as his team are always available for any questions or concerns.
Donna S – Jun 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Hilibrand, MD?
My Experience with Dr Hilibrand is Absolutely the best care from a Doctor I have ever had He is wonderful
Michael H – Jun 19, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Hilibrand, MD?
Dr. Hilibrand and the entire staff of the Rothman Institute are giving me excellent care for my spinal problems. I am confident that I will be well taken care of for helping me solve my problem.
Elayne Morris – Jun 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Hilibrand, MD?
No bedside manner at all. Now I have more problems after my surgery and have to probelm get another surgery.
Apr 08, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Hilibrand, MD?
I had excruciating pain in my lower back that after almost ten years of suffering I went to Dr Hilibrand for help. Dr Hilibrand spent much time with me going over my symptoms. He had required tests done and then went over the procedure he would perform. I am so thankful to Dr Hilibrand for his great spinal skills that he has relived the pain I had and has abled me to walk, bend and perform normal body functions once again. Fantastic person, Fantastic surgeon.
Neil Minichino – Apr 02, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Hilibrand, MD?
Was able to be seen quickly as a result of auto accident. Took extreme care in showing and discussing xrays. I would recommend him and his care team to everyone.
Dale Apple – Feb 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Hilibrand, MD?
Dr. Hillibrand impressed me as knowledgeable, caring and honestly wanting to help me. He gave me all the information I needed to make a decision and not worry if I was doing the right thing. He showed me on my MRI exactly what was wrong and completely explained what he could do to fix it. He also listed all the risks and then let me make up my own mind. I had all the confidence in him that I needed to have the surgery.
Lola Weigel – Dec 31, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Hilibrand, MD?
Dr. Hilibrand was the next Messiah to me!! After I was tested by some other local Hospitals about my back problem, I decided to contact Rothman Institute . Upon making my call I got hold of Jody Walter, MSN, CRNP and right then I got this great feeling about in the way she explained whats my next options. She recommended Dr.Hilibrand for my first evaluation, and the rest is history. After he discovered that I had a L2-3PLD problem he first recommended to do therapy before I think of any kind of surgery. Unfortunately it got worse and I decided to go ahead and do the procedure. The surgery it was a piece a cake! No more pain, September surgery, Oct. and Nov. physical therapy, and the month of Dec. back to gym 3-4 times a week working out and doing great. Thank you Dr. Hilibrand, thank you Jody Walter, and the rest of your professional staff. Happy Holidays and God Bless! Mario Juncaj
Mario Juncaj – Dec 30, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Hilibrand, MD?
Doctor was great! Fully explained in detail my personal situation and all of the options. Gave me a great comfort level.
Michae Amabile – Dec 13, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Hilibrand, MD?
Dr/Hilibrand. I was very fortunate to be referred to him.Having worked as an anesthesiologist for many years,I have learned to recognize expertise and excellence.His clinical decision and surgical skill are exceptional.i could not be more pleased with the outcome of my back surgery.It has already made a big difference in how I feel and has given my life a new energy.
Berlanta Antoun,MD. – Dec 03, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Hilibrand, MD?
Dr Hilibrand was the only doctor out of the many I have gone to who explained my test results and possible problems with my back He ordered testing to be done and I will return to see him
Maureen Parker – Nov 06, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Hilibrand, MD?
Dr. Hilibrand is an exceptional physician. He and his team are effective and efficient. They are totally professional and ensure that you are afforded all the necessary considerations necessary. Their manner is encouraging and assuring. Dr. Hilibrand considers what is best for the patient and although surgery could have been performed he did not consider it since non-surgical treatment would be as effective. He quickly made arrangements for non-surgical treatment without any delay. That demonstrated to me his empathy and concern to end the pain and discomfort for my friend. Thank you very much Dr. Hilibrand.
Stanley Krantz – Nov 06, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Hilibrand, MD?
He has a great education and credentials, that being said he was 2 hours late without an apology. After waiting 2 hours Dr Hillibrand essentially said my 75 year old husband should expect to have pain at his age. We are very active senior citizens and his pain has completely changed his lifestyle. After suggesting physical therapy and demeaning the treatments we had already tried we asked about surgery. He then said he wouldn’t discuss anything until PT was completed and we retuned for another visit in 6 weeks. We left his office and saw a neurosurgeon who we should have seen originally. He was kind ,compassionate, did not demean our other treatments, but said they were certainly worth a try. He explained all treatments including surgery if needed. He said better to know all treatments and be informed. Guess which doctor we chose. As an aside Dr hillibrands staff were kind
Kathleen Delaney – Nov 04, 2019
We apologize for the wait time-this is...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Hilibrand, MD?
Dr. Hi Libra s was wonderful! Explained everything in great detail & answered all our questions & concerns. The surgery was a huge success & we could not be happier with the care Dr. Hilibrand provides.
John Griebau – Nov 01, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Hilibrand, MD?
Great doctor, explains everything, very professional. I had major back surgery and was up and around in no time! NP Jody is wonderful as well as the rest of the staff!
Oct 03, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Hilibrand, MD?
I am married, 73 years old, in excellent health and physical condition and live a very active life of sports and travel. I was suffering from sever stenosis and bulging discs. In time, my condition caused me to curtail physical activity and prior to surgery I needed significant assistance in ambulation. Dr. Hilibrand as my surgeon explained my options clearly, which empowered me to make the right choices, while having the confidence that in his hands I would be fine. Post my decompression surgery, I am ambulating freely, without pain and have returned to a very active life. Dr. Hilibrand's skills as a surgeon have allowed my wife and me to live out a life of independence, enjoyment and adventure. His office at Rothman is very supportive and appointments are to the point. The doctor is not into a lot of small talk, but gets the job done in a very professional way. I thank Alan from the bottom of my heart for restoring my life. I have strongly recommend him to friends and family.
Dan Walsky – Jul 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Hilibrand, MD?
I was in horrible pain for over a year and tried many solutions. Finally I was referred to Dr. Hilibrand by a friend and he performed a decompression & fusion of L4/5. I was immediately out of pain and had a wonderful recovery under Dr. Hilibrand's care. The experience was flawless, the staff at Rothman are great, very profrssional and knowledgeable. They were there for every question with quick answers. I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Hilibrand and his team, they are truley amazing... Thank You for giving me my life back
Jun 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Hilibrand, MD?
I am extremely pleased with my experiences with Dr. Alan Hilibrand. In Nov 2018 he performed anterior/posterior fusion from L3 to S1 to correct degenerative scoliosis and lumbar stenosis. Prior to surgery, I was very limited in my ability to walk or stand and had severe pain in my lower back and right leg. Other physicians only recommended shots, meds, and P.T. which were not solving my problems. A few months after surgery, I was back to all my normal activities and without the pain. At my pre and post appointments, Dr. Hilibrand was informative, thorough, and I appreciated his demeanor. I wanted the best skilled surgeon and I feel I found it in Dr. Hilibrand.
May 07, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Hilibrand, MD?
Excellent doctor, and extremely knowledgeable. Very through and explained everything. Would highly recommend him.
May 06, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Hilibrand, MD?
I have already recommended Dr. Hilibrand to a friend. He has performed surgery on her for a cervical vertebrae problem. She is as pleased with her surgical outcome as I am with mine, I’m almost six months out and hope to continue improving. I’m am very pleased with his surgical expertise bedside manner and follow up.
Apr 17, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Hilibrand, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Hilibrand?

Dr. Hilibrand accepts

Dr. Hilibrand accepts the following insurance:

Select
QualCare PPO
Oxford Liberty

No malpractice claims found for New Jersey

Spine

Spine specialists diagnose and treat conditions affecting the bones of the spine, including degenerative spine disease, herniated discs, stenosis, and fractured vertebrae, with treatments including medication, physical therapy, and surgery.

Typically treats 76% more than their peers

Based on claims data for 17 conditions and procedures

TreatmentsTreatment Frequency
Myelopathy

Dr. Hilibrand treats Myelopathy more than 100% of their peers

Dr. Hilibrand treats this condition more than 100% of their peers

Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement)

Dr. Hilibrand treats Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement) more than 99% of their peers

Dr. Hilibrand treats this condition more than 99% of their peers

• Ankylosing Spondylitis
  • Ankylosing Vertebral Hyperostosis
  • Broken Neck
  • Cauda Equina Syndrome
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Disc Replacement
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Neck Muscle Strain
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Pathological Spine Fracture
  • Synovial Biopsy
  • Thoracic Spine Fracture
  • Thoracic Spine Myelopathy
  • Vertebral Column Tumors

The Rothman Institute is affiliated with hospitals consisting of state-of-the-art facilities befitting world-class orthopaedic centers. Everything, from clinical and surgical centers, a fully equipped imaging area (with the latest MRI equipment) and ...Read more

• Minimally Invasive Neurological Spine Surgery