Dr. Alan Gotesman, MD

Practices Orthopedic Surgery

On a scale of 1 and 5 this provider is rated 4.5 after 32 reviews.
Author:
I felt so comfortable talking with Dr Gotesman that I decided to let him do surgery for my trigger thumb this coming December. He listened to everything I had to say and was not in a rush and he explained everything to me in detail. So glad I found him.
Author:
The doctor spent a hlf hour explaining the options and we decided to do surgery for my pinched nerve in the elbow. I did not feel pressured at all
Author:
Might be a great doctor , but never came out to tell me my husbands surgery was over, just left the building!! Awful!!!
Author:
After taking a nice trip over a guardrail while riding my motorcycle in Harriman Park/Bear Mountain, both my radius and ulna were fractured in multiple locations. Without Dr. Gotesman and his performing emergency surgery, I could have easily lost my arm or at best suffered irreparable nerve damage. Would 100% recommend him to any of my friends or family members (and I have) should they be in need of orthopedic care/services.
Author:
Dr. Gotesman operated on me 09/16/14. I had Hip replacement surgery. I had so much pain. now I feel great thanks to Dr Gotesman September I Go for my follow up checkup. Sincerely, Irene Apostolou
Author:
I can not say enough about this doctor. He takes the time with you to explain everything and makes sure you have the answers to all of your questions. He is very professional and also very nice. He did surgery on both of my knees and took the time to sit with my husband and explain what went on and how I was doing. Would recommend anyone to him.
Author:
finally found an orthopedist that listens to me and THEN makes a treatment decision. Always seemed that others had made up their minds before they even met me.
Author:
Saw Dr Gotesman for a trigger finger condition. I ended up having surgery and highly recommend him. He spent a lot of time explaining everything to me. He was wonderful , Dr Gotesman is a very kind and caring Dr.
Author:
Dr. Gotesman is extremely caring and knowledgeable. He doesn't rush through the exam; he listens and answers all questions.
Author:
I would recommend Dr.Gotesman to any and everyone . He is a very kind , caring , friendly and trustworthy doctor. He has done two hand surgery's and one elbow surgery and I could be anymore pleased . I'm pain free thank you Dr. Gotesman
Author:
Dr. Gotesman was great. He was very kind, thoughtful, and thorough. He explained everything about my injury and what he was going to do to fix the problem. He gave me his realistic opinion of my recovery, which I appreciated. I tore 3 ligaments in my wrist, had a slight fracture, and dislocated the lunar bone in my thumb. He did such a good job that he was shocked by how well my wrist recovered. I would recommend Dr. Gotesman to anyone with a wrist injury.
Author:
Extraordinarily knowledgeable and responsive in an uncomfortable emergency situation.