Dr. Alan Gilbert, MD

Dr. Alan Gilbert, MD

Dermatology  |

Dr. Gilbert is a Board-Certified Dermatologist whose areas of professional interest include general dermatologic diseases, including acne, rosacea, eczema, and psoriasis, as well as the detection and treatment of skin cancers.. He is a member of the Fort Wayne Medical Society, Indiana State Medical Association, Academy of Dermatology, and Indiana Academy of Dermatology. Dr. Gilbert is a past President of the Indiana Academy of Dermatology. Dr. Gilbert is an Assistant Professor of Dermatology at the Indiana University School of Medicine.

Forefront Dermatology - Fort Wayne

10620 Corporate Dr

Fort Wayne, IN 46845

• Sagamore Health Network

Learn about Dr. Gilbert

What began as a single practice has quickly grown into a thriving organization seeking to advance the world of dermatology. Each Forefront physician brings extensive expertise to the practice, and employs the latest, most innovative technologies and techniques possible. Whether you're suffering from acne, or need a skin cancer screening, you know you're getting the best care possible. That's our mission and promise to every Forefront patient.

Dr. Gilbert's Experience

Dr. Gilbert's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Dermatology
  • Board certified in Dermatology

• Dermatology

• Dermatology
    Accredited by: American Board of Dermatology*

• Acne
  • Actinic Keratosis
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Basal Cell Carcinoma
  • Folliculitis
  • Fungal Nail Infection
  • Genital Warts
  • Hair Loss
  • Henoch–Schönlein Purpura (HSP)
  • Herpes Simplex Infection
  • Hidradenitis
  • Hives
  • Intertrigo
  • Itchy Skin
  • Leg and Foot Ulcers
  • Lipomas
  • Melanoma
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Pemphigoid

• Skin Biopsy
  • Skin Screenings
  • Skin Tag Removal
  • Wart Removal

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Indiana.

• Western Reserve University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated
  • Indiana University School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1966
  • Meml Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1967
  • Cleveland Clinic Foundation
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1972

Dr. Gilbert has no media or publications listed.

• American Academy of Dermatology, Member

3.3
Dr. Gilbert's Performance
    GOOD
Ft Wayne, IN |
Saw Dr. Gilbert for the first time 8/1/2017 I was concerned when I saw him for sebaceous hyperplasia and he never checked the areas to verify that was what I had. When I inquired about electric needle. He said he had never heard of such treatment. I was given an RX for a topical treatment the size tube was not available, they called md office, the next morning I called Dr office. they said they had the info and would call me when they got a reply, It has been 5 days still no call from Dr
Ft Wayne, IN |
I have been a patient of Dr. Gilbert for years. He also treated my son. He is a gentle,caring, efficient, and caring doctor. He keeps up with the latest treatments and medicines. He gives me the time I need to discuss treatments. Trust me, he sees just fine and I dread the day he retires. I once went to another local dermatologist on the other side of town and couldn't believe how badly I was treated by the Dr. and even by his nurse!
Indianapolis, IN |
Dr. Gilbert was very personable and professional. He explained what I had seen and advised me how to contact him in the future for any issue. As a skin cancer survivor this was very important to me.
in Ft Wayne, IN |
I have been treated by Dr. Gilbert for many years. He is , by far, most proficient, kind, assuring, and gentle.
Orland, IN |
The doctor, medical and office staff were patient friendly and efficient. Efficient and healthcare do not always go hand-in-hand but they did in my three experiences with this team.
Ft Wayne, IN |
Doctor Gilbert solved the skin problem that I was experiencing in a professional manner. He was excellent. Very thankful that he is in our area.
Ft Wayne, IN |
Excellent, to the point but at the same time attentive to my questions and concerns.
in Fort wayne |
Dr. Gilbert did not listen to anything I told him about my past. Medical history with my skin problems.. He was all about getting me on this new medication for the rest of my life , that nobody can afford to pay for... Although his diagnosis to my problem did give my more to research online to find out what I am allergic to that is causing my rash.
in Auburn, IN |
Everything went very well. Appreciated the timeliness and quick result reported to me. Allen Rhodes
in Warsaw indiana |
As with any metropolitan based practice, wait times are long as well as having to schedule appointments weeks, if not a month out. I do prefer providers in smaller communities that serve the community more efficiently. Having said that, I do like Dr. Gilbert. Knowledgeable, will look me in the the eye and have a conversation with me. He has pride in what he does Practice wise, technology gets in the way. Modern medical practices require all info into a database. Tus, visits are long.
Ft Wayne, IN |
He needs to retire. He has a hard time seeing
in Ft Wayne |
I have been a patient of Dr Gilbert for many years. I always found him to be very knowledgeable and very caring. He will stay with you and answer all of your questions unlike many docs that are in and out in one minute. Wait times were less than average and the staff is very polite. I definitely would recommend Dr Gilbert to anyone looking for a dermatologist!
Ft Wayne, IN |
Dr. Gilbert has treated my family for over 20 years. I have had problems with eczema, melanoma, and precancerous cells. He is to the point, extremely honest and thorough. I recommend him highly.
in Avilla, IN |
Poor attention to patient, ordered expensive treatments & creams (which they just happen to sell in their office), 7 visits with no relief. I need to find a reputable, caring dermologist. I will never recommend this one!
Have you seen Dr. Alan Gilbert, MD?

Visit Dr. Gilbert