Dr. Alan Gilbert, MD

Dr. Alan Gilbert, MD

Dermatology  |

Dr. Alan Gilbert, MD is a dermatology doctor who practices in Fort Wayne, IN. He is 78 years old and has been practicing for 51 years. Read his story

Forefront Dermatology - Fort Wayne

4020 New Vision Dr

Fort Wayne, IN 46845

• Sagamore Health Network

Learn about Dr. Gilbert

See how frequently Dr. Gilbert performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Hives
Psoriasis
Skin Infections

Dr. Gilbert's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Gilbert's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Gilbert "Dr. Gilbert is a Board-Certified Dermatologist whose areas of professional interest include general dermatologic diseases, including acne, rosacea, eczema, and psoriasis, as well as the detection and treatment of skin cancers.. He is a member of the Fort Wayne Medical Society, Indiana State Medical Association, Academy of Dermatology, and Indiana Academy of Dermatology. Dr. Gilbert is a past President of the Indiana Academy of Dermatology. Dr. Gilbert is an Assistant Professor of Dermatology at the Indiana University School of Medicine."

This content was provided by Dr. Gilbert "What began as a single practice has quickly grown into a thriving organization seeking to advance the world of dermatology. Each Forefront physician brings extensive expertise to the practice, and employs the latest, most innovative technologies and techniques possible. Whether you're suffering from acne, or need a skin cancer screening, you know you're getting the best care possible. That's our mission and promise to every Forefront patient."

• Dermatology

• Dermatology
    Accredited by: American Board of Dermatology*

• Acne
  • Actinic Keratosis
  • Athlete's Foot
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Basal Cell Carcinoma
  • Fungal Nail Infection
  • Genital Warts
  • Granuloma of Skin
  • Hair Loss
  • Henoch–Schönlein Purpura (HSP)
  • Herpes Simplex Infection
  • Leg and Foot Ulcers
  • Lichen Planus
  • Lipomas
  • Melanoma
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Pemphigoid

• Skin Biopsy
  • Skin Screenings
  • Skin Tag Removal
  • Wart Removal

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Indiana.

• Western Reserve University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated
  • Indiana University School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1966
  • Meml Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1967
  • Cleveland Clinic Foundation
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1972

Dr. Gilbert has no media or publications listed.

• American Academy of Dermatology, Member

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Gilbert to family and friends
3.6
Dr. Gilbert's Performance
in Huntington,In |
Have been going to Dr.Gilbert for quite a few years now,and am very satisfied with the treatments he has given me,he is very thorough and pleasant,and knows what he is doing,very happy to have him as my doctor
in Fort Wayne, IN |
Dr. Gilbert and his staff are always friendly and answers my questions with a sincere concern for my well-being.
in Fort Wayne |
Dr.Gilbert knew what he was doing. He was very detailed in his examination. I would recommend Dr. Gilbert to anyone.
in Ft Wayne, IN |
Friendly and knowledgeable a professional with many years of treating me.
in Fort Wayne IN. |
I consider Dr Alan Gilbert, MD to be the best Dermatologist in Fort Wayne. He has been my Doctor since moving to Fort Wayne. He has been acurate in every diagnosis, and the care he has given me and my family is greatly appreciated. Gary Allen.
Fort Wayne, IN |
Bob Fort Wayne Dr.Gilbert has been my Dermatologist for probably 30 years and he has seen me through nearly every form of skin cancer including malignant melanoma on three different occasions with the third being metastasized... Dr Gilbert is a very professional and a most caring doctor. His early detection and biopsies allow me to continue to NEED his serves.
As always, it was a quick and satisfactory proceedure. I have always been very satisfied when I had to visit Dr. Gilbert's office.
Ft Wayne, IN |
Saw Dr. Gilbert for the first time 8/1/2017 I was concerned when I saw him for sebaceous hyperplasia and he never checked the areas to verify that was what I had. When I inquired about electric needle. He said he had never heard of such treatment. I was given an RX for a topical treatment the size tube was not available, they called md office, the next morning I called Dr office. they said they had the info and would call me when they got a reply, It has been 5 days still no call from Dr
Hi Thank you for taking the time to post a review. Appreciate your feedback.
Ft Wayne, IN |
I have been a patient of Dr. Gilbert for years. He also treated my son. He is a gentle,caring, efficient, and caring doctor. He keeps up with the latest treatments and medicines. He gives me the time I need to discuss treatments. Trust me, he sees just fine and I dread the day he retires. I once went to another local dermatologist on the other side of town and couldn't believe how badly I was treated by the Dr. and even by his nurse!
Indianapolis, IN |
Dr. Gilbert was very personable and professional. He explained what I had seen and advised me how to contact him in the future for any issue. As a skin cancer survivor this was very important to me.
in Ft Wayne, IN |
I have been treated by Dr. Gilbert for many years. He is , by far, most proficient, kind, assuring, and gentle.
Orland, IN |
The doctor, medical and office staff were patient friendly and efficient. Efficient and healthcare do not always go hand-in-hand but they did in my three experiences with this team.
Ft Wayne, IN |
Doctor Gilbert solved the skin problem that I was experiencing in a professional manner. He was excellent. Very thankful that he is in our area.
Ft Wayne, IN |
Excellent, to the point but at the same time attentive to my questions and concerns.
in Fort wayne |
Dr. Gilbert did not listen to anything I told him about my past. Medical history with my skin problems.. He was all about getting me on this new medication for the rest of my life , that nobody can afford to pay for... Although his diagnosis to my problem did give my more to research online to find out what I am allergic to that is causing my rash.
Hi Thank you for taking the time to post a review. Appreciate your feedback.
in Auburn, IN |
Everything went very well. Appreciated the timeliness and quick result reported to me. Allen Rhodes
in Warsaw indiana |
As with any metropolitan based practice, wait times are long as well as having to schedule appointments weeks, if not a month out. I do prefer providers in smaller communities that serve the community more efficiently. Having said that, I do like Dr. Gilbert. Knowledgeable, will look me in the the eye and have a conversation with me. He has pride in what he does Practice wise, technology gets in the way. Modern medical practices require all info into a database. Tus, visits are long.
Ft Wayne, IN |
He needs to retire. He has a hard time seeing
Hi Thank you for posting a review. I appreciate your feedback.
in Ft Wayne |
I have been a patient of Dr Gilbert for many years. I always found him to be very knowledgeable and very caring. He will stay with you and answer all of your questions unlike many docs that are in and out in one minute. Wait times were less than average and the staff is very polite. I definitely would recommend Dr Gilbert to anyone looking for a dermatologist!
Ft Wayne, IN |
Dr. Gilbert has treated my family for over 20 years. I have had problems with eczema, melanoma, and precancerous cells. He is to the point, extremely honest and thorough. I recommend him highly.
in Avilla, IN |
Poor attention to patient, ordered expensive treatments & creams (which they just happen to sell in their office), 7 visits with no relief. I need to find a reputable, caring dermologist. I will never recommend this one!
Have you seen Dr. Alan Gilbert, MD?

Visit Dr. Gilbert