Dr. Alan Garely, MD

Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery ·  Male · Age 57

Dr. Garely

South Nassau Urogynecology

1 S Central Ave Valley Stream, NY 11580

Dr. Alan Garely, MD is a female pelvic medicine & reconstructive surgery specialist in Valley Stream, NY and has been practicing for 24 years. He graduated from St George's University in 1989 and specializes in female pelvic medicine & reconstructive surgery and obstetrics & gynecology.

Dr. Garely's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Garely

Dr. Garely?
Dr. Garely's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Alan Garely, MD
RecentMost Helpful
Let me tell you about an AMAZING doctor. His name is DR. ALAN GARELY and he is a UROGYNECOLOGIST. My former gynecologist diagnosed me with bladder prolapse, but did little to remedy my problem. I was very uncomfortable!! At my first visit, Dr. Garely THOROUGHLY explained my situation and said that surgery was needed. He operated on me at South Nassau Communities Hospital where I had excellent care. Dr. Garely and his staff are very PROFESSIONAL, KNOWLEDGEABLE and CARING. Dr. Garely CORRECTED MY PROBLEM and I FEEL FANTASTIC!! I have my life back and I will be FOREVER GRATEFUL!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Garely, MD?
Dr. Garely chose the most efficient surgical procedure to correct my 89 year old mother’s severe uterine prolapse. She recovered quickly and has a new lease on life. It is well worth the drive into Nassau County to be treated by Dr. Garely and his entire knowledgable and caring staff at South Nassau Community Hospital.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Garely, MD?
Great Doctor and Surgeon. His staff and colleagues in the office were excellent and caring.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Garely, MD?
Dr. Garely and his entire staff are absolutely amazing! I had surgery for my prolapse 2 months ago and was able to go back to work the following week. The staff is so caring and always available to answer any questions before and after the surgery. I had met with three different surgeons over the years and knew that Dr. Garely was the one. This was the best decision I ever made and can’t believe this problem is now behind me.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Garely, MD?
I’ve been seeing dr. Garley for the last 17 years. He has exactly what a patient needs in a doctor, especially a specialist that covers both urinary & gynecological issues. He is professional, personable & knowledgeable. I highly recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Garely, MD?
Dr. Garely is by far the most skilled and professional surgeon I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. He is thiroughly aware of your problem without having to explain it. I am writing in the hope that any woman reading this and going through urinary incontinence will go see Dr Garely. My life was completely changed for the better after my November 13,2018 surgery. Dr Garely is a miracle worker and I have the utmost respect for his concern and compassion for all Women who pay him a visit!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Garely, MD?
Dr. Garely listened to me and answered all of my questions. He spoke to me in a way I understood. He was thorough and knowledgeable. He had a good bedside manner.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Garely, MD?
I'm glad I recently had the pelvic organ prolapse surgery with Dr. Garely. I'm not in pain anymore, and I'm functioning so much better. He and his staff provided excellent care and guided me through each step of the procedure and recovery. I highly recommend him. No need to suffer anymore.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Garely, MD?
I can't say enough good things about Dr. Garely and his staff at the Valley Stream office. They are kind, helpful, thorough with their examinations and explanations of procedures.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Garely, MD?
So grateful to have finally met a truly compassionate doctor. Thank you Dr. Garley for relieving me of the feelings of hopelessness. You and your entire staff are very rare unfortunately. Thank you again!! Looking so forward to feeling fabulous again!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Garely, MD?
I had the pleasure of meeting Dr. Garely and having him perform a pelvic floor surgery on me. The surgery went great he and his wonderful staff made me feel very comfortable in my recovery and treatment at South Nassau Community’s Hospital. Thank you Dr. Garely
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Garely, MD?
My gynecologist recommended surgery for rectocele repair & told me to see Dr. Garely if I could travel to NY (1 1/2 hours away). I met with him within a week & immediately felt at ease & confident that I'd made the right decision. He also did a perineoplasty with the rectocele repair at the end of April. My issue is completely resolved, I'm back at the gym & feeling great. Everything went just as he said. I am 100% satisfied with his skills (surgical & bedside manner)& his caring staff
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Garely, MD?
After visiting a few doctors regarding my prolapse condition, I saw Dr. Garely for my surgery. I was impressed with his knowledge and approach to solving my condition through surgery. I never felt anxious or nervous regarding my upcoming surgery with Dr. Garely as I knew I would be in good hands. His professionalism and demeanor are exemplary. I highly recommend Dr. Garely.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Garely, MD?
Dr. Garely provided exceptional care and concern.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Garely, MD?
Dr. Garely is an amazing doctor. I’m so thankful to him for helping me through my issues.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Garely, MD?
I saw Dr. Garely for problems w/ immediate urgent needs using the bathroom.and embarassing problems w/ incontinence, etc. We tried medication but it did not work well. I had surgery last January 2017. Dr. Garely explained everything to me. I almost did not believe him when he said how quick my recovery would be, how fast the surgery would be and the results. He was right! In the operating room, he had," Send me an angel" playing. He was my angel. NO more embarassments, No need for incontinence
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Garely, MD?
I am very pleased with his service for Sling operation. He is an excellent surgeon and I highly recommend him. He is the best.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Garely, MD?
I recently had surgery with Dr.Garely. My surgery was on Oct 31, 2017 and I am 7 weeks out at this point and this man has totally changed my life. I am so happy and grateful I feel like I have a new lease on life. For years I had urine incontinence, a prolapsed uterus and other issues. He met with me late August and took his time, explained the procedures that I needed, and really put me at ease. His office staff, amazing: esp Krystal from booking. I am happy with my surgery and the result
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Garely, MD?
Dr Alan Garely was highly recommended by my gynecologist and my internist for my uterine prolapse and bladder leakage. After meeting with him and his staff I knew I had made the correct choice for my surgery. I had my surgery in September and I am very pleased with my results. Every person I came in contact with was highly professional and knowledgeable. They made me feel very comfortable and at ease from the time of scheduling, during surgery and thru the recovery process.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Garely, MD?
I am very grateful for this doctor he changed my life and I couldnt have asked for my operation to come out any better. Dr. Garely and his staff are extremely professional. Thank you so much and may god bless you!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Garely, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Garely?

I strive to provide the highest level of care in the area of urogynecology and pelvic reconstructive surgery. As one of the only fellowship trained and board certified pelvic surgeons (female pelvic medicine and reconstructive surgery) in New York, I...

• Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery

1993
1990
1989
1984

• Swift S, Garely AD. New once-daily Formulation of Tolterodine provides Superior efficacy, well tolerated…., 2003
  • Garely AD, Burrows LJ. Benefit-Risk Assessment of Tolterodine in the Treatment of OAB in Adults, 2004
  • Abbas S, Garely AD. Recognition of Occult bladder injury during the TVT Procedure, 2002
  • Young at Heart Radio Talk Show on Incontinence, 2003
  • Interstim with Dr. Max Gomez, 1999

Dr. Garely accepts

Dr. Garely accepts the following insurance:

EmblemHealth

• Colpopexy With Robotic Assistance
  • Colporrhaphy
  • Colposcopy
  • Cystourethroscopy and Transurethral Resection of Bladder Neck
  • Destruction or Excision of Lesion of Cervix (incl. LEEP)
  • Destruction or Excision of Vaginal Lesions
  • Interstim® Sacral Nerve Stimulator
  • Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
  • Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Nausea
  • Rectocele
  • Rectovaginal Fistula
  • Rh Incompatibility Screening
  • Sacrocolpopexy Prolapse
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Sexually Transmitted Infections Screening