Dr. Alan D. Garely, MD

Dr. Alan D. Garely, MD

Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery | Male | 54 years old

I strive to provide the highest level of care in the area of urogynecology and pelvic reconstructive surgery. As one of the only fellowship trained and board certified pelvic surgeons (female pelvic medicine and reconstructive surgery) in New York, I utilize only the most reliable and up to date techniques. Our practice specializes in patients who have been told they have few places to turn. We work closely with some of the best urologists, colorectal surgeons, and plastic surgeons.Read more

Dr. Garely's Experience

See how Dr. Garely's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Garely

Dr. Garely accepts 7 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 4 hospitals where Dr. Garely has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

×

Dr. Garely's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Garely to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Garely
Dr. Garely's Office & Staff
    16 – 30 minutes (45)
Long Beach, NY |
Dr. Garely performed a supracervical hysterectomy (for uterine prolapse) on me six weeks ago with outstanding results. I feel brand new! It was easy for me to undergo this surgery because I trusted him completely. Dr. Garely is always professional knowledgeable, honest and kind. He is attentive and takes time to answer all questions. Dr. Garely also offers conservative measures if you are not ready for surgery.
in Neponsit, NY |
I had a hysterectomy and other pelvic repair procedures with Dr. Garley eight weeks ago at South Nassau Community Hospital. The surgery was successful, the recovery was very easy and the staff at both Dr. Garely's office and the the hospital were excellent.
in Basking Ridge NJ |
Don't wait any longer, make an appointment with Dr. Garely now! He and his staff made this experience so comfortable for me. I can't say enough about everyone involved from the Dr. to his nurses to the hospital staff pre and post op. I was so nervous and was treated so well with care concern and professionalism. Highly recommend Dr. Garely.
Princeton, NJ |
Dr. Garely's optimism and confidence at being able to surgically manage my condition and let me get back into life was infectious, and the time he spent with me reviewing my options and risk/benefit information banished my few remaining fears and allowed me to arrive at the hospital on surgery day confident and calm. During my recovery, Dr. Garely and his staff were wonderful and responsive whenever I had a question.
in New York, NY |
My hysterectomy went smoothly. Painkillers kept me very comfortable. The Nassau county hospital was lovely. The office staff was great. Best of all, Dr. Garely did a great all around job!
Holmdel, NJ |
I'm very happy with Dr Garely. I needed a pelvic sling, had surgery done, no post op pain or complications and I'm back to my routine 6 weeks after the procedure. And I have no more leaks. As far as my office and hospital experience, everyone, from staff, medical team, assistants to Dr. Garely, was very caring and attentive throughout the entire process. The one and only negative aspect of it was the long wait time at the office and hospital before the surgery. 2 hour delay in 2 out of 3 appts
in Floral Park, NY |
Dr. Garley has a very good bedside manner, takes time to explain ever thing and his staff is very welcoming and dressed in scrubs which makes anyone feel very comfortable. I had a bladder lift and a hysterectomy and all went very well. While going back after 6 weeks for a check up his presence made my day, he is an excellent surgeon. I would recommend him very highly.....JoAnne
in Oceanside, NY |
Dr. Garely Is a great choice when looking to fix your leaky Bladder. I found him to be informative and professional. I knew what to expect and I am delighted with the results. No more mini-pads and embarrassing leaks. Dr Garely is a God send! Not only did he fix my problem but he is kind and very reassuring. He runs his office efficiently and I never have to wait long.
Dearborn |
Gentle knowledgeable and kind. Best bedside manners. Changed my life. Helped me overcome uncomfortable frequent urination. Posterior correction surgery went as a breeze.
New York, NY |
He changed my life! I had a prolapsed bladder and I am all better!
New York, NY |
He changed my life! I had a prolapsed bladder and I am all better!
in New York, NY |
I'm 59 years old and had suffered from cervical prolapse for the past few years. Dr. Garely performed a supra-cervical hysterectomy and trans-vaginal sling. Recovery was gradual but after about 5 weeks I was feeling great. Dr. Garely is a very busy man but he takes tremendous pride in doing a perfect job.
Have you seen Dr. Alan D. Garely, MD?
Are you Dr. Garely?

Compare Dr. Garely

Dr. Garely's Care Philosophy

Dr. Garely's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery
  •  Board certified in Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery and Obstetrics & Gynecology
  •  Malpractice claims found

Dr. Garely has no awards or honors listed.

• Swift S, Garely AD. New once-daily Formulation of Tolterodine provides Superior efficacy, well tolerated…., 2003
    • Garely AD, Burrows LJ. Benefit-Risk Assessment of Tolterodine in the Treatment of OAB in Adults, 2004
    • Abbas S, Garely AD. Recognition of Occult bladder injury during the TVT Procedure, 2002
    • Young at Heart Radio Talk Show on Incontinence, 2003

• Gynecologic Cancer
  • Hemorrhoids
  • Incontinence
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Nausea

Lsuhsc McLno/Lsuhc

Completed in 1995

Hampshire College

Graduated in 1984

Dr. Garely does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Garely and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery