Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery  |
Dr. Alan Garely, MD
Dr. Alan Garely, MD is a female pelvic medicine & reconstructive surgery doctor who practices in Valley Stream, NY. He is 55 years old and has been practicing for 28 years. Dr. Garely is affiliated with Saint Francis Hospital Roslyn, Mount Sinai Hospital, Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Center and South Nassau Communities Hospital.

1 S Central Ave

Valley Stream, NY 11580

• EmblemHealth
  • MVP Health Care

Learn about Dr. Garely

See how frequently Dr. Garely performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Vaginal and Pelvic Prolapse
Bladder Surgery
Colporrhaphy

Dr. Garely's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Garely "I strive to provide the highest level of care in the area of urogynecology and pelvic reconstructive surgery. As one of the only fellowship trained and board certified pelvic surgeons (female pelvic medicine and reconstructive surgery) in New York, I utilize only the most reliable and up to date techniques. Our practice specializes in patients who have been told they have few places to turn. We work closely with some of the best urologists, colorectal surgeons, and plastic surgeons."

• Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery

• Gynecologic Cancer
  • Hemorrhoids
  • Incontinence
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Nausea
  • Prolapsed Bladder
  • Rectocele
  • Rectovaginal Fistula
  • Sacrocolpopexy Prolapse
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Sickle Cell Disease

• Colpopexy With Robotic Assistance
  • Colporrhaphy
  • Colposcopy
  • Cystourethroscopy and Transurethral Resection of Bladder Neck
  • Destruction or Excision of Lesion of Cervix (incl. LEEP)
  • Destruction or Excision of Vaginal Lesions

• Saint Vincents
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1993
  • Lsuhsc McLno/Lsuhc
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1995

Dr. Garely has no awards or honors listed.

• Swift S, Garely AD. New once-daily Formulation of Tolterodine provides Superior efficacy, well tolerated…., 2003
  • Garely AD, Burrows LJ. Benefit-Risk Assessment of Tolterodine in the Treatment of OAB in Adults, 2004
  • Abbas S, Garely AD. Recognition of Occult bladder injury during the TVT Procedure, 2002
  • Young at Heart Radio Talk Show on Incontinence, 2003
  • Interstim with Dr. Max Gomez, 1999

Dr. Garely does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Garely and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Garely's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Garely to family and friends
Dr. Garely's Performance
Massapequa |
Dr Alan Garely was highly recommended by my gynecologist and my internist for my uterine prolapse and bladder leakage. After meeting with him and his staff I knew I had made the correct choice for my surgery. I had my surgery in September and I am very pleased with my results. Every person I came in contact with was highly professional and knowledgeable. They made me feel very comfortable and at ease from the time of scheduling, during surgery and thru the recovery process.
I am very grateful for this doctor he changed my life and I couldnt have asked for my operation to come out any better. Dr. Garely and his staff are extremely professional. Thank you so much and may god bless you!
in New York, NY |
Dr. Garely is a brilliant surgeon, which I was told by my gynecologist and is now confirmed by my experience. He performed what seemed like very complicated surgery for prolapse and I was surprised by how quickly I recovered. I also like his compassionate and very straightforward way of communicating.
Brooklyn, NY |
After needing to have a hysterectomy (performed by another suregon due to my extreme pain caused by endometriosis) , I began to have on and off sharp pain, along with lingering pain in the clittoral area. I was referred to him & after several diagnostic tests, the cause of my condition remained a mystery. He never stopped until he figured out a way to give me relief. For 12 weeks, I underwent in office treatments, similar to acupuncture. I am pleased to write this review 2 years later PAINFREE!
Babylon, NY |
Having a mother who had an issue, I wasn't surprised when I had chronic UTI's. I visited two different doctors on Long Island who did not get the issue resolved (gave each a year). I looked for a NYC city planning on going into Manhattan and lucked out when I came across this doctor who is on Long Island and NYC. He resolved the issue right out of the gate. Highly recommend this doctor.....
in Lindenhurst, NY |
In December of 2016, my bladder prolapsed yet again. During a partial hysterectomy in 2007, it was tacked up, but that did not completely fix the problem. My gynecologist recommended Dr. Garely. My first visit was in his NYC office whereby he recommended using FDA approved mesh to hold my bladder in place. On a scale of 1-10, my case was a 9, and at 50 years old, I did not want to live this way. He performed the surgery without a hitch. Today I am healed, happy, and satisfied with the results.
in seaford, ny |
He is truly a great doctor. He was informative and caring and the staff was excellent.
in Bronx, NY |
I went to Dr. Garely for a Hysterectomy 2 months ago. Not only do I feel 100% better, but the process leading up to and after the surgery were excellent, thanks to Dr. Garely. The staff was extremely helpful and answered all of my questions with ease. I trusted his decisions and would highly recommend him.
New York, NY |
When contemplating surgery for uterine prolapse, my gynecologist recommended that I meet with Dr. Garely for a second opinion: She views him as a “doctor’s doctor” because of his track record in repairing the botched surgeries of other doctors, particularly those involving the inappropriate use of surgical mesh. I shared the first surgeon’s recommendations with Dr. Garely, who noted that he thought the original doctor was highly capable. But he said that in my case he would opt for abdomin
Long Beach, NY |
Dr. Garely performed a supracervical hysterectomy (for uterine prolapse) on me six weeks ago with outstanding results. I feel brand new! It was easy for me to undergo this surgery because I trusted him completely. Dr. Garely is always professional knowledgeable, honest and kind. He is attentive and takes time to answer all questions. Dr. Garely also offers conservative measures if you are not ready for surgery.
in Neponsit, NY |
I had a hysterectomy and other pelvic repair procedures with Dr. Garley eight weeks ago at South Nassau Community Hospital. The surgery was successful, the recovery was very easy and the staff at both Dr. Garely's office and the the hospital were excellent.
in Basking Ridge NJ |
Don't wait any longer, make an appointment with Dr. Garely now! He and his staff made this experience so comfortable for me. I can't say enough about everyone involved from the Dr. to his nurses to the hospital staff pre and post op. I was so nervous and was treated so well with care concern and professionalism. Highly recommend Dr. Garely.
Princeton, NJ |
Dr. Garely's optimism and confidence at being able to surgically manage my condition and let me get back into life was infectious, and the time he spent with me reviewing my options and risk/benefit information banished my few remaining fears and allowed me to arrive at the hospital on surgery day confident and calm. During my recovery, Dr. Garely and his staff were wonderful and responsive whenever I had a question.
in New York, NY |
My hysterectomy went smoothly. Painkillers kept me very comfortable. The Nassau county hospital was lovely. The office staff was great. Best of all, Dr. Garely did a great all around job!
Holmdel, NJ |
I'm very happy with Dr Garely. I needed a pelvic sling, had surgery done, no post op pain or complications and I'm back to my routine 6 weeks after the procedure. And I have no more leaks. As far as my office and hospital experience, everyone, from staff, medical team, assistants to Dr. Garely, was very caring and attentive throughout the entire process. The one and only negative aspect of it was the long wait time at the office and hospital before the surgery. 2 hour delay in 2 out of 3 appts
in Floral Park, NY |
Dr. Garley has a very good bedside manner, takes time to explain ever thing and his staff is very welcoming and dressed in scrubs which makes anyone feel very comfortable. I had a bladder lift and a hysterectomy and all went very well. While going back after 6 weeks for a check up his presence made my day, he is an excellent surgeon. I would recommend him very highly.....JoAnne
in Oceanside, NY |
Dr. Garely Is a great choice when looking to fix your leaky Bladder. I found him to be informative and professional. I knew what to expect and I am delighted with the results. No more mini-pads and embarrassing leaks. Dr Garely is a God send! Not only did he fix my problem but he is kind and very reassuring. He runs his office efficiently and I never have to wait long.
Dearborn |
Gentle knowledgeable and kind. Best bedside manners. Changed my life. Helped me overcome uncomfortable frequent urination. Posterior correction surgery went as a breeze.
New York, NY |
He changed my life! I had a prolapsed bladder and I am all better!
in New York, NY |
I'm 59 years old and had suffered from cervical prolapse for the past few years. Dr. Garely performed a supra-cervical hysterectomy and trans-vaginal sling. Recovery was gradual but after about 5 weeks I was feeling great. Dr. Garely is a very busy man but he takes tremendous pride in doing a perfect job.
Have you seen Dr. Alan Garely, MD?
Are you Dr. Garely?