Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Alan Daniels, MD
Dr. Alan Daniels, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Providence, RI. He is 36 years old and has been practicing for 9 years. Dr. Daniels is affiliated with Rhode Island Hospital and Miriam Hospital.

100 Butler Dr

Providence, RI 02906

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
  • Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
  • Tufts Health Plan

Learn about Dr. Daniels

I believe in a cooperative, patient-centered approach to healthcare. Every patient is unique in their needs and goals for treatment, and I involve patients in all aspects of decision making for their care. I am blessed with an excellent team of healthcare providers composed of medical assistants, nurses, physical and occupational therapists, social workers, nonoperative physicians, and surgeons who work together to provide excellent care for patients.

Spinal conditions are complex problems which often can be treated without surgery. Whenever possible, I attempt to treat conditions with non-surgical methods for helping patients relieve their pain and suffering. When surgery becomes necessary, our team will work with you to make every effort to make the process as painless as possible and return you to your life quickly.

Dr. Daniels' Experience

Dr. Daniels' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

• Minimally Invasive Orthopedic Spine Surgery
  • Orthopedic Spine Reconstructive Surgery
  • Orthopedic Spine Surgery

Dr. Daniels does not have any board certifications listed.

• Ankle Fracture
  • Cervical Spine Disorders
  • Degenerative Spine Disorders
  • Femur Fracture
  • Foot Fracture
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Gout
  • Hand Fracture
  • Hip Fracture
  • Hip Sprain
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

• Knee Arthroscopy
  • Knee Surgery
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Closed
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities
  • Spine Fracture Treatment
  • Spine Surgery
  • Spine and Back Procedures

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Rhode Island.

• University Of California At Berkeley
    Undergraduate School | Graduated
  • Oregon Health Sciences University
    Medical School | Graduated 2008

Dr. Daniels has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Daniels has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Daniels does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Daniels and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Daniels' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Daniels to family and friends
Dr. Daniels' Performance
Lincoln, RI |
Dr. Daniels and his staff were exceptionally friendly and made me feel very comfortable while facing the difficult news of needing spine surgery. He thoroughly explained everything to me and never made me feel rushed or pressured about decisions I had to make. He accepted me as a patient when I had to leave my previous doctor and made the transition simple and easy. I had surgery two weeks after learning I had a spine issue and was back to full daily activities 2 weeks following surgery.
in North Providence, RI |
Dr. Daniels is by far the best doctor I have seen overall. He performed at diseconomy on my lumbar spine (removed a herniated disk from the lower back) and I was back to my daily routine just a few days later. Following my surgery, he was even willing to answer my call at 9:30pm on a Sunday night to answer my many questions regarding post-op. He also makes an effort to get to know each of his patients and was the first visitor I had the morning following my surgery, just to check in on me.
in Providence, RI |
Brandy Isomin Rhode Island I had surgery March 6, 2017 and I feel wonderful. Dr. Daniels performed an anterior and posterior lumber fusion and I no longer have serve pain in my right leg. Everyone at University of Orthopedics has been wonderful. My experience has been great. I truly appreciated it. I am so gladful I did this and now I can get back to the old me. I am glad to meet one of the best doctor's. Thanks,
in RI |
Dr. Daniels was excellent on all fronts. He understood my pain and diagnosed the problem quickly, knew exactly how to fix it, and took the time to explain the surgery that was required - a cervical discectomy and fusion of multiple discs. Dr. Daniels was empathetic, has a wonderful personality, and genuinely expresses care and concern every time you see him. The best part... he performed the surgery perfectly. My family and I will be forever grateful to Dr. Daniels and University Orthopedic.
in Smithfield, RI |
I had the grate fortune to be referred to Dr. Daniels by my Family Doctor when I was in need of spinal surgery for stenos in my lower back. Dr. Daniels was no only well knowledge in this type of surgery, his expertise and caring manner made for a very successful surgery and a fast recovery…I would recommend him without any hesitation.
in Warwick RI |
Dr Daniels, is excellent and very kind. My experience was wonderful. Thank you Dr Daniels!!!
in North Providence, RI |
I highly recommend Dr. Daniels. He was able to diagnose me for Spinal stenosis Myelopathy clearly and quickly based on my MRI and symptoms. His staff Sarah and Lisa are exceptionally competent and compassionate. They scheduled the necessary tests in a timely manner and were able to schedule surgery quickly. Dr. Daniels explained the surgical procedure in detail and made both my family and me extremely comfortable. Dr. Daniels returned my quality of my life back.
in N. Dighton, MA |
Dr. Alan Daniels is without question the most caring and capable physician I have ever known. During the almost two years I was under his expert care, Dr. Daniels and his staff made me feel more like a family friend rather than just another patient. After two complex spine surgeries, my recovery is going very well with no complications! It has been quite the journey for me and my family, however Dr. Daniels and his outstanding staff have expertly cared for me every step of the way! Thanks!
in NORTH SMITHFIELD |
I am 58 and 18 days into my recovery from a diskectomy procedure.It is evident that the procedure was a total success. My family and friends are impressed with the progress of my recovery.My life is already 90 percent back to normal with the only exception for heavy lifting.That is because my work is physically demanding and I respect every ones investment to get my health back.A 10 rating to Dr.Daniels,Lisa,Sarah and staff for treated me like their only patient.This group has a bright future.
in Warwick, RI |
Caring, informative, confident
in Cranston, RI |
At our first appointment, Dr. Daniels gave me something that my previous orthopedic did not -- his time. After living with severe back pain for weeks and not having success with less invasive measures, I agreed that spine surgery was the necessary next step. Though I wasn't crazy about the idea, Dr. Daniels answered all of my questions and assured me that I would feel better and be able to resume a normal life after surgery. Thanks to Dr. Daniels, I am now on the road to recovery.
in Providence,RI |
Dr. Daniels is undeniably the BEST doctor I have EVER encountered. He took such great care of my father during his injury. He treated us like we were family. He took the time to listen and understand what he was going through! On the morning of surgery his thoroughness and detail put everyone at ease knowing we were taking the best course possible to address all of the issues. His receptionist is amazing as well. She is detail oriented and takes the time to know the patients of the practice!
Providence, RI |
Spent time to explain everything. Very nice doctor.
Arrogant.
Have you seen Dr. Alan Daniels, MD?
Are you Dr. Daniels?

See our Orthopedic Surgery Specialist at Southcoast Hospitals Group – Charlton Memorial

Visit Dr. Daniels