Dr. Alan K. Cole, MD

Dr. Alan K. Cole, MD

Headache Management | Male | 48 years old

We at Southern Neuro and Spine pride ourselves on our philosophy of care, which is based on the most up-to-date medical procedures combined with an approach directed towards each patient's individual needs. All headache conditions are unique. Our aim, to improve the lives of people with headaches and migraine, is at the core of everything we do. In turn, how we work is always based teamwork and communication so the person at the center of everything that we do is you – the patient.Read more

Personal Bio

Dr. Cole's Experience

See how Dr. Cole's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Cole

Dr. Cole accepts 8 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Cole has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Experience with Dr. Cole
Dr. Cole's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (10)
Dr. Cole Says:

Thank you for taking the time to review Southern Neuro and Spine. Your feedback is valuable to our continued improvement in serving you.

If you have any questions or complaints, please consider calling us at 601-579-4440 so that we may continue to help you to the best of our ability.

in Hattiesburg, ms |
Dr. Cole is one of the only doctors that I have visited that genuinely seemed to care about curing my migraine problem, not just mask the pain. He did not downplay any of my symptoms and genuinely cared about every detail of my condition that I described to him. Doctors with bedside manner this amazing who also are as educated in their field as Dr. Cole is are hard to find. Highly recomend.
in Lumberton Ms |
Dr. Cole explained and educated me on my pain. He listens to me as well, without down playing it to me. I look forward to a GREAT Doctor/Patient relationship.I also found him to be a Gentleman, afterall , how many Doctors would take the time out of their busy schedule to escort a 58yr. old lady to the Restroom? He sure DID.. WOW, that's rare these days.... Ur the best Doc.!!!!!
in Sumrall, MS |
Dr. Cole has been my neurologist since 2012 or 2013 when I was referred due to chronic migraines. He has always treated me with respect, and never down played my pain level, ever. He always encourages me to get off of my bum and exercise, take care of me because no one else can, only me, and he's right. Due to his care, I am able to keep my migraines to a minimum. I wish I had known about him when he first came to Hattiesburg. My favorite part of the visits, I always learn something non-medical.
in Hattiesburg, MS |
great treatment, took care of my pain.
in Hattiesburg, MS |
He is a great Southern Neurological/Spinal Inst. He has helped me very much!
Have you seen Dr. Alan K. Cole, MD?
Are you Dr. Cole?

Compare Dr. Cole

Dr. Cole says...

Dr. Alan Cole is a fellowship trained headache specialist who focuses on patient care and emphasizes a team approach to migraine management. Migraines effect more than 14 million people in the United States. More than 90% of sufferers are unable to work or function normally during their migraine attacks. While most sufferers experience attacks once or twice a month, about 14 million people experience headaches on a near-daily basis. About 18% of American women and 6% of men suffer from migraine.

At Southern Neuro and Spine, Dr. Cole's headache team will take each patient as they come with a focus on lifestyle changes and non-opiate management of pain whenever possible. He participates with the DEA and is on the cutting edge of the latest and most successful migraine management therapies. Dr. Cole has trained with Mississippi at UMMC and nationally with the Jefferson Headache Center in Pennsylvania. His focus is one patient, one headache at a time.

Dr. Cole's Care Philosophy

Dr. Cole says...

Dr. Cole spent 2010-2011 training at the Jefferson Headache Center in Philadelphia, PA.

He worked closely with leading headache experts and worked daily to understand and develop his methods of headache treatment.

He has had over 10,000 hours of training under the best headache physicians in the country along with over five years of practice specifically with patients with headache conditions. His clinic uses top of the line treatments to battle a condition that can be debilitating to most migraine sufferers.

Dr. Cole says...

Dr. Cole offers Trigger Point and Nerve Block Injections, Botox and Infusion therapy for patients who have been screened and determined to need more aggressive care. Please call your primary care doctor about referral so that we may help you with your headache condition today.

Dr. Cole says...

Dr. Cole's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Headache Management
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades
  •  Malpractice claims in Mississippi not available

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Mississippi.

• Alzheimer's Disease
  • Vascular Headache

St George's Hospital Medical School
    University of Mississippi
    Jefferson Headache Center

Dr. Cole does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Cole and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Headache Management

• Nerve Block, Sympathetic
  • Non-Cosmetic Chemodenervation
  • Peripheral Nerve Block

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.