Dr. Alan Cohen, MD

Neurosurgery ·  Male · Age 67

Dr. Cohen

Dr. Alan Cohen, MD is a neurosurgery specialist in Baltimore, MD and has been practicing for 37 years. He graduated from Joan Sanford I Weill Medical College Of Cornell University in 1978 and specializes in neurosurgery and pediatric neurosurgery.

Make an appointment

Dr. Cohen accepts

Dr. Cohen accepts the following insurance:

Blue Choice Advantage
Blue Preferred PPO
CareFirst Maryland POS
Geisinger Health Plan
Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
Harvard Pilgrim Health Care PPO
Tufts Health Plan
Tufts PPO

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Maryland

Check Dr. Cohen's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Cohen?
Dr. Cohen's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Alan Cohen, MD
Recent
Dr. Cohen was wonderful! He explained my son's surgery and made sure we we're comfortable with what was going to be done. Then post OP, he (and his team) made sure to check on my son and give us updates on how his recovery would look like.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Cohen, MD?
Dr. Cohen and his entire team are wonderful. He truly cares about the patient and the family. He put the patient first. He takes time explaining things. He has a delightful beside manner to go with phenomenal skills as a doctor. My daughter would not be hear today without him and his team!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Cohen, MD?
He is very nice doctor, talked and explained exactly what was goung on with my 1 year old and was very patient. He also completed his procedure in the time frame that was given to me and it was successful . I could feel his concerns for my baby and he made sure he continued to update me on everything. He deserves a five star..
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Cohen, MD?
Dr Cohen is amazing my lil girl has hydrocephalus she had shunt placement and he was absolutely amazing
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Cohen, MD?
Wonderful doctor who is compassionate and extremely knowledgeable!! We couldn’t have asked for a better doctor to care for our son! He went above and beyond to make sure we understood what was going and called afterwards to follow up and check on our son! We were blessed to have him!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Cohen, MD?
He’s the best doctor I’ve ever had. He remembers his patients and that’s something you find rare in a big hospital. He’s very kind genuine human being. He makes you feel comfortable and relaxed. He always makes sure that you are okay. Every visit he’s always told me that I could call him if anything else. I’m glad to have had him as my surgeon for my brain surgery. He did beyond an amazing job and had me smiling before surgery. He’s amazing!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Cohen, MD?
Dr. Cohen is an incredible surgeon. He performed cranial surgery on our 3 month old son and the results are incredible. Dr. Cohen explained all our options to us in great detail and made sure we were on the same page with him when making decisions. The team at Hopkins was great from start to finish. We requested surgery to be scheduled incredibly quick and everything went flawlessly. We are extremely grateful for the talents of Dr. Cohen and his team. Thank you for all you did for our family
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Cohen, MD?
This man saved our son’s life! Dr. Cohen is amazing with our son, he really knows how to talk to children. He was honest, up front, and compassionate. To top it off he has a wicked Elvis Presley collection.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Cohen, MD?
We are so grateful to have Dr. Cohen as my son's neurosurgeon. Dr. Cohen recently performed a spinal surgery for my 3 months old son. Dr. Cohen is experienced and honest, guiding us from the first checkup to after the surgery. He has the patient's interest at heart. Our lives changed for the better because of Dr. Cohen, there is not enough words to thank him. He and his team are truly excellent.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Cohen, MD?
Dr. Cohen is wonderful!! He recently performed surgery on our 20 year old son and was amazing. Not only is he skilled surgeon but has wonderful bedside manner. I would highly recommend Dr Cohen!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Cohen, MD?
Is it possible to leave six stars? Or seven? Dr. Cohen ranks off the charts. He is an incredible compassionate and skilled surgeon, and comforted and reassured our family throughout the entire surgical process, as well as before and after. He and his wife and the entire pediatric neurosurgical team are incredible. He answered all of our questions in a calm manner and his demeanor gave my son strength to recover well. We simply love Dr. Cohen and cannot recommend him highly enough.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Cohen, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Cohen?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Cohen treats patients.

Compare Providers