Dr. Alan Brackup, MD

OphthalmologyMaleAge 63

Dr. Alan Brackup, MD is a Ophthalmology Specialist in Langhorne, PA and has over 37 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Stanford University medical school in 1984. He is affiliated with St. Mary Medical Center. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Brackup to book an appointment.

Dr. Brackup
1717 Langhorne Newtown Rd Ste 150 Langhorne, PA 19047

Compare with other Ophthalmology Specialists

Compare Dr. Brackup with our nearby Ophthalmology Specialists at Jefferson Lansdale Hospital.

Make an appointment at Jefferson Lansdale Hospital today at (215) 596-4838.

Filter by
Provider Ratings

These providers are on the medical staff of Jefferson Lansdale Hospital.

Dr. Brackup's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Brackup

4.5

Dr. Brackup?
  • Staff friendliness (47)
  • Appointment scheduling (46)
  • Explained conditions well (46)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (6)
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions (6)
  • Appointment was rushed (5)
I was nervous to take the plunge into having a facelift but my friend, who used Dr. Brackup and looked amazing afterwards, convinced me to talk to him. So I did. It was a great experience. He explained everything very calmly and clearly and eased my apprehensions. I was given prescriptions after the surgery to help the recovery and the facelift came out great and met all my expectations. If I could give Dr. Brackup a “10” I would!
Marilyn Plawner – Jul 24, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Brackup, MD?
I recently had lower eyelid blepharoplasy with laser skin resurfacing and I could not be happier with the results. Dr. Brackup is a skilled surgeon and the results he achieved exceeded my expectations. He is very personable and his staff is wonderful. I’m so glad I had this done and I no longer hear “you look tired”.
Dec 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Brackup, MD?
Two hours of my life wasted. Ended my consultation with Dr. Brackup in 15 seconds. Invited his nurse to my initial consultation. When I asked him to give me some one-on-one time to discuss my medical info due to me being uncomfortable discussing it in front of some one else, he refused. So, I got up and left. In my opinion, if even at this early point your doctor refuses to listen to your concerns and does not care how you feel, you would NOT want to trust this kind of person with your health. Arrogance does not make you a true professional. Avoid.
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
BToSQOne – Nov 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Brackup, MD?
Six months post eyelid surgery and feeling refreshed! Dr. Brackup is a highly skilled surgeon with a kind professional demeanor. The pre and post operative instructions were clear and well explained by staff. I would highly recommend Dr. Brackup to Family and Friends.
Janet B – Mar 01, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Brackup, MD?
I was told by my ophthalmologist that for my vision to be corrected that I needed Blepharoplasty. So, what started with my investigating my eliminating excess tissue from my upper eyelids resulted in my decision to have both the upper and lower procedures done. The decision was made easy by the professional staff from the reception area to Dr Brackup. Everyone in the practice listened and answered all questions. Dr. Brackup while empathic and compassionate made me feel comfortable from decision to completion. Dr. Brackup is highly skilled and achieved great cosmetic results. While healing the proactive follow up was helpful and appreciated. I would unconditionally recommend Dr. Brackup and his entire organization to anyone.
BrianB – Dec 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Brackup, MD?
Trust Dr B and his staff . At 65 and a lifetime of smoking and too much sun exposure I thought I was past hope ..Its been almost 2 months since treatment and I’m amazed as well as everyone that knows me ... and yes , I heard it ..’ you look 10 years younger’.??????????????So grateful to have heard from others about the great results from this talented DrB !
Judy – Dec 03, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Brackup, MD?
Dr. Brackup and his staff are OUTSTANDING! From your first visit to your last their friendliness and professionalism are exceptional! Even your voicemail follow up to my appointment felt as if you known the staff all your life. They are the TOP in Healthcare!
Carol T. – Jul 17, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Brackup, MD?
Amazing results...should have done this long ago! No more "you look tired" comments, now it's "you look healthy, what have you been doing". Builds self-esteem. I am pleased that I went to Dr. Brackup for the procedure, he delivered what we discussed. He was highly recommended to me and I highly recommend you consult with him and his staff if you're thinking about a procedure.
Pete – Jun 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Brackup, MD?
My experience with Dr Brackup was A plus! Dr. Brackup spent time with me to decribe my procedure and to answer all of my questions. The procedure went amazingly well . Dr Brackup reached out after the surgery and was available for all follow up questions. I highly recommend Dr. Brackjup and I wojuld definitely go to him again
Apr 25, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Brackup, MD?
Dr. Alan B. Brackup - Cosmetic surgery is not only a process of intellectual pros and cons, it presents a SIGNIFICANT emotional component that should be addressed, reviewed and supported throughout a consultation. Dr. Brackup and Michele were thoughtful and thorough in discussing (and observing) my emotional concerns. Their authenticity and engagement in assuring me that whatever I decided to do would be in my best interest in that my comfort level was paramount to a successful surgery, was appr
Apr 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Brackup, MD?
My puffy under eye bags that never quite disappeared had bothered me for years. After consulting with Dr. Brackup, I decided on a lower lid blepharoplasty. I hoped that after the procedure, people would stop asking me if I was tired. The results have been amazing! The changes were so subtle but now, when I look in the mirror, the puffiness is completely gone. Dr. Brackup and his staff are wonderful, caring professionals and I highly recommend their work.
Susan in none – Jan 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Brackup, MD?
Appears he messed up ("lucky" me)...He questioned how he would fix the issue and said I'd have to go back under. Slice and dice again!
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Long wait times
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Disappointed in PA – Dec 21, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Brackup, MD?
I’m a physician and a patient so it’s hard to find a doctor that I can trust yet alone recommend. The results of being ill and a long a contentious divorce left my face looking ravaged looking at least 15 years older than I was. Dr. Brackup did a facelift and laser resurfacing. Now everyone says , even my older brother ( who notices nothing) that I look at least 15 years younger. Dr. Brackup and his staff are so patient and kind. The prices are lower than most places. 10 STARS
Philadelphia, PA – May 03, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Brackup, MD?
Dr. Brackup and his staff are wonderful! I had eyelid surgery and the whole process was well explained and Dr. and staff were always available to answer questions and put my mind at ease. I highly recommend them!
Morrisville, PA – Sep 13, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Brackup, MD?
Dr. Brackup creates the most natural facelift in the industry. My colorist is so in awe of his work she asked for pictures before/after to give to her clients. Nobody sees more lifts than a top colorist in a hair salon! My first lift included brow, eyes & full facelift! There was minimal pain and the immediate results were fantastic! My second lift focused on the beginnings of aging jowls and neck (yes, over the years we do keep aging) and again, completely natural looking! Cynthia Munger
Cynthia Munger in Wayne, PA – Aug 23, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Brackup, MD?
I had bilateral upper and lower lid blepharoplasty last week and want to say what a great experience I had. From the consult, to the procedure, to the pre and post op visits Dr Brackup and his Nurse Michelle couldn't have been nicer and caring. Dr. Brackup sits down next to you like a friend during the consult, speaks in a way that is gentle, not intimidating, There is virtually no pain, He is an opthalmologist 1st, then plastic surgeon so eye expert!
Furlong, PA – Feb 23, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Brackup, MD?
I wasn't happy with the way I looked and wanted Dr Brackup to give me his opinion. He was so compassionate and professional that I was comfortable immediately and knew that I trusted him. He recommended a blepharplasty for my issues. I was most afraid of not looking natural but he assured me I would be happy with the results. I saw his nurse Michele a few times pre surgery to go over everything and she answered every question I had. My results are amazing and I i I highly recommend Dr Brackup
Cindy in Newtown, pa – Dec 07, 2016
Excellent!
Wt in Langhorne, PA – Apr 27, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Brackup, MD?
Not being able to wear dresses and skirts due to thighs rubbing together, panty hose wearing out, wearing holes in slacks- I decided I had had enough. Non surgical procedures would not give me the desired results, I chose to have liposuction. So very glad I did, recovery tough but worth it. I wouldn't consider going to anyone else. He is forthright, honest, realistic, empathetic. Improvement, enhancement and increased self esteem is the real goal and I have attained that thru his expertise.
Judy H in Lansdale, PA – Apr 25, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Brackup, MD?
Dr.Brackup called me the same day after my procedure. He is an excellent practitioner and a very caring human being. I had a face lift only four weeks ago and already I'm getting so many compliments on how great my skin looks and how much younger I look. And nobody is asking me if I had some work done. This is an indication that a very talented and artistic plastic surgeon did your procedure. I'm extremely happy with the results and recommend his practice with no hesitation.
Olga Rudik in Yardley, PA – Mar 05, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Brackup, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Brackup?

• Ophthalmology