Dr. Alan Berns, MD

Dr. Berns
Telehealth services available

Psychiatric Interventions PA

3272 W Lake Mary Blvd Ste 1820 Lake Mary, FL 32746

Dr. Alan Berns, MD is a Addiction Psychiatry Specialist in Lake Mary, FL. He is not accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Berns to book an appointment.

Compare Doctors

Quickly compare more Addiction Psychiatrists in your area

See similar Addiction Psychiatrists in Lake Mary

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Low Wait Times
    Patients are usually seen in 10 minutes or less.
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

Dr. Berns accepts

Dr. Berns accepts the following insurance:

No malpractice claims found for Florida

Check if Dr. Berns treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Berns' conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Autism
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Nondependent Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychosis Due to Mental Illness
  • Psychotherapy for Crisis
  • Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Schizophreniform and Schizoaffective Disorder

Help Improve Healthgrades

Does Dr. Alan Berns, MD...

Communicate via email?

Have free onsite parking?

Offer evening visits?

Offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

Offer an online patient portal?

Dr. Berns' Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Berns

Dr. Berns?
What People Say About Dr. Alan Berns, MD
Dr. Berns is THE BEST. I was recommended to see him from my therapist for some medical intervention for my anxiety and depression. He makes you comfortable and talks you through everything - not just your symptoms and diagnosis, but all the prescription options as well in such detail: how they work, what the possible side effects are, what to look out for, etc. It was very reassuring to understand how the medicine actually helps - the knowledge this man possesses is incredible. He keeps in contact and re-evaluates not only how you are reacting to the prescription but how your life is overall. His staff is wonderful and they work hard to get you whenever you need it despite being so busy. I never felt rushed, over-medicated, or confused about anything. If you are seeking help, please see this doctor!
May 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Berns, MD?
I can not say enough good things regarding Dr. Berns and his staff! They are very professional and yet so understanding when emergency arise. Dr Berns goes to every length to make sure you are well taken care off. I'm not sure where I would be mentally if it were not for him. I have anxiety and i'm bipolar i've struggled with this for many years and saw different doctors and no one was able to take care of me like he has. Thank you Dr. Berns! I feel normal again!
Karen D. in Orlando – Jun 21, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Berns, MD?
I’ve been seeing Dr Berns for 10 years and he treats my mood & anxiety disorders. He is the BEST doctor I have ever seen and I’m grateful to be in his care. He is empathetic, timely, does NOT rush appointments (at least 30 minutes with him), professional, and he will call me back on the SAME day in emergencies! He is busy but he & his excellent staff will always find room to book me in for an emergency appointment. I’ve never had a long wait in his waiting room! A+++++ Shannon M
Shannon M – Jan 12, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Berns, MD?
Dr. Berns is extremely knowledgeable and makes me feel at ease during my appointments. If you are looking for a Doctor whose medical knowledge is encyclopedic, treats the whole person, and takes the time to care about you as a person and as a patient, then Dr. Berns is someone you should strongly consider seeing. Trust me on this,: you will like the man and the doctor. He is certainly is one of the best Doctors in his field. I highly recommend Dr. Berns to anyone seeking his services.
Wayne Foster in Mount Dora, Fl – Nov 20, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Berns, MD?
Dr Berns has been my Dr for many years. He is kind and patient. He really cares about his patients. He isn't like other Psychiatrists who spend 5 minutes with you, give you meds and push you out the door. He truly wants to know what is going on in your life and how you are feeling. Couldn't ask for a better doctor.
Deland, FL – Sep 30, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Berns, MD?
Dr. Berns helped me overcome a very difficult time in my life and has helped me in the aftermath. In addition to providing the medical hep that I need, he also cares about me as a person and offers helpful information and suggestions to help me as I continue to get stronger emotionally and physically.
Lake Mary, FL – Sep 29, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Berns, MD?
I am grateful to have Dr. Berns as my psychiatrist. His pleasant staff and kind wife make this a family affair. Dr. Berns gently peels back the layers of dark emotions and helps the patient begin to see light again. I thank God for giving Dr. Berns the power beyond what is normal to help others going through difficult times. I respect his wealth of knowledge in diagnosing and prescribing treatments as well as giving me the behavioral tools to help myself. He's a dedicated & compassionate Dr.
Palm Coast, FL – Sep 20, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Berns, MD?
I was referred to Dr. Alan S. Berns by my workers comp adjuster after the passing of my previous psychiatrist Dr. Kolin. I have been seeing Dr. Berns for several years and I am very lucky that they referred me to Dr. Berns. His staff are very professional and courteous and Dr. Berns is a very smart and extremely intelligent psychiatrist who cares about his patients. He is always very thorough and wants to know everything that is going on in your life and takes his time with you. Great doctor.
CCE in St Cloud, FL – Jul 04, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Berns, MD?
Dr. Berns is an excellent doctor. Have seen him for many years. Always attentive, always concerned. Contacts all my other doctors, goes out of his way. Responds to calls. Wish every doctor provided this level of care.
Orlando, FL – Oct 25, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Berns, MD?
Perfect! I have been his patient for 8 years! He has always been helpful, he listens, make suggestions. He is always available, always spot in on meds and really worries about medical consequences of meds. Love and highly reccomended dr. Berns to everyone!
Mabel in Longwood, FL – May 20, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Berns, MD?
Dr. Berns is very detailed and considerate of my well-being. He listens intently and dedicates himself to the time needed when working with me or finding the right answers for any of my concerns. The staff at Dr. Berns' office is also very considerate. They are professional and courteous. This office has a great team.
S. in Orlando, FL – Apr 13, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Berns, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Berns?

• Addiction Psychiatry

St Lukes Roosevelt Hospital Center
1985
Creedmoor Psyc Center

More Information

• Does Dr. Berns communicate via email?

No users have indicated that Dr. Berns communicates via email

• Does Dr. Berns offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

Yes, 2 patients said they offer telehealth services or virtual visits

• Does Dr. Berns offer an online patient portal?

No users have indicated that Dr. Berns offers an online patient portal

• Does Dr. Berns have free onsite parking?

Yes, 2 patients said they have free onsite parking

• Does Dr. Berns offer weekend visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Berns offers weekend visits

• Does Dr. Berns offer evening visits?

No, 1 user indicated that they do not offer evening visits