Dr. Alan Berman, DPM

Podiatric Foot & Ankle Surgery ·  Male · Age 61

Dr. Berman

Somers Orthopedic Surgery & Sports Medicine Group

664 Stoneleigh Ave Ste 300 Carmel, NY 10512

Dr. Alan Berman, DPM is a podiatric foot & ankle surgery specialist in Carmel, NY and has been practicing for 35 years. He graduated from New York College of Podiatric Medicine in 1984 and specializes in podiatric foot & ankle surgery, podiatry, and more.

Dr. Berman's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Berman

Dr. Berman?
Dr. Berman's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Alan Berman, DPM
I've been going to see Dr. Berman for over 20yrs. Always very professional and caring. Since I'm a diabetic had a few problems but they were resolved and my feet healed perfectly. I even recommended my daughter to go see him since the so called "specialist" couldn't help her but of course Dr. Berman did.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Berman, DPM?
Highly recommend for anybody’s who has foot problem
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Berman, DPM?
Dr. Berman was very good with me. He spent a lot of time with me. He explained my foot problem and give me paperwork to read. He took X-ray and put some customs in my sneakers. Also give my stretches to do at home
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Berman, DPM?
I first started seeing Dr. Berman from a referral given to me by my insurance company.He made an instant impression on me after I was put in the examining room by his assistant, he saw me within 5 minutes. I like that. His professionalism and caring demeanor is beyond anything I'm accustomed to in the past and I'm 68. He asks about other health issues I have relating to my feet like diabetes and gives me ideas that can make my feet better. I wish all my docs were like Dr. Berman. Kevin P.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Berman, DPM?
If you have foot problem I would see Dr Berman -He is a wonderful Podiatrist. I had my bunion corrected with a new procedure that he specializes in- The Lapiplasty technique- My bunion was quite large and I was scarred of not being able to walk after surgery - I had surgery on a Monday and was walking within days and now am fully healed I am wearing my shoes comfortably and I am back to exercising pain free! Dr Berman is caring and answered all my questions with easy to understand explanations
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Berman, DPM?
Dr Berman treated my Diabetic Foot ulcer at the wound care center at Putnam Hospital- I suffered with an open sore on the bottom of my foot for a few months and was referred to PHC My foot responded to treatment almost immediately- Dr Berman's explanation of the treatment plan was easy to follow. With the use of specialized skin coverings , Hyperbaric Oxygen and shoe modifications I am happy to say I am healed.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Berman, DPM?
Dr. Berman has treated my foot issues for over two years. He never fails to give me exact information about my issue and then complete an exact course of treatment, of which some include surgeries. Dr. Berman is a fine physician who I recommend to anyone with foot care needs.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Berman, DPM?
My Fiance and I were on vacation in Saratoga Springs NY, he had a cut on his toe so went to Saratoga Hospital, he finally saw a Dr. and was told that they would have to amputate his big toe. we wanted to get a 2nd opinion, so we decided to leave our vacation , and go home to Carmel, NY. We went to Putnam Hospitals ER , he was admitted, after seeing Dr. Berman he was told his toe did have an infection but was treatable, so i am happy to report Dr.Berman saved his big toe. Highly recommend!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Berman, DPM?
Dr. Alan Berman is the absolute best. Did surgery on one of my toes 20 years ago. Problem solved. Went back to him for more surgery on a second toe this past week. Never considered anyone else. Putnam Hospital in Carmel, New York is where he works. Problem solved. The best!!!!!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Berman, DPM?
Dr. Berman was pleasant and knowledgeable. My feet are feeling 100 percent better today
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Berman, DPM?
Dr Berman performed a new procedure called Lapiplasty to treat my painful bunion. The results were remarkable. The procedure corrected my toe, removed my bump and most importantly, I am pain free. I highly recommend Dr Berman for all foot related problems.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Berman, DPM?
Dr. Berman is very caring and professional. He listened to my problem and was able to relieve my discomfort. Excellent doctor!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Berman, DPM?
After several consults for Bunion surgery, I found Dr. Berman at Somers Orthopedics. He suggested a relatively new twist on a procedure called Lapiplasty. I underwent the procedure in November. My recovery was almost painless (Not the norm they say), and within 3 mos I was back to exercising doing yoga, elliptical, and cycling. In 5 mos I was back to running 5K, wearing nice heels to work, and feeling great. I highly recommend Dr. Berman and the Lapiplasty procedure!! 5+ Stars!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Berman, DPM?
I sought out Dr. Berman after many friends told me to go to Somers Orthopedics. I have two flat feet and was in a lot of pain. He implanted a Hyprocure in one foot with great results and I just got the other one done along with a Kidner Procedure. From day one he has always looked for the least invasive procedure to gain the best results, increased quality of life. I look forward to walking pain free.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Berman, DPM?
Dr Berman operated on my bunion with great success. He has treated my sister for fasciitis with great success.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Berman, DPM?
I saw Dr Berman for plantar fascitis several months ago. I am happy to say that I am now pain free thanks to the orthotics and home stretching and PT he prescribed.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Berman, DPM?
DR BERMAN IS A MAGICIAN !!! I went in to see him with severe pain in both feet . After a few quick x-rays , the Doc diagnosed my problem and then fitted me with some temporary orthotics to walk out the door. Amazingly , I could have DANCED out the door because my pain was virtually gone !! Great skills , great bed side manner , I would recommend him 100% to family , friends etc ......and I already have !! Thannk DR Berman !! John Blumberg Brewster, NY
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Berman, DPM?
He was wonderful with my elderly father... thank you for your patience, Dr. Berman.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Berman, DPM?
Don't walk away from this place RUN! I went to this doctor because of arthritis in my ankle and Achilles tendon pain (here is the key ) in my left foot. He order x rays of my right only and none of my left. When I confronted him about it he said " Cmon back I'll xray your left". Yeah OK, what ever you say. I am going back to a place that took over two hours that x rayed the wrong foot. When I confronted the Dr. he said "well I didn't feel there was a need to.." I said thats what I am here for??
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Berman, DPM?

How was your experience with Dr. Berman?

Preventative care is a primary goal of mine- I try explaining to my patients the reason behind their foot problem and offer simple solutions
If conservative care solutions do not work I pride myself on offering the proper surgical treatment to ...

• Podiatric Foot & Ankle Surgery

1984
New York College of Podiatric Medicine
1984

Dr. Berman accepts

Dr. Berman accepts the following insurance:

Pathway X Ind PPO Direct Access CT
Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP) HMO

Stress Fracture of Foot

Dr. Berman treats Stress Fracture of Foot more than 83% of his peers

Dr. Berman treats this condition more than 83% of his peers

Ankle Sprain and Achilles Tendon Sprain or Rupture

Dr. Berman treats Ankle Sprain and Achilles Tendon Sprain or Rupture more than 70% of his peers

Dr. Berman treats this condition more than 70% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Achilles Tendon Rupture

• Stress Fracture of Foot
  • Ulcer of Foot
  • Wound Care and Management

Somers Orthopedic Surgery & Sports Medicine Group

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Berman treats patients.