Dr. Alan Berman, DPM

Podiatric Surgery •  Male • Age 61

Dr. Berman

Somers Orthopedic Surgery & Sports Medicine Group

2 Victory Ct Newburgh, NY 12550

Dr. Alan Berman, DPM is a Podiatric Surgery Specialist in Newburgh, NY and has over 36 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from New York College of Podiatric Medicine medical school in 1984. He is affiliated with Putnam Hospital Center. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Berman to book an appointment.

Dr. Berman's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Berman

Dr. Berman?
Dr. Berman is an EXCELLENT Podiatrist. The best I’ve ever been too, I contacted his office as a new patient with an emergency and he scheduled me immediately. He is genuinely caring, extremely knowledgeable, and explained everything thoroughly and understandably. He is down to earth and has a great bedside manner. He even gave me a shoe for my foot, even though my insurance would not pay for it. I will not go to any other Podiatrist now that I found him.
Angela Velez – May 08, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Berman, DPM?
I would absolutely recommend Dr Alan Bergman ! He is compassionate and personable. I was confident with him throughout the process.
Maryalice DiDiego – Mar 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Berman, DPM?
I experienced excellence with Dr. Berman? He thoroughly explained what to expect with my foot reconstruction. He prepares you for success with suggestions to help you prepare prior to surgery. I am currently healing with nearly 10 weeks post op and with his close observation and detailed instructions I am very happy with the care I received. He is an excellent surgeon that really cares about his patients not just the outcomes. His staff is very responsive and makes sure your concerns get to Dr. Berman and is very flexible with scheduling appointments. I have already recommended several new patients to Dr. Berman. My foot thanks you for your excellence.
Denise Fanger – Dec 27, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Berman, DPM?
Dr. Berman was very informative about my condition and was very calming during my ingrown toenail removal. He was very personable and I highly recommend him.
Karen Sleight – Nov 22, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Berman, DPM?
I am writing to thank your entire staff for the excellent care I received during my surgery visit in September, 2019 at the Somers Orthopedic Surgery & Sports Medicine Center, Danbury CT. My first encounter at Dr. Alan Berman’s office completely blew me away by how knowledgeable, informative, helpful and kind he was. He explained the procedure of Lapiplasty® 3D Bunion Correction in detail and recommended that I watch a video to prepare me on what to expect. Starting with the courteous receptionist and continuing with each staff member who presented themselves in a positive and professional manner. I also appreciated the cleanliness of the center. Now onto the appointment…my appointments always ran on time. Amy, Dr. Berman’s receptionist is always ready to assist you with any changes if needed. Dr. Berman always kept me Informed of what the next step would be and what to expect in days and weeks to come after the surgery. I was beyond impressed with my experience with Dr. Alan Berman.
Noemi Caraballo – Nov 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Berman, DPM?
I enthusiastically recommend Dr. Alan Berman for podiatric surgery. I had the Lapiplasty 3D bunion surgery 1 year ago and am so thrilled with the results. I am a busy RN , wife, mom and love to walk/exercise daily. I am pain free and more active than ever. I also want to commend Amy, his secretary, for her superior organizational and interpersonal skills.
Nancy – Oct 30, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Berman, DPM?
I had a lapiplasty bunion repair to my left foot in the middle of September. Many years ago I had a less then positive experience with a bunion repair to my right foot so I was very hesitant. Dr. Berman provided me with the most up-to-date Information based on research as well as his experiences. I decided to have the surgery and it was the best decision I made! I was able to walk in my booth almost immediately and each week things got better and better. The pain was minimal and I was still able to be active. I would recommend this surgery to anyone who is looking for a permanent repair of their bunions and I will definitely be going back for my right foot since my original surgery only provided minimal results (was done by an orthopedic surgeon not Dr. Berman). Today exactly 6 weeks later I am wearing sneakers and moving about very well!
Chrissy Murphy – Oct 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Berman, DPM?
Dr Alan Berman is the most competent, caring doctor. He makes you feel as though you are a family member. He explains the surgery in detail letting you know what to expect. He gives you a list of helpful items before you even have the surgery. Dr Berman takes his time with your follow up and makes you feel very comfortable talking to him about any concerns you have even though some of your concerns sound silly. I never felt rushed out of his office feeling like I was on an assembly line of patients. He makes you feel confident when you leave. One time he met me at his office when he didn’t have office hours. He was at hospital with patient and told me I could come over to check on my surgery and change bandage for me. I highly recommend Dr Berman to anyone considering surgery.
F. Binghi in Shenorock, NY – Oct 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Berman, DPM?
Dr. Berman took care of my foot infection in like 5 minutes. Not long wait time at all. Very impressed with how comfortable and efficient he was. Would recommend to anyone, excellent doctor.
Nick Bringman – Sep 25, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Berman, DPM?
I've been going to see Dr. Berman for over 20yrs. Always very professional and caring. Since I'm a diabetic had a few problems but they were resolved and my feet healed perfectly. I even recommended my daughter to go see him since the so called "specialist" couldn't help her but of course Dr. Berman did.
Mahopac, NY – Jun 06, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Berman, DPM?
Highly recommend for anybody’s who has foot problem
Apr 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Berman, DPM?
Dr. Berman was very good with me. He spent a lot of time with me. He explained my foot problem and give me paperwork to read. He took X-ray and put some customs in my sneakers. Also give my stretches to do at home
Apr 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Berman, DPM?
I first started seeing Dr. Berman from a referral given to me by my insurance company.He made an instant impression on me after I was put in the examining room by his assistant, he saw me within 5 minutes. I like that. His professionalism and caring demeanor is beyond anything I'm accustomed to in the past and I'm 68. He asks about other health issues I have relating to my feet like diabetes and gives me ideas that can make my feet better. I wish all my docs were like Dr. Berman. Kevin P.
Apr 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Berman, DPM?
If you have foot problem I would see Dr Berman -He is a wonderful Podiatrist. I had my bunion corrected with a new procedure that he specializes in- The Lapiplasty technique- My bunion was quite large and I was scarred of not being able to walk after surgery - I had surgery on a Monday and was walking within days and now am fully healed I am wearing my shoes comfortably and I am back to exercising pain free! Dr Berman is caring and answered all my questions with easy to understand explanations
Veronica Cassidy in Carmel – Dec 21, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Berman, DPM?
Dr Berman treated my Diabetic Foot ulcer at the wound care center at Putnam Hospital- I suffered with an open sore on the bottom of my foot for a few months and was referred to PHC My foot responded to treatment almost immediately- Dr Berman's explanation of the treatment plan was easy to follow. With the use of specialized skin coverings , Hyperbaric Oxygen and shoe modifications I am happy to say I am healed.
Stella Hanratty in NY – Nov 07, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Berman, DPM?
Dr. Berman has treated my foot issues for over two years. He never fails to give me exact information about my issue and then complete an exact course of treatment, of which some include surgeries. Dr. Berman is a fine physician who I recommend to anyone with foot care needs.
Eric Koehler in Carmel, NY – Oct 02, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Berman, DPM?
My Fiance and I were on vacation in Saratoga Springs NY, he had a cut on his toe so went to Saratoga Hospital, he finally saw a Dr. and was told that they would have to amputate his big toe. we wanted to get a 2nd opinion, so we decided to leave our vacation , and go home to Carmel, NY. We went to Putnam Hospitals ER , he was admitted, after seeing Dr. Berman he was told his toe did have an infection but was treatable, so i am happy to report Dr.Berman saved his big toe. Highly recommend!!
AnnMarie in Carmel, NY – Sep 14, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Berman, DPM?
Dr. Alan Berman is the absolute best. Did surgery on one of my toes 20 years ago. Problem solved. Went back to him for more surgery on a second toe this past week. Never considered anyone else. Putnam Hospital in Carmel, New York is where he works. Problem solved. The best!!!!!!!
Howard Palladino in Mahopac , NY – May 26, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Berman, DPM?
Dr. Berman was pleasant and knowledgeable. My feet are feeling 100 percent better today
Brewster – Apr 26, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Berman, DPM?
Dr Berman performed a new procedure called Lapiplasty to treat my painful bunion. The results were remarkable. The procedure corrected my toe, removed my bump and most importantly, I am pain free. I highly recommend Dr Berman for all foot related problems.
Mahopac, NY – Apr 24, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Berman, DPM?

How was your experience with Dr. Berman?

Preventative care is a primary goal of mine- I try explaining to my patients the reason behind their foot problem and offer simple solutions

Alan Berman, DPM, is a Podiatrist who has been practicing for 30 years. Dr. Berman joined the Somers Orthopaedic Surgery and Sports Medicine Group in the...Read more

• Podiatric Surgery