Dr. Alan Berger, MD is an otolaryngology (ear, nose & throat) specialist in Lansdale, PA and has been practicing for 38 years. He specializes in ear, nose, and throat and otolaryngology-head and neck surgery.

Dr. Berger accepts

Dr. Berger accepts the following insurance:

Select
Direct Access
Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO
Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield POS
Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Pennsylvania

Check Dr. Berger's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Berger's Top Procedures and Conditions

Laryngitis

Dr. Berger treats Laryngitis more than 95% of his peers

Dr. Berger treats this condition more than 95% of his peers

Nasal Septum Surgery (Septoplasty)

Dr. Berger performs Nasal Septum Surgery (Septoplasty) more than 94% of his peers

Dr. Berger performs this procedure more than 94% of his peers

• Acute Sinusitis
  • Acute Tonsillitis
  • Allergic Reaction
  • Allergic Rhinitis
  • Antrostomy and Antrotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Balloon Sinuplasty
  • Ear Tube Placement
  • Earwax Buildup
  • Enlarged Turbinates
  • ENT Surgery
  • Ethmoidectomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Eustachian Tube Dysfunction
  • Facial Fracture
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Head and Neck Cancer
  • Head and Neck Surgery
  • Head or Neck Lump or Swelling
  • Hoarse Voice (Dysphonia)
  • Intranasal or Sinus Procedure
  • Laryngeal Cancer
  • Laryngitis
  • Larynx Conditions
  • Loss of Smell and-or Taste
  • Nasal Septum Surgery (Septoplasty)
  • Nosebleed
  • Sinusitis
  • Sjögren's Syndrome
  • Sleep Disorders
  • Sore Throat
  • Sphenoidotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Tinnitus

13.559322033898304%

Dr. Berger?
Dr. Berger's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Alan Berger, MD
I had previously had septoplasty and turbinate reduction done by another doctor to correct breathing issues and sleep apnea in 2014. The surgery aftermath was a nightmare. I was breathing worse out of one nostril, which clearly had an obstruction/septum buckling after the surgery which the old doctor ignored.. this obstruction was not there prior to the surgery. I spent years trying to find doctors that would take a look at it and correct it, and am so glad I found Dr. Berger. This is a man who cares deeply about the work that he does, he is VERY thorough in his note taking and extremely diligent about what the issue is and fixing it. In my case, all he had to do was take one look up both nostrils to see what I was explaining to him. I gave him minimal information on what was actually happening, but when he diagnosed the issue, it made perfect sense.. like he was experiencing the issue himself. The surgery went really well, I had next to no pain, and the issue with breathing was almo
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Berger, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Berger's for many years. Have had a lot of sinus and allergy issues and had nasal polyps removed twice. I'll cut to the chase, it changed my life. Instead of sinus infections every other month and suffering in the Phila area with allergies, I now am essentially free of all that. On top of that the staff, WG location and Dr. Berger's warm professionalism are top notch! Just a great ENT specialist. Clint F.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Berger, MD?
I have seen the doctor a few times, he spends a very brief time in the room. I do think he is a good doctor however my time is precious. I spent 45 minutes in the overcrowded waiting room today before I left. I made my appointment well in advance as well. I will not be returning to the practice after today.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Berger, MD?
My allergist recommended I see Dr. Berger after I had 8 sinus infections in one year. He told me to go to BergerHenry ENT, but to specifically request Dr. Berger. After having a cat scan done, Dr. Berger explained that I had a blockage on the left side of my sinuses and that with his new procedure of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery, he could fix the problem and I would feel remarkably better. He was dead on. His staff is just as wonderful as he is. I highly recommend him to all.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Berger, MD?
This office is outstanding, staff is very friendly and helpful and Dr Berger runs a fantastic office always get than kick to be at his pratice
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Berger, MD?
I went to Dr. Berger for a deviated septum, he confirmed my assumption and got me scheduled for the procedure in a few weeks. The surgery itself was seamless and quick. I recovered so quickly that I felt like myself after two days. Within the first month, I could see major improvements in my breathing and elimination of all post-op symptoms. It was the best procedure I could've ever done with the best staff to take care of me. Dr. Berger made me feel safe and extremely satisfied with my results.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Berger, MD?
Just posting a follow up since my sinus surgery in April 2017 performed by Dr. BERGER. Its now late November and Im doing & breathing FANTASTIC...just want extend another Thank You...worth the long ride from the Lehigh Valley to Willow Grove...So happy I chose Berger Henry ENT.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Berger, MD?
I am so happy that I went to Dr. Berger to have my sinuses checked out. I had chronic sinus infections and a constant severe cough that I dealt with for over 5 years. After Dr. Berger saw my scans he felt the best course of action was surgery and I agreed. I had my surgery in early June of 2016 and I now feel amazing. My breathing is great. When I get a cold my sinus congestion is little to none and most importantly my chronic cough is gone. I highly recommend Dr. Berger and his staff.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Berger, MD?
Dr Berger performed a miracle for me. I have had a deviated septum for 50 years and unable to have a complete night's sleep due to this condition. Same day surgery and I am sleeping through the night because the deviated septum was fixed. Yeah
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Berger, MD?
Dr. Berger quickly identified my deviated nasal septum and discussed what the appropriate course of action should be. Now for the first time in over 30 years I no longer have those horrible sinus headaches that have plagued me though the years. His office staff are kind, friendly and knowledgeable as well. Great team!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Berger, MD?
Dr. Berger is knowledgable and caring. He is a very good listener and diagnostician.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Berger, MD?
I went to Dr. Berger for a recurring ear issue and blocked sinus. I learned that along with the ear and sinus issue, that I also had a deviated septum. Surgery was the recommendation and we proceeded quickly. The surgery was a huge success, and actually life changing. I have much more energy and endurance while playing tennis because I can finally breath freely through my nose for the first time in several years. It really feels so much better! Many thanks to Dr. Berger and staff!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Berger, MD?
I was relieved and elated with the diagnostic results which confirmed Dr. Berger's diagnosis of my symptoms. I understood the explanation that supported the need for surgery, and the procedure was performed within the expectations given in both pre and post operative care. Three months after my surgery and it has also been three symptom free months. The office staff are always polite and efficient with almost zero wait time per visit.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Berger, MD?
Dr. Alan S Berger in my opinion save my Life! From the initial exam, surgery and the ongoing after care I am forever going to be thankful for him and his caring staff! I had so many sinus infections that led to breathing difficulty and chronic bronchitis! Dr. Alan S Berger saw the problems in the first few moments of my cat scan and we scheduled surgery to correct my sinus issues! Now I feel that him and his practice had my best interests at heart my life has gotten so much better!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Berger, MD?
Been working w dr Berger for 12years - fabulous! Always best care snd great staff!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Berger, MD?
I can breathe! The most professional staff I could have hoped for. Thank you all!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Berger, MD?
I went to see Dr. Berger in September 2015 for ear wax removal. I also mention to him that I was having laryngospasms. He examined my throat and diagnosed me as having laryngopharyngeal reflux. He prescribed medications and by March of 2016 my symptoms went away. Needless to say, I was very pleased with the outcome. Dr. Berger and the entire staff were great!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Berger, MD?
he clearly explained the procedure before the surgery and after surgery he gave me complete and through instructions for post-op.he examined me regularly in his office for a year after my surgery answering any questions i had.he kept my pcp updated about my recvovery through out the year.i felt very confident in the care i was recieving from dr. berger and his staff(who were all excellent).
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Berger, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Berger?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Berger treats patients.

Chestnut Hill Hospital