Dr. Alan Berger, MD

Dr. Alan Berger, MD

Ear, Nose, and ThroatMaleAge 70

Dr. Alan Berger, MD is a Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat) Specialist in Lansdale, PA. Dr. Berger has more experience with Upper Respiratory Conditions and "Ear, Nose, & Throat Surgical Procedures" than other specialists in his area. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Abington-Lansdale Hospital—Jefferson Health and Chestnut Hill Hospital. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Berger to book an appointment.

Berger Henry Ent Specialty Group

New Patient?
Berger Henry Ent Specialty Group108 Cowpath Rd Lansdale, PA 19446

• Practices at Top Hospital Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ See hospitals

More Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat) Specialists at Berger Henry Ent Specialty Group

Dr. Berger's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Berger

4.4

Dr. Berger?
  • Appointment scheduling (52)
  • Explained conditions well (52)
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (51)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (8)
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions (8)
  • Appointment was rushed (7)
To say that Dr. Berger and his staff are miracle workers would be an understatement. I was examined and diagnosed with a deviated septum and sinusitis at his practiced. The procedure performed on me shortly there after was a endoscopic sinus surgery. IT CHANGED MY LIFE. The recovery was short. The healing process was a smooth one. No more snoring, not more trouble sleeping, FULL sense of smell recovered and after being instructed to see an allergist and prescribed SLIT drops I know longer get colds and reactions to the things that use to handcuff my life to prescription and over the counter meds. I'm a new person. I'm a BETTER ME. I owe it all to Dr. Berger and his staff. I couldn't recommend his services more to those who are struggling with the nasal/sinus problems I did for so many years. DON'T WAIT. Seek his expertise IMMEDIATELY.
Paul – Dec 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Berger, MD?
All I wanted was to make sure everything was OK after having a severe ear infection and pain under jaw. When you go in, you sign a paper agreeing that an endoscopy would be billed as a surgical procedure. When they stuck the tube up my nose I had doubts this would be free and that it was necessary, but everything moved too quickly for me to protest. So now I'm responsible for almost $300 for nothing. I also waited nearly an hour to see anybody. Before you go: DO NOT let them stick the endoscope up your nose unless you are CERTAIN it is necessary. Be prepared to need to think fast.
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Aug 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Berger, MD?
I had previously had septoplasty and turbinate reduction done by another doctor to correct breathing issues and sleep apnea in 2014. The surgery aftermath was a nightmare. I was breathing worse out of one nostril, which clearly had an obstruction/septum buckling after the surgery which the old doctor ignored.. this obstruction was not there prior to the surgery. I spent years trying to find doctors that would take a look at it and correct it, and am so glad I found Dr. Berger. This is a man who cares deeply about the work that he does, he is VERY thorough in his note taking and extremely diligent about what the issue is and fixing it. In my case, all he had to do was take one look up both nostrils to see what I was explaining to him. I gave him minimal information on what was actually happening, but when he diagnosed the issue, it made perfect sense.. like he was experiencing the issue himself. The surgery went really well, I had next to no pain, and the issue with breathing was almo
CB in Doylestown, PA – Jun 10, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Berger, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Berger's for many years. Have had a lot of sinus and allergy issues and had nasal polyps removed twice. I'll cut to the chase, it changed my life. Instead of sinus infections every other month and suffering in the Phila area with allergies, I now am essentially free of all that. On top of that the staff, WG location and Dr. Berger's warm professionalism are top notch! Just a great ENT specialist. Clint F.
Clint F. in Philadelphia, PA – Dec 08, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Berger, MD?
I have seen the doctor a few times, he spends a very brief time in the room. I do think he is a good doctor however my time is precious. I spent 45 minutes in the overcrowded waiting room today before I left. I made my appointment well in advance as well. I will not be returning to the practice after today.
  • Long wait times
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
Sarah RN in PA – Aug 14, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Berger, MD?
My allergist recommended I see Dr. Berger after I had 8 sinus infections in one year. He told me to go to BergerHenry ENT, but to specifically request Dr. Berger. After having a cat scan done, Dr. Berger explained that I had a blockage on the left side of my sinuses and that with his new procedure of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery, he could fix the problem and I would feel remarkably better. He was dead on. His staff is just as wonderful as he is. I highly recommend him to all.
Denise Tecce in Philadelphia, PA – Apr 07, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Berger, MD?
This office is outstanding, staff is very friendly and helpful and Dr Berger runs a fantastic office always get than kick to be at his pratice
Regina Pupek in Pa – Apr 04, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Berger, MD?
I went to Dr. Berger for a deviated septum, he confirmed my assumption and got me scheduled for the procedure in a few weeks. The surgery itself was seamless and quick. I recovered so quickly that I felt like myself after two days. Within the first month, I could see major improvements in my breathing and elimination of all post-op symptoms. It was the best procedure I could've ever done with the best staff to take care of me. Dr. Berger made me feel safe and extremely satisfied with my results.
Kelly C in Chesnut Hill, PA – Dec 15, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Berger, MD?
Just posting a follow up since my sinus surgery in April 2017 performed by Dr. BERGER. Its now late November and Im doing & breathing FANTASTIC...just want extend another Thank You...worth the long ride from the Lehigh Valley to Willow Grove...So happy I chose Berger Henry ENT.
Mike M in Bath, PA – Nov 11, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Berger, MD?
I am so happy that I went to Dr. Berger to have my sinuses checked out. I had chronic sinus infections and a constant severe cough that I dealt with for over 5 years. After Dr. Berger saw my scans he felt the best course of action was surgery and I agreed. I had my surgery in early June of 2016 and I now feel amazing. My breathing is great. When I get a cold my sinus congestion is little to none and most importantly my chronic cough is gone. I highly recommend Dr. Berger and his staff.
Chris Hare in Williamstown, NJ – May 23, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Berger, MD?
Dr Berger performed a miracle for me. I have had a deviated septum for 50 years and unable to have a complete night's sleep due to this condition. Same day surgery and I am sleeping through the night because the deviated septum was fixed. Yeah
Caryn in Horsham PA – Dec 22, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Berger, MD?
Dr. Berger quickly identified my deviated nasal septum and discussed what the appropriate course of action should be. Now for the first time in over 30 years I no longer have those horrible sinus headaches that have plagued me though the years. His office staff are kind, friendly and knowledgeable as well. Great team!!!
Carol Pilotti in Newtown, PA – Sep 27, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Berger, MD?
Dr. Berger is knowledgable and caring. He is a very good listener and diagnostician.
Philadelphia, PA – Aug 03, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Berger, MD?
I went to Dr. Berger for a recurring ear issue and blocked sinus. I learned that along with the ear and sinus issue, that I also had a deviated septum. Surgery was the recommendation and we proceeded quickly. The surgery was a huge success, and actually life changing. I have much more energy and endurance while playing tennis because I can finally breath freely through my nose for the first time in several years. It really feels so much better! Many thanks to Dr. Berger and staff!
Frank Quinn in Oreland, PA – Jul 22, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Berger, MD?
I was relieved and elated with the diagnostic results which confirmed Dr. Berger's diagnosis of my symptoms. I understood the explanation that supported the need for surgery, and the procedure was performed within the expectations given in both pre and post operative care. Three months after my surgery and it has also been three symptom free months. The office staff are always polite and efficient with almost zero wait time per visit.
Gerald F. Weaver in Philadelphia, PA – Jun 16, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Berger, MD?
Dr. Alan S Berger in my opinion save my Life! From the initial exam, surgery and the ongoing after care I am forever going to be thankful for him and his caring staff! I had so many sinus infections that led to breathing difficulty and chronic bronchitis! Dr. Alan S Berger saw the problems in the first few moments of my cat scan and we scheduled surgery to correct my sinus issues! Now I feel that him and his practice had my best interests at heart my life has gotten so much better!
Annmarie Boyes in Ambler, PA – Jun 08, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Berger, MD?
Been working w dr Berger for 12years - fabulous! Always best care snd great staff!!
Apr 26, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Berger, MD?
I can breathe! The most professional staff I could have hoped for. Thank you all!!!
Michael F Durkin in Warminster, PA – Mar 16, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Berger, MD?
I went to see Dr. Berger in September 2015 for ear wax removal. I also mention to him that I was having laryngospasms. He examined my throat and diagnosed me as having laryngopharyngeal reflux. He prescribed medications and by March of 2016 my symptoms went away. Needless to say, I was very pleased with the outcome. Dr. Berger and the entire staff were great!
Mar 16, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Berger, MD?
he clearly explained the procedure before the surgery and after surgery he gave me complete and through instructions for post-op.he examined me regularly in his office for a year after my surgery answering any questions i had.he kept my pcp updated about my recvovery through out the year.i felt very confident in the care i was recieving from dr. berger and his staff(who were all excellent).
joseph bellini in Horsham, PA – Jan 09, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Alan Berger, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Berger?

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Pennsylvania

Frequently Treated by Dr. Berger

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Berger treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Berger treats other conditions, please contact the office at (610) 279-7878.

Upper Respiratory Conditions

Upper respiratory specialists diagnose and treat conditions such as infections, sinusitis, allergic rhinitis, and whooping cough (pertussis) that affect the upper part of the respiratory system, including the nasal passages, larynx, and lungs.Compare with other Upper Respiratory Conditions specialists.

Dr. Berger is experienced in the area of Upper Respiratory Conditions. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 23 conditions and procedures

Chronic Sinusitis
Sinusitis
Laryngitis
Pharyngitis
Frequency

"Ear, Nose, & Throat Surgical Procedures"

Ear, nose and throat care surgeons treat conditions affecting those areas through procedures such as tonsilectomy, adenoidectomy, myringotomy (ear tubes), and sinus surgery.Compare with other "Ear, Nose, & Throat Surgical Procedures" specialists.

Dr. Berger is experienced in the area of "Ear, Nose, & Throat Surgical Procedures". See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 23 conditions and procedures

Similar Providers
Nasal Septum Surgery (Septoplasty)
Ablation or Excision of Nasal Turbinates
Intranasal or Sinus Procedure
Chronic Tonsillitis

Sleep Apnea

Sleep-disordered breathing specialists diagnose and treat conditions, such as snoring or obstructive sleep apnea, in which breathing is interrupted during sleep, resulting in symptoms of fatigue, irritability and high blood pressure.Compare with other Sleep Apnea specialists.

Dr. Berger is experienced in the area of Sleep Apnea. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 2 conditions and procedures

• Acute Tonsillitis
  • Adenoidectomy
  • Allergic Rhinitis
  • Anosmia
  • Antrostomy and Antrotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Audiometry
  • Ear Ache
  • Ear Tube Placement
  • Earwax Buildup
  • Enlarged Turbinates
  • Ethmoidectomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Eustachian Tube Dysfunction
  • Evaluation and Treatment of Sleep Disorders
  • Facial Fracture
  • Fiberoptic Endoscopic Evaluation of Swallowing (FEES)
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Head or Neck Lump or Swelling
  • Hearing Screening
  • Hoarse Voice (Dysphonia)
  • Home Sleep Study
  • Intranasal or Sinus Procedure
  • Laryngitis
  • Loss of Smell and-or Taste
  • Loss of Taste
  • Malignant Otitis Externa
  • Middle Ear Implant Candidacy Evaluation
  • Nasal Polyp
  • Nasal Septum Surgery (Septoplasty)
  • Nosebleed
  • Vocal Cord Paralysis
  • Vocal Cord Polyp
  • Wheezing

Dr. Berger accepts

Dr. Berger accepts the following insurance:

Select